Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know if JC has completed thier schedule? If so what is it?
Still only six games as of last night.

Three district games, plus Sheldon Clark, Belfry, and Middlesboro.

Four slots still open. They've got e-mails out to the schools who also have open dates.
How would JC compare too playing Letcher Central? IMO that would be a good game.
Real Badman Wrote:How would JC compare too playing Letcher Central? IMO that would be a good game.

I hope they can get the 4 slots filled with some good quality teams. I would like to see the LCC game too, I do not know why JC is not in that district to begin with. Thanks for the information.
MonsterMan Wrote:I hope they can get the 4 slots filled with some good quality teams. I would like to see the LCC game too, I do not know why JC is not in that district to begin with. Thanks for the information.

To my knowledge, LCC was approached about this possibility and wasn't interested. It's been offered, that much is certain. I'd much rather as a JC fan play local rivalry-type games than have to go to Louisville or Cincinnati (or Canada) to find games. (I'm sure certain Highlands fans will insert their you-need-to-play-the-Bluebirds-and-St. X-and-the-Pittsburgh Steelers every week strength of schedule comments here, but that doesn't change my opinion in the least.) Perry Central has also been approached, I've been told, also not interested. I'm not saying either school is ducking us - it might be because the open weeks turned out to not be the same, I didn't get the exact reasons. I'm just saying I know it was at least offered to both schools.
Diogenes Wrote:To my knowledge, LCC was approached about this possibility and wasn't interested. It's been offered, that much is certain. I'd much rather as a JC fan play local rivalry-type games than have to go to Louisville or Cincinnati (or Canada) to find games. (I'm sure certain Highlands fans will insert their you-need-to-play-the-Bluebirds-and-St. X-and-the-Pittsburgh Steelers every week strength of schedule comments here, but that doesn't change my opinion in the least.) Perry Central has also been approached, I've been told, also not interested. I'm not saying either school is ducking us - it might be because the open weeks turned out to not be the same, I didn't get the exact reasons. I'm just saying I know it was at least offered to both schools.

Lets hope they get it fixed. Since JC now is one of the top three programs not only in East Ky but 5A state it may be hard. A few local teams for rivalry would be nice, but a couple of good tough fast teams would get us ready for the playoffs.
I think PCC only has one open date . What i hear.
I dont think perry is ducking. The coach said JC did call. But there was a problem with the date. Pcc needs to play teams such as JC. I think it would help perry in the long run. I dont know that it would help Johnson lol. Just kidding perry is a team that is on the way up. Has alot of young players that will be playing. The future is looking up.
Bell has approached JCHS about playing in 09/10. 1st meeting would be at JCHS. Still waiting to hear back from Matney. I would think this will get done soon.

Bell will play Alcoa Tn, JCHS (hopefully), Whitley, Soddy Daisey Tn., Marion Co. and Harlan Co. as non-district games.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell has approached JCHS about playing in 09/10. 1st meeting would be at JCHS. Still waiting to hear back from Matney. I would think this will get done soon.

Bell will play Alcoa Tn, JCHS (hopefully), Whitley, Soddy Daisey Tn., Marion Co. and Harlan Co. as non-district games.

Nobody will accuse Dudley of ducking anybody there.
Diogenes Wrote:To my knowledge, LCC was approached about this possibility and wasn't interested. It's been offered, that much is certain. I'd much rather as a JC fan play local rivalry-type games than have to go to Louisville or Cincinnati (or Canada) to find games. (I'm sure certain Highlands fans will insert their you-need-to-play-the-Bluebirds-and-St. X-and-the-Pittsburgh Steelers every week strength of schedule comments here, but that doesn't change my opinion in the least.) Perry Central has also been approached, I've been told, also not interested. I'm not saying either school is ducking us - it might be because the open weeks turned out to not be the same, I didn't get the exact reasons. I'm just saying I know it was at least offered to both schools.

So your saying JC can't play with the big teams week in and week out???
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell has approached JCHS about playing in 09/10. 1st meeting would be at JCHS. Still waiting to hear back from Matney. I would think this will get done soon.

