Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region All "A" Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:VALLEY
PRESTONSBURG
ALLEN CENTRAL
SHELDON CLARK
BETSY LAYNE
PAINTSVILLE
PIKEVILLE
PHELPS
SOUTH FLOYD

I'm an idiot for not scrolling up to the first post Rolleyes Thanks though.
More Cowbell Wrote:The All-A Classic should be renamed the East Kentucky Showcase this year! Big Grin

The best three teams in the All-A will be coming from the 14-16th regions, with Hazard, Shelby Valley, and Elliot Co. all having fairly easy paths to the state tourney. Depending on the draw, we could have an all-mountain final.

I would rank the best All-A teams as follows:

1) Elliott Co.
2) Shelby Valley
3) Hazard
4) Bardstown

After that, who knows? Most years you would put University Heights up there, but I haven't heard much from them this year.

I would love to seeElliot and Valley. As I am sure the whole region would. They would be a good measuring stick for this Valley team.
jolly rancher Wrote:did i say they would? no .....i dont think ne one will play sv close i was just sayin that bl is the best team in the all a division besides sv and there is a huge gap between the two

bl is not the secound best team. Prestonsburg is.
i guess those questions will be answered tuesday
jolly rancher Wrote:i guess those questions will be answered tuesday

No doubt we will see! Big Grin
I believe that Bl and P-burg are very close and will give P-burg the slight favor because I feel that they are more athletic then Bl
jolly rancher Wrote:yea i agree sv's biggest test in this tournament if u can even call a 15th region game a test for them is in the first round aginst bl

how did they get so good in the off season?? last year they were really down
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The All 'A' Classic (both regional and state) is not run by the KHSAA, therefore the sponsors can invite whomever they choose. That's why schools such as Sheldon Clark, Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley participate, because they were invited.

Prestonsburg drew a bye in the first round and will play the winner of the South Floyd/Sheldon Clark game. Here is a link to the bracket:

http://www.allaclassic.org/Boys%20Bracke...ackets.pdf
This is the correct bracket but it says girls bracket at the top when you go to it.
I'd Say Phelps And Valley In The Championship
HORNET POWER Wrote:I'd Say Phelps And Valley In The Championship

And I'd say your wrong. Prestonsburg or Sheldon Clark vs Valley in the finals.
At this point I do not see Prestonsburg in the finals...of course things can change throughout a season...
Valley Will Win State In All A......
It will come down to SV and Phelps with SV winning by ever how many they want to. I do think Paintsville will beat Pikeville before SV kills the young Tigers. SV should bring the All A back home good Luck Wildcats or by chance whoever makes it. You never know good luck to all the teams.
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:And I'd say your wrong. Prestonsburg or Sheldon Clark vs Valley in the finals.

phelps beat sheldon clark at sheldon clark at the fast lane classic. the score was reset at half time but the scores added together, pehlps won.
More Cowbell Wrote:The All-A Classic should be renamed the East Kentucky Showcase this year! Big Grin

The best three teams in the All-A will be coming from the 14-16th regions, with Hazard, Shelby Valley, and Elliot Co. all having fairly easy paths to the state tourney. Depending on the draw, we could have an all-mountain final.

1) Elliott Co.
2) Shelby Valley
3) Hazard
4) Bardstown

After that, who knows? Most years you would put University Heights up there, but I haven't heard much from them this year.

Elliot Co. is not by any means better than Shelby Valley
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Elliot Co. is not by any means better than Shelby Valley

Then you would be in a minority opinion there. The state's largest newspapers, the Courier-Journal and the Herald-Leader, both have Elliott ranked ahead of SV, as does our very own BGR Top 20 ranking.

Shelby Valley has certainly had some impressive wins so far, but Elliott Co. started out ranked ahead of SV and has shown no reason why they should be dropped. I am an SV fan myself, but you have to give Elliott their due respect.
More Cowbell Wrote:Then you would be in a minority opinion there. The state's largest newspapers, the Courier-Journal and the Herald-Leader, both have Elliott ranked ahead of SV, as does our very own BGR Top 20 ranking.

Shelby Valley has certainly had some impressive wins so far, but Elliott Co. started out ranked ahead of SV and has shown no reason why they should be dropped. I am an SV fan myself, but you have to give Elliott their due respect.

I agree with you there, but IMO Shelby Valley is a better team and will end up being ranked higher than Elliot County. Elliot County is one of the states better teams but IMO Valley is better.
EKU99 Wrote:phelps beat sheldon clark at sheldon clark at the fast lane classic. the score was reset at half time but the scores added together, pehlps won.

After the scores was reset Phelps only ended up winning by 2
i doubt Sheldon Clark making it to finals. senior captain Brady horn is out with a torn acl.
Looking at the brackets, Shelby Valley should win the top bracket and Prestonsburg the lower bracket and would meet in the finals...with Shelby Valley the winner.
KentuckyGent44 Wrote:Looking at the brackets, Shelby Valley should win the top bracket and Prestonsburg the lower bracket and would meet in the finals...with Shelby Valley the winner.

Good possibility
Brossart is starting to find themselve with stellar defense. I look for Brossart to put themselves right back into the thick of things.
^ Brossart is not in the 15th
They intended this to be for the really small schools, but as usual it was messed up by a few playing politics again...
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:Valley, Prestonsburg, Sheldon Clark, Paintsville, Pikeville, Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, and Phelps are all in it this year. I think we can all say the same thing Valley is the favorite as they were a year ago but got knocked off by I believe it was Pikeville. Does anyone know who PBURG will play and why Valley, PBURG, and SC 2A and 3A schools are all in the All "A"?

Don't think that I'd agree with that statement. I believe that Paintsville would have had to be at worst a co-favorite if not the favorite last year. And not only did the Tigers win the All A but they won the region too!

But this is another year, and if any team is within 20 points of Valley this year, then Valley doesn't deserve it. If Elisha were to still be out at this point, then I still thing Valley would have to be the favorite, but the margin might be much closer.

1) Elliott Co.
2) Shelby Valley
3) Hazard
4) Bardstown

bardstowns with some strong teams this year... idk bout this :/
BardstownTigers Wrote:bardstowns with some strong teams this year... idk bout this :/

I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you disagreeing that I have Bardstown winning their region, because you are saying there are other strong teams in that region? Or do you disagree that I have Bardstown at #4, and think they should be higher?
Phelps has a great chance to making it to the finals, and of course, shelby valley should take the top bracket and win the whole thing. I think if Phelps plays great ball, they will make it to the finals. But only time will tell!
pburgcatsfan65:
Are you kidding me? none will come withing 20 to even 30 points of valley.

Have u ever heard of an upset?? SV can get beat...they are not great. Yes around here they maybe considered great, take them out of the 15th and they are just as bad as.......SOUTH FLOYD.....
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:pburgcatsfan65:
Are you kidding me? none will come withing 20 to even 30 points of valley.

Have u ever heard of an upset?? SV can get beat...they are not great. Yes around here they maybe considered great, take them out of the 15th and they are just as bad as.......SOUTH FLOYD.....

Smile Wow. That is a good one right there, I don't care who you are!
Pages: 1 2 3