Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Channing Fugate Jersey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know why Channing Fugates' jersey is different from the rest of his Breathitt County teammates?
I seem to recall in an earlier thread that it was stated that it was due to the size of the jersey that was associated with his chosen number. The game jersey was to small.
Midee1 Wrote:I seem to recall in an earlier thread that it was stated that it was due to the size of the jersey that was associated with his chosen number. The game jersey was to small.

Got it
Has he always wore it or just this year? I thought it was to keep people from being able to grab it, although after seeing him play I don't think you could tackle him by his jersey but I kind of feel like it kept people from being able to grab and hold onto to him. Just sort of looks like a practice jersey, I think the whole corbin team wears something similar. It would make sense that a jersey would be too little he's a pretty big kid.
Patriot Wrote:Has he always wore it or just this year? I thought it was to keep people from being able to grab it, although after seeing him play I don't think you could tackle him by his jersey but I kind of feel like it kept people from being able to grab and hold onto to him. Just sort of looks like a practice jersey, I think the whole corbin team wears something similar. It would make sense that a jersey would be too little he's a pretty big kid.

I always thought this as well.
Patriot Wrote:Has he always wore it or just this year? I thought it was to keep people from being able to grab it, although after seeing him play I don't think you could tackle him by his jersey but I kind of feel like it kept people from being able to grab and hold onto to him. Just sort of looks like a practice jersey, I think the whole corbin team wears something similar. It would make sense that a jersey would be too little he's a pretty big kid.

Channing wore his practice jersey this year because he gained so much size going from his sophmore to junior year, that it was the only thing that would fit him.
One of Breathitts coaches said something about alergies or asthma or something like that.
How would ashama effect a jersey? I think the other one was to small.
The other one was to small period. Nothing to do with ashama!
C.Clair Wrote:The other one was to small period. Nothing to do with ashama!

So basically he has #28 in mind, but the actual game jersey is too small. Why don't they purchase a new one in a larger size?
DoubleDubya Wrote:So basically he has #28 in mind, but the actual game jersey is too small. Why don't they purchase a new one in a larger size?

The Pratice Jersey had lots more holes in it and lets body heat get away quicker,and less sweating,and once they found out the game jersey was causing him to sweat more he went to wearing Pratice one and just decided to keep wearing it instead of getting a new Game Jersey,If you will remember he only played 1/2 game against two teams early in season,1/2 against Johnson Central we lost and 1/2 game against P'burg and we lost it also,and Dr also though he has some kind lung problem but he didnt after being checked out !!!

Go Bobcats!!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:The Pratice Jersey had lots more holes in it and lets body heat get away quicker,and less sweating,and once they found out the game jersey was causing him to sweat more he went to wearing Pratice one and just decided to keep wearing it instead of getting a new Game Jersey,If you will remember he only played 1/2 game against two teams early in season,1/2 against Johnson Central we lost and 1/2 game against P'burg and we lost it also,and Dr also though he has some kind lung problem but he didnt after being checked out !!!

Go Bobcats!!!

That's a good idea.
Csportsman11 Wrote:The Pratice Jersey had lots more holes in it and lets body heat get away quicker,and less sweating,and once they found out the game jersey was causing him to sweat more he went to wearing Pratice one and just decided to keep wearing it instead of getting a new Game Jersey,If you will remember he only played 1/2 game against two teams early in season,1/2 against Johnson Central we lost and 1/2 game against P'burg and we lost it also,and Dr also though he has some kind lung problem but he didnt after being checked out !!!

Go Bobcats!!!

That makes sense. I knew there was something wrong with him because he's a freaky athlete, but it seems he is catching his breath after every play.
I'm confused, was the jersey too small or did it help him stay cool?

I never noticed that before I thought he was just winded because he was running so much. I'm sure his parents and coaches are taking care of him, but I would be sure to check everything out to make sure he's totally healthy.
Patriot Wrote:I'm confused, was the jersey too small or did it help him stay cool?

