Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region All "A" Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Valley, Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Paintsville, Pikeville, Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, and Phelps are all in it this year. I think we can all say the same thing Valley is the favorite as they were a year ago but got knocked off by I believe it was Pikeville. Does anyone know who PBURG will play and why Valley, PBURG, and SC 2A and 3A schools are all in the All "A"?
The All 'A' Classic (both regional and state) is not run by the KHSAA, therefore the sponsors can invite whomever they choose. That's why schools such as Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley participate, because they were invited.

Prestonsburg drew a bye in the first round and will play the winner of the South Floyd/Sheldon Clark game. Here is a link to the bracket:

http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The All 'A' Classic (both regional and state) is not run by the KHSAA, therefore the sponsors can invite whomever they choose. That's why schools such as Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley participate, because they were invited.

Prestonsburg drew a bye in the first round and will play the winner of the South Floyd/Sheldon Clark game. Here is a link to the bracket:

http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf

Thanks I didn't know how that worked. Thanks for the link I had not herd who PHS played or if they drew a bye the KHSAA website had them as a TBA so I figured we had a bye.
Last year there was an article that explained how the "All A" works. If I remember correctly- there is a set number of teams (130 I think) and the smallest 130 schools are invited to participate. I'm not sure if they use the schools total enrollment, girls only for the girls and boys only for the boys or certain grade levels. I know at one time some schools were in one year and out the next because of fluctuating enrollment. Participation is optional- I know SF competes in Baskebtall but I don't recall them competing in Baseball in the last 5-6 years. Regions 1, 14 and 15 have the largest number of eligible schools (10-11). Some regions have as few as 4 teams.
Nice to see the All A at the expo, not at some high school so there won't be any controversy like last year.
If SV wasn't in it, it would be a very interesting tournament to watch, but since the Wildcats are in it, they should win easily.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If SV wasn't in it, it would be a very interesting tournament to watch, but since the Wildcats are in it, they should win easily.

Very true, not a whole lot of competition in the 15th for Valley to compete against.
yea i agree sv's biggest test in this tournament if u can even call a 15th region game a test for them is in the first round aginst bl
jolly rancher Wrote:yea i agree sv's biggest test in this tournament if u can even call a 15th region game a test for them is in the first round aginst bl

No one will come within 20 points of Valley in the All A.

Mark my word!
its very possible that they wont i wasnt saying betsy layne would give them a good game i was just saying they would give them a better game then ne one else in the tournament would
gotcha2 Wrote:Last year there was an article that explained how the "All A" works. If I remember correctly- there is a set number of teams (130 I think) and the smallest 130 schools are invited to participate. I'm not sure if they use the schools total enrollment, girls only for the girls and boys only for the boys or certain grade levels. I know at one time some schools were in one year and out the next because of fluctuating enrollment. Participation is optional- I know SF competes in Baskebtall but I don't recall them competing in Baseball in the last 5-6 years. Regions 1, 14 and 15 have the largest number of eligible schools (10-11). Some regions have as few as 4 teams.

Based on enrollment in grades 10-12.
jolly rancher Wrote:its very possible that they wont i wasnt saying betsy layne would give them a good game i was just saying they would give them a better game then ne one else in the tournament would

I've watched Betsy Layne play, and if you have a low post presence you will beat them because LeMaster eat BL alive when they played Magoffin.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've watched Betsy Layne play, and if you have a low post presence you will beat them because LeMaster eat BL alive when they played Magoffin.

lemaster had a good game but it wasnt even from the inside he hit four threes if i remember currectly......bl will be just fine inside with newman and tackett and tibbs and they will definetly be better when josh head gets back.........yea im sure a post player like devon adams would hurt bl inside but he would hurt anybody theres no post player outside of maybe hunter crowder in the 58th that will give bl trouble
jolly rancher Wrote:lemaster had a good game but it wasnt even from the inside he hit four threes if i remember currectly......bl will be just fine inside with newman and tackett and tibbs and they will definetly be better when josh head gets back.........yea im sure a post player like devon adams would hurt bl inside but he would hurt anybody theres no post player outside of maybe hunter crowder in the 58th that will give bl trouble

Pburgs post players are much more agressive and much bigger than BL's.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pburgs post players are much more agressive and much bigger than BL's.

last year prestonsburg had a post game in nathaniel stephens this year they dont....im sorry pburg is a pretty good team but not because of their post players its becuase of tackett and burchett
jolly rancher Wrote:last year prestonsburg had a post game in nathaniel stephens this year they dont....im sorry pburg is a pretty good team but not because of their post players its becuase of tackett and burchett

They had a post game with Stephens? lol, he only averaged around 8 points a game.

This years team is much better down low with Patrick, Gearheart, Tincher and Setser.

But we will just find out who is the better team come Tuesday.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They had a post game with Stephens? lol, he only averaged around 8 points a game.

This years team is much better down low with Patrick, Gearheart, Tincher and Setser.

i dont think u have a true post player in any of the four you mentioned their athletic kids but that dosnt make u a good basketball player........and i agree we will im sure the bobcats will be 5-0 come tuesday night
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They had a post game with Stephens? lol, he only averaged around 8 points a game.

Exactly, Stephens had to work the low post by himself this year Patrick has Setser, Tincher, and Gearheart to replace him and were as BL has only 2 post players PHS has 4 so PHS will be much fresher and ALOT quicker.
btw i rlly dont like the idea of the all a being at the expo the high school gym atmosphere is wayyy better
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Exactly, Stephens had to work the low post by himself this year Patrick has Setser, Tincher, and Gearheart to replace him and were as BL has only 2 post players PHS has 4 so PHS will be much fresher and ALOT quicker.

BL has atleast 6 post players. head, tackett, tibbs, newman, stumbo, adkins, newsom. all can play the post.
I'm going to say it will be Valley and Sheldon Clark or P'burg in the Championship game
jolly rancher Wrote:its very possible that they wont i wasnt saying betsy layne would give them a good game i was just saying they would give them a better game then ne one else in the tournament would

Are you kidding me? none will come withing 20 to even 30 points of valley.
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:Are you kidding me? none will come withing 20 to even 30 points of valley.

did i say they would? no .....i dont think ne one will play sv close i was just sayin that bl is the best team in the all a division besides sv and there is a huge gap between the two
i belive SV has to be the favorite in the tournement
I agree 100% they are the favorite to win region and they could win the All "A" state championship.
What teams will be in the 15th region all a?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What teams will be in the 15th region all a?

VALLEY
PRESTONSBURG
ALLEN CENTRAL
SHELDON CLARK
BETSY LAYNE
PAINTSVILLE
PIKEVILLE
PHELPS
SOUTH FLOYD
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:VALLEY
PRESTONSBURG
ALLEN CENTRAL
SHELDON CLARK
BETSY LAYNE
PAINTSVILLE
PIKEVILLE
PHELPS
SOUTH FLOYD

WOW...... Do you know what potenial good/elite teams will probably make it to the state all a?
Here is where you can go to see all the teams in the All "A".

http://allaclassic.org/
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:WOW...... Do you know what potenial good/elite teams will probably make it to the state all a?

The All-A Classic should be renamed the East Kentucky Showcase this year! Big Grin

The best three teams in the All-A will be coming from the 14-16th regions, with Hazard, Shelby Valley, and Elliot Co. all having fairly easy paths to the state tourney. Depending on the draw, we could have an all-mountain final.

I would rank the best All-A teams as follows:

1) Elliott Co.
2) Shelby Valley
3) Hazard
4) Bardstown

After that, who knows? Most years you would put University Heights up there, but I haven't heard much from them this year.
Pages: 1 2 3