Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 51 South Floyd 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cuss words are ultimately, just words. Just sayin. As Dave Chappelle would say, "Then just give up cuz life is waaaaaayyy harder than that."
TigerMom Wrote:And, as far as the ones who quit....Reynolds wouldn't have been able to finish the season anyway because of an injury; Jarrell isn't eligible this year so what makes you think he won't play next?; Sublett wasn't a starter as you suggest and seems to be happy playing soccer and doing quite well at it; and if Conley and Burchett think they'll be happier at JCHS (Conley already tried that once), then maybe they can have a great HS career there. Coaches can't coach if they have to worry about who's mad over playing time - parents or kids. That's why the school hires them....to make coaching decisions. If parents want to coach, they can apply at the school board.

OK, you people need to re-read what I posted. You are right. If you
can't handle a few curse words...Well, then you can't handle being
coached at Paintsville...lol, especially back in my day. What I said
was, and I quote, "You know..it is one thing to get in a kids face to
motivate him. But it is another when you put him and his team mates down
in front of the whole team.".
You just don't belittle kids like that.

And YES all those kids I listed were starters, and I will quote again,
"We lost 5 starters, in some aspect!". Now I will list them for
you. Against Pburg these kids started in the following positions:
Reynolds - WR/LB, Special teams
Burchett - W/R, Special teams
Sublett - Special teams
Conley - DL
Spriggs - OL/DL (BUT HE RETURNED) So that is 5 starters that quit.
Jarrell - I know he wasn't eligible. So, Now if you would have read it
all you would have also noticed that I said, and I quote, "If you had
Reynolds, Conley, Sublett, Burchett and Jarrell, next season, we all
know what a difference that would make."

So please read and understand someone's post before you try and
critique it. Like I said. I am speaking nothing but the truth. And
sometimes it does hurt.
Wow lose the training pants and grow up. Some people in this program are starting to be real pre Madonna’s. There is never a season where there isn't people crying about something.
Okay...obviously you are stuck on this issue so let's just try to clarify it from another perspective. Belittling kids? Is that your "accusation"? When a coach confronts the whole team regarding their effort and attitude it is not considered singling out one player or part of the team...it is directed towards the entire team. Apparently you must have been the fly on the wall in the locker room to have seen something other than what the other players saw. All you are going off of is something you heard from someone who heard from someone. To take that and twist it to make it look like the coaching staff is belittling the kids is just wrong in my opinion. If you are over at the field you will notice the kids and the smiles on their faces b/c they are happy to be there and happy to have that "Tigers" across their chest. Unfortunately there were some players who felt like they belonged elsewhere and best of luck to them there. You can't sit back and say that by losing a few players that played that the team isn't going to be any good next year. What kind of statement is that? Talk about belittling kids...what kind of message are you sending to the other 30+ players that are out there working everyday to earn their spot on the team. In my opinion the entire team stepped up and picked up the pieces when the ones who quit decided to do so. For an adult to sit back and say that losing these kids means the program isn't going to be any good next year is just silly. What about the kids coming up next year? What about the current players who are filling those shoes? You need to quit dwelling on the what might have been and open your eyes to see the talent that is currently over there and the kids who are happy to be over there doing what they love to do, which is play football. I think it is sad on your part to make such statements toward a team that you obviously know so much about. Why don't you try driving by the field one evening and see all of the teams practicing....Varsity, 3/4th, 5/6th, and 7/8th grade. They aren't over there b/c they are being made to play. They are there b/c they want to be a part of a program that cares about their kids regardless of age. I for one am happy to see what is going on over at the field when I drive by and see the direction that the coach is taking this program. I think there is a very bright future ahead for the Tigers and look for them to get a good win against Allen Central on Friday night!
bigbluefever Wrote:Okay...obviously you are stuck on this issue so let's just try to clarify it from another perspective. Belittling kids? Is that your "accusation"? When a coach confronts the whole team regarding their effort and attitude it is not considered singling out one player or part of the team...it is directed towards the entire team. Apparently you must have been the fly on the wall in the locker room to have seen something other than what the other players saw. All you are going off of is something you heard from someone who heard from someone. To take that and twist it to make it look like the coaching staff is belittling the kids is just wrong in my opinion. If you are over at the field you will notice the kids and the smiles on their faces b/c they are happy to be there and happy to have that "Tigers" across their chest. Unfortunately there were some players who felt like they belonged elsewhere and best of luck to them there. You can't sit back and say that by losing a few players that played that the team isn't going to be any good next year. What kind of statement is that? Talk about belittling kids...what kind of message are you sending to the other 30+ players that are out there working everyday to earn their spot on the team. In my opinion the entire team stepped up and picked up the pieces when the ones who quit decided to do so. For an adult to sit back and say that losing these kids means the program isn't going to be any good next year is just silly. What about the kids coming up next year? What about the current players who are filling those shoes? You need to quit dwelling on the what might have been and open your eyes to see the talent that is currently over there and the kids who are happy to be over there doing what they love to do, which is play football. I think it is sad on your part to make such statements toward a team that you obviously know so much about. Why don't you try driving by the field one evening and see all of the teams practicing....Varsity, 3/4th, 5/6th, and 7/8th grade. They aren't over there b/c they are being made to play. They are there b/c they want to be a part of a program that cares about their kids regardless of age. I for one am happy to see what is going on over at the field when I drive by and see the direction that the coach is taking this program. I think there is a very bright future ahead for the Tigers and look for them to get a good win against Allen Central on Friday night!
Well put!!!! I give a thumbs up!!!!
Smile
bigbluefever Wrote:Okay...obviously you are stuck on this issue so let's just try to clarify it from another perspective. Belittling kids? Is that your "accusation"? When a coach confronts the whole team regarding their effort and attitude it is not considered singling out one player or part of the team...it is directed towards the entire team. Apparently you must have been the fly on the wall in the locker room to have seen something other than what the other players saw. All you are going off of is something you heard from someone who heard from someone. To take that and twist it to make it look like the coaching staff is belittling the kids is just wrong in my opinion. If you are over at the field you will notice the kids and the smiles on their faces b/c they are happy to be there and happy to have that "Tigers" across their chest. Unfortunately there were some players who felt like they belonged elsewhere and best of luck to them there. You can't sit back and say that by losing a few players that played that the team isn't going to be any good next year. What kind of statement is that? Talk about belittling kids...what kind of message are you sending to the other 30+ players that are out there working everyday to earn their spot on the team. In my opinion the entire team stepped up and picked up the pieces when the ones who quit decided to do so. For an adult to sit back and say that losing these kids means the program isn't going to be any good next year is just silly. What about the kids coming up next year? What about the current players who are filling those shoes? You need to quit dwelling on the what might have been and open your eyes to see the talent that is currently over there and the kids who are happy to be over there doing what they love to do, which is play football. I think it is sad on your part to make such statements toward a team that you obviously know so much about. Why don't you try driving by the field one evening and see all of the teams practicing....Varsity, 3/4th, 5/6th, and 7/8th grade. They aren't over there b/c they are being made to play. They are there b/c they want to be a part of a program that cares about their kids regardless of age. I for one am happy to see what is going on over at the field when I drive by and see the direction that the coach is taking this program. I think there is a very bright future ahead for the Tigers and look for them to get a good win against Allen Central on Friday night!

