Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Moutain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mountain Top 10
1. Shelby Valley
2. Corbin
3. Hazard
4. Knott County Central
5. South Laurel
6. Perry County Central
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Clay County
10. Allen Central

13th - 4
14th - 4
15th - 2

Bubble Teams:
Harlan County
Knox Central
JBS
Middlesboro
Whitley Conty
Here's my mountain top 10:

1 Corbin
2 Shelby Valley
3 Hazard
4 South Laurel
5 Perry County Central
6 Knott County Central
7 Clay County
8 Bell County
9 Lee County
10 Letcher County Central
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Here's my mountain top 10:

1 Corbin
2 Shelby Valley
3 Hazard
4 South Laurel
5 Perry County Central
6 Knott County Central
7 Clay County
8 Bell County
9 Lee County
10 Letcher County Central

no way....... KCC is definitely above PCC, seriously.
The King Wrote:Mountain Top 10
1. Shelby Valley
2. Corbin
3. Hazard
4. Knott County Central
5. South Laurel
6. Perry County Central
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Clay County
10. Allen Central

13th - 4
14th - 4
15th - 2

Bubble Teams:
Harlan County
Knox Central
JBS
Middlesboro
Whitley Conty

Allen Central will be lucky to be top 5 in the 15th.
PATS2011 Wrote:no way....... KCC is definitely above PCC, seriously.
Maybe.
That was one I had to think about for a bit. With the addition of Cox to the Pats to go along with Stamper, you may be right. But PCC won't be a pushover either. It will be interesting to see the results when they do play.
NEXT Wrote:Allen Central will be lucky to be top 5 in the 15th.

I agree they are way down. They have already lost a game how can they be in the top10? Well looks like another Mounain Top 10 just like football having undefeated team ranked lower that teams who have lost by large margins early in the season already. (AC vs PCC 80-55 @ AC)
It wouldn't surprise me if WYMT was just looking for another 15th region team to put in the top 10. Truth is, I'm not sure any other 15th region team deserves to be in the Top 15 in in the mountains...
All seem to deserve some ranking, but till after 10 games we won't know exactly how these teams stack up. Would want to make this list with all players playing, meaning see these teams with their football players, for the ones that don't have theirs. Good luck to all and should be a great season!!!
I dont believe Corbin has a better team than Hazard. I also think that Perry Central should be above Knott central. Valley was a good pick for the one spot tho IMO.
pike co central should be in the top 10 soon after killing #10 Allen Central
kj52 Wrote:pike co central should be in the top 10 soon after killing #10 Allen Central
Maybe Allen Central is not really a top 10 team. Maybe not even a top 20.

I agree with Memorial Gym # 5. A true ranking can't be seen until sometime in January. By then things should adjust themselves to the point of getting a good idea of who is deserving.
1-Shelby Valley
2-Hazard
3-Corbin
4-South Laurel
5-PCC
6-KCC
7-Bell
8-Clay
9-Letcher
10-Lee
1A. Shelby Valley
1B. Hazard
2. Corbin
3. Perry Central
4. Clay Co
5. Letcher
6. Knott
7. South Laural
8. Harlan Co.
The King Wrote:Mountain Top 10
1. Shelby Valley
2. Corbin
3. Hazard
4. Knott County Central
5. South Laurel
6. Perry County Central
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Clay County
10. Allen Central

13th - 4
14th - 4
15th - 2

Bubble Teams:
Harlan County
Knox Central
JBS
Middlesboro
Whitley Conty

After watching the games at Clay co last
friday night noway Clay co should be in the
top ten.
Knox central the way they played friday
night they will not make the top ten this year
i dont see how Knox or Clay are even in the top ten
in the 13th region this year both teams have a long
way to go this year both teams lost some very good
players from last years teams good luck to all teams
in the state of Kentucky this year .
but thats why they play the game to see who the better
team is come MARCH .
1-Hazard.
2-Shelby Valley
3-Corbin
4-South Laurel
5-KCC
6-Bell
7-PCC
8-Letcher
9-Clay
10-Lee
Spartan4Life Wrote:1-Hazard.
2-Shelby Valley
3-Corbin
4-South Laurel
5-KCC
6-Bell
7-PCC
8-Letcher
9-Clay
10-Lee

So, Valley beat Hazard in a scrimmage and you're gonna put Hazard at #1?
PC_You_Know Wrote:So, Valley beat Hazard in a scrimmage and you're gonna put Hazard at #1?
Hazard had key basketball players not playing in that game.Their football players were out , that has to be considered.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Hazard had key basketball players not playing in that game.Their football players were out , that has to be considered.

Did they have Tate? If so there's no reason for them to be hurting in the game. They were okay without him last year, and with him playing doesn't that equal out?
kj52 Wrote:pike co central should be in the top 10 soon after killing #10 Allen Central
well if pike central deserves 2 be in the top 10, then phelps needs 2 be in the top 5 atleast.
Whitley is gonna play better than most people think. They just lost to south laurel in a VERY close game 63-69. But they were only down by 2 with a little over a minute left. Good game
glad to see lee co is up there in the top 10 this year....these lists are pretty even give a take a few teams
1. Shelby Valley
2. Hazard
3. Corbin
4. Knott County Central
5. South Laurel
6. Perry County Central
7. Bell County
8. Letcher Central
9. Pikeville
10. Prestonsburg
chrissy23 Wrote:well if pike central deserves 2 be in the top 10, then phelps needs 2 be in the top 5 atleast.

lets not go that far. yeah they beat pcc but neither should be in the top 10. The only team from the 15th that should be there is Shelby Valley and possibly Pikeville.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Did they have Tate? If so there's no reason for them to be hurting in the game. They were okay without him last year, and with him playing doesn't that equal out?

?????
Um, if you are referring to Tate Cox, he plays for Knott Central not Hazard lol
runninrebs21 Wrote:Um, if you are referring to Tate Cox, he plays for Knott Central not Hazard lol

My bad, he was supposed to go to like 20 different schools, never did get where he went straight.
Knott should move up to 2 or 3 due to Hazard's forfeit to PCC. Knott is definatley deserving of a top 3 spot after going into LCC and pulling off a 10 point win. I dont know if anyone in the mountains will be able to stop to backcourt of Tate Cox and Stuart Stamper.
The only response that I would have this early in the season is that SV would have to be ranked #1. Most of the rest of the top 10 deserve to be there, but the order may not be exactly as I would put them. But it is too early to tell right now.
alckuckler03 Wrote:Knott should move up to 2 or 3 due to Hazard's forfeit to PCC. Knott is definatley deserving of a top 3 spot after going into LCC and pulling off a 10 point win. I dont know if anyone in the mountains will be able to stop to backcourt of Tate Cox and Stuart Stamper.

Why does everyone think they can;t be stopped? Elisha has played great D against Cox before in AAU ball, the same being with Whittaker from Hazard. Everyone says these two can;t be stopped, fellows, Elisha Justice is one of the best defenders in the state.
chrissy23 Wrote:well if pike central deserves 2 be in the top 10, then phelps needs 2 be in the top 5 atleast.

After shooting 49 free throws? No way.
Pages: 1 2