Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 51 South Floyd 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reported final score on 96.5.
Congrats Tigers. How do you let SF score 28?
BlueStripes Wrote:Congrats Tigers. How do you let SF score 28?

The same way you barely beat Magoffin Co.:biggrin:
Figured this would be a lot worse...congrats Paintsville
BlueStripes Wrote:Congrats Tigers. How do you let SF score 28?

It's called letting your young kids play so they can get some experience. Could have been a lot worse if they had left our varsity in the whole game but the younger players got some PT. Then again, if we had left them in and ran the score up we would have had people complaining about that. Some people just complain no matter what. Good win Tigers...you looked good out there tonight!
gish_7 Wrote:Figured this would be a lot worse...congrats Paintsville

Believe me, it was plenty lopsided. Paintsville was up 45-14 at the half (I think). Paintsville started cycling JV soon after halftime.

Doderer with >250 yds. on 18 carries.
I think that Doderer has over 450, maybe even over 500 yards of rushing over the last two games. He is one of the top 10 best backs in EKY.

Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Paintsville
Congrats paintsville..
Congrats Paintsville.
I saw the highlights on Sports Overtime. SF looked pretty bad. Can't believe they don't have better athletes than that at SF. I bet the talent walking the hallways is more than what is on the team. Why don't kids have the desire to play football?
So this game wasn't close?
How's South Floyds' transfer doing?
Paintsville scored 2 touchdowns before the SF offense took the field. SF fumbled there first kickoff return and Paintsville took advantage of it. The SF offense looked good to have have only ran it for 4 days. It was Dakota's first game of the year. They could move the ball against Paintsville, but everytime they got the ball moving, we had some **** stupid bonehead penalty.....The officiating was fair on both sides imo... SF defintely needs a little work on special teams.... I know P-ville ran one back, and always had good starting position.... SF was usually starting around the 20-25 or so......

Doderer has got some wheels when he gets going...haha He is fast. I think on the radio they said he had 28x yards....
I just can't believe South Floyd put up 28 points regardless of the J.V. or not. Jenkins shout them out and they throw 28 on the board against Paintsville..Anyways, congrats Tigers, and keep working Raiders!
I told you in the other thread what happened at Jenkins you just though I was BSing I guess. 2 TD called back and everytime they got close penalties stall the drive not jenkins D, SF moved the ball easily against Jenkins.

Doderer def has some wheels though I think he has had around 600 yards combined in the last 2 games and the Officiating was very good and fair lastnight, SF had problems all night on special teams that needs worked out. Like tator said paintsville had 14 points in the first 1:08 seconds of the game and they never looked back. Doderer was in the game till the end of the 3rd quater and dont think he got in after that. Dakota looked good for his first game in almost a year and threw two long TD's in the first half and had one called back in the 4th quater also had some nice runs. I think he will really open up SF offense. Now the defense needs to get on track.
Apparently not too easy..They didn't score, lol..Game is over and done with. Again, congrats Tigers on the W!
then dont ask why they didnt score on Jenkins then LOL. and they did score they were called back LOL
Newsome really impressed me last night for the Raiders. If SF could get some hands out there that could catch his passes they would've scored a few more touchdowns. Now that the Raiders have a passing game it should open up the run and SF could be a totally different team in a couple of weeks. What year is Newsome by the way? Congrats Pville. Doderer is the real deal. Is he a senior this year? If so, what schools are looking at him?
Newsome is a Junior.....
Awesome game, Tigers!!! So glad we have a team where our younger guys get in when the score allows it. Good experience to build a good team for the future.:Clap:
Good job guys! Nice to get some of the younger players some PT. Coach Kinner is pure class!
trueblue84 Wrote:Good job guys! Nice to get some of the younger players some PT. Coach Kinner is pure class!

if he has class then he needs to show some to his middle school team, not just put them down @ tell them to put tape across tigers on there jersey, and how they don't belong in the locker room.this is a fact, ask any middle school player.
I think you'd better double check that about the middle school. Coach Kinner has included them in the Friday lunches for the HS team at school and comes to all their games. Heck, he's normally down on the sideline with the team and MS coaches. I don't know of another HS coach who does that. As far as the players go, I haven't heard ANY of them say that. Not sure where your info came from, but you may want to check it out.
jetpilot Wrote:The same way you barely beat Magoffin Co.:biggrin:

Well I myself didnt barely beat anyone. But I think Magoffin might be a tad bit better than South Floyd but that is just a maybe.
TigerMom Wrote:I think you'd better double check that about the middle school. Coach Kinner has included them in the Friday lunches for the HS team at school and comes to all their games. Heck, he's normally down on the sideline with the team and MS coaches. I don't know of another HS coach who does that. As far as the players go, I haven't heard ANY of them say that. Not sure where your info came from, but you may want to check it out.

my info comes from my son,as far as friday lunches go, they should be there since middle school parents help pay for the food or brings something.
TigerMom Wrote:I think you'd better double check that about the middle school. Coach Kinner has included them in the Friday lunches for the HS team at school and comes to all their games. Heck, he's normally down on the sideline with the team and MS coaches. I don't know of another HS coach who does that. As far as the players go, I haven't heard ANY of them say that. Not sure where your info came from, but you may want to check it out.

