Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky is a disgrace!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When you have 3-4 grown men coming full-speed after you its going to be hard to make a good decision, agreed?

BA, I agree with your notion, for the most part, however, the few good (non-rushed) passes that Hartline did get off all went sailing over the receivers heads.

In the UF game, most of Hartline's problems came from poor pass-blocking, but he did pick up some of the blame by throwing bad passes.
ComfortEagle Wrote:BA, I agree with your notion, for the most part, however, the few good (non-rushed) passes that Hartline did get off all went sailing over the receivers heads.

In the UF game, most of Hartline's problems came from poor pass-blocking, but he did pick up some of the blame by throwing bad passes.

He did overthrow a few of his receivers, but better overthrown than under. I noticed a few times that Matthews was wide-open and had a catchable ball thrown his way, but no attempt was made by Mattews to catch it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When you have 3-4 grown men coming full-speed after you its going to be hard to make a good decision, agreed?

Idk ive never been in the state jail Smile

Lol, but seriously there is Qb's that make the right call why cant ours?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Idk ive never been in the state jail Smile

Lol, but seriously there is Qb's that make the right call why cant ours?

How many QBs can stand in the pocket with the knowledge of someone about to put them on their backs and deliever a well thrown ball? I rarely see it. I've seen Tebow get rid of the ball while going to down and Florida score on the reception, but then again thats Florida. UK doesn't get the players like they do year in and year out.
Bandwagon fan,,dont think so. I do like to see Kentucky do well. I also think brooks is a great coach. Did you all watch the game on TV. The announcers basically were saying the same thing i did. Their effort was terrible they themselves were agitated at the effort. The coaches were ready and the fans were too but for some reason Ky played at about 30% for the first quarter. Facts are not always pretty. 20 missed tackles in the first quarter alone. 20. Coach brooks being the man he is took all the blame. Go back you will never read where I do nothing but heap praise on brooks.
I swear. Where did UK get this arrogance from? Yea we played horrible in the first quarter but we settled down and didn't play all that bad the rest of the game. You would think we was playing the school for the blind and that we should have been winning by 100.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I swear. Where did UK get this arrogance from? Yea we played horrible in the first quarter but we settled down and didn't play all that bad the rest of the game. You would think we was playing the school for the blind and that we should have been winning by 100.

Nice post :Thumbs:
Wow did u all really think that Uk could compete with UF....I hope not....I saw them getting blew out....I thought it would be alittle closer especially since tebow didnt play nearly half the game, (by the way wish him best)...i think if anyone is to blame it is hartline....he needs to be replaced with newton the freshman or cobb....which neither come close to tebow...
However next week when BAMA rolls in i feel an upset
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I have a habit like most fans of any team to make judgments and input my opinion about what the coaching staff should do here or there. But come on, people. Rich Brooks is one of classiest coaches in America. Look at his record at Oregon. 1994 Rose Bowl, National Coach of the Year, etc. He did some things during his time there that hadn't been done in a long time, much like here. Do I agree with every decision he makes, or every play/scheme Phillips or Brown makes? No. But there is a reason they're on the field or in the press box and I'm sitting at home watching the game on TV. These guys know what they're doing a h*ll of a lot more than we do. Saying they need to quit, they haven't done anything for the program and all of that is just insane! We weren't supposed to beat Florida! We weren't even supposed to hang with them. I agree with 15thRegionSlammaBama...if we don't make so many stupid penalties in the first quarter and don't have such a horrendous start to the game, it's a different story. It is what it is. It's one game. We've got 9 more to go. There is time to get things straight and have everything worked out.

Maybe after this game, people's expectations for the Alabama game will have been lowered, leaving more room for error!!

Brooks record at Oregon was 89-112-4 with only 7 seasons of .500 or better ball and he was there I think 18yrs. He is getting his 6 wins against teams like EKU, WKU, La-Monroe and the lower teams in the SEC that is in the same boat as UK.
Southern Rocker Wrote:Brooks record at Oregon was 89-112-4 with only 7 seasons of .500 or better ball and he was there I think 18yrs. He is getting his 6 wins against teams like EKU, WKU, La-Monroe and the lower teams in the SEC that is in the same boat as UK.

