Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky is a disgrace!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
catwoman Wrote:If you have a young kid who wants to play football dont let them watch Kentucky. After they were humilated last year you would think they would come out fired up and ready to redeem themselves. Sorry and downright disgraceful effort these wildcats are putting up today. Missed tackles, penalties. Coach brooks is the only person on the sidelines who seems to care . Even the announcers are agravated at how KY's players are handling themselves. We dont need to play Florida if we are that scared of them. shameful shameful shameful,,,Today there is not a more sorry bunch of football players in the world.

No one is making you be a UK fan. If you don't like it, go bandwagon somehwere else. Real fans stick through the good and the bad. Not-So-Real fans say things like this.
So strikeoutking by saying what you said, the three bowls games we won doesn't mean anything? Come on, don't let your emotions get the best of you.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:And the other coaches we had have what?

Guy Morris sure didnt do anything.
Morris had one good year and jetted for Baylor. Whats he doing now?
Wow, how can u start a thread like this? Through the good and the bad, We played the best team in football today and u expected us to win? You shouldnt be blaming the players anymore than the coaches either,
At least we can go into a game like this and in the back of our minds think this could be the year. Prior to the last four or five years that wasn't the fact no matter how good or bad Florida happened to be. We at least have hope these days. However, I do think we lost this game when the Gators stepped on the field. We're still to intimidated by their presence. We did improve the result by 24 points over last year. So we have something to hang our hats on.
how was hartlines playing? i didnt see the game and the radio guys only talked about how we should run the wildcat
I haven't really been that hard on Hartline up until now but the kid just isn't getting it done. He just seems to be a step slow and slow on making decisions. When he does throw unless the receiver is wide open he won't get it to them. Can't thread the needle that is for certain.
On the radio they said everytime someone got open he would overthrow or underthrow, said one time he threw one out of bounds like 5 feet behind the reciever
That description sounds correct.
Pitiful, give it up brooks hes not turning the corner, move on, give someone else a shot, your lover cant do it
my emotions got the best of me. i hate to see UK lose!

if hartline wasnt over throwing or under throwing, he was throwing screen passes that was getting stopped!
Strikeout King Wrote:my emotions got the best of me. i hate to see UK lose!

if hartline wasnt over throwing or under throwing, he was throwing screen passes that was getting stopped!

well when u can only complete one kind of pass they know how to defend you,
I don't understand how anybody with an understanding of the history of UK's football program can be so quick to fault Rich Brooks. Yes, yesterday's first half was one of the sorriest displays of football by a UK football team ever but sorry displays of football were an almost weekly occurrence under most former UK coaches. Tim Tebow and Florida will embarrass many teams this season and yesterday's result is no reason to give up on Brooks or Hartline.
The only thing that is a disgrace in this state are the fair-weather fans. UK was playing THE best team in America last night. Our chances of winning were non-existent barring a miracle like a lightning bolt coming down from the sky, shocking Hartline and giving him superpowers to throw 90 yard TDs.

UK was intimidated and over-thinking at the start of the game. Arm-tackling and Hartline's poor performance really did them in last night as well.
:worthy::worthy::worthy:
ComfortEagle Wrote:The only thing that is a disgrace in this state are the fair-weather fans.

You have to make it through the bad times to brag about the good times
catwoman Wrote:terrible wording,,,their effort in the first half was a disgrace.I think brooks is a very good coach. Im a Marshall and west virginia fan and alot of these people dont realize how good kentucky football is. Well an effort like the first half gives them plenty of ammunition.

Does Marshall and West Virginia play Florida or any team on that level?
i think UK played really good after 1st quarter. its after everything in the world went against them including penalties the boys have heart and played like MEN! ask tebow for example. i believe we wil surprise a few people next week against AL
beasy_bo Wrote:i think UK played really good after 1st quarter. its after everything in the world went against them including penalties the boys have heart and played like MEN! ask tebow for example. i believe we wil surprise a few people next week against AL

I Agree.
After the first quarter we weren't as horrible as people are saying.

Think about it, Florida scored what, 31 in the first quarter?
then only scored 10 the rest of the game?
I think its safe to say nerves got the best of us.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The only thing that is a disgrace in this state are the fair-weather fans. UK was playing THE best team in America last night. Our chances of winning were non-existent barring a miracle like a lightning bolt coming down from the sky, shocking Hartline and giving him superpowers to throw 90 yard TDs.

UK was intimidated and over-thinking at the start of the game. Arm-tackling and Hartline's poor performance really did them in last night as well.

Wildcatk23 Wrote::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Thank you guys, DEAD ON! :Thumbs:
Bench Hartline! BRING IN NEWTON!!
I have a habit like most fans of any team to make judgments and input my opinion about what the coaching staff should do here or there. But come on, people. Rich Brooks is one of classiest coaches in America. Look at his record at Oregon. 1994 Rose Bowl, National Coach of the Year, etc. He did some things during his time there that hadn't been done in a long time, much like here. Do I agree with every decision he makes, or every play/scheme Phillips or Brown makes? No. But there is a reason they're on the field or in the press box and I'm sitting at home watching the game on TV. These guys know what they're doing a h*ll of a lot more than we do. Saying they need to quit, they haven't done anything for the program and all of that is just insane! We weren't supposed to beat Florida! We weren't even supposed to hang with them. I agree with 15thRegionSlammaBama...if we don't make so many stupid penalties in the first quarter and don't have such a horrendous start to the game, it's a different story. It is what it is. It's one game. We've got 9 more to go. There is time to get things straight and have everything worked out.

