Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region All "A"-Who wins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone beat Shelby Valley??
What are your thoughts?
If anyone has a chance its betsy lane
Is the schedule posted
Shelby Valley's to lose...
When Shelby Valley is playing well... it will be ALMOST impossible for anyone (in the 15th) to knock them off.

I was worried after Friday night, but it seemed after the trip to North Laurel that everything is getting back to the way it was during the first few games of the season.
Should be a pretty interesting tourney but you have to pick Valley to win
Cannot find the bracket on the All A website. But I'm pretty sure Betsy Layne was in the top of the bracket with Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg got a bye as they will play the winner between Sheldon Clark & South Floyd.

The tourney is Valley's to lose, but don't sleep on Betsy Layne or Prestonsburg.
Ill take Shelby Valley...but not without some battles along the way.
Valley.
Shelby Valley should take the 15th All A. and make a run on the state. They had better play tough every night, they have a bulls eye on thier back that is getting bigger with every game.
SV
shelby valley should win but if they dont come to play then ill take bl to upset them in the first round....if that happens it would be a all 58th final
What is the enrollment at SV? Why are the bigger schools allowed in the all A?
did everyone see the betsy layen valley game the other night blhs had valled down and the game was betsy laynes they will win the all A
TheRealVille Wrote:What is the enrollment at SV? Why are the bigger schools allowed in the all A?

LOLOLOL.... MANY, and I mean MANY have asked the same question!!! There is no way that Valley (and I am by no means knocking Valley) has as low enrollment as Pikeville, Paintsville, Phelps, etc.
How DO they base who gets in the "All A"??
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Cannot find the bracket on the All A website. But I'm pretty sure Betsy Layne was in the top of the bracket with Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg got a bye as they will play the winner between Sheldon Clark & South Floyd.

The tourney is Valley's to lose, but don't sleep on Betsy Layne or Prestonsburg.

Here is the link to the bracket...

http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf

And I think the tournament hinges on how Elisha's injured shoulder (hopefully) continues to improve. If he is closer to 100% by next Friday, then no one else has a chance. But if he is still hesitant and not yet confident in his play, then SV could slip up.
phs1986 Wrote:LOLOLOL.... MANY, and I mean MANY have asked the same question!!! There is no way that Valley (and I am by no means knocking Valley) has as low enrollment as Pikeville, Paintsville, Phelps, etc.
How DO they base who gets in the "All A"??

SV's enrollment is low enough to meet the criteria of the sponsors of this tournament. It is a little different than what the khsaa uses for their football classifications, which is why there are some schools that can be 2A in football but class A for this particular tournament. There is nothing shady about it.

Anyone who would consider SV a "big" school really needs to look at the enrollment figures again. SV is 2A in football, but their enrollment would put them in the lower part of that class. Their numbers are a lot closer to a school like Pikeville than you might think.
Phelps...
Valley
If SV is going to be the 15th Region favorite, then they sure should be the 15th Region All-A favorite as well. Anything less would make no sense. But they still have to play the games and prove they are the best. We all remember the upset by Pikeville last year. Anything can happen. But I think that Valley would have to be the favorite this year. There is no equal like Paintsville was to them last year.
Valley as the winner and pburg the sleeper
Isnt Pike central in it?
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Isnt Pike central in it?

Only 1A & 2A schools are eligible to play in the All "A" Classic.

Pike Central is 3A.
I think Paintsville has a shot.
the way the bracket is, the finals will be shelby valley and phelps/prestonsburg. i think betsy layne will be beat out by SV in the first round, so that knocks them off. (but you never know! like everyone is saying, it's SV's to lose!) but that's just my opinion.
Shelby Valley will win, and win each game by double digits.

I'd like to hear some reasoning behind why people are voting for others (Phelps, Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg)
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley will win, and win each game by double digits.

I'd like to hear some reasoning behind why people are voting for others (Phelps, Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg)

School pride.

I did vote for Valley though, but would love to see Pburg knock off SV.
I believe Shelby Valley wins the 15th Region All A.

Several games the last fews weeks have resulted in a lower double-digit victory than expected, nevertheless, the victories have been by double digits.

The injury to Justice, which occured before Christmas, has not only been an injury that he has had to recover from; this injury has also affected the entire SV team, and it seems as though the team has been in a recovery mode.

A few games, Hatfield has carried the team.

But after last Saturday night at North Laurel, Justice went for 27 points, the team played as good as they have since before the injury, and was up 28-9 at the end of the first qtr. They coasted from there (even though I would like to see this team develop a killer instinct on the court, and put teams away).

Anyone can be beat on a given night; but it is amazing all the negative comments concerning SV which I have heard since the Jan 1, when they stared playing locally again; they are trying to play thru EJs injury, and I believe they are almost 100% again.
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley will win, and win each game by double digits.

One, because we support the team and the school that we are apart of. Second, because this is a tournement. Anything can possibly happen.
Big Grin
Pages: 1 2