Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Nov. 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[SIZE=5]BGR's EKY Top 20 (Week 12)

1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Raceland
6. Whitley County
7. Breathitt County
8. Mason County
9. Ashland Blazer
10. Prestonsburg
11. Estill County
12. Knox Central
13. Russell
14. Letcher County Central
15. Rockcastle County
16. Pulaski County
17. Middlesboro
18. Sheldon Clark
19. Williamsburg
20. Hazard

Others Receiving Votes: (Harlan County, Boyd County, Southwestern)
[/SIZE]

These are the last rankings of the 2008 season!

Discuss Below...
Pre-season Rankings-----Final Rankings

1. Belfry------------------------1. Bell County
2. Bell County-------------------2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central--------------3. Johnson Central
4. Russell-----------------------4. Corbin
5. Breathitt County--------------5. Raceland
6. Pulaski County----------------6. Whitley County
7. Hazard-----------------------7. Breathitt County
8. Corbin------------------------8. Mason County
9. Prestonsburg------------------9. Ashland Blazer
10. Letcher County Central-------10. Prestonsburg
11. Raceland---------------------11. Estill County
12. Knox Central-----------------12. Knox Central
13. Harlan County----------------13. Russell
14. Clay County------------------14. Letcher County Central
15. Middlesboro------------------15. Rockcastle County
16. Mason County----------------16. Pulaski County
17. Sheldon Clark-----------------17. Middlesboro
18. South Laurel------------------18. Sheldon Clark
19. Southwestern-----------------19. Williamsburg
20. Pikeville-----------------------20. Hazard
Whys Prestonsburg So Low--- There 9-1
Their ranked #10. Who above them do you think they can beat? I'll give you Breathitt, because of the early season win, but who else. I think they might struggle against them now. Prestonsburg has a good team, but seam to be struggling in last part of the year.
There is more to a season than just the win loss record. Prestonsburg is 9-1. Louisville Central is 7-3. Does this mean that Prestonsburg is better than Central? No it doesn't.
No love for the Bears again this week...............Middlesboro????:p
FBALL Wrote:There is more to a season than just the win loss record. Prestonsburg is 9-1. Louisville Central is 7-3. Does this mean that Prestonsburg is better than Central? No it doesn't.

Hey FBALL, you have a nice point. Last year,Central was 5-5 heading into the playoffs and we saw where they ended up. They won as many games in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Not being picky, but Central's record is 6-3 this year,officially. They had one game cancelled. On the field, they are 5-4,with a loss to Western given back to them on an administrative forfeit. (Don't ask me what that means).
allen central should of gottin in thought idk why they didnt and pikeville did allen central is way better then pikeville and your all see in the playoffs when we go smoke pikeville and harlan well i hope they do but idk harlan and pikeville are two good teams that i wouldnt look past already
rebel84 Wrote:allen central should of gottin in thought idk why they didnt and pikeville did allen central is way better then pikeville and your all see in the playoffs when we go smoke pikeville and harlan well i hope they do but idk harlan and pikeville are two good teams that i wouldnt look past already

Pikeville didn't.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey FBALL, you have a nice point. Last year,Central was 5-5 heading into the playoffs and we saw where they ended up. They won as many games in the playoffs as they did in the regular season. Not being picky, but Central's record is 6-3 this year,officially. They had one game cancelled. On the field, they are 5-4,with a loss to Western given back to them on an administrative forfeit. (Don't ask me what that means).
Yes you are.
Mama Bear Wrote:No love for the Bears again this week...............Middlesboro????:p
They got a little love. They were 21st.
FBALL Wrote:Pikeville didn't.

yes they did in the fanal poll #20
rebel84 Wrote:yes they did in the fanal poll #20

Pikeville was #20 in the preseason BGR Top 20, they haven't been ranked in the top 20 since.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pikeville was #20 in the preseason BGR Top 20, they haven't been ranked in the top 20 since.

oh ok sorry i just seen pikeville int there but didnt look at the polls right but i still say allen central shouldof got in they are 7-3 and we didnt even get any votes of being put in there but sorry
rebel84 Wrote:oh ok sorry i just seen pikeville int there but didnt look at the polls right but i still say allen central shouldof got in they are 7-3 and we didnt even get any votes of being put in there but sorry

Three words.

Lost to Berea.
FBALL Wrote:Three words.

Lost to Berea.

Five more words to add to that one

It was a Good Game
rebel84 Wrote:Five more words to add to that one

It was a Good Game

Four more words.

Lost to Pikeville and Paintsville.
FBALL Wrote:They got a little love. They were 21st.

Harlan County beat Middlesboro. Pretty substantially. Our only losses were to #7, #11, and #14 of this poll, Breathitt County being the only team to embarrass us. I do so hope that the kids get a chance to redeem themselves of that fiasco. The other two games were barn burners.

It's really neither here nor there, just for arguments sake though, Harlan County deserves to be in the top 20.
Just one question how is Russell ranked 13th and they have lost 4 games 3 of them straight and mason ranked 8th and they have lost 2 games this year and yet sheldon clark loses 2 games to #1 in 4a BELL and #1 in 3a belfry and they are at #18 i dont see how this is getting done.
sc74 Wrote:Just one question how is Russell ranked 13th and they have lost 4 games 3 of them straight and mason ranked 8th and they have lost 2 games this year and yet sheldon clark loses 2 games to #1 in 4a BELL and #1 in 3a belfry and they are at #18 i dont see how this is getting done.

Honest answer.

Because Sheldon Clark not only lost to those ranked teams, they were never even competative in those games.

I know you guys don't want to hear it but the rest of SC's schedule was weak.

Russell has lost three in a row to three very good teams. Difference is Russell had chances to win all three of those games.

Mason County has lost two games. Both to 6A teams Boone County and Campbell County. They also had a good win in a very tough game with Russell.

Bottom line is both Mason and Russell have shown they can compete with really good teams. Sheldon Clark has yet to prove that they can.

Thats jus my opinion though. Playoffs start this week and its time to put up or go home.
1. Bell County 1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Raceland
6. Whitley County
7. Breathitt County
8. Mason County
9. Ashland Blazer
10. Prestonsburg
11. Estill County
12. Knox Central
13. Russell
14. Letcher County Central
15. Rockcastle County
16. Pulaski County
17. Middlesboro
18. Sheldon Clark
19. Williamsburg
20. Allen Central

Thats how it should look
FBALL Wrote:Four more words.

Thats five.
FBALL Wrote:Four more words.

LOL That was five lol but whatever ok whatever you say them games was very close games and you know it Pikeville 43-42 Paintsville 47-14 but that was in the fourth quarter is went Paintsville beat us soo yeah and Pikeville beat Paintsville 22-12 soo dont that tell you something that Allen Central can beat both Pikeville and Paintsville and they shouldof beat Pikeville
I agree with the rankings. That might change after Friday's game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree with the rankings. That might change after Friday's game.
I would say Three on the top twenty will fall off and all will advance a few spots.
rebel84 Wrote:LOL That was five lol but whatever ok whatever you say them games was very close games and you know it Pikeville 43-42 Paintsville 47-14 but that was in the fourth quarter is went Paintsville beat us soo yeah and Pikeville beat Paintsville 22-12 soo dont that tell you something that Allen Central can beat both Pikeville and Paintsville and they shouldof beat Pikeville

No, they still lost to both teams either way you look at it.
jgrubby Wrote:Thats five.
You shut up.:p
FBALL Wrote:You shut up.:p
Thats three.
jgrubby Wrote:Thats three.
I've got one for you.
FBALL Wrote:I've got one for you.

Wouldn't that be 2?
Pages: 1 2