Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #18 Lsu-73 Uk-70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
allseasonfan Wrote:Stay in Southern Indiana and let the real men post>>>:devilflam

Stay in southern Indiana and let the losers post, Whatever man WOOOOO Louisville is awesome, and If lousiville were in Indiana than who would win in KY
theVILLE Wrote:Stay in southern Indiana and let the losers post, Whatever man WOOOOO Louisville is awesome, and If lousiville were in Indiana than who would win in KY

Great post
cards23 Wrote:Great post

It actually was pretty good.... But I still hate Louisville!!!:eyeroll:
[quote=Deathstar 80]I was impressed with the score. I thought LSU was going to kill UK. Yet, just like the Louisville game, the other team scored last.[/QUOTE
Yeah I was surprised would liked to see them win a game though, they could win out or lose out here in the end of the season, I think that they will win one and lose one
TheONLY1 Wrote:It wasn't bad coaching. Gillispie made good adjustments at the half to put us back in the game, stewart just f'd up at the end of the game and lost his man. Then Coach G set up a play to get his best 3 pt shooter the ball and meeks air balled it so kentucky getting beat in these close ones isn't bad coaching its the players not executing.

what was stewart doing out there anyway you should let him go and another scholoarship for next year,
N.I.T. Madness:flush:
Stewart didnt practice, so according to Billy G rules how did he get to play.
theVILLE Wrote:Stay in southern Indiana and let the losers post, Whatever man WOOOOO Louisville is awesome, and If lousiville were in Indiana than who would win in KY

If I were to guess.. I'd say Western Kentucky would be the team to win in Ky since theyy already thumped Louisville already.. And to everyone that is blaming BCG for this lose is ignorant because the players voted stewart back on the team and he was the one to give up the open shot so blame the players for this lose. BCG did his job/part.. Now when the players play like they are supposed to then it will show that we have one of the best coaches out there.. But I want to know what coach could come in and win with the players we have now??
theVILLE Wrote:n

Call it what you want, Jealous is what I call it, and next cards by 20... Who will they have when PAT goes pro...Nobody, I heard this last year by the way...lol:zzz:
Patterson will leave and Williams will leave, so we both will suck.
theVILLE Wrote:Actually it could of been meeks for shooting the three with a minute to go and the cats didnt even need it

Wow so you if you were the coach you wouldn't want meeks shooting a 3 with a minute to go. They needed a 3 or a 2, just any points since it was a close game and since he shoots like 48% from 3 you can't say him shooting a 3 was a bad choice.
The team voted to let him finish out the rest of the season. Next year hes going to play for a small college in florida from what ive heard.
RavenBoy Wrote:Patterson will leave and Williams will leave, so we both will suck.

Nope patt isn't going anywhere neither is meeks but the ville is forsure losing williams, and what 2 more seniors plus more than likely clark will be gone. Kentucky has two recruits coming in next year ranked hire than uofl's best recruit there getting not to mention pilgrim has been said to have nba talent. Be ready to be blown out next year.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Wow so you if you were the coach you wouldn't want meeks shooting a 3 with a minute to go. They needed a 3 or a 2, just any points since it was a close game and since he shoots like 48% from 3 you can't say him shooting a 3 was a bad choice.

yeah with the shooting night he had yeah I could and will call it a bad shot... he should have got it in to patterson for two then and could turned the game around
theVILLE Wrote:yeah with the shooting night he had yeah I could and will call it a bad shot... he should have got it in to patterson for two then and could turned the game around

Meeks shot about 45 percent on the night and he's a naismith finalist so if I was a coach I'd have it in his hands at the end of the game too and if you wouldn't then your not a good coach.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Meeks shot about 45 percent on the night and he's a naismith finalist so if I was a coach I'd have it in his hands at the end of the game too and if you wouldn't then your not a good coach.

With a minute to go down 2 you would,,,, you are no coach then
theVILLE Wrote:Well it is a part of coaching when the game is close like that and for some readon they lose everyone of them on the exception of the Florida game... But he may come along but I doubt it....