You know what? Whatever. I am here to support these boys no matter what. I just know that you have some unhappy seniors. Who said that it isn't fun any more. Smiles or not. A lot of kids just aren't as happy as you guys think. Especially the ones who have been in the system for more than ONE year. God Bless the Tigers! I just know that there aren't hearts in it as there has been in the past.
And I am NOT, putting the future Tigers down what so ever. I am just being honest about next season. So don't try and turn it. ALL of you know it is the truth as well as I do! Like I have said from the get go....Sometimes the truth just plain ole hurts. Call me what you want. At least I can sleep at night knowing that I was straight up honest and I'm not trying to sugar coat things just to make other people feel better.
Sorry if it hurts anyone or if you feel I am in the wrong. BUT, If you are a player reading this....you need to stay off this site....simple as that.
And if you are a coach reading this....well you need stay off here more than anyone. Lead your team the way you believe and live by it or die by it. **** happens....Live and learn!
close up_07 Wrote:I don't care what people or the "realville" has said
Whoa there junior, show me where I said anything in this thread.
close up_07 Wrote:I don't care what people or the "realville" has said...We lost 5
starters, in some aspect! NOT, 2 or 3! And they say they have so many
kids...how many ARE football players? I was there Friday night. The
ones they have to fill their spots, besides Green and S. Daniel...forget
it. And they know it.

What do we have in the backfield next year returning besides Nordin?
No-One! We are in trouble....and that is just pure honesty...not
putting any kid down and we ALL know it! As far as passing...if anyone
protects us 20 yards and in....we are done. Plain and simple.

