Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #18 Lsu-73 Uk-70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
C.Clair Wrote:This is a sad day for UK fans. Its been 20 years since LSU beat us on our home floor. I cant beleive this, I am in a state of shock right now. I am okay with Meeks shooting the last shot for us. But I do think we could have gotten him a better look at the basket. I hope that the lineup that we had during the second becomes our starting 5. I think this is one of the very few times thatwe didnt come out in the second half with our starters on the floor. Looks like we are gonna have to win the SEC tourney to get into the big dance. Not that its impossible but its a stretch.

Don't be shocked, There has been a lot of first here lately at Rupp and with UK.
LSU hit some wild shots too. The Spencer runner that hit the side of the rim and fell in. UK is not very good overall. Stevenson needs to quit letting guys manhandle him out of rebounding position.
Statmaster Wrote:LSU hit some wild shots too. The Spencer runner that hit the side of the rim and fell in. UK is not very good overall. Stevenson needs to quit letting guys manhandle him out of rebounding position.

I've been saying that for four years :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:I made a comment on another thread about the reffing. I have to say, IMO, the refs were far more favorable to the Cats. There were defintely a few calls that Meeks did not get, but Patterson and Stevenson absolutely hammered anyone that came into the paint and got nothing called against them. Overall, there were not many calls, which is a pure indication that the refs would call nothing in the paint. I defintely wanted the call at the end on Jodie's 3-pointer, but seeing the replay a few times, it was a good no call.

I as a true Cat's fan cannot blame refs for this game. Had I been an LSU fan, and LSU would have lost, I would have screamed about th reffing. Just my opinion

I respectfully disagree. There were a couple of calls that were crucial. I know we shouldnt have given up a 10 point lead, but man the call where LSU got it back when they shouldn't have and made a three was the game. I am usually one who does not complain about refs, and it doesn't really matter because it's over, but it was a joke. There was 23K in Rupp that agree with me as well, as voiced during the call and after seeing the replays.
But its really a moot point now, anyways.
At home, 10 point second half lead, and coming off a horrible loss at S.C., there was no excuse to let this one slip away. I know LSU was ranked 18th, but still no excuse.
Brittany0121 Wrote:There was 23K in Rupp that agree with me as well, as voiced during the call and after seeing the replays.

Those same 23K boo the officials when they call the ball out of bounds on UK... The refs are ALWAYS wrong in Rupp if they call something on UK. The game was called the same way, on both ends.
TheONLY1 Wrote:It wasn't bad coaching. Gillispie made good adjustments at the half to put us back in the game, stewart just f'd up at the end of the game and lost his man. Then Coach G set up a play to get his best 3 pt shooter the ball and meeks air balled it so kentucky getting beat in these close ones isn't bad coaching its the players not executing.

I was so impressed by our coaching staff this game. Billy G actually made halftime adjustments, going with a smaller more athletic lineup, that looked great. He didnt take out Galloway because of mistakes, he let them play. And then out of nowhere our great coaching disappeared. With the game on the line he puts in a player who is KNOWN for NOT playing good DEFENSE to guard one of the LSU's better players. This was the first PT Stewart had seen all game. Just when I thought that Billy G was going to show that he is the great coach we all expected........
It was almost as if Billy G was sending a message to Stewart, or proving that he isnt as good as he thinks he is. There would be no other reason i could think of to put him in on defense and take out one of our better defenders.

(But to Stewart's Defense he did what most coaches would ask for, the other team set a ball screen for there best player and the person who you want to take the last shot, Stewart switched from his man to make sure Thornton didnt have an open look and Jodie got caught trying to chase him. But we cant put any blame on Jodie.)

And for once can we let someone else take the shot with the game on the line. 24,000 people at Rupp knew who was going to take the last shot, everyone on the LSU bench knew, and everyone at home watching knew even though Jodie had played horrible 99% of the game. Why not let Jodie bring it up and get a ball screen and then kick it to Miller who had actually knocked down a couple of threes.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:If I were to guess.. I'd say Western Kentucky would be the team to win in Ky since theyy already thumped Louisville already.. And to everyone that is blaming BCG for this lose is ignorant because the players voted stewart back on the team and he was the one to give up the open shot so blame the players for this lose. BCG did his job/part.. Now when the players play like they are supposed to then it will show that we have one of the best coaches out there.. But I want to know what coach could come in and win with the players we have now??

And im just guessing that its the players who determine who gets PT and who is in the game in crunch time. And its the players who draw up the plays for when the game is on the line.

Oh wait its not, its the COACH hmmm......
goBIGblue82 Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]It was almost as if Billy G was sending a message to Stewart, or proving that he isnt as good as he thinks he is. There would be no other reason i could think of to put him in on defense and take out one of our better defenders.
[/COLOR]
(But to Stewart's Defense he did what most coaches would ask for, the other team set a ball screen for there best player and the person who you want to take the last shot, Stewart switched from his man to make sure Thornton didnt have an open look and Jodie got caught trying to chase him. But we cant put any blame on Jodie.)

And for once can we let someone else take the shot with the game on the line. 24,000 people at Rupp knew who was going to take the last shot, everyone on the LSU bench knew, and everyone at home watching knew even though Jodie had played horrible 99% of the game. Why not let Jodie bring it up and get a ball screen and then kick it to Miller who had actually knocked down a couple of threes.

I think he was afraid that he would quit if he didnt play him... They was already six quit sinc he has arrived I think... But hay Uk want have a team in a few years if this keeps up:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3