Maybe after this game, people's expectations for the Alabama game will have been lowered, leaving more room for error!!
Hotshot Wrote:Bench Hartline! BRING IN NEWTON!!
There is a reason Newton has yet to see the field. He's a FRESHMAN. How many true freshman quarterbacks do you know of have come into the SEC and started right away? Let the coaching staff do their job. They see the practices and workouts a heck of a lot more than you, I guarantee it!
I was at the Florida game and the fans where ready, but it was apparent that a lot of the players where not. Florida (IMO) isn't that much better than Kentucky. Steve Brown (Def. Coordinator) doesn't know what he's doing sometimes. We have plently of playmakers on defense yet, we cannot stop anyone from running the ball all over us. We also cannot get off the field on 3rd down. Ortmayer (Special Teams Coach) needs to be fired. Man hasn't done anything but come up with a few touchdowns on kickoffs since he's been here. I bet we've more field goals & punts blocked since he arrived than special teams touchdowns. Joker Phillps (Off. Coordinator) has some bizarre play calls at times. He may be the most bi-polar play caller I've seen.

Now the coaching staff talks about how much better we are now than we where last year, but I sure as heck don't see it. We have enough play-makers on our team to play with anyone and win close games. But we cannot keep our defense off the field long enough to catch their breath because the offense has so many 3 & outs. I'm not going to bash Hartline, because he has the mechanics to become a quality quarterback, but the play calling is what makes him look so bad. IMO, Rich needs to hang it up, let Joker take over and let Randy Sanders (QB coach) call the plays. Because neither of those guys are going to stick around forever.

JMO
I think the bandwagon fans need to go ahead and jump back off so we can make room for the TRUE BLUE fans that wear the Blue & White with pride. I for one will stand behind my team regardless. GO CATS!
comforteagle Wrote:the only thing that is a disgrace in this state are the fair-weather fans. Uk was playing the best team in america last night. Our chances of winning were non-existent barring a miracle like a lightning bolt coming down from the sky, shocking hartline and giving him superpowers to throw 90 yard tds.

Uk was intimidated and over-thinking at the start of the game. Arm-tackling and hartline's poor performance really did them in last night as well.

wildcatk23 Wrote::worthy::worthy::worthy:

amen!
ComfortEagle Wrote:The only thing that is a disgrace in this state are the fair-weather fans. UK was playing THE best team in America last night. Our chances of winning were non-existent barring a miracle like a lightning bolt coming down from the sky, shocking Hartline and giving him superpowers to throw 90 yard TDs.

I agree. UK fans doing what they do best, and that is jumping off the ship at any sign of trouble.

No idea where UK football fans got this feeling of superiority all of the sudden when up until the last 3 years we were a nothing team winning 2 or 3 games a year.
Guys I'm behind Brooks & company, but if you cannot see that our play calling is holding our players back then your blind. I'm sorry but its the truth. I for one am a Hartline supporter, but the play calling makes him look terrrible rather than average.

Face it guys, WE ARE STILL Kentucky. We schedule some of the worst OOC opponents we can find just so we can win up to 4-5 games a season. Then we our biggest games of the year are against Miss. State & Vaney so we can become bowl eligible. We only win 1-3 games reguarly in the SEC. Plus its so **** easy to goto a bowl game nowadays. Back in the day, there wasn't 100 bowls, they was just a handful and you had to actually earn your way there.

Everyone can call me what they like, but I've been going to game since I was 13 years old and if we are going to play in the SEC then we need to step our shish up. Or we will continue to be that automatic win for the SEC's big boys.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Guys I'm behind Brooks & company, but if you cannot see that our play calling is holding our players back then your blind. I'm sorry but its the truth. I for one am a Hartline supporter, but the play calling makes him look terrrible rather than average.

Face it guys, WE ARE STILL Kentucky. We schedule some of the worst OOC opponents we can find just so we can win up to 4-5 games a season. Then we our biggest games of the year are against Miss. State & Vaney so we can become bowl eligible. We only win 1-3 games reguarly in the SEC. Plus its so **** easy to goto a bowl game nowadays. Back in the day, there wasn't 100 bowls, they was just a handful and you had to actually earn your way there.

Everyone can call me what they like, but I've been going to game since I was 13 years old and if we are going to play in the SEC then we need to step our shish up. Or we will continue to be that automatic win for the SEC's big boys.

:Thumbs:

But im not a hartline supporter, he just makes bad choices, and cant throw
Wildcatk23 Wrote::Thumbs:

But im not a hartline supporter, he just makes bad choices, and cant throw

When you have 3-4 grown men coming full-speed after you its going to be hard to make a good decision, agreed?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5