Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
for all the defenses that played breathitt how hard is it to bring down channing
bobcatlunatik Wrote:for all the defenses that played breathitt how hard is it to bring down channing

When we played Breathitt, it depended on who was attempting to take him down. It was hard to catch him, it was hard to keep him away from the ball carrier when we were on offense, and most high school players will have their troubles bringing the kid down.
Big Alex Sizemore from Perry Central will solo tackle Channing all day long next season when they hook up. Good luck Channing against your old pals.
warmachine Wrote:Big Alex Sizemore from Perry Central will solo tackle Channing all day long next season when they hook up. Good luck Channing against your old pals.

Those are some big words right there. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
warmachine Wrote:Big Alex Sizemore from Perry Central will solo tackle Channing all day long next season when they hook up. Good luck Channing against your old pals.

I realize in my post I mentioned the fact that some guys could bring him down without much of an issue, but honestly, I wouldn't start calling this guy out like that.Confusedhh:
Prestonsburg was one of the lone teams to defeat Breathitt last season and since our pass coverage was really good we blitzed them each time, but once Fugate got passed the first wave of defenders he was usually gone for a 20-30 yard run.

Only person I remember taking him down by themselves was Setser. Could be wrong though.
From what I can remember JC didn't have a whole lot of trouble...I may be wrong.

lol...do they play next year?
My goodness. You all act like he's Earl Cambell or something...
Fugate is good and can be great but people there is no running back that cannot be solo-tackled. Actually I watched him get tackled several times in Louisville a couple of months ago. I do respect and can't wait to watch Fugate run the ball next year and hope he has a great season so I can watch those big time college recruiters come and fight over a good old mountain boy next year.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:for all the defenses that played breathitt how hard is it to bring down channing

I would like to see what Channing can do on a real D like St-X or Trinity. I saw that he made a few big runs on Central. But other then that. They shut him down.
Harlan County done a decent job in the first half of the playoff game at Breathitt in containing him, but the second half and the regular season game we had a lot of boys trying to grap him by his shoulders and arm tackle him and if you have that approach you might as well lay down and hope he trips.

Fugate is impressive and I look forward to seeing him play this year. He doesn't get the attention he deserves, but remember even NFL running backs need offensive linemen.
They key to a good tackle is staying low wraping up and keeping your feet moving. Player that do all of things can bring anybody down. No matter who they are. Who is Alex from PCC never heard of him. Is he a 8th grader if so he is in for a big eye opener.
i dont care how much u drive ur legs if u cant out power channing then u might as well get the **** out of the way cuz he will knock u into the ground
bobcatlunatik Wrote:i dont care how much u drive ur legs if u cant out power channing then u might as well get the **** out of the way cuz he will knock u into the ground

Who are some of the top teams in the state that he competed against? Until getting to this site, I had not heard of Channing. Sounds like a very solid player.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:i dont care how much u drive ur legs if u cant out power channing then u might as well get the **** out of the way cuz he will knock u into the ground

So....how big is it? I mean, does it hurt?
This is the most unreal thread I've ever seen, or heard of.

How hard is to tackle a player?

is this even serious?
Channing is every bit 6'3" and 230lbs....to say that someone needs to get out of his way is kinda crazy though. I'd take a my shoulder or helment and run it right through his thigh and if that didn't work I'd be busting knee caps...(I played SS in both high school and college, got to do something to make up for size....simple physics).
JC didn't have a problem with him.
IRISH4 Wrote:Channing is every bit 6'3" and 230lbs....to say that someone needs to get out of his way is kinda crazy though. I'd take a my shoulder or helment and run it right through his thigh and if that didn't work I'd be busting knee caps...(I played SS in both high school and college, got to do something to make up for size....simple physics).

I will agree you take the legs they will go down. Been around football all my life. I have seen some of the top backs in the state. I have never seen anybody that couldnt be tackled.
simply go to youtube and watch his highlight film many people has bounced off his legs. his legs are probably the strongest part of his body.
I've seen him play, shoot I helped coach against him and my team won 26-14 and it could've been 3TDs more. The kid is a good player(great for this area), don't get me wrong, but he is by no means unstoppable. Some put him on the same level as Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc.....that he is not.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:simply go to youtube and watch his highlight film many people has bounced off his legs. his legs are probably the strongest part of his body.

