Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Meeks is my dad, nuff said
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Sounds great:Thumbs: I'm excited.

I'm sorry Mr. Kimball, I owe you an apology. I'm definitely not as smart as you. So, I shouldn't be saying anything to someone of your stature. Just monitor my posts so in case I do say anything relatively smart you can congratulate me.Big Grin

I'll look at your past posts so I can see what a "real" post looks like and I can model mine after yours from now on.

I look forward to hearing your congratulations. I'm going to try really hard to impress you Wink
Yeah, you try real hard.
There's one thing I'm worried about, though. Do you think Meeks will go to the NBA Draft this year? I hope he stays, but if he has at least one more game like this, I can see him definitely going early.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Want to hear something really astounding?

Every game that Pete Maravich played during his college career was recharted.

The results were that if the 3 point rule was in effect back when played for LSU he would have averaged 13 3 point shots per game and would have averaged 57 points per game for a career.

That's right every single game that he ever played would have out shown what Meeks did tonight. Now that's what is unimaginable.

There is no way he could average that many points a game now days. The defensive intensity that players play with right now right as to what it was back then is light years apart. He prolly didn't even have a hand in his face when he was shooting. I'd take Meeks any day.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:There's one thing I'm worried about, though. Do you think Meeks will go to the NBA Draft this year? I hope he stays, but if he has at least one more game like this, I can see him definitely going early.

Yea if he keeps playing the way he is I'd say its 50/50 whether he'll stay or go. I've also heard that his parents want him to get a degree to and where him an patterson are best friends I'd say if pat stays he'll stay. If he stays pat will stay.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea if he keeps playing the way he is I'd say its 50/50 whether he'll stay or go. I've also heard that his parents want him to get a degree to and where him an patterson are best friends I'd say if pat stays he'll stay. If he stays pat will stay.

If they do leave, imagine this team next year without Meeks and Patterson! I'll have nightmares tonight.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:If they do leave, imagine this team next year without Meeks and Patterson! I'll have nightmares tonight.

Yea it would be a major blow. Patterson going pro doesn't concern me as much as meeks going pro though because of all the depth that we'll have next year down low with pilgrim an orton coming in. Go watch orton on youtube and you won't have anymore nightmares lol cause he is the man. I've heard pilgrim is a beast on the boards and that he is our second best 3 point shooter as well but we'll just have to see how that goes.
TheONLY1 Wrote:There is no way he could average that many points a game now days. The defensive intensity that players play with right now right as to what it was back then is light years apart. He prolly didn't even have a hand in his face when he was shooting. I'd take Meeks any day.

It's amazing how you little tiny kids are such experts on everything that you never saw.

Maravich would still be the single most exciting player in the game if he were playing college ball today.He was also one of the best best passers to ever play the game.
TheONLY1 Wrote:There is no way he could average that many points a game now days. The defensive intensity that players play with right now right as to what it was back then is light years apart. He prolly didn't even have a hand in his face when he was shooting. I'd take Meeks any day.

Some of you are forgetting the team concept in basketball. Now days there really isn't one, and the game has gotten way too flashy and away from the fundamentals that it had back in the good ole' days.
DALE Wrote:Some of you are forgetting the team concept in basketball. Now days there really isn't one, and the game has gotten way too flashy and away from the fundamentals that it had back in the good ole' days.

Me and you both know that if we could take any team from nowdays back in time an play one of those teams it would be a blow out. The teams nowdays are so much more athletic.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's amazing how you little tiny kids are such experts on everything that you never saw.

Maravich would still be the single most exciting player in the game if he were playing college ball today.He was also one of the best best passers to ever play the game.

I know its impossible to do but if lebron guarded pete for a game pete couldn't do anything on him. He's to slow.
PLayer Of The Year, And The Best Shooter Kentucky Has Seen Since Tony Delk
TheONLY1 Wrote:I know its impossible to do but if lebron guarded pete for a game pete couldn't do anything on him. He's to slow.
The funny thing is that Lebron is more than likely the first player you can remember watching play. How could somebody that has never seen someone play have the first clue as to how fast or slow any one is?Rolleyes

You little kids dont know a tenth of what you think you know.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The funny thing is that Lebron is more than likely the first player you can remember watching play. How could somebody that has never seen someone play have the first clue as to how fast or slow any one is?Rolleyes

You little kids dont know a tenth of what you think you know.

Well you see theres this thing calle youtube. Sooooo I went to it typed his name and it was crazy there was like all kinds of videos of ole pete. So yea I have seen him.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Well you see theres this thing calle youtube. Sooooo I went to it typed his name and it was crazy there was like all kinds of videos of ole pete. So yea I have seen him.
lol... youtube????

Yeah, well that's about what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.Big Grin I would just never think that an "expert" would actually own up to posting something like that. :lmao:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:lol... youtube????

Yeah, well that's about what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.Big Grin I would just never think that an "expert" would actually own up to posting something like that. :lmao:

What do you want me to do lol go back in time and watch it live lol. Listen you don't what your talking about. You tried to say that if he played when they had a 3 point line he would average like 50 some a game. Thats got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:PLayer Of The Year, And The Best Shooter Kentucky Has Seen Since Tony Delk

I agree 100%
TheONLY1 Wrote:What do you want me to do lol go back in time and watch it live lol. Listen you don't what your talking about. You tried to say that if he played when they had a 3 point line he would average like 50 some a game. Thats got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Here ya go!!!!

