Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Channing Fugate Jersey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Brad Allen (former Bobcat and now East Ridge Head Coach) and Casey Allen (Brad's lil bro who played with Channing a couple years ago) told me when we were at the Breathitt/Belfry game that Channing had to wear the practice jersey because his asthma was so bad that he couldn't have that kinda pressure on his chest around his lungs. They said he don't even tighten his shoulder pad straps like you should, that's why they bounce around when he runs.
Redneck Wrote:Brad Allen (former Bobcat and now East Ridge Head Coach) and Casey Allen (Brad's lil bro who played with Channing a couple years ago) told me when we were at the Breathitt/Belfry game that Channing had to wear the practice jersey because his asthma was so bad that he couldn't have that kinda pressure on his chest around his lungs. They said he don't even tighten his shoulder pad straps like you should, that's why they bounce around when he runs.
Hate to hear the condition effects him this bad, but I'm glad at the same time the kid can overcome it to be one of the best players in the state.:Thumbs:
I don't know where any of this condition stuff started, but I will end it by saying that he has been checked out and has no condition. Asthma was not the reason, the jersey was to small and during the hot weather, the other jersey felt better to him, so he wore it it. He was doing good and decided not to switch when it got cold. I don't think they would loosen the shoulder straps to risk a shoulder injury. Who is making this stuff up?
King Leonidas Wrote:I don't know where any of this condition stuff started, but I will end it by saying that he has been checked out and has no condition. Asthma was not the reason, the jersey was to small and during the hot weather, the other jersey felt better to him, so he wore it it. He was doing good and decided not to switch when it got cold. I don't think they would loosen the shoulder straps to risk a shoulder injury. Who is making this stuff up?

Thats what Im saying. Its crazy how some people say this and others say that. The fact of the matter is that the jersey was to small. Stop beating a dead horse.
Frankly, I am just surprised there is a 2 page thread about a kid having a different jersey than the rest of his team.
Amen EKU. It ridiculas.
Yes it is stupid. OKAY the jersey is to small i go to school with channing and talk to channing almost every day he has no health problems he is just to big for the jersey he had simply put close this thread its a waste.
King Leonidas Wrote:I don't know where any of this condition stuff started, but I will end it by saying that he has been checked out and has no condition. Asthma was not the reason, the jersey was to small and during the hot weather, the other jersey felt better to him, so he wore it it. He was doing good and decided not to switch when it got cold. I don't think they would loosen the shoulder straps to risk a shoulder injury. Who is making this stuff up?
no he hasnt been checked out their was nothing to check on. he didnt wear it because it was hot or cold it was jus to small no other reason no weather or health. But everyone sleep well tonight and rest assured that they ordered a new one.
Anyone have any pics?
Patriot Wrote:I agree, nothing could make it easier to tackle him! But my first thought and another poster mentioned that we thought it was to give him some sort of advantage. Just good to know the reason a lot of people have wondered about it.

If you think about it though with the tight jersey the rest of the team wears it would be harder to tackle him. With the loose practice jersey it is easier to grab a hold of. But that still rarely slows him down.
Well I think if a kid can rush for over 3000+ yards, and lead their team to the state championship, then he can wear what he wants.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Well I think if a kid can rush for over 3000+ yards, and lead their team to the state championship, then he can wear what he wants.

Amen!:notworthy
jersey doesn't matter. it is whats inside that counts
OUT OF BOUNDS Wrote:jersey doesn't matter. it is whats inside that counts
And on the inside is nothing more than a beast that will dominate 3A football next year.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:And on the inside is nothing more than a beast that will dominate 3A football next year.

That's exactly right!
Pages: 1 2