Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is the best coach in the 15th region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coach Randy Anderson of Lawrence County
LCthug Wrote:Coach Randy Anderson of Lawrence County

yeah i would have to say the same about that
William Newsome JR. of Betsy Layne is the best coach in the region hands down.
Booher from Valley.
Jr. Newsome at Betsy Layne. No Doubt.
Gary Fields , Pike Central.
Booher! Hands down!
A lot of great coaches in the 15th have retired in the past 5 years. Rodney Rowe, BMR, Johnny Martin.

I do not think there is a current coach in the 15th with a region title other than Booher from SV and a lot of the others are unproven commodities. Booher can coach but I'll make a real decision on him after this current group at SV is gone.

Randy Casey(Belfry), Jason Booher(SV), and Bart Williams(Pikeville) are the top 3 and I dont even see how anyone can debate that.

After that throw the names in a hat and pick one.
Randy Anderson is a great coach. In 2005 he won the first district title lawrence county has ever one. He ended up getting defeated by Rown county in the regional simfinals to a team that ended up winning it all. I remmeber the game like it was yesterday and freethrows was the difference of the game. Hes been down the past few years with young talent but i think the dogs get back to winning ways this year and make some noise at the expo center.
I will second that of the top three being Booher, Case and Williams. Like stated, other than those three, it's like drawing names out of a hat.
Will Put Jr. Newsome's Record Up Against Anyone In The 15th.
Booher - Valley
Booooher
NEXT Wrote:A lot of great coaches in the 15th have retired in the past 5 years. Rodney Rowe, BMR, Johnny Martin.

I do not think there is a current coach in the 15th with a region title other than Booher from SV and a lot of the others are unproven commodities. Booher can coach but I'll make a real decision on him after this current group at SV is gone.

Randy Casey(Belfry), Jason Booher(SV), and Bart Williams(Pikeville) are the top 3 and I dont even see how anyone can debate that.

are you forgetting about Jr. Newsome of Betsy Layne. .his records are better than anyones..no doubt. and he has won like 3 or 4 regional titles.
coach cambell from phelps. look what hes did with phelps in the time hes been there. no recruits. just program building.
mjballer23 Wrote:Randy Anderson is a great coach. In 2005 he won the first district title lawrence county has ever one. He ended up getting defeated by Rown county in the regional simfinals to a team that ended up winning it all. I remmeber the game like it was yesterday and freethrows was the difference of the game. Hes been down the past few years with young talent but i think the dogs get back to winning ways this year and make some noise at the expo center.

Couldn't have said it better myself...young talent is the epitome of LC right now..wait until we have about 8 or 9 juniors and seniors..look out RUPP..HERE WE COME!!!
booher is not the best coach.... any good coach would build a team up. booher left belfry because he said they didnt have a chance to win a championship
What about Jack Pack from Prestonsburg. Jack is a very good basketball coach.
I'm not guite sure what Coach Williams has on his resume to be getting all of this praise. Could someone help me out here and tell me what has gotten him a top three coach in the 15th!!! Coach West would get my vote for top 3, gets more out of his talent than anybody in the region.
NEXT Wrote:A lot of great coaches in the 15th have retired in the past 5 years. Rodney Rowe, BMR, Johnny Martin.

Newsome from Betsy Layne has a couple of Regional Championships!
ACB&JAM Wrote:booher is not the best coach.... any good coach would build a team up. booher left belfry because he said they didnt have a chance to win a championship

Booher left Belfry to take over at Shelby Valley...Shelby Valley is a basketball school and Belfry is a football school...Makes sense to me...
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Newsome from Betsy Layne has a couple of Regional Championships!

I stand corrected.

How long ago?
Jason Booher, definitely because of what he and the SV program has done in the past few years. But I wouldn't leave Jack Pack out of the mix, he's definitely a great coach.
I would have to agree with the guy that said why Williams in the top 3??? Not sure I agree with that one.

As for Anderson from LC, he seems like a super nice guy and I love the respect he seems to demand from his boys, but he doesn't appear to do much coaching at all during the game. :confused:

Booher is a great coach and all, but just because you win a 15th Region title doesn't necessarily mean you are the best coach, IMO. Coach Booher has some real talent there...
Tommy Mckenzie is the best coach by far.
He is new coming in with his second year as head coach and is doing a great job with handling the players and his job!!!
Be being a Valley fan and all I suppose to say Booher. But in my opinion he is not the best coach. I have personally played under him, when he was just an assistant coach for the SV girls, and he didn't impress me much. He had some ideas, but nothing to brag about. Booher is not as good as his teams make him look. He has been handed some of the best teams, he just got lucky. Rodney Rowe was an awesome coach and Booher swooped in on that team. Then Greg Newsome and Robert Newsome got these boys were they are today. Booher just gets the credit because he is the head coach.
NEXT Wrote:I stand corrected.

How long ago?

Junior Newsome led Betsy Layne to regional titles in 1976 and 1980.
hot wheels Wrote:I'm not guite sure what Coach Williams has on his resume to be getting all of this praise. Could someone help me out here and tell me what has gotten him a top three coach in the 15th!!! Coach West would get my vote for top 3, gets more out of his talent than anybody in the region.

I can't figure out what you are talking about! If you take Williams out and put West in? What has he done that Williams hasn't? Just trying to figure out your logic. :Hammer3: There are many good coaches in the 15th not great ones.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I can't figure out what you are talking about! If you take Williams out and put West in? What has he done that Williams hasn't? Just trying to figure out your logic. :Hammer3: There are many good coaches in the 15th not great ones.

I have to agree with you 100%.

To me the last great coach in the 15th retired last year. He could flat out get the job done!
Well i think the 2 great ones both stopped coaching this past year. Coach Johnny Martin and Bill Mike Runyon. By far the best 2 in the 15th Region, sad to see them go.
Pages: 1 2