Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill Co. vs. Wolfe Co. 5/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
thoughts?

Estill should win this one easy
Estill, but not easy
Wolfe's best pitcher is not 100% healthy
Estill Co. easy. Wouldn't be surprised if it only goes 5 innings.
Of the first round games, this one is the only lopsided one on paper. I'll take Estill in 5 innings.
This is the 3rd game of the 14th Region Tournament. Estill Co. comes in at 19-7 (56th District Champions) and Wolfe Co. comes in at 13-8 (55th District Runner-Up). The two did not meet in the regular season. On paper, Estill is a huge favorite, but remember Wolfe Co. in basketball season. They weren't expected to make it to the semi-finals of the region then either.
Strikeout King Wrote:Wolfe's best pitcher is not 100% healthy

Yes, I heard today that Creech, Who pulled a hip flexer muscle against Jackson City in the first round of the District, will not be able to pitch in this game. He is also their best all around player by far, so I would say that this will be a blow out. Also, I heard that Wolfe has not even practiced since Thursday and did not even go to the Regional meeting on Friday. I sure feel bad for those kids up there because their coaches are obviously a joke. It is a shame that those kids have to be put in this kind of a situation. What are they paying those coaches for anyway.
PCBaseball Wrote:Yes, I heard today that Creech, Who pulled a hip flexer muscle against Jackson City in the first round of the District, will not be able to pitch in this game. He is also their best all around player by far, so I would say that this will be a blow out. Also, I heard that Wolfe has not even practiced since Thursday and did not even go to the Regional meeting on Friday. I sure feel bad for those kids up there because their coaches are obviously a joke. It is a shame that those kids have to be put in this kind of a situation. What are they paying those coaches for anyway.

idk but if i was the AD of Wolfe Co. High i would be gettin after the coaches hard and heavy

who knows they might not even show up. The Engineers owe the Wolves payback for sending our Basketball team home, this will be our payback!!!

I say between 3-5 innings
Strikeout King Wrote:idk but if i was the AD of Wolfe Co. High i would be gettin after the coaches hard and heavy

who knows they might not even show up. The Engineers owe the Wolves payback for sending our Basketball team home, this will be our payback!!!

I say between 3-5 innings

You will definitely get your pay back. The Creech kid is only an 8th grader and finished the season with a .610 batting avg. and had around 30 RBI's. I hope for his sake that his parents move him to another school. No doubt, the entire coaching staff should be fired on the spot and I wouln't blame the players if they boycotted the tournament because those coaches didn't have practice for three days or even bother to attend the drawing. I believe if that happened here at Powell or there at Estill that they would be fired A.S.A.P. don't you. I hope Estill does not try to embarass those kids because it is surely not their fault and I don't think Coach Wood will. He is a real class act and a great coach
Creech sounds like a heck of a ball player. i would like to see him in a Engineer uniform. idk if coach wood knows that the kid cant go or not and we dont have school tomarrow so i cant let him know. you all have some pretty good coaches over there at Powell Co. you all have some good players too.

PCBaseball Wrote:You will definitely get your pay back. The Creech kid is only an 8th grader and finished the season with a .610 batting avg. and had around 30 RBI's. I hope for his sake that his parents move him to another school. No doubt, the entire coaching staff should be fired on the spot and I wouln't blame the players if they boycotted the tournament because those coaches didn't have practice for three days or even bother to attend the drawing. I believe if that happened here at Powell or there at Estill that they would be fired A.S.A.P. don't you. I hope Estill does not try to embarass those kids because it is surely not their fault and I don't think Coach Wood will. He is a real class act and a great coach
Strikeout King Wrote:Creech sounds like a heck of a ball player. i would like to see him in a Engineer uniform. idk if coach wood knows that the kid cant go or not and we dont have school tomarrow so i cant let him know. you all have some pretty good coaches over there at Powell Co. you all have some good players too.

I've seen him. He's one of the top 3 players in the region right now and I think every coach in the region wants him next year. We would love to have him here at Powell for sure.
how did he get injured anyway?
Strikeout King Wrote:how did he get injured anyway?

From what I heard, he did it throwing a pitch against Jackson City. I think he will play but he's not going to pitch because where he would have to lift that leg and then stride towards the plate he could risk tearing something in there.
i wouldnt play him at all. wouldnt that end his career if he gets hurt worse?
Strikeout King Wrote:i wouldnt play him at all. wouldnt that end his career if he gets hurt worse?

