Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott County's Dakotah Euton Receiving Offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
drizzy Wrote:Holmes will be a force, as will Scott Co. For some reason I like Scott Co' better though. I think they will pull out a win if these two go head to head.

I think Scott Co. has to show me that they can play as a team and not play to see who is the best player. I think it is clear that last year they had problems. No leadership on the floor! Great players that really play selfish all year long. I am not putting blame on anyone but they need to play together and share the ball. They will be trying Manning at the point to see if that help with that problem. With Ge'lawn and Chad helping with bring the ball up when teams pressure full court. If the Five top Sr. put their personal goal aside they are going to be hard to bet. Homles and Scott co are the clear 1 and 2 in the State by far with Eastern and Selby Valley 3 and 4 in the State. But Dakatah Euton is the key to Scott Co winning the State. He has to play better defense, like he did this summer. He has to be nasty and hard nose every time out. You will see a new lineup at Scott Co. this year to start the season. 6'5 So. Manning at 1, 6'3 So. Ivey at the 2, 6'3 Sr. Guyn at the 3, 6'5 Sr. Jackson at the 4, and 6'8 Sr. Euton at the 5. 6'2 Sr. Flannery will be the 6th man coming off the bench. Along with 6'6 Sr. Shoe coming off the bench. the 11th Region will not be EZ this year. So Scott Co. will be well tested all year long.
Homles right now is the better team. But Scott County is not far off.:igiveup:
goldenrule19 Wrote:I think Scott Co. has to show me that they can play as a team and not play to see who is the best player. I think it is clear that last year they had problems. No leadership on the floor! Great players that really play selfish all year long. I am not putting blame on anyone but they need to play together and share the ball. They will be trying Manning at the point to see if that help with that problem. With Ge'lawn and Chad helping with bring the ball up when teams pressure full court. If the Five top Sr. put their personal goal aside they are going to be hard to bet. Homles and Scott co are the clear 1 and 2 in the State by far with Eastern and Selby Valley 3 and 4 in the State. But Dakatah Euton is the key to Scott Co winning the State. He has to play better defense, like he did this summer. He has to be nasty and hard nose every time out. You will see a new lineup at Scott Co. this year to start the season. 6'5 So. Manning at 1, 6'3 So. Ivey at the 2, 6'3 Sr. Guyn at the 3, 6'5 Sr. Jackson at the 4, and 6'8 Sr. Euton at the 5. 6'2 Sr. Flannery will be the 6th man coming off the bench. Along with 6'6 Sr. Shoe coming off the bench. the 11th Region will not be EZ this year. So Scott Co. will be well tested all year long.

Austin Flannery will be battling for the starting spot and be a impact this season he has had a great AAU season this spring and summer. I can not count him out at all. He has been working hard than anyone in the gym this off season.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...nnery.html
Let me clear something up, I too feel at this point, and from what I saw of holmes and Scott co. last year, that Holmes is the best team talent-wise. But for some reason I think this years Scott Co. team has as much overall talent, and will bind together as a team and pose real problems for Holmes.
goldenrule19 Wrote:I think Scott Co. has to show me that they can play as a team and not play to see who is the best player. I think it is clear that last year they had problems. No leadership on the floor! Great players that really play selfish all year long. I am not putting blame on anyone but they need to play together and share the ball. They will be trying Manning at the point to see if that help with that problem. With Ge'lawn and Chad helping with bring the ball up when teams pressure full court. If the Five top Sr. put their personal goal aside they are going to be hard to bet. Homles and Scott co are the clear 1 and 2 in the State by far with Eastern and Selby Valley 3 and 4 in the State. But Dakatah Euton is the key to Scott Co winning the State. He has to play better defense, like he did this summer. He has to be nasty and hard nose every time out. You will see a new lineup at Scott Co. this year to start the season. 6'5 So. Manning at 1, 6'3 So. Ivey at the 2, 6'3 Sr. Guyn at the 3, 6'5 Sr. Jackson at the 4, and 6'8 Sr. Euton at the 5. 6'2 Sr. Flannery will be the 6th man coming off the bench. Along with 6'6 Sr. Shoe coming off the bench. the 11th Region will not be EZ this year. So Scott Co. will be well tested all year long.

I agree 100%. SC's biggest downfall last year was lack of team chemistry. They played like a bunch of individuals rather than as a team and that hurt them in the long run because when their best player, Phares, went down with an injury, each player was trying to do too much rather than working together.

As far as their starting lineup goes, from talking to Tamron several weeks ago, he is more in the 6'4 range than 6'5. Also, Jackson is closer to 6'4 than 6'5 as well. Their starting lineup will likely look something like this:

6'4 Manning, 6'1 Ivey/6'2 Flannery, 6'3 Guyn, 6'4 Jackson, 6'8 Euton.

I think Jackson playing the 4 at 6'4 is really going to hurt SC. They will pretty much be playing a 4 guard lineup at all times. When they go up against a team like Holmes who goes 6'5, 6'6, 6'8 in the front court, I could see that causing some match up problems
drizzy Wrote:Let me clear something up, I too feel at this point, and from what I saw of holmes and Scott co. last year, that Holmes is the best team talent-wise. But for some reason I think this years Scott Co. team has as much overall talent, and will bind together as a team and pose real problems for Holmes.

Holmes will be much tougher to match up with this year than they were last year:

Last year's lineup:

6'0 Riley
6'2 D. Johnson
6'4 J. Johnson
6'4 R. Johnson
6'7 Pittman

This year's lineup:

6'3 Avery
6'5 J. Johnson
6'5 R. Johnson
6'6 Rice
6'8 Pittman

JJ, Rico, Kevon, and Eli have all gotten bigger since last season.
^ Did Avery play over the summer?

I disagree. I think Scott County had a fantastic season last year. I thought they played as a team very well. Scott County's only problems were (1) their best player going down with injury during the regional semifinals and (2) a phantom foul call at the end of the regional finals.
I just seen this on Scott Co. http://highmajorscoop.com/. IMO the loss of Phares wil be big. Phares was the best big man in the state last year and he was also the team leader. Replacing a 6'8 PF [all-state big man], with a 6'4 [true PG] will be tough. Chad Jackson is going to have to play big for them to get out of the 11th. SC, Holmes, and Eastern should all be in the top 100 nationally.
rojas Wrote:I disagree. I think Scott County had a fantastic season last year. I thought they played as a team very well. Scott County's only problems were (1) their best player going down with injury during the regional semifinals and (2) a phantom foul call at the end of the regional finals.

I agree Phares is what hurt SC in the region. Losing the team leader a game before the championship game, was a blow SC did not recover from. But you cant take away from Lex. Cath.'s win with that phantom call stuff. Lex. Cath. made the plays down the strecth to win the game. Give credit where it's do. LC was the better team once Phares went down.
Stardust Wrote:^ Did Avery play over the summer?

Yea. Avery played over the summer with the KY Players...which should make the transition from Conner to Holmes very easy, since he has played the past few summers with JJ, Ricardo, and Eli.
good luck wherever he goes!!
I wish Euton nothing but the best.
Pages: 1 2