Dude if it wasnt for Brooks and Co. we would still be a 2 to 3 win team every season, things are only improving with recruiting, 5 years ago we would have begged a 4 star recruit to even consider us now they come to us willing...
Southern Rocker Wrote:Brooks record at Oregon was 89-112-4 with only 7 seasons of .500 or better ball and he was there I think 18yrs. He is getting his 6 wins against teams like EKU, WKU, La-Monroe and the lower teams in the SEC that is in the same boat as UK.
Well Oregon wasnt exactly USC in the PAC 10 when he took over either. Oregon was the WORST team in the conference and Brooks brought them to a level of respectability, which UO fans still praise him today. Oregon wouldnt be the program they are today if it wasnt for Rich Brooks. Brooks put them on the map, and theyve been a solid program over the years. And whats wrong with beating Louisville three years in a row? Yeah everybody is screaming "We want tougher competition". I can remember 1994, the year after the Peach Bowl, UK beat Louisville, then lost 10 games in a row, included was a loss to Northwestern State! A division II team.. those were some bad, bad years for UK fans, and after Hal Mumme crippled the program (getting chosen over a young coach by the name of Houston Nutt no less), the ONLY man in America that was willing to take a scandal ridden, dead program in Lexington, was Rich Brooks. And with three straight bowl wins, bringing the Cats to respectablity, beating a number one team, the eventual national champion (and beating the other team that beat them that season), taking UK into the top 10, bringing in very highly rated recruits, I say Rich Brooks is the best thing to happen to Kentucky football in over 50 years. UK fans need to remember the 15 years before 2006, and see how much they have to complain about..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well Oregon wasnt exactly USC in the PAC 10 when he took over either. Oregon was the WORST team in the conference and Brooks brought them to a level of respectability, which UO fans still praise him today. Oregon wouldnt be the program they are today if it wasnt for Rich Brooks. Brooks put them on the map, and theyve been a solid program over the years. And whats wrong with beating Louisville three years in a row? Yeah everybody is screaming "We want tougher competition". I can remember 1994, the year after the Peach Bowl, UK beat Louisville, then lost 10 games in a row, included was a loss to Northwestern State! A division II team.. those were some bad, bad years for UK fans, and after Hal Mumme crippled the program (getting chosen over a young coach by the name of Houston Nutt no less), the ONLY man in America that was willing to take a scandal ridden, dead program in Lexington, was Rich Brooks. And with three straight bowl wins, bringing the Cats to respectablity, beating a number one team, the eventual national champion (and beating the other team that beat them that season), taking UK into the top 10, bringing in very highly rated recruits, I say Rich Brooks is the best thing to happen to Kentucky football in over 50 years. UK fans need to remember the 15 years before 2006, and see how much they have to complain about..
One of the best posts I have seen in a while...100% AGREE!
I couldn't agree more. People has a short fuse when it comes to loosing a game. They are other game to win, and if we win more games then we can go back to bowl. Right now that is what is more important than anything.
tj10 Wrote:I think it is time to give another QB a shot at leading this team..
I agree let newton play hartline is horrible
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Dude if it wasnt for Brooks and Co. we would still be a 2 to 3 win team every season, things are only improving with recruiting, 5 years ago we would have begged a 4 star recruit to even consider us now they come to us willing...
15th, I think this is one thing we CAN agree on!

Yes, I would love to see a 9-10 win season, but people forget without Brooks, who took a program NO ONE in the country wanted, and has made it into a consistent team that is able to win 6-7 games and make a bowl game. In time, better recruits will come in and the bowl games will become more prestigious. But the main thing as far as recruiting goes that really hurts Kentucky is the talent level in the state. Recruiting Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee is fine, but the big time programs get most of their recruits from in-state, and Kentucky just can't produce players like California, Florida, Texas, and Ohio...not on a consistent basis anyway.
I still think we can recruit in state some more. There is talented kids out there. Hayden from Lexington Christian, Collinsworth from Highlands, etc. I still think there is good talent out there in the bluegrass. Why didn't we get John Cole from Somerset? Look what he is doing at Vandy.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I swear. Where did UK get this arrogance from? Yea we played horrible in the first quarter but we settled down and didn't play all that bad the rest of the game. You would think we was playing the school for the blind and that we should have been winning by 100.