Really your saying that the kid cant be tackled by taking his legs out? OMG quick give me the phone and let me call my ravens or nebody else in the nfl. Plus if u go after some one's leg right I dont think you will bounce off his legs. The kid is good dont get me wrong. But no where close to the best back in the state of KY.
Notorious Wrote:Really your saying that the kid cant be tackled by taking his legs out? OMG quick give me the phone and let me call my ravens or nebody else in the nfl. Plus if u go after some one's leg right I dont think you will bounce off his legs. The kid is good dont get me wrong. But no where close to the best back in the state of KY.
howstupid are u i mean come on call ravens or nfl team no **** of course a pro can tackle a 17 year old kid. but in high school football in ky. it is no easy task for any person to tackle him bottom line.
bobcat is probably right.
he is a load to tackle, exp in the area of the state where he plays.

I wish that Breathitt co had the game by game stats online.
Im curious to see how many yards he got against quality teams. BC had low scoring numbers agaisnt teams that were above average.

Exactly how many yards did this kid rack up in the fourth quater agaisnt teams like fleming and powell.

If he got major yards agaisnt every team, and just couldnt score or punch it in i understand.

Breathitt averaged 21 points a game against the upper epsilon of teams on their schedule. Belfry, LCA, Central, Pburg, JC and Estill.

Breathitt averaged basically 50 points a game agaisnt their weak opponents.

My point is yes this RB is good. A local legend as it seems he has the biggest fan club in history. but someone is stopping him. Maybe its not from padding stats in the fourth, but from getting points in the clutch, when it matters.

So maybe he's tough to bring down, but when he plays good team. He sees a drastic change in the only stats that matter, TD's and WINS
bobcatlunatik Wrote:howstupid are u i mean come on call ravens or nfl team no **** of course a pro can tackle a 17 year old kid. but in high school football in ky. it is no easy task for any person to tackle him bottom line.

First off please learn to use capital letters. Second off, I wasn't saying he cant be tackled by a pro, the way you was talking is that the kid can not be tackled at all. I know you are probly one of the kids best friends and you all want to see him do good, but you have to understand getting on here and bragging about how good he is is not gonna do no good. Im sure it may be hard to tackle the kid, but to get on here and make a thread about how hard it is to tackle him is ridiculous. Suit up get on the field and find out yourself and if you play on the same team as him talk to the coach and ask him to line you up in open field and find out.
Notorious Wrote:First off please learn to use capital letters. Second off, I wasn't saying he cant be tackled by a pro, the way you was talking is that the kid can not be tackled at all. I know you are probly one of the kids best friends and you all want to see him do good, but you have to understand getting on here and bragging about how good he is is not gonna do no good. Im sure it may be hard to tackle the kid, but to get on here and make a thread about how hard it is to tackle him is ridiculous. Suit up get on the field and find out yourself and if you play on the same team as him talk to the coach and ask him to line you up in open field and find out.
why use capital letters this isnt grammer school and i have played against channing when we were 11 or 12 years old but now im jus saying u wanna talk about pros bringing down a kid. get a life if a pro couldnt tackle a kid then they wouldnt be a pro
bobcatlunatik Wrote:why use capital letters this isnt grammer school and i have played against channing when we were 11 or 12 years old but now im jus saying u wanna talk about pros bringing down a kid. get a life if a pro couldnt tackle a kid then they wouldnt be a pro

It's actually a rule to use correct punctuation and grammer....little FYI.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:simply go to youtube and watch his highlight film many people has bounced off his legs. his legs are probably the strongest part of his body.
Next to the jaw the legs are the strongest part of a person's body so it should be no surprise.

The guy runs with a high pad level so you do not even have to go for the legs. You get a hip at the right angle (which a good defender does) you spin the guy and legs are a none issue. Its simple physics.

Also highlight films are just that highlights. They do not show the no gains, 3 yd gain (unless for a TD) or any of those. You carry the ball enough you are going to take some shots. Your going to take some GOOD shots unless your playing Sisters of the Poor or something. There is not a back that has played in KY that has not taken a beating in a season.
My point is unless he dont see you coming and u blind side him then ur not gonna jack him up. There u go ur capital letters babies.
Pages: 1 2 3