Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How Hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
People really have no idea how difficult it is to improve your 40 time.

With proper training and LOTS of dedication Fugate can shave .1 off his 40 time, but .2 seconds is nearly unfathonable. Additionally, if Fugate doesn't attend a specific training center that has an expertise in speed training I will go as far as to say that it would be impossible to shave .2 seconds off using Breathitt's facilities.

There is no way Fugate runs a true 4.6 laser timed 40 right now... he may very well run a 4.6 hand timed 40, but there is no way he is below a 4.7 AT BEST on a laser.

For those mentioning Moreno and Wells, they completely neglect what makes those guys so good. Their hips and their running style, not their speed.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:shows how much you know breathitt won 2a state title in 95 96 and 2002. then last year was there first year in 3a n they go to state championship game.

Shows that you barley read over posts. I stated they had won 3 and I thought they had went on a streak. 2 state titles is a streak. The Kid told you he runs that. Everything you have stated have been things he has told you apparently there no proof he runs that. What camps has he been to? Is this coach timed?
EKU do you think everybody can go to a specific training center to just shave .1 off a forty yd dash? At the college camps they have a true laser timing device?NO. Fugate can improve his speed and anybody for that matter with hard work and dedication in the weight room and and working on their running form.
King Leonidas Wrote:EKU do you think everybody can go to a specific training center to just shave .1 off a forty yd dash? At the college camps they have a true laser timing device?NO. Fugate can improve his speed and anybody for that matter with hard work and dedication in the weight room and and working on their running form.

1. For a Senior in High School who has nearly reached their phsyical maturity, and who has already been ina well established strength and conditioning regime, it is exponentially harder than a Freshman or Sophomore.

2. Your high profile camps typically will have a laser.

3. Hard work and dedication can most definately shave .1 off (.2 is VERY doubtful), but having the facilities and proper training to do so is very rare on the high school level, let alone at Breathitt.
Well at every College one day camp I have ever been to, every time was hand timed! A Nike Combine may be laser, but colleges want to see you run in person. It is very rare for any high school to have the latest equipment that everybody endorses. Hard work on flexibility and proper form will help any forty.
All you have to do is take out his legs. I have never seen him play. Is he really that good? I bet every college in the nation is after this kid if he's that good.
King Leonidas Wrote:Well at every College one day camp I have ever been to, every time was hand timed! A Nike Combine may be laser, but colleges want to see you run in person. It is very rare for any high school to have the latest equipment that everybody endorses. Hard work on flexibility and proper form will help any forty.

Thanks for illustrating my point on why attending the proper training centers is so important.

Hard work can only take you so far without the proper training and facilities.
You that said Channing runs a 4.8 or 4.9. How bout u come to Jackson and watch us play and u will see that Channing has a way better forty than a 4.8 or 4.9. Channing runs a low 4.7 easy on a bad day. Then he could possibly run a 4.6. Channing benches over 300 pound easy and squats about 450.
Bobcat Player Wrote:You that said Channing runs a 4.8 or 4.9. How bout u come to Jackson and watch us play and u will see that Channing has a way better forty than a 4.8 or 4.9. Channing runs a low 4.7 easy on a bad day. Then he could possibly run a 4.6. Channing benches over 300 pound easy and squats about 450.

We have stated we have come and watched and even seen the high lights.
How is watching gonna prove that he runs that? All that proves is that maybe hes faster than some of the players on the field. Last time I checked we don't time 40's during games.
his point is that channing can blow 4.8 out of the water on 40 time
Like i said come to jackson and watch us play and when channing gets in open field and players like Dominique Hayden ffor Lexington Christian cant stay within 10 yards with him you know you got a preety good 40 time. So come and watch
Please read the posts. We have stated that we have came and watched and we have seen the highlights.
If you have watched him play then why in da **** cant everybody see that he is fast. he is a big guy its not gonna look like he is running 100 MPH as big as he is but step in front of him and you will find out how fast he is moving
It wont be that hard to take him down... If the linebacks know how to hit him.... If they know how, they can do one of two things. Break his leg or he go down.....
Well i dont think there is any linebackers that could catch him. even if so its hard to solo tackle the BIG HORSE from behind. If your in front and standing still then kiss your butt goodbye.:ChairHit:
Pages: 1 2 3