Did UK settle down or did Florida call off the dogs? Be honest, Florida could have put up 50+ points if they wanted to. Plus we only had like 77 total offensive yards the entire game.

theVILLE Wrote:Wow did u all really think that Uk could compete with UF....I hope not....I saw them getting blew out....I thought it would be alittle closer especially since tebow didnt play nearly half the game, (by the way wish him best)...i think if anyone is to blame it is hartline....he needs to be replaced with newton the freshman or cobb....which neither come close to tebow...
However next week when BAMA rolls in i feel an upset

All of the UK fans with a head on their shoulder knew that UK would not win this game, but we also expected them to be able to compete with Florida and not get embarrassed. BTW, Tebow got hurt with just under 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Yes, everyone Brooks has done a great job with the Kentucky football program, but who in the SEC have we defeated besides Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Arkansas? LSU once and Georgia once. Come on guys, don't tell me your satisfied with winning 1-2, 3 if where lucky conference games a season. We are picking up majority of our wins against some of the weakest competition we can find. I do think it's time for Brooks to step down and let Joker take over this program. Like at Oregon. Brooks got them about as high as he could get them and he left to the NFL and let his assistant take over and he took them even further.
In reference to the post about Kentucky recruiting here is the thing. Kentucky can't go after the top recruits right away. Facts are facts, if a recruit is good enough to be at a top 10 school chances aren't great of him playing for Kentucky.
We have to slowly work our way up to stealing those recruits. And look at the top 100 players with each year and we are starting to appear on a lot more top players list. But its a process not an overnight wonder. Kentucky must steal look for underrated steals in the recruiting field. When we go after the five star players we are going up against Southern Cal, Alabama, Florida, Miami, Ohio State....ETC....Convincing those players we are better than those caliber of teams isn't easy and simply takes time.
What Brooks has done is amazing to me and the most amazing thing is he continues to do it the right way. We could have turned it around quicker but then have fallen back off after a year or two and then probably faced probation. But he's built this team up with a solid foundation. Sometimes it takes longer to build something right, but once its complete then its worth the extra time and effort.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yes, everyone Brooks has done a great job with the Kentucky football program, but who in the SEC have we defeated besides Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Arkansas? LSU once and Georgia once. Come on guys, don't tell me your satisfied with winning 1-2, 3 if where lucky conference games a season. We are picking up majority of our wins against some of the weakest competition we can find. I do think it's time for Brooks to step down and let Joker take over this program. Like at Oregon. Brooks got them about as high as he could get them and he left to the NFL and let his assistant take over and he took them even further.

You make it kind of sound you would like for him to be forced out is this true? I know you said step down but would you just as much like to see him gone just in general?

Listen people if you truly think things are going to change alot when Joker take over you are rudely mistaking. The coaching staff will stay the same, Brown with D, Joker with O and Sanders with QBs. Heck you could even get a worse case scenerio here AND SANDERS COULD LEAVE. Things are not going to change nothing will change everything will stay the same. Honestly Brooks is a guy that is there for motivation, guidence and to support his players and keep the program on the right track with punishments and so on. Stratigacly making calls every so ofter like fake punts and so on...Everything else is Jokers, Sanders and Browns babies...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:You make it kind of sound you would like for him to be forced out is this true? I know you said step down but would you just as much like to see him gone just in general?

Listen people if you truly think things are going to change alot when Joker take over you are rudely mistaking. The coaching staff will stay the same, Brown with D, Joker with O and Sanders with QBs. Heck you could even get a worse case scenerio here AND SANDERS COULD LEAVE. Things are not going to change nothing will change everything will stay the same. Honestly Brooks is a guy that is there for motivation, guidence and to support his players and keep the program on the right track with punishments and so on. Stratigacly making calls every so ofter like fake punts and so on...Everything else is Jokers, Sanders and Browns babies...

No, I do not want Brooks forced out at all. He is up there in years (not sure of his age). How do you know that things wouldn't change once Joker takes over? Plus I do not see Randy Sanders leaving because he will be the offensive coordinator. Brown I do believe needs to be fired, because his arrogant coaching style gets UK embarrassed against the more athletic teams such as a Florida, Alabama, Georgia, etc.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No, I do not want Brooks forced out at all. He is up there in years (not sure of his age). How do you know that things wouldn't change once Joker takes over? Plus I do not see Randy Sanders leaving because he will be the offensive coordinator. Brown I do believe needs to be fired, because his arrogant coaching style gets UK embarrassed against the more athletic teams such as a Florida, Alabama, Georgia, etc.