He is terrible at coaching games with double digit leads. He does not know how to go for the jugular. Look how he always wants to rest his players once they get a lead and lets the other team make a come back. Does he have a problem with freshmen playing? Galloway and Miller should play before Porter. Porter really hurts this team, It is like giving the other team an extra defender because he will not/can not shot a wide open shot. You expect more from a guy making 3.5 million!
I agree with you theVILLE, it was too soon to be shooting a 3. Why are people blaming Stewart for this loss, it makes no sense. Yeah he lost his man but why is that, its because the COACH has them playing that **** man to man help defense, Stewart was simply doing what the defense calls for, helping his man out and therefore leaving a shooter wide open, it has happened all season, so why are you people just now saying something about it and blaming Stewart when its gillispie's sorry *** that you should be blaming. Like I said in past posts, I hope everyone leaves UK and leaves this dip**** with nothing to work with, thats exactly what he deserves. Then we will see how much of a coach he is, or in my opinion, ISNT!!!!
i blame billy g 100% just because that is what he said in his press conference
TheONLY1 Wrote:It wasn't bad coaching. Gillispie made good adjustments at the half to put us back in the game, stewart just f'd up at the end of the game and lost his man. Then Coach G set up a play to get his best 3 pt shooter the ball and meeks air balled it so kentucky getting beat in these close ones isn't bad coaching its the players not executing.

It is bad coaching not knowing what players should be playing, making bad substitutions, running a stagnet offense, and predictable defense.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:If I were to guess.. I'd say Western Kentucky would be the team to win in Ky since theyy already thumped Louisville already.. And to everyone that is blaming BCG for this lose is ignorant because the players voted stewart back on the team and he was the one to give up the open shot so blame the players for this lose. BCG did his job/part.. Now when the players play like they are supposed to then it will show that we have one of the best coaches out there.. But I want to know what coach could come in and win with the players we have now??

The players voted him back on the team, they did not put him in the game at a critical point!
Stardust Wrote:Thoughts, I'm sure there are plenaty!

UK was outplayed by a better team in the 1st half. Cats made adjustments in the 2nd half, but LSU made a great run at the end. Better team won IMO

I agree the better team and coach won. But that is the problem, UK is suppose to be the better team in an SEC match up anywhere, anytime.
beasy_bo Wrote:i think its funny we start pounding it out with patterson and get a 10 point lead. then some way we dont want to get it to him hardly any after that and the only play we have for meeks is come and get the hand off man they're six second left on the clock:igiveup: i got to say i love the second half lineup:rockon:
galloway, meeks, harris (still has no offensive bone in his body), miller, PatPat

Agree. And I was just talking to someone last night and said I do not know why Billy G doesn't put Porter and Liggons at the end of the bench and go with Galloway.
This is a sad day for UK fans. Its been 20 years since LSU beat us on our home floor. I cant beleive this, I am in a state of shock right now. I am okay with Meeks shooting the last shot for us. But I do think we could have gotten him a better look at the basket. I hope that the lineup that we had during the second becomes our starting 5. I think this is one of the very few times thatwe didnt come out in the second half with our starters on the floor. Looks like we are gonna have to win the SEC tourney to get into the big dance. Not that its impossible but its a stretch.
Well, I went to this monstrosticity of of a game, and I'm surprised no one as mentioned the abundance of calls that KILLED us in this game. Jodie could get nothing called his way, there was a time when it was OBVIOUS that the ball was out on them, and they get it back and shoot a 3. How many did we lose by, btw? yeah. The instant replays were so frustrating to see. It was so bad. But, anyway. The atmosphere was sooo fun for a while. Everyone was so into it, and the team was playing great. Then it was like the air was gone out of the arena. No fun.

I think the lineup should be Galloway, Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson and Miller. It was great. And man.. Patterson's dunk at the beginning of the second half would've been AMAZING.. lol. There was some good ones!