I agrre with you it just isn't worth the risk. Don't mess with a young kid's future. I heard he tried to play against Breathitt and just couldn't turn on a pitch when he hit. I would definitely sit him. I understand that trying to pitch or hit is very painful when you have a pulled hip flexer muscle.
theres no way i would play him not even for an inning. rest him get him healthy and ready to go for next season
Strikeout King Wrote:theres no way i would play him not even for an inning. rest him get him healthy and ready to go for next season

I agree. If Coach Wood knew this he could throw a J.V. pitcher in this game and save his full arsenal of pitching for the next 2 rounds and you guys could be sitting in the cat bird's seat for another Regional title. We will probably get past the first round, but I am a realist, and I don't think we can go any further than that because we are just too young this year, but if we can't win it all, I sure hope you guys can. I always root for the 56th to go no matter who represents us.
PCBaseball Wrote:I agree. If Coach Wood knew this he could throw a J.V. pitcher in this game and save his full arsenal of pitching for the next 2 rounds and you guys could be sitting in the cat bird's seat for another Regional title. We will probably get past the first round, but I am a realist, and I don't think we can go any further than that because we are just too young this year, but if we can't win it all, I sure hope you guys can. I always root for the 56th to go no matter who represents us.

you can better believe he'll throw clowers & Freeman in round 2 and Freeman again in finals. i do root for any team in the 56th if the Engineers arent in it.
Strikeout King Wrote:you can better believe he'll throw clowers & Freeman in round 2 and Freeman again in finals. i do root for any team in the 56th if the Engineers arent in it.

That's the way it should be. Good luck to you guys in the tournament.
PCBaseball Wrote:That's the way it should be. Good luck to you guys in the tournament.

same 2 you all too and i will be rooting for you all
I dont understand why they played Creech the whole game against Breathitt in the district championship if he was injured. Especially, at catcher if he has a torn hip flexor.
From what I understand it is not torn it is pulled but I agree with you.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:I dont understand why they played Creech the whole game against Breathitt in the district championship if he was injured. Especially, at catcher if he has a torn hip flexor.

bc there coaches dont have any sense.
Strikeout King Wrote:bc there coaches dont have any sense.

Lol. That is the only answer I've heard from everybody I talk to.
lickbranchlegend Wrote:Lol. That is the only answer I've heard from everybody I talk to.

there coaches need to be fired!!!! and creech needs to transfer to another school
They are so stupid that they didn't go to the regional drawing on Friday and I heard they have not practiced since last Thursday and the sun is shinnig here in stanton now, but I will bet the ranch that Wolfe will not practice this evening. The Superintendant, board members, Principal, Atheletic Director, and these coaches are sure ripping those kids off up there and I can't believe the parents are allowing these things to go on.
I heard a rumor that if the same coaches were back next year then Creech probably wouldn't be. Just a rumor so dont take it for fact.
PCBaseball Wrote:They are so stupid that they didn't go to the regional drawing on Friday and I heard they have not practiced since last Thursday and the sun is shinnig here in stanton now, but I will bet the ranch that Wolfe will not practice this evening. The Superintendant, board members, Principal, Atheletic Director, and these coaches are sure ripping those kids off up there and I can't believe the parents are allowing these things to go on.

agreed! they need to be fired and creech needs to transfer to another school. its sun shinning over here too. if i was Al Holland i would go ahead and have the both games this evening and have the others tomarrow!
lickbranchlegend Wrote:I heard a rumor that if the same coaches were back next year then Creech probably wouldn't be. Just a rumor so dont take it for fact.

Well, his dad is a great baseball man, so I woul say that Creech will be leaving if they keep these guys as coaches. Any other kid that really wants to play baseball should leave as well. The khsaa should allow any kid in a situation like these kids are in to transfer and be eligible immediately.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Well, his dad is a great baseball man, so I woul say that Creech will be leaving if they keep these guys as coaches. Any other kid that really wants to play baseball should leave as well. The khsaa should allow any kid in a situation like these kids are in to transfer and be eligible immediately.

Yes, his dad is a great baseball man and can really teach the game and I agree with you that any kids up there that want to transfer because of the incompetance and lack of effort put in by the coaches should be ruled eligible immediately and maybe this would get the attention of all the people in positions of leadership in that school system up there that this kind of incompetance is not fair to kids and will not be tolerated. After all, these kids only get four years to play and they deserve the best that can be given to them.
Pages: 1 2 3