Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee County 54 - Estill County 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congrats Lee Co.!
NeerMom Wrote:real question is how Lee plays 5 players and the most fouls any one players has is 3, but that would be whining and I am not doing that. Congrats Lee.

I thought that Lee's Campbell had 4 fouls.
courtdog Wrote:Someone please let me know when they pass out the trophy for winning the #1 seed for the ditrict. I want to be there to see it.

I could be wrong, but hasn't there been a 56th District 'Season' trophy the last year or two? It goes to the number one seed in the district. Estill should have one from last season. I'm not sure when it is awarded.
ARC Wrote:I could be wrong, but hasn't there been a 56th District 'Season' trophy the last year or two? It goes to the number one seed in the district. Estill should have one from last season. I'm not sure when it is awarded.
There's been a 56th District trophy for the season championship and top seeded team since back in the mid-1990's. It is awarded at the district tournament meeting each year. That meeting is usually held at Natural Bridge, but whether it is this year I'm not sure. The meeting should be sometime this week or early next week. I haven't heard a date. This year's winners are Lee County's boys and Owsley County's girls.
courtdog Wrote:Someone please let me know when they pass out the trophy for winning the #1 seed for the ditrict. I want to be there to see it.
I guess these district games dont mean nothing and I am sure according to you Estill didnt even try. Next year lets not even play any games just have a tournament since nothing else matters. I bet if Estill would have won since everyone said they were the best team in the district it would have been a diiferent song sung. Come to the district meeting and watch the trophy presentations. In all basketball they have a regular season and a tournament. Kentucky is playing to win the Eastern division of the SEC right now. Oh well its just another game, Who Cares
I REALLY do not understand what all the bickering is about, if any team had anything to bicker about, it would be the officiating. BOTH teams got some very stupid calls called against them. Last nights game was an awesome game by both teams.

Let me tell ya something...LEE CO and ESTILL CO have the classiest (if that's even a word) teams in this district. Watching those two teams play last night, really made a statement in how they acted!!!! The hugs that were exchanged between the teams was awesome! I really enjoyed watching the fans for both teams...both know their basketball and it's appreciated when fans appreciated good plays and efforts on both sides of the gym.

I thought it was hilarious that there were 3 officers of the law standing in the middle of the gym after the game....what did they think...there was going to be some kind of brawl!!!??? Come on!!!! There's way too much respect for both teams from each team to act like that!!!!

Congrats Lee on the win!! The District Tourney should AWESOME!!!!
Congrats lee Co.
cheerdad Wrote:I REALLY do not understand what all the bickering is about, if any team had anything to bicker about, it would be the officiating. BOTH teams got some very stupid calls called against them. Last nights game was an awesome game by both teams.

Let me tell ya something...LEE CO and ESTILL CO have the classiest (if that's even a word) teams in this district. Watching those two teams play last night, really made a statement in how they acted!!!! The hugs that were exchanged between the teams was awesome! I really enjoyed watching the fans for both teams...both know their basketball and it's appreciated when fans appreciated good plays and efforts on both sides of the gym.

I thought it was hilarious that there were 3 officers of the law standing in the middle of the gym after the game....what did they think...there was going to be some kind of brawl!!!??? Come on!!!! There's way too much respect for both teams from each team to act like that!!!!

Congrats Lee on the win!! The District Tourney should AWESOME!!!!
Great Post
That is what I started out saying. If anyone thinks this game couldn't have went the other way thay are blind. Estill is very capable of beating Lee on any given night. Both teams played thier heatrs out. You are right there is a lot respect from each side. Good luck the rest of the way.
Also I wish a speedy recovery for Trey Wiseman. Nice kid, always plays hard
ARC Wrote:As I have already stated, the best team in the 56th 'this season' has already been determined. Even if Lee were to lose by 20 to Powell on Monday night, they ARE the no. 1 seed.

I'm sure that both sides will complain about the officials.

In the 56th, I think that the current seeding goes like this:
Lee - 5W/0L (vs Powell remaining game)
Estill - 5W/2L (no district games remaining)
Owsley - 1W/4L (vs Powell remaining)
Powell - 0W/5L (vs Lee, vs Owsley remaining)

Third seed is up for grabs between Owsley and Powell, but Owsley should get it.

powell might beat estill and owsley... congrats lee co.
Never Know Anything Is Possible
Lee Co. 54 Estill Co. 51

Lee Co. 16 14 9 15 54

Estill Co. 12 8 11 21 51

Lee Co. (7-9) -- Charles 12, Campbell 4, Pelfrey 17, Wise 9, Pittman 12.
Estill Co. (9-11) -- Cackling 11, Hoover 19, Roberts 12, Coffey 5, Walling 2, Abernathy 2.
I believe Estill had only 20 in the fourth. I appreciate the stat lines
JOBAKKA Wrote:I believe Estill had only 20 in the fourth. I appreciate the stat lines

Good eye! I took the stats directly from the Herald Leader, but Estill's quarterly stat total is 52 - one point too many.
great game lee co..glad you came together and played well..good luck the rest of the season and the tourney
I OWN THE PAINT Wrote:powell might beat estill and owsley... congrats lee co.

lmao haha
Hey ARC; Can you post the picture on the front page of the three forks tradition today. Has a great picture of the Lee coaches with the huge reg season trophy. Wink
Congrats Lee!

ttt
ARC Wrote:ttt
Thanks ARC
Picture is worth a 1000 words
wow
Congrats Lee Co.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Hey ARC; Can you post the picture on the front page of the three forks tradition today. Has a great picture of the Lee coaches with the huge reg season trophy. Wink
Congrats on The reg. season title. Do you get to the regionals by winning the reg. season trophy?:confused:
NeerMom Wrote:Congrats on The reg. season title. Do you get to the regionals by winning the reg. season trophy?:confused:
Not sure if you get there by not winning eitherWink
NeerMom Wrote:Congrats on The reg. season title. Do you get to the regionals by winning the reg. season trophy?:confused:

Nope. Some teams have more than one goal though. Being officially recognized as the best team during regular season play in your district is one measure of success. That is why there are trophys. Estill has the same trophy from last season.
Sounded like a really good game, better watch out for these two teams in tournament time.
either estill or lee county could knock off kcc pcc or hazard on any given night..i think lee co will take the district title this year and make it to the region finals
I don't think Estill will overlook Owsley. I hope it will be Lee/Estill in the finals I think that they are by far the best to represent the 56th..Good Luck to all...
I would love to see a 56th team in the regional finals!!!
Not exactly---- but in most years it darn sure helps. It means you are the top seed in the district tournament playing the #4 seeded team. That's usually a huge advantage.

Going undefeated in district play is a great acomplisment. It's hard to not slip up at least once in district season play. Lee is to be commended imo.
Pages: 1 2 3