Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best HS Gym In The State Of KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
boogieman Wrote:It is not Powell County, thats for sure. The set up is just awful and it is way too little. Regional tournament should not have been held here. KCC or PCC would have been a better choice.

