Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: God's Existence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I have many arguments to there being a God, but everyone please consider this one-

Some people say that it is unreasonable or illogical to believe that there's a "higher being" or a supreme creator to the universe. However, what's more illogical and unreasonable, the thought that a higher being created the universe, or the idea that our planet ended up the right distance away from the sun to support life had genetic material for life, was tilted at an angle to keep the seasons regular and to keep temperatures livable because, if there was no tilt, I believe only about half of the world surface would be livable due to extreme climates, organic matter- what gave it life? all the laws of energy, the functioning of the human body, as well as other animal bodies, and how all animals need food for energy and can consume food.

There's many more factors, so please give your opinions on whether or not there has to be a God based on all of those highly unprobable natural occurances, not just "I believe there is a God."
I believe without something there is nothing. I believe in creationism.
I believe that God made all these things this way so that we CAN live comfortably. It was His plan and He created it this way. I don't believe that it was just coincidence that the Earth has liveable conditions for us. I believe that God made the Earth and every living and non living thing on it. Nothing just happened.
torQQue Wrote:I believe without something there is nothing. I believe in creationism.

I agree with you brother, Amen. I find nothing more wonderful than knowing that I am confident in my faith. To think this world was created by accident has no merit in my eyes. To see that Mankind is the only developed creature after suppesed billions of years of eveolution that has a developed and reasoning brain does not fit into the book of Darwinism.
Wow! It's unthinkable to think of God being nonexistant. The world was going to be perfect for us until Adam & eve came along. God is perfect and he knew what he was doing when HE created the world.
TheBluesBoys Wrote:Wow! It's unthinkable to think of God being nonexistant. The world was going to be perfect for us until Adam & eve came along. God is perfect and he knew what he was doing when HE created the world.
I believe that God gave us the story of Adam and Eve (and other stories) as either a way to explain existence until we were intelligent enough to explain it ourselves and/or just as symbols. I think he put everything into motion long, long ago, and then sent His Son when He saw that the world needed direction.
I believe it took God more than 7 days to figure all of this stuff out.
The bible says that to "god" a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Why is it necessary to believe in a literal six day creation? From sun up to sun down to "god" could apparently be at least 24,000 years.
thecavemaster Wrote:The bible says that to "god" a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. Why is it necessary to believe in a literal six day creation? From sun up to sun down to "god" could apparently be at least 24,000 years.

It's explained in Genesis that it is Literal days. Thus, if you believe in what the bible says, Good took 7 days as we know them to create the earth.
Stardust Wrote:It's explained in Genesis that it is Literal days. Thus, if you believe in what the bible says, Good took 7 days as we know them to create the earth.

I thought it said "the evening and the morning were the first day" or something like that. I'm not sure that explains anything. Maybe there's some other verse or verses you're talking about.
thecavemaster Wrote:I thought it said "the evening and the morning were the first day" or something like that. I'm not sure that explains anything. Maybe there's some other verse or verses you're talking about.

http://www.elijahproject.net/aday.html

From the link, let me know your thoughts after reading it:

Interestingly, we have people in churches everywhere that are having a difficult time understanding how long ONE DAY is and of how many hours it consists....

The primary verse of scripture used by those who cannot understand the concept of "A" (singular) day is 2 Peter 3:8:

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

People constantly read this as: "One day IS EQUAL TO one thousand years", however, this is NOT the correct interpretation of this verse!............

Do you truly doubt that God could have created this world in just six 24-hour days?

If you cannot believe this, then can you truly believe that God had the power to raise the Christ from the dead on the third day? Do you believe God has the power to save you? Do you believe God has the power to raise YOU from the dead in the resurrection?

It is true that the Hebrew word "yom," which is translated as day, can sometimes refer to a general period of time, when it is used in phrases such as "in Abraham's day" or "in his grandfather's day". In these types of cases, the phrase is properly stated as "in the 24-hour days that Abraham lived".

When "yom" is preceded by a number, the word "yom" always refers to a 24-hour period.

In Genesis chapter 1, "yom" is referred to as the "first day," the "second day," the "third day," and so on.

How, then, should we understand the word "yom" as applied to creation? The complete answer is found in Genesis 1, back at the beginning and in one final passage also written in 2 Peter 3. Examine these scriptures:

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Genesis 1:13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Genesis 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Genesis 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
I would suggest that in "Joshua" time a day is a day is a day. What does "Joshua" time ("god" working within human plane) have to do with "god" time? Certainly, to me or you, on the human plane, a day is not as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. And, as far as a hour for hour, I would take Peter's statement to mean that human plane time and "god" time are utterly different, as "time" has no significance to a pre-existent, eternal being. I would think before the eating of the fruit that time was not relevant to Adam and Eve. Death makes time relevant. "They will know you by your perfect and literal understanding of the creative process"? No... "They will know you by your love." In that statement, the need to prove the unbeliever wrong or ignorant is gone. Your article falls short of that standard.
Keep in mind that evolution doesn't account for how we got here. it just accounts for what happened after we got here. which would make it compatible with religious beliefs. i personally don't accept creationism for the pure simple fact it's not science. i only accept evolution because as of right now that's the best explanation of how life has changed or is since we got here from whatever you want to think (god,big bang,etc,etc.).
On a lighter subject, since we are supposed to have evolved from apes, Why are there still apes that haven't evolved into human?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:On a lighter subject, since we are supposed to have evolved from apes, Why are there still apes that haven't evolved into human?

