Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As of now. What are your thoughts on UK's Upcoming season?
We will have one heck of a team next year if the chips fall in the right way and get get either the Henry brothers or John Wall.
Rebuilding year..but we will make the tourney!
IMO we are going to be the team to beat, we will be in the final four!
We will have to see who else that we get, then Ill make my prediction on how far we will go.
If we can get Wall, we will make a deep tourney run!
next year we will be a factor.
Wow, we have people who really think we have INSTANTLY become a contender. New Coach, new style, new players, now we are FINAL 4???? Got to love our faithful..............
Wow!!!!! There are some heavy predictions so far. Making the tourney next season might be a good place to start.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, we have people who really think we have INSTANTLY become a contender. New Coach, new style, new players, now we are FINAL 4???? Got to love our faithful..............

Hey DUST, why so negative, CHUM???
Stardust is a Cincy fan anyway. He isnt one of the faithful lol I do agree with him that people are taking this alittle far. It could take half the season to get used to the style and to get the wrinkles out.
It is def. going to be a rebuilding season and it will take some time for the players to adjust to the new system but i can see them making the tourney easy this year.
Final Four! I hope so!
Buddy told me in Vegas UK and UNC are 14-1 odds to win.
Kentucky wins 20-25 games, I don't know what their schedule is before conference season, but they probably enter SEC play 10-2 or 11-1. No more losses to Big South teams.

What happens during conference season, who knows. The SEC isn't much better than Conference USA these days.

All I do know is that it will be a joy to follow the Kentucky fans when November rolls around. lol
allseasonfan Wrote:Hey DUST, why so negative, CHUM???

CHUM????
If we can land Wall, I think we can look to go somewhere around 25-10 or somewhere like that..I think 10-2 heading into conference play as well, and a 10-6 conf. record..I think a sweet 16 is a possibility, but only if we can land Wall..we HAVE to have a point guard..
Stardust Wrote:Wow, we have people who really think we have INSTANTLY become a contender. New Coach, new style, new players, now we are FINAL 4???? Got to love our faithful..............

:thumpsup:
I don't see this being a final 4 team yet, but I don't know why people are saying its going to be a rebuilding year either.
Assuming Meeks and PP return, with the addition of Cousins, Pilgrim, and Orton, were going to have maybe the best set of bigs in the nation.
Imo Jon Hood is going to suprise alot of people.
PG is def a major quetion mark, but Liggins may end of being a stud in Cals system, or we may get Wall.
IF we get Wall and Henry...watch out! Def top 5 team. But as of now, we don't.
With or without them, UK should win around 25 games, and easily win the weak SEC.

What we went through last year we are just excited. You can dream and hope can ya. Smile
Im gonna say around 25 wins, and make it to the sweet 16.
i have a question? if high schools we're on some kind of break could UK have a open gym of some sort and some of our prospects come and practice with the rest of the team?
sherman14 Wrote:As of now. What are your thoughts on UK's Upcoming season?

they should be able to make a deep run in the tourney next year
**** straight
Stardust Wrote:CHUM????

Oh I forgot to ask. Will you be my friend?
C.Clair Wrote:Stardust is a Cincy fan anyway. He isnt one of the faithful lol I do agree with him that people are taking this alittle far. It could take half the season to get used to the style and to get the wrinkles out.

This makes so much sense, knowing how SD posts about UK here. I say him and FBall are closet UofL fans.
TheRealVille Wrote:This makes so much sense, knowing how SD posts about UK here. I say him and FBall are closet UofL fans.

no, I think you just hurt his feelings. shame on you!! :dontthink lol

but i also would have to agee with SD, final 4 is a big step but I'll say sweet 16
NYY10 Wrote:no, I think you just hurt his feelings. shame on you!! :dontthink lol

but i also would have to agee with SD, final 4 is a big step but I'll say sweet 16

No, I don't think they will be final 4 material either, but I hope they take the SEC and run deep in the tourney. I would venture elite 8 if some pieces come together.
UK will have SEC next year. And have decent run in tourney. Hey you never know maybe a final four. Even though I doubt it.
TheRealVille Wrote:This makes so much sense, knowing how SD posts about UK here. I say him and FBall are closet UofL fans.

I have always been a UK fan. Just can't stand the way that some UK fans act and the unreal expectations some carry.
Go Big Blue!!!!
Pages: 1 2