Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee County 54 - Estill County 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lee led the entire game. Estill's Hoover was high scorer for the Engineers. Roberts played well also, Cackling never really got things going. Trey Wiseman went down early in the game with a probable sprained ankle, which hurt the smaller Estill team.

For Lee, Pelfrey led in scoring with 17. I'm pretty sure that both Charles and Pittman had double-doubles (Charles points and assists; Pittman points and rebounds). Tyler Campbell has played well the last 3 games, which really makes this a respectable team.

From my seat it appeared that Estill's strategy was to penetrate and get Lee's big men into foul trouble. Lee didn't swat at their shots, and although they gave up too many easy shots (particularly to Hoover), they didn't get into foul trouble. The only player to foul out in the game was Estill's Roberts late in the third or early in the 4th .

This seals the deal as to who is the best team in the 56th this season. If Lee beats Powell on Monday night they will be undefeated in district play.
I missed this one. Congrats Lee!
ARC Wrote:Lee led the entire game. Estill's Hoover was high scorer for the Engineers. Roberts played well also, Cackling never really got things going. Trey Wiseman went down early in the game with a probable sprained ankle, which hurt the smaller Estill team.

For Lee, Pelfrey led in scoring with 17. I'm pretty sure that both Charles and Pittman had double-doubles (Charles points and assists; Pittman points and rebounds). Tyler Campbell has played well the last 3 games, which really makes this a respectable team.

From my seat it appeared that Estill's strategy was to penetrate and get Lee's big men into foul trouble. Lee didn't swat at their shots, and although they gave up too many easy shots (particularly to Hoover), they didn't get into foul trouble. The only player to foul out in the game was Estill's Roberts late in the third or early in the 4th .

This seals the deal as to who is the best team in the 56th this season. If Lee beats Powell on Monday night they will be undefeated in district play.
The best team will be determined in the district championship tourney.
Very hard played by both teams. Refrain from comment on officials. Congrats Lee. Hope to see you in two weeks.
congrats lee co.
NeerMom Wrote:The best team will be determined in the district championship tourney.
Very hard played by both teams. Refrain from comment on officials. Congrats Lee. Hope to see you in two weeks.
Lee is the best team even if they lose in the district tournament. They will still win the head to head matchup 2 to 1. All games count the same one win or one loss they are all equal. Charles played his best all around game, he controlled tempo and the ball and had only 1 turnover. He scored when needed rebounded well and dished off very well. Lee was in control the whole way. Also my congrats to Estill for playing a whale of a game. Estill plays with energy and class and I have the utmost respect for thier kids and coaches
NeerMom Wrote:The best team will be determined in the district championship tourney.

As I have already stated, the best team in the 56th 'this season' has already been determined. Even if Lee were to lose by 20 to Powell on Monday night, they ARE the no. 1 seed.

I'm sure that both sides will complain about the officials.

In the 56th, I think that the current seeding goes like this:
Lee - 5W/0L (vs Powell remaining game)
Estill - 5W/2L (no district games remaining)
Owsley - 1W/4L (vs Powell remaining)
Powell - 0W/5L (vs Lee, vs Owsley remaining)

Third seed is up for grabs between Owsley and Powell, but Owsley should get it.
Congrats Lee
ARC Wrote:As I have already stated, the best team in the 56th 'this season' has already been determined. Even if Lee were to lose by 20 to Powell on Monday night, they ARE the no. 1 seed.

I'm sure that both sides will complain about the officials.

In the 56th, I think that the current seeding goes like this:
Lee - 5W/0L (vs Powell remaining game)
Estill - 5W/2L (no district games remaining)
Owsley - 1W/4L (vs Powell remaining)
Powell - 0W/5L (vs Lee, vs Owsley remaining)

Third seed is up for grabs between Owsley and Powell, but Owsley should get it.
Estill is 4 and 2
JOBAKKA Wrote:Lee is the best team even if they lose in the district tournament. They will still win the head to head matchup 2 to 1. All games count the same one win or one loss they are all equal. Charles played his best all around game, he controlled tempo and the ball and had only 1 turnover. He scored when needed rebounded well and dished off very well. Lee was in control the whole way. Also my congrats to Estill for playing a whale of a game. Estill plays with energy and class and I have the utmost respect for thier kids and coaches
That's what thinking makes kids think their own points are more important than wins. I guess you think Lee county was the best team the last two years. The regular season means nothing. The district tournament is all that MATTERS. Good Kids play for life lessons and championships - no more no less.
Congrats to Lee and I think some of their kids have class as well.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Estill is 4 and 2