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Maravich

How stupid does it sound now? As I said, I wish you little kids knew a tenth of what you think you know.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Here ya go!!!!

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Maravich

How stupid does it sound now? As I said, I wish you little kids knew a tenth of what you think you know.

I find it hard to believe that he would of averaged 13 3's a game when in his entire NBA career when they did finally get a 3 point line he ened his career shooting 29 for a 142 which is .205 percent. Thats not a good average just incase you didn't know Wink.
TheONLY1 Wrote:I find it hard to believe that he would of averaged 13 3's a game when in his entire NBA career when they did finally get a 3 point line he ened his career shooting 29 for a 142 which is .205 percent. Thats not a good average just incase you didn't know Wink.
I dont know where you are getting your numbers. His last season in the NBA was the first year that the NBA adopted the 3 point shot. He was injured most of that season and did not play a whole lot. Yet he still hit 10 out of 15 3 point attempts while being barely able to walk. Seeing that you are probably still in elementary school and have not had too many math classes yet, I'll do the percentage for you. That comes out to a phenominal .667 percentage.

In case you didn't know that is a pretty good average. As I said , you obviously dont have the first clue as to what you are rambling on about.

BTW, please blow your nose son.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont know where you are getting your numbers. His last season in the NBA was the first year that the NBA adopted the 3 point shot. He was injured most of that season and did not play a whole lot. Yet he still hit 10 out of 15 3 point attempts while being barely able to walk. Seeing that you are probably still in elementary school and have not had too many math classes yet, I'll do the percentage for you. That comes out to a phenominal .667 percentage.

In case you didn't know that is a pretty good average. As I said , you obviously dont have the first clue as to what you are rambling on about.

BTW, please blow your nose son.

If you can show me proof for that Ill believe you.
TheONLY1 Wrote:If you can show me proof for that Ill believe you.
Once again, Here ya go.

http://www.basketballreference.com/playe...=MaravPe02
Makes me want to watch that movie again now...."Pistol Pete"...... I wasn't old enough to watch him, but have looked at stats and watched some old videos of him on the net and he was a bad cat...... I would have loved to watch him play...

For Meeks, he should definitely be in the running for player of the year.... Should be poy in the SEC, and an All American this year.....
TATE_64 Wrote:Makes me want to watch that movie again now...."Pistol Pete"...... I wasn't old enough to watch him, but have looked at stats and watched some old videos of him on the net and he was a bad cat...... I would have loved to watch him play...

For Meeks, he should definitely be in the running for player of the year.... Should be poy in the SEC, and an All American this year.....
You just cant look at old "youtube" clips and even begin to realize how talented he was.

In college, he was IMO , the most exciting player to ever play the game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Once again, Here ya go.

http://www.basketballreference.com/playe...=MaravPe02

Alright you were right but he played 964 minutes that year and only made 10 3's. In college though from what you were saying he could of average 13 3's a game. Games only 40 minutes. If he can't hit 13 3's in 964 minutes then he can't do it in 40 Wink
Pistol Pete had (28) 50 point games in College without a 3 point line... Now thats ding something.... Yeah he could have made 13 3's a game... I guess they lied on Wiepedia about Dale Brown charting his shots....
TheONLY1 Wrote:Alright you were right but he played 964 minutes that year and only made 10 3's. In college though from what you were saying he could of average 13 3's a game. Games only 40 minutes. If he can't hit 13 3's in 964 minutes then he can't do it in 40 Wink
Duh, probably because he didn't shoot the 3 but only 15 times. The Celtics were loaded with talent that year and he was not needed to shoot the ball. The thing that you dont understand either is that he may have been the best passer to ever play the game as well.Maravich in that season was strictly a roll player. Did you not comprehend that he was hurt the entire season and had to end up calling it a career after that season?

Did you not read the wikipedia link? I didn't make any of this stuff up.

Kid, you are dense.Rolleyes
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Duh, probably because he didn't shoot the 3 but only 15 times. The Celtics were loaded with talent that year and he was not needed to shoot the ball. The thing that you dont understand either is that he may have been the best passer to ever play the game as well.Maravich in that season was strictly a roll player. Did you not comprehend that he was hurt the entire season and had to end up calling it a career after that season?

Did you not read the wikipedia link? I didn't make any of this stuff up.

Kid, you are dense.Rolleyes

He played 964 minutes and only shot 15 3's. If he's hurt I know he isn't going to drive and he can't pass the ball everytime. 964 minutes is alot of playing time for what you say is 1 of the best 3pt shooters ever to just shoot it 15 times hurt or not.
TheONLY1 Wrote:He played 964 minutes and only shot 15 3's. If he's hurt I know he isn't going to drive and he can't pass the ball everytime. 964 minutes is alot of playing time for what you say is 1 of the best 3pt shooters ever to just shoot it 15 times hurt or not.

Not even going to waste any more time on you, I've proved everything I've said. You cant argue with an.........

Your from Lawrence Co. too, aren't you? Said it before, there has got to be some kind of contaminated water in Louisa.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Not even going to waste any more time on you, I've proved everything I've said. You cant argue with an.........

Your from Lawrence Co. too, aren't you? Said it before, there has got to be some kind of contaminated water in Louisa.

Contaminated water????? Your an idiot!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4