Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Nov. 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FBALL Wrote:I've got one for you.

:moon:
I noticed a few overrated teams in there (Letcher, Pulaski, Hazard) & a few underrated (Whitley, Ashland, & Estill). According to the preseason rankings.
IRISH4 Wrote:No, they still lost to both teams either way you look at it.

I know but they were both great games
rebel84 Wrote:oh ok sorry i just seen pikeville int there but didnt look at the polls right but i still say allen central shouldof got in they are 7-3 and we didnt even get any votes of being put in there but sorry

Allen Central isn't in the Top 20 poll because quite frankly, they haven't shown any reason why they SHOULD be ranked. Yes, they are 7-3, but what does that mean? Absolutely nothing, when you've played the schedule that they did. None of their wins were against what anyone would consider a good team. Who was their best win? Knott Central? No matter how you look at it, there's not much substance to that pretty record.

They also lost to the two best teams on their schedule, Paintsville and Pikeville, neither of which are ranked either. If Paintsville isn't ranked, and they beat AC by 28 points, then how can you justify ranking the Rebels? The loss to Berea, who's not exactly a powerhouse, is just the topper.

If you must know, I do think Allen Central will beat Harlan this week. But the bottom line is that they don't deserve to be ranked. At least not yet.
sc74 Wrote:Just one question how is Russell ranked 13th and they have lost 4 games 3 of them straight and mason ranked 8th and they have lost 2 games this year and yet sheldon clark loses 2 games to #1 in 4a BELL and #1 in 3a belfry and they are at #18 i dont see how this is getting done.

Sheldon Clark is ranked so low because that's exactly where they should be. Yes, they may have a pretty 8-2 record, but what value is that? Nothing, if you haven't beaten anybody. What win would you say justifies them being ranked higher? The best team I see that they beat was Perry Central, and that was a close game. Other than that, there's not much to hang your hat on. Plus, when they did play better competition, they lost and lost badly. SC wasn't even competitive with Belfry or Bell County.

I see no reason to rank Sheldon Clark anywhere other than where they are right now.
More Cowbell Wrote:Allen Central isn't in the Top 20 poll because quite frankly, they haven't shown any reason why they SHOULD be ranked. Yes, they are 7-3, but what does that mean? Absolutely nothing, when you've played the schedule that they did. None of their wins were against what anyone would consider a good team. Who was their best win? Knott Central? No matter how you look at it, there's not much substance to that pretty record.

They also lost to the two best teams on their schedule, Paintsville and Pikeville, neither of which are ranked either. If Paintsville isn't ranked, and they beat AC by 28 points, then how can you justify ranking the Rebels? The loss to Berea, who's not exactly a powerhouse, is just the topper.

If you must know, I do think Allen Central will beat Harlan this week. But the bottom line is that they don't deserve to be ranked. At least not yet.

LOL this is the best ever Allen Central team they ever had and i see them going to the third round because they are not going to gave up another Pikeville game again and they were tied up with Paintsville in the thired quarter they just had one nasty fumble in both Pikeville and Paintsville games and that costed the game for them but next year you better watch out for this Allen Central team because i bet there on there way to the biggest record they have had ever
I guess tonight's loss puts the AC top 20 argument to rest.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I guess tonight's loss puts the AC top 20 argument to rest.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Midee1 Wrote:Wouldn't that be 2?

Nope, its sign language.

And to quote Doc Holiday "one for each of ya"
FBALL Wrote:Nope, its sign language.

And to quote Doc Holiday "one for each of ya"
He's giving us the "thumbs-up". What a guy!!

:Thumbs:
jgrubby Wrote:He's giving us the "thumbs-up". What a guy!!

:Thumbs:

That wasn't a thumb.Big Grin
Teams still alive in bold...

1. Bell County
2. Belfry
3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Raceland
6. Whitley County
7. Breathitt County
8. Mason County
9. Ashland Blazer
10. Prestonsburg
11. Estill County
12. Knox Central
13. Russell
14. Letcher County Central
15. Rockcastle County
16. Pulaski County
17. Middlesboro
18. Sheldon Clark
19. Williamsburg
20. Hazard

As of 11-22.
How many people thought SC would beat Mason. Still no love to SC thats ok tho we are used to it.
schs_06 Wrote:How many people thought SC would beat Mason. Still no love to SC thats ok tho we are used to it.
The poll is from Nov 10th. It was the final one of the season.
Teams Alive in Bold
[SIZE=3]1. Bell County
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]2. Belfr[/SIZE]y
[SIZE=3] 3. Johnson Central
4. Corbin
5. Raceland
6. Whitley County
7. Breathitt County
8. Mason County
9. Ashland Blazer
10. Prestonsburg
11. Estill County