Yep, but they did play Powell 3 times. Technically the tournament game wouldn't count, but I still included it since it is a game within the district.
NeerMom Wrote:That's what thinking makes kids think their own points are more important than wins. I guess you think Lee county was the best team the last two years. The regular season means nothing. The district tournament is all that MATTERS. Good Kids play for life lessons and championships - no more no less.
Last year they split the regular season matchups. So I guess anyoune can claim victory between the two. But this year Lee will beat Estill more than Estill has beat Lee and if you keep score that means Lee wins. I have no idea what you mean by the some remark. But insulting kids is not very becoming. The question was who has the best team. Not who wins a regular season title or a tournament championship but Lee wins this years matchup. Again good luck Estill, Roberts needs more looks, so does Riley off the bench, he usually plays well. Hope Wiseman is fine he is a nice young man.
Congrats Lee Co.!! If these teams meet again in the District championship, it will be a great game!! Good luck to both teams!!
ARC Wrote:Yep, but they did play Powell 3 times. Technically the tournament game wouldn't count, but I still included it since it is a game within the district.
I stand corrected.
NeerMom Wrote:That's what thinking makes kids think their own points are more important than wins. I guess you think Lee county was the best team the last two years. The regular season means nothing. The district tournament is all that MATTERS. Good Kids play for life lessons and championships - no more no less.

And congrats to Estill too. I'm pretty sure that this seasonal district game 'MATTERS' to some.

Some of you folks sure hate to say 'Uncle' lol.

Good luck to both teams in the 14th.
Congrats to the Bobcats for wrapping up the 1 seed and winning the regular season title. It appears that SOME don't get that there actually is a "regular season" champion and a "tournament" champion...and BOTH matter.

Anyway, I cannot believe that a county the size of Estill couldn't afford a little air conditioning. Ha ha. Nice try by the 'Neers to get the one up by keeping the temperature so hot. One of the oldest and lamest tricks in the book. Oh well, didn't work. Way to go Bobcats. Good luck Estill. At least your players have class.
I noticed that Estill is not hitting on all cylinders. Could be that lineup change has affected the chemistry. Estill was playing alot better earlier in the year. I wonder if the Crowe addition is working.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Last year they split the regular season matchups. So I guess anyoune can claim victory between the two. But this year Lee will beat Estill more than Estill has beat Lee and if you keep score that means Lee wins. I have no idea what you mean by the some remark. But insulting kids is not very becoming. The question was who has the best team. Not who wins a regular season title or a tournament championship but Lee wins this years matchup. Again good luck Estill, Roberts needs more looks, so does Riley off the bench, he usually plays well. Hope Wiseman is fine he is a nice young man.
The some remark is directed at one young man who doesn't learn that humiliating the opponent and talking crap is not "cool", and yes it is an accomplishment to win the regular season title, but the ultimate goal is the district and regional championship and any other things taught but life lessons are wasted teaching opportunities. I'm sure the coach will take your advice on who to plAY. The real question is how Lee plays 5 players and the most fouls any one players has is 3, but that would be whining and I am not doing that. Congrats Lee.
NeerMom Wrote:The some remark is directed at one young man who doesn't learn that humiliating the opponent and talking crap is not "cool", and yes it is an accomplishment to win the regular season title, but the ultimate goal is the district and regional championship and any other things taught but life lessons are wasted teaching opportunities. I'm sure the coach will take your advice on who to plAY. The real question is how Lee plays 5 players and the most fouls any one players has is 3, but that would be whining and I am not doing that. Congrats Lee.
I have no ideal what you are talking about. I did not see anyone talking crap. I really do not care who you play. I just like some or the kids off the bench thet have nice games. Riley Birchfield will be a stud in the neer future. But God forbid play whoever you want.
NeerMom Wrote:The some remark is directed at one young man who doesn't learn that humiliating the opponent and talking crap is not "cool", and yes it is an accomplishment to win the regular season title, but the ultimate goal is the district and regional championship and any other things taught but life lessons are wasted teaching opportunities. I'm sure the coach will take your advice on who to plAY. The real question is how Lee plays 5 players and the most fouls any one players has is 3, but that would be whining and I am not doing that. Congrats Lee.
Maybe lee didn't play tight enough defense to get in foul trouble. I thought Hoover owned the paint on his penetration.
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:Congrats to the Bobcats for wrapping up the 1 seed and winning the regular season title. It appears that SOME don't get that there actually is a "regular season" champion and a "tournament" champion...and BOTH matter.