Friday lunches or not. It came from his son and another team mate.
Heard it first hand. So why would this kid make some crazy **** like
this up? You know...one coach has already been let go for remarks and
language. The only reason some of these kids don't say anything is
because they are scared. We have seen what happens when the one's who
do have the balls to stand up. You know..it is one thing to get in a
kids face to motivate him. But it is another when you put him and his
team mates down in front of the whole team.

I don't have a dog in this fight. And I am an Alumni and it really
bothers me. BUT! When we have more than one kid that is saying the
same things and we just blow them off as adults...what is that saying?
I will tell you what that is saying and that is we don't care what you
kids have to say. Coach is ALWAYAS right! Well,...bull-****!

I don't care what people or the "realville" has said...We lost 5
starters, in some aspect! NOT, 2 or 3! And they say they have so many
kids...how many ARE football players? I was there Friday night. The
ones they have to fill their spots, besides Green and S. Daniel...forget
it. And they know it.

What do we have in the backfield next year returning besides Nordin?
No-One! We are in trouble....and that is just pure honesty...not
putting any kid down and we ALL know it! As far as passing...if anyone
protects us 20 yards and in....we are done. Plain and simple.

So if you can't handle the truth...please don't respond...because I
will. NOT. putting any kid down. Just telling the truth. Something
that a few..."TherealVille" just don't won't to hear!

As Jack Nicholos said "You want the truth? You can't handle the the
truth." Just as simple as that. Love my team amd just want the best
for them. If you had Reynolds, Conley, Sublett, Burchett and Jarrell
next season, we all know what a difference that would make. Great kids
and Great attitudes..plain and simple. Tell me now that there isn't a
problem!
close up_07 Wrote:Friday lunches or not. It came from his son and another team mate.
Heard it first hand. So why would this kid make some crazy **** like
this up? You know...one coach has already been let go for remarks and
language. The only reason some of these kids don't say anything is
because they are scared. We have seen what happens when the one's who
do have the balls to stand up. You know..it is one thing to get in a
kids face to motivate him. But it is another when you put him and his
team mates down in front of the whole team.

I don't have a dog in this fight. And I am an Alumni and it really
bothers me. BUT! When we have more than one kid that is saying the
same things and we just blow them off as adults...what is that saying?
I will tell you what that is saying and that is we don't care what you
kids have to say. Coach is ALWAYAS right! Well,...bull-****!

I don't care what people or the "realville" has said...We lost 5
starters, in some aspect! NOT, 2 or 3! And they say they have so many
kids...how many ARE football players? I was there Friday night. The
ones they have to fill their spots, besides Green and S. Daniel...forget
it. And they know it.

What do we have in the backfield next year returning besides Nordin?
No-One! We are in trouble....and that is just pure honesty...not
putting any kid down and we ALL know it! As far as passing...if anyone
protects us 20 yards and in....we are done. Plain and simple.

So if you can't handle the truth...please don't respond...because I
will. NOT. putting any kid down. Just telling the truth. Something
that a few..."TherealVille" just don't won't to hear!

As Jack Nicholos said "You want the truth? You can't handle the the
truth." Just as simple as that. Love my team amd just want the best
for them. If you had Reynolds, Conley, Sublett, Burchett and Jarrell
next season, we all know what a difference that would make. Great kids
and Great attitudes..plain and simple. Tell me now that there isn't a
problem!

You act like you never got cussed at when you played. If you say you didn't, you're lyin. I got cussed at every day by more than one coach, it's part of it.
Ok...the Friday lunches are nice. The HS coach going to all the games (even away) is nice. Him being on the sidelines with them is good, too. Him going into the locker room to give them a "pep" talk is also good. My son is on that team, too. He didn't mention it to me because he's been around sports all his life. The coach didn't use any bad language. What he told them is that they should get out there on the field and give 110% and remember all the people who've worn that jersey before. And if they don't want to give 110%, they should just put tape over the "Tigers" on their jerseys. And, you think that's bad??? Are you serious? The fact that my son didn't even mention it doesn't mean he is afraid of the coach....it meant that he knows they've given the past 2 games away. We shouldn't have lost. We had kids who normally block well who weren't. We have kids who normally run the ball well who weren't. We had passes not completed that should've been. Catches dropped....I can go on and on. Do I want the coach to go in there and tell them what a good job they're doing? Absolutely not! I want him to learn what it means to be part of a team and to give his best. Anybody who was at the game could see that that did not happen. The HS coach didn't mean what he said to hurt their feelings or whatever it is that's being implied here. He did it, I'm sure, to fire them up.....get them to show what they can do. I think a big problem with kids today is that they're coddled WAY too much. Do you really think that the great coaches in the past at Paintsville (Coach Brugh, Coach Adkins, Coach Runyon) used the kid gloves? We're not talking about 2nd graders here. I'm just thankful that we have a coach who takes the time to know what his players are doing and shows interest in them. At the HS and MS level. Good job to the whole staff!
And, as far as the ones who quit....Reynolds wouldn't have been able to finish the season anyway because of an injury; Jarrell isn't eligible this year so what makes you think he won't play next?; Sublett wasn't a starter as you suggest and seems to be happy playing soccer and doing quite well at it; and if Conley and Burchett think they'll be happier at JCHS (Conley already tried that once), then maybe they can have a great HS career there. Coaches can't coach if they have to worry about who's mad over playing time - parents or kids. That's why the school hires them....to make coaching decisions. If parents want to coach, they can apply at the school board.
Pages: 1 2