They had a big ape meeting, all the big chief apes were there. They decided that becoming human was a step down.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:On a lighter subject, since we are supposed to have evolved from apes, Why are there still apes that haven't evolved into human?
Ken Miller On Human Evolution

I was going to try and explain it myself but here you go Big Grin Just A Note The Scientist in this video is theisticBig Grin
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:Ken Miller On Human Evolution

I was going to try and explain it myself but here you go Big Grin Just A Note The Scientist in this video is theisticBig Grin

Which by watching yo figured out that our genes are similar and we didn't evolve from apes but our chromosomes are fused but theirs isn't. But like he said we evolved form a common ancestor we don't know what it was. but that doesn't mean we won't figure out what was the common ancestor.

Cmon Fox Sports, be real!!!! If you were an Ape, would you want to be a HUMAN!!!!! Humans are nasty, vile, uncvilized animals Big Grin

Good argument.
thecavemaster Wrote:I would suggest that in "Joshua" time a day is a day is a day. What does "Joshua" time ("god" working within human plane) have to do with "god" time? Certainly, to me or you, on the human plane, a day is not as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. And, as far as a hour for hour, I would take Peter's statement to mean that human plane time and "god" time are utterly different, as "time" has no significance to a pre-existent, eternal being. I would think before the eating of the fruit that time was not relevant to Adam and Eve. Death makes time relevant. "They will know you by your perfect and literal understanding of the creative process"? No... "They will know you by your love." In that statement, the need to prove the unbeliever wrong or ignorant is gone. Your article falls short of that standard.

I agree to disagree, and you have provided nothing that refutes the above, thus you comment is unfounded.
Ken Miller is proof that just MAYBE at least one human came from an ape.Rolleyes
First of all, I believe in creationism wholeheartedly.

Here's how I see it. If Christians are correct about God and Jesus then when they die or the rapture occurs they will go to Heaven and non-believers (atheists, evolutionis, unsaved, etc) will burn for eternity in ****.

If the non-believers are correct and there is no God, then Christians have lived a good, moral life.
ImagineThat! Wrote:First of all, I believe in creationism wholeheartedly.

Here's how I see it. If Christians are correct about God and Jesus then when they die or the rapture occurs they will go to Heaven and non-believers (atheists, evolutionis, unsaved, etc) will burn for eternity in ****.

If the non-believers are correct and there is no God, then Christians have lived a good, moral life.

So you assume automatically that just because someone accepts evolution that their go to ****. Even if they Were Believers in god. Wheres the justice or logic in that?
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:So you assume automatically that just because someone accepts evolution that their go to ****. Even if they Were Believers in god. Wheres the justice or logic in that?

It's about choice and faith. Yes, if you are a believer then you live your faith based on Bible teachings. The Bible teaches that if you are a non-beleiver you will perish (which means be eternally ****ed). So, it is fair for a believer to accept this doctrine. Is it right? It's right for that believer.

It's the same with other faiths and doctrines. Muslims, Budhasts, etc.. all have their own beliefs and believe that the other faiths or non-beleivers will suffer the same fate. So, this is nothing new in history.

For those who accept evolution, then that is their right. Is it wrong? Not to them?

You should feel comfortable with your own faiths and beleifs. If you are, then you prepare yourself for whatever happens after this life. Let's face it, there are a lot of faiths and religions. SOMEBODY is WRONG! Who? Not my battle, I have to do what is right for me and my family.

I'm a Christian. I beleive in teaching those who wish to hear the message. Too often on this and other message boards, folks want to beat somebody up verbally for their faith or beliefs. Many of those profess to be Christians. If any of them would do as their teacher Christ did, things would be much more civil. Jesus never hit anyone over the head with a rock to them them they were wrong, nor should we.
Stardust Wrote:It's about choice and faith. Yes, if you are a believer then you live your faith based on Bible teachings. The Bible teaches that if you are a non-beleiver you will perish (which means be eternally ****ed). So, it is fair for a believer to accept this doctrine. Is it right? It's right for that believer.

It's the same with other faiths and doctrines. Muslims, Budhasts, etc.. all have their own beliefs and believe that the other faiths or non-beleivers will suffer the same fate. So, this is nothing new in history.

For those who accept evolution, then that is their right. Is it wrong? Not to them?

You should feel comfortable with your own faiths and beleifs. If you are, then you prepare yourself for whatever happens after this life. Let's face it, there are a lot of faiths and religions. SOMEBODY is WRONG! Who? Not my battle, I have to do what is right for me and my family.

I'm a Christian. I beleive in teaching those who wish to hear the message. Too often on this and other message boards, folks want to beat somebody up verbally for their faith or beliefs. Many of those profess to be Christians. If any of them would do as their teacher Christ did, things would be much more civil. Jesus never hit anyone over the head with a rock to them them they were wrong, nor should we.

Thank You For Your Reply. What i was trying to get across is that if you accept evolution and your a christian you won't go to ****. Because your not saying there isn't a god. Religion and evolution are compatible because. You could say that god set this natural process in motion. Ken Miller the guy in the video i posted is a roman catholic and that's how he put it. He's one of my favorite scientists .:thumpsup:
Stardust Wrote:I agree to disagree, and you have provided nothing that refutes the above, thus you comment is unfounded.

We ALL believe as we see, perhaps we all walk according to the light we have attained to. I was not attempting, necessarily, to refute your position, only offering an alternative one. If you are suggesting that "christians" are not instructed to be known by their love, offering that this is unfounded, I don't get it.
How can you look up at the stars at night and say thats all there by accident? The big bang theory is a lie straight from ****. We are here for a purpose, not by accident.
Aslan Wrote:How can you look up at the stars at night and say thats all there by accident? The big bang theory is a lie straight from ****. We are here for a purpose, not by accident.

:AngelPray Very true
Aslan Wrote:How can you look up at the stars at night and say thats all there by accident? The big bang theory is a lie straight from ****. We are here for a purpose, not by accident.
What, genocide, or maybe famine?
DevilsWin Wrote:What, genocide, or maybe famine?

If it be Gods will, then yes, that would be our purpose
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18