Ive been pretty closely knit with Brooks and Co. and from the way Joker talks everything is primarily going to stay the same and he doesnt watch much to change at all and that was pretty much his exact words. Sanders has been job shopping for the past 3 or 4 years he wants a HEAD COACHING job not O coordinator. Just stating what has been said while being around the gentlemen playing golf.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Ive been pretty closely knit with Brooks and Co. and from the way Joker talks everything is primarily going to stay the same and he doesnt watch much to change at all and that was pretty much his exact words. Sanders has been job shopping for the past 3 or 4 years he wants a HEAD COACHING job not O coordinator. Just stating what has been said while being around the gentlemen playing golf.

If Sanders wanted a head coaching position he would have already had one. He is going to Jokers assistant coaching and I'm willing to put a wager on that.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Sanders wanted a head coaching position he would have already had one. He is going to Jokers assistant coaching and I'm willing to put a wager on that.

Not saying he wont just saying it is a high possibilty that he could leave you can not shy away from that. He does want to be a head coach he has applied at several schools over the past few years, the deal is where is the money at and where is his heart at. Right now yes his heart is at Kentucky but that may change over the course of the next few years. He would be a fine head coach and he knows that. With that said Phillips has also made the statement that if Sanders ever left he would be holding onto his ankles lol...Not trying to argue B/A just stating what has been said around me by both...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Not saying he wont just saying it is a high possibilty that he could leave you can not shy away from that. He does want to be a head coach he has applied at several schools over the past few years, the deal is where is the money at and where is his heart at. Right now yes his heart is at Kentucky but that may change over the course of the next few years. He would be a fine head coach and he knows that. With that said Phillips has also made the statement that if Sanders ever left he would be holding onto his ankles lol...Not trying to argue B/A just stating what has been said around me by both...

I hear you. We're just having a discussion.

I think the duo of Phillips & Sanders would be awesome. But I'm in no way shape or form a fan of Steve Brown. Man is clueless.
Has anyone sler noticed that the news has been talking to Joker Phillips more after that loss? I kinda like his way of thinking and he handles himself well. I like Brooks, but he is going to have a heart attack if he continues to get upset as he did against UF, I was worried.
I went to this game to see Tebow. I wore my KY blue and held out hope that we could keep it close - but really knew better. Tebow is the most amazing player I to take a snap in college. I played in college and have coached for years. Seeing him play compared to the play of UK QB was visible evidence of why FL is #1 in the country. UK football has come a 1000 miles under Brooks. But we have another 1000 to travel to be in the same league as UF and Tebow.
I do like Brooks he just is not winning against the top of the SEC teams he has been there long enough to do so imo.......
Here is something to ponder on ESPN reported that Brooks is 1-24 against the SEC EAST, minus games with Vandy, in the Brooks era at UK. Of course you are talking about FLA. GA. TENN and South Carolina(especially with Steve Spurrier) its no wonder. Like I stated before he is getting his wins against EKU WKU Miami Ohio La-Monroe I think that is great that the Cats have gone bowling the past three years and I hope they keep the streak alive for awhile.
Congrats on beating Louisville 3 straight years. This Mountaineer fan would like nothing more than to have UK replace Marshall on our schedule.
catwoman Wrote:Bandwagon fan,,dont think so. I do like to see Kentucky do well. I also think brooks is a great coach. Did you all watch the game on TV. The announcers basically were saying the same thing i did. Their effort was terrible they themselves were agitated at the effort. The coaches were ready and the fans were too but for some reason Ky played at about 30% for the first quarter. Facts are not always pretty. 20 missed tackles in the first quarter alone. 20. Coach brooks being the man he is took all the blame. Go back you will never read where I do nothing but heap praise on brooks.

:lmao:

catwoman, Bill Stewart at WVU has done more in 1+ seasons in Morgantown than Brooks has done in all his years at UK. His three straight late December bowl wins do not even come close to the Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma that Bill Stewart came up with.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

catwoman, Bill Stewart at WVU has done more in 1+ seasons in Morgantown than Brooks has done in all his years at UK. His three straight late December bowl wins do not even come close to the Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma that Bill Stewart came up with.
First of all I have nothing but respect for WVU...but COME ON! Bill Stewart took over a top 10 team, while Brooks took over a dead program..And I mean this program was DEAD. Bill Stewart is a decent coach, yes, but he had twice as much to work with, in a weaker conference than Brooks did. Put WVU in the SEC and see how many BCS bowls they go too. WVU would be right there where UK is, a 3-5 or 2-6 conference team every year..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5