I never noticed that before I thought he was just winded because he was running so much. I'm sure his parents and coaches are taking care of him, but I would be sure to check everything out to make sure he's totally healthy.

I think, Both. Not sure though.
It's not like a different jersey would help any team tackle Channing any better..the kid is just a beast
king360 Wrote:It's not like a different jersey would help any team tackle Channing any better..the kid is just a beast

I just think every member of a team should dress the same, however, when a medical issue such as this comes up it's completely understandable.
I agree, nothing could make it easier to tackle him! But my first thought and another poster mentioned that we thought it was to give him some sort of advantage. Just good to know the reason a lot of people have wondered about it.

Go Bobcats!!!

Makes a lot of sense. But, I also heard that the jersey was just to small.
Simply put the game jersey was to small. He bulked up from 195 to 225 in one year and the jersey dont fit anymore. nothing to do with breathing he jus to **** big. And yes a new uniform is being ordered for Channing.
I heard it was some kind of freaky nucular radiation accident. He drank some plutonium cause he was thirsty, thinking it was lemon lime gatorade. Now everytime he puts on an original game jersey and starts to sweat alot, he shrinks back to his normal size of 5' 5" & 140 Lbs. Wait, there's more. If he gets less than 65 carries a game, He starts shaking uncontrolably and sprouts wings and flies to Chile where he works part-time as a stir-fry cook.
Glad to hear that the young doesn't have a serious medical condition! I guess he just looked winded because he is a workhorse.
With the carries that Channing gets in a game, its easy to get winded. The fact of the matter is that the jersey that he had was to small. Nothing to do with a medical condition at all. The kid gained almost 30 pounds between his sophmore and junior season.
C.Clair Wrote:With the carries that Channing gets in a game, its easy to get winded. The fact of the matter is that the jersey that he had was to small. Nothing to do with a medical condition at all. The kid gained almost 30 pounds between his sophmore and junior season.

I'm sure Csportsman11 knows more than any of you jokers on here so if he says anything about any Bobcats it's true.Take that to the bank because I know who he is and if he says it then it is true.
blitz43 Wrote:I heard it was some kind of freaky nucular radiation accident. He drank some plutonium cause he was thirsty, thinking it was lemon lime gatorade. Now everytime he puts on an original game jersey and starts to sweat alot, he shrinks back to his normal size of 5' 5" & 140 Lbs. Wait, there's more. If he gets less than 65 carries a game, He starts shaking uncontrolably and sprouts wings and flies to Chile where he works part-time as a stir-fry cook.

He won't get 65 carries on you guys because he will be on the bench early.LOL.
blitz43 Wrote:I heard it was some kind of freaky nucular radiation accident. He drank some plutonium cause he was thirsty, thinking it was lemon lime gatorade. Now everytime he puts on an original game jersey and starts to sweat alot, he shrinks back to his normal size of 5' 5" & 140 Lbs. Wait, there's more. If he gets less than 65 carries a game, He starts shaking uncontrolably and sprouts wings and flies to Chile where he works part-time as a stir-fry cook.

:Clap: Best answer yet! You know the kid is gonna have a good season when folks are discussing his game jersey. Best of Luck to Mr. Fugate!
these threads are just getting rediculous. he wore it because his realone was to small and he couldnt breath in it.
Im surprised most kids these days would have cried a river about having to wear a practice jersey in a game.
bhs all the way Wrote:these threads are just getting rediculous. he wore it because his realone was to small and he couldnt breath in it.

There's nothing ridiculous about it, the original intent was to understand the reasoning behind it. It wouldn't look right if each member of a team wore their favorite color jersey, it kind of defeats the purpose of team unity, don't you think. However, many of the Bobcat faithful have given us the reasons behind it, therefore its a non issue.
Spring time nothing really going on, It's just good to have something/anything to talk about!!!!
Pages: 1 2