Anyway, I cannot believe that a county the size of Estill couldn't afford a little air conditioning. Ha ha. Nice try by the 'Neers to get the one up by keeping the temperature so hot. One of the oldest and lamest tricks in the book. Oh well, didn't work. Way to go Bobcats. Good luck Estill. At least your players have class.
Congrats to the Bobcats, as far as class - I remember the coach holding out his hand to shake hands while the other coach jumped up and down with his players. Class is more that just what you attend in school. Charles you are a heck of a player. I wish we had air conditioning to, it was hot for our boys too. It was 0 degrees, then 65 two days later - go figure genius. As for the class statement again, I saw that on WKYT.
Congrats LEE CO!
Express Wrote:Congrats to the Bobcats, as far as class - I remember the coach holding out his hand to shake hands while the other coach jumped up and down with his players. Class is more that just what you attend in school. Charles you are a heck of a player. I wish we had air conditioning to, it was hot for our boys too. It was 0 degrees, then 65 two days later - go figure genious. As for the class statement again, I saw that on WKYT.
Espress I understand about the temp situation the weather has been crazy, all the kids played thier hearts out and left it on the floor. These teams could play in a phone booth and it would be close. All of us have a few fans that get out of hand, there was one young man on the opposite of the benches tonight for Estill who should have been tossed for following a ref down the floor in his ear right on the sideline. But I dont think all of Estill is classless because of one incident. If you were not at that game you saw on a piece of edited tape please consider there are two sides to that situation.
I really do wish the Neers good luck
Someone please let me know when they pass out the trophy for winning the #1 seed for the ditrict. I want to be there to see it.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Espress I understand about the temp situation the weather has been crazy, all the kids played tier hearts out and left it on the floor. These teams could play in a phone booth and it would be close. All of us have a few fans that get out of hand, there was one young man on the opposite of the benches tonoght for Estill who should have been tossed for following a ref down the floor in his ear right on the sideline. But I dont think all of Estill is classless because of one incident. If you were not at that game you saw on a piece of edited tape please consider there are two sides to that situation.
I really do wish the Neers good luck
I wish the Bobcats good luck too. I kn ow for a fac t there is more than basketball at stake in both counties, and I know that there are always circumstances that get out of control - I just wanted to remind some people on here that the kids in Estill are being instructed the right way and the coach really tries to set a good example - but is human after all.
LeeCoBobcatfan Wrote:Congrats to the Bobcats for wrapping up the 1 seed and winning the regular season title. It appears that SOME don't get that there actually is a "regular season" champion and a "tournament" champion...and BOTH matter.

Your talking about class HAHAHA im like express i watch tv and i saw how much class Lee co has by the way have those guys got out of jail yet?
Express Wrote:I wish the Bobcats good luck too. I kn ow for a fac t there is more than basketball at stake in both counties, and I know that there are always circumstances that get out of contrtol - I just wanted to remind some people on here that the kids in Estill are being instructed the right way and the coach really tries to set a good example - but is human after all.
I can say Coach Tiller is a great leader of young men and I know Coach Wright teaches the same. Both of these guys while fiery still have good moral fibers. I remember a few years ago Coach Tiller pulled one his stars for shoving and did not let him play anymore in that game, I gained alot of respect for him that day. That happened at the Johnson Co tournament 4 years ago. Coach Wright is a good person with a great moral upbringing. His parents are the best. Last night while an Owsley players lay bleeding and unconscious his coaches were attending to him Coach Wright went over to the Owsley bench and asked thier players to join with Lee kids in preayer for the injured player. It was a nice thing to see both teams holding hands and praying for a fallen player.
courtdog Wrote:Your talking about class HAHAHA im like express i watch tv and i saw how much class Lee co has by the way have those guys got out of jail yet?
Never went to jail, a misdemeaner for disturbing the peace. We both could make remarks about behavior of our faithful but I wont label a whole county by the actions of a few. You were not there so you dont know the whole story. The police involved also have work to do on this matter. Least to say there was enough blame to go around.
way to go lee.............keep up the good work
JOBAKKA Wrote:Never went to jail, a misdemeaner for disturbing the peace. We both could make remarks about behavior of our faithful but I wont label a whole county by the actions of a few. You were not there so you dont know the whole story. The police involved also have work to do on this matter. Least to say there was enough blame to go around.
Everybody makes mistakes - just trying to say and prove that point - hope we meet again in the championship - any other matchup would cheat the fans
Express Wrote:Everybody makes mistakes - just trying to say and prove that point - hope we meet again in the championship - any other matchup would cheat the fans
I figure we should meet again, but you never know upsets could happen but I hope not. These games are not for the light hearted they are barnburners. Good basketball form both sides. These kids play thier hearts out against each other.
Pages: 1 2 3