Lets hope they get this worked out. This is two of the top programs in the mountains and it would help both teams prepare for playoffs.
Diogenes Wrote:Nobody will accuse Dudley of ducking anybody there.

You got that right Alcoa is pretty much a done deal. I sure hope that they get the JC game worked out. Soddy Daisey out of Chattanooga is no slouch either.
Money Maker Wrote:So your saying JC can't play with the big teams week in and week out???

I think what he was trying to say is that the travel times and expense cost for traveling would be expensive so it's not very economical. I say load it up with tough competition (the best you can find) and get ready for the second season.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think what he was trying to say is that the travel times and expense cost for traveling would be expensive so it's not very economical. I say load it up with tough competition (the best you can find) and get ready for the second season.

I agree that is why I hope Bell and JC play next season.
I would definitely pay to see Bell play JC. What teams comprise JC's district?
Dungy Wrote:I would definitely pay to see Bell play JC. What teams comprise JC's district?

Bryan Station is out to 6A, the teams left are Woodford Co, Montgomery Co and Ashland as far as I know.
I would love to see Johnson Central match up with Ironton and/ot Logan from here in Ohio.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I would love to see Johnson Central match up with Ironton and/ot Logan from here in Ohio.

As would I. my Tigers and Logan may be a little to strong for Johnson Central.
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:As would I. my Tigers and Logan may be a little to strong for Johnson Central.
I think they both would be good games. J.C. would gain a ton by playing those two teams I.M.O.
Isn't Angle for Logan a junior this year?
He will be a sr. in 2009.
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree that is why I hope Bell and JC play next season.

Gates would be low at other games in E. Ky on this night if it happened. That'd be an awesome game to watch!
YOURTIGERBAIT Wrote:As would I. my Tigers and Logan may be a little to strong for Johnson Central.

I know that Ironton had been asked to play the past couple of years, but turned us down. I think this would be a great game and would attract a huge crowd. I don't know about Logan. That'd be a pretty good drive between the 2 towns.
Keepnitreal Wrote:I know that Ironton had been asked to play the past couple of years, but turned us down. I think this would be a great game and would attract a huge crowd. I don't know about Logan. That'd be a pretty good drive between the 2 towns.
That's why you play it on Sat at 6pm where it is the only game in town. This game should draw a large crowd.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:That's why you play it on Sat at 6pm where it is the only game in town. This game should draw a large crowd.

I know JC's still looking to fill some dates. Maybe someone could get this info. to the respective coaching staff's. Would make a great potential opponent for our bowl game!
According to the O.H.S.A.A. page these teams are open week one.

WEEK ONE Friday Aug. 28, 2009
V Indianapolis (IN) Lawrence North (DI enrollment) Contact Jim Zeller, [email]jameszeller@msdlt.k12.in.us[/email] (2 year contract) 11/19/2008
V Columbus St. Charles (H, 2 year contract) 11/20/2008
V Columbus Bishop Watterson 12/01/2008
V Middletown Madison 12/08/2008
V Youngstown Ursuline 12/08/2008
V Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary 12/12/2008
V Hazard (KY) Perry County Central (2 year contract) Part of TECO Coal Commodore Bowl, stipend and t-shirts included. Contact Bert Browne, 606-439-5888 12/16/2008
V Columbus South (2 year contract) 12/19/2008
V Stewart Federal Hocking 01/06/2009
V Youngstown Cardinal Mooney 01/09/2009
V Heath

Of that list the best bet would be to try and play Columbus Bishop Watterson. They are d-2(might drop to 3 this year)and they do travel.

when and where is the alcoa tn game?
cuppett777 Wrote:when and where is the alcoa tn game?

The Alcoa game will be at Bell Co. The only thing that they are waiting on is to find another team to play Middlesboro in the other game.
I spoke yesterday with someone that I consider a good source of information that Bell County sent Johnson Central a contract that will have them playing next year at Johnson Central and the following year at Bell County.
Pages: 1 2 3