Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County's Dakotah Euton Receiving Offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scott County forward, Dokatah Euton has received offers from Eastern Kentucky, Oregon State, Nevada, Wofford, Coastal Carolina, UNC-Greensboro, High Point, Murray State, Akron, East Tennessee State and Morehead State.

Euton plans on visiting 5 schools between September & October, then making a decision in November.

Per LHL's Jerry Tipton.

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/08...-decision/
Congrats to Euton! Thanks for the info!
Grazt TO Euton
That is great for the young man and exactly the type of places I'd see him fitting very well into.
drizzy Wrote:That is great for the young man and exactly the type of places I'd see him fitting very well into.

I agree. Congrats to Dokatah.
Oregon St. would be a great place to go
Stardust Wrote:Oregon St. would be a great place to go

I agree, its far away from the in-state critics. :ChairHit:
Euton has really improved since last season. I had the opportunity to see him a few times with OBC (Ohio Basketball Club) and his all around game has gotten much better. Defensively, he held his own when his team went up against All Ohio- Red which featured 6'9 Jared Sullinger who is widely regarded as one of the best players in the country for 2010. Euton frustrated him big time and rebounded well with a front court that also included Adrien Payne and J.D Weatherspoon.

Euton would fit in nicely with all of the programs who have offered him and be able to make a contribution right away whether it be as a starter or off the bench.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Euton has really improved since last season. I had the opportunity to see him a few times with OBC (Ohio Basketball Club) and his all around game has gotten much better. Defensively, he held his own when his team went up against All Ohio- Red which featured 6'9 Jared Sullinger who is widely regarded as one of the best players in the country for 2010. Euton frustrated him big time and rebounded well with a front court that also included Adrien Payne and J.D Weatherspoon.

Euton would fit in nicely with all of the programs who have offered him and be able to make a contribution right away whether it be as a starter or off the bench.

You must have watched completely different games then the 10-15 games I saw him this summer then...
Good Luck Dakota!
nkysportsblog Wrote:You must have watched completely different games then the 10-15 games I saw him this summer then...

Must have...Euton looked much better the few times I saw him this summer compared to the game I saw him against Holmes when Pittman dominated him.
Never have been much on Euton's game, but I'm sure he is a great kid and seems to be really improving from what everyone is saying. I wish nothing but the best for Dakotah and am sure he will go to a fine school that suits him.
Euton leaving Ky scholarship gives him a chance to play in college, instead of bench
I wish him all the luck in the world. It is good for high school basketball in Kentucky whenever any of our kids do well.
The bottom line is this kid has offers from Div 1 schools and they are willing to pay for his education. The kid has enjoyed playing on the National AAU circuit since he was in the 5th grade and now can continue his career after HS.

We all would like to have had or have this opportunity.
qryche11 Wrote:The bottom line is this kid has offers from Div 1 schools and they are willing to pay for his education. The kid has enjoyed playing on the National AAU circuit since he was in the 5th grade and now can continue his career after HS.

We all would like to have had or have this opportunity.

Well said Q.

Also, for NKYSPORTSBLOG, apparently I wasn't the only one impressed with Euton's play and how much he's improved:

From Demling's blog:

1. Dakotah Euton, Scott County: For all the naysayers over the past two seasons, Euton (photo, right) had a really solid summer on the AAU circuit with the Ohio Basketball Club. It's going to all work out just fine for Euton, who had originally committed to the University of Kentucky. He has offers from Eastern Kentucky, Oregon State, Nevada, Wofford, Coastal Carolina, UNC Greensboro, High Point, Murray State, Akron, East Tennessee State and Morehead State. Expect him to make five visits and a decision in November.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
I wish Dakotah Euton the best and I am sure he will have a good college career somewhere, but I can't keep from thinking after seeing that list of colleges...wow, how far had Kentucky fallen and how far has Kentucky come in such a short period of time?
Its all about recruiting the style of players that can get you to the final four. In the past 10 yrs we have not seen the type of players being recruited that can get us there IMO.