Anyway, I had fun (until the end), but I don't think they will make it to the tourney. Sad
Brittany0121 Wrote:Well, I went to this monstrosticity of of a game, and I'm surprised no one as mentioned the abundance of calls that KILLED us in this game. Jodie could get nothing called his way, there was a time when it was OBVIOUS that the ball was out on them, and they get it back and shoot a 3. How many did we lose by, btw? yeah. The instant replays were so frustrating to see. It was so bad. But, anyway. The atmosphere was sooo fun for a while. Everyone was so into it, and the team was playing great. Then it was like the air was gone out of the arena. No fun.

I think the lineup should be Galloway, Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson and Miller. It was great. And man.. Patterson's dunk at the beginning of the second half would've been AMAZING.. lol. There was some good ones!

Anyway, I had fun (until the end), but I don't think they will make it to the tourney. Sad

I made a comment on another thread about the reffing. I have to say, IMO, the refs were far more favorable to the Cats. There were defintely a few calls that Meeks did not get, but Patterson and Stevenson absolutely hammered anyone that came into the paint and got nothing called against them. Overall, there were not many calls, which is a pure indication that the refs would call nothing in the paint. I defintely wanted the call at the end on Jodie's 3-pointer, but seeing the replay a few times, it was a good no call.

I as a true Cat's fan cannot blame refs for this game. Had I been an LSU fan, and LSU would have lost, I would have screamed about th reffing. Just my opinion
If Billy G would just spend a little more time teaching these boys to box out on D wed be in the top 10-15 in the nation and had the SEC locked up for a couple weeks now. Those second chance points have killed us this year.

This was a good comment though
Stardust Wrote:I made a comment on another thread about the reffing. I have to say, IMO, the refs were far more favorable to the Cats. There were defintely a few calls that Meeks did not get, but Patterson and Stevenson absolutely hammered anyone that came into the paint and got nothing called against them. Overall, there were not many calls, which is a pure indication that the refs would call nothing in the paint. I defintely wanted the call at the end on Jodie's 3-pointer, but seeing the replay a few times, it was a good no call.

I as a true Cat's fan cannot blame refs for this game. Had I been an LSU fan, and LSU would have lost, I would have screamed about th reffing. Just my opinion

Excellent post... :Thumbs:

Wait... Did I just say that?? :HitWall: :biggrin:
Well, Ill state some of my opinions. Kentucky will make the NCAA tournament just because they are Kentucky, probably knocking a better mid-major team out of the tourney. Theyll get knocked out in the first round of this tournament too anyways. They have five home losses, and Billy G is making Rupp Arena look like a neutral court to visitors. Kentucky doesnt have any chemistry (other than "pass it to Jodie") or discipline and thats due straight to the coaching. They are weak, they arent tough, and they tend to back down and get bullied when another team on the same level as they are brings the intensity level up a notch. And I said there would be a day when Kentucky fans had better be careful what they wish for after running Tubby off. This is that day. If Tubby had this team, UK would be somewhere around 23-5 and in first place in the SEC. Tubby, IMO, was one of the top 2 or 3 X's-and-O's coaches in the country, and Billy G hasnt a clue about x's and o's, and has gotten outcoached in more games than I can count in the two years he's been there. Not to mention, other than maybe Tom Izzo, Tubby was THE best defensive coach in the country. But as for Billy G, he gets rattled and shaken, and his teams get beat. And at times they dont just get beat, this is one of those refreshing "we only got beat by 3 at home" games, theyve been pounded. I have zero confidence in his coaching. Oh yeah, if Tubby was still here, Patrick Patterson, Jodie Meeks, and Alex Legion would have made a pretty formidable trio in Lexington. But we are getting what we deserve. We are getting NCAA births because of the name on the front of our jerseys, thanks to Rupp, Joe B. Hall, Rick Pitino and Tubby Smith (I didnt forget about Sutton, just didnt think he deserved to be on that list), not because of the outstanding 18-13 and 19-10(+) seasons brought by Billy Clyde Gillispie. I want to see BCG do well, but I think he's over his head in Lexington. Oh Tubby, Oh Tubby, where are you now? Be very careful what you wish for Cat fans. You just might get it.
DeuceUL Wrote:Excellent post... :Thumbs:

Wait... Did I just say that?? :HitWall: :biggrin:

:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3