So if you can't handle the truth...please don't respond...because I
will. NOT. putting any kid down. Just telling the truth. Something
that a few..."TherealVille" just don't won't to hear!
Why do you keep bringing me into this junior? All I have said is that the fans at the MC game acted very unclassy, and that is the truth, they did.
close up_07 Wrote:You know what? Whatever. I am here to support these boys no matter what. I just know that you have some unhappy seniors. Who said that it isn't fun any more. Smiles or not. A lot of kids just aren't as happy as you guys think. Especially the ones who have been in the system for more than ONE year. God Bless the Tigers! I just know that there aren't hearts in it as there has been in the past.
And I am NOT, putting the future Tigers down what so ever. I am just being honest about next season. So don't try and turn it. ALL of you know it is the truth as well as I do! Like I have said from the get go....Sometimes the truth just plain ole hurts. Call me what you want. At least I can sleep at night knowing that I was straight up honest and I'm not trying to sugar coat things just to make other people feel better.
Sorry if it hurts anyone or if you feel I am in the wrong. BUT, If you are a player reading this....you need to stay off this site....simple as that.
And if you are a coach reading this....well you need stay off here more than anyone. Lead your team the way you believe and live by it or die by it. **** happens....Live and learn!

Right now I could not care less about next season. However, since you think it is worthy of bringing up, of course Paintsville is going to have a hard time replacing Doderer and Brown next season. But my God what team would not have a hard time replacing two players like that? However Paintsville will return 4 of 5 linemen and everyone should know that is where the game is won or lost, not to mention a now freshman QB who has read the option very well and even surprised many with his throwing.

I have said it before and will say it one last time, Paintsville is a better TEAM since those players quit.

As far as Coach telling his middle school that they should tape over TIGERS on their jerseys, or whatever he may have said, I say good for him. From what I have heard this was after a game in which Paintsville was up big at the half and ended up losing due to a lack of effort in the second half. My God folks just stop and think about some of the things that Coach Adkins and Runyon have said to players in the past....I think their records speak for themselves, do they not? And I think Paintsville's middle school had an impressive win last night against Allen, so maybe, just maybe things are not so bad in Tigerland.

Anyways, I think Paintsville will win this game going away. Allen Central really needs to improve their non district schedule to prepare for Paintsville and Pikeville. Paintsville has already played two teams that would have a running clock against the Rebels, and Allen Central has played one team that knows where to line-up on every play.
TigerMom Wrote:And, as far as the ones who quit....Reynolds wouldn't have been able to finish the season anyway because of an injury; Jarrell isn't eligible this year so what makes you think he won't play next?; Sublett wasn't a starter as you suggest and seems to be happy playing soccer and doing quite well at it; and if Conley and Burchett think they'll be happier at JCHS (Conley already tried that once), then maybe they can have a great HS career there. Coaches can't coach if they have to worry about who's mad over playing time - parents or kids. That's why the school hires them....to make coaching decisions. If parents want to coach, they can apply at the school board.

If by Jarrell- you mean Seth. I saw him at AC's team cookout last night and he is attending AC again.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Right now I could not care less about next season. However, since you think it is worthy of bringing up, of course Paintsville is going to have a hard time replacing Doderer and Brown next season. But my God what team would not have a hard time replacing two players like that? However Paintsville will return 4 of 5 linemen and everyone should know that is where the game is won or lost, not to mention a now freshman QB who has read the option very well and even surprised many with his throwing.

I have said it before and will say it one last time, Paintsville is a better TEAM since those players quit.

As far as Coach telling his middle school that they should tape over TIGERS on their jerseys, or whatever he may have said, I say good for him. From what I have heard this was after a game in which Paintsville was up big at the half and ended up losing due to a lack of effort in the second half. My God folks just stop and think about some of the things that Coach Adkins and Runyon have said to players in the past....I think their records speak for themselves, do they not? And I think Paintsville's middle school had an impressive win last night against Allen, so maybe, just maybe things are not so bad in Tigerland.

Anyways, I think Paintsville will win this game going away. Allen Central really needs to improve their non district schedule to prepare for Paintsville and Pikeville. Paintsville has already played two teams that would have a running clock against the Rebels, and Allen Central has played one team that knows where to line-up on every play.

Linemen can't score touchdowns and they sure didn't help Doderer and Brown tonight. And you are right...we all have been surprised by his throwing. What 2-9 tonight? That's why every time a deep pass was needed tonight..it was given to Doderer and Brown.

And your last paragraph really shows how much you know! :please:
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Right now I could not care less about next season. However, since you think it is worthy of bringing up, of course Paintsville is going to have a hard time replacing Doderer and Brown next season. But my God what team would not have a hard time replacing two players like that? However Paintsville will return 4 of 5 linemen and everyone should know that is where the game is won or lost, not to mention a now freshman QB who has read the option very well and even surprised many with his throwing.

I guess that "cupcake schedule" you "tiger fans" have been referring to is right. Welcome to the world of Betty Crocker Paintsville.
Alright...This thread is done and way off it's subject.
Pages: 1 2