Calipari is the guy, he is the salesguy who will roll up his sleeves and get the Athletic dunkers who can get to the rim and score. The Luke Orbzutz and Saul Smiths days are over.
I've been told Costal Carolina with his family in tow
Akron is very high on him so don't be suprised if they make a strong push for his services. He fits the mode of the power fowards that they love to recruit perfectly. They like the wide bodied undersized post players who love mix it up and bang inside. Basically the blue collar type workhorse.
Congrats to Euton.
I'm not trying to bash the kid at all because I have never seen him play, but look at that list of schools that are after him. What in the **** was Billy Gillispie thinking when he signed Dakota? None of those teams are even close to the level of UK.
I wish all the luck in the world to him. Hard working young man from a very good family.
The one thing that stuck out this AAU season was how he played defense. Dakotah played against the top players in the nation this summer and slow or shut them down on defense by blocking out and taking charges. He rebounded very well also with a avg. of 10 plus a game. We all know he can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court. Basketball is Basketball he uses his mind on the court to out smart the other players. Plus he is alot more nasty and just right mean on the court. I like the New Dakotah Euton better, so watch out this season. He is coming to get this name back as one of the top players in the State of Kentucky.TongueirateSho
goldenrule19 Wrote:The one thing that stuck out this AAU season was how he played defense. Dakotah played against the top players in the nation this summer and slow or shut them down on defense by blocking out and taking charges. He rebounded very well also with a avg. of 10 plus a game. We all know he can shoot lights out from anywhere on the court. Basketball is Basketball he uses his mind on the court to out smart the other players. Plus he is alot more nasty and just right mean on the court. I like the New Dakotah Euton better, so watch out this season. He is coming to get this name back as one of the top players in the State of Kentucky.TongueirateSho

Sounds like he has taken all the negative criticism and made up his mind he wasn't going out like that. The kid can play and if he has stepped up his defense and tenacity then look out for the Cards this year. I think they probably have the best lineup in the state with Euton, Manning,Jackson,Guyn and Flannery. All of these kids could play D1 somewhere.
qryche11 Wrote:Sounds like he has taken all the negative criticism and made up his mind he wasn't going out like that. The kid can play and if he has stepped up his defense and tenacity then look out for the Cards this year. I think they probably have the best lineup in the state with Euton, Manning,Jackson,Guyn and Flannery. All of these kids could play D1 somewhere.

I agree Scott Co is loaded, but as far as best lineup in the state goes, I think both Eastern and Holmes would have something to say about that as well:

Holmes:
6'3 Avery, 6'5 R. Johnson, 6'5 J. Johnson, 6'6 Rice, 6'8 Pittman

Eastern:
6'0 Thomas, 6'3 Abell, 6'4 Gaines, 6'5 Marks, 6'6 Woods
Holmes and Eastern are both going to be terrors to match up with. Scott will be tough too. Another great year to watch Kentucky high school basketball.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree Scott Co is loaded, but as far as best lineup in the state goes, I think both Eastern and Holmes would have something to say about that as well:

Holmes:

Eastern:

Scott Co. Beat Louisville Eastern like a drum this summer twice so maybe we have the 2th Best lineup in the State. But please do not think Scott County player just hang out in the summer. All of the kids have personal trainer in the off season and shooting coaches. Scott Co. never stops getting better! Take this to the bank because this hype check you can cash anytime this season. We only lost one player from last year top 8 players. So scott county is 7 deep with a top freshman class.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree Scott Co is loaded, but as far as best lineup in the state goes, I think both Eastern and Holmes would have something to say about that as well:

Holmes:

Eastern:

I agree Holmes with the addition of Avery will also bring 5 to the floor with possible Div 1 potential. I hope the Dogs and Cards clash this season.
Holmes will be a force, as will Scott Co. For some reason I like Scott Co' better though. I think they will pull out a win if these two go head to head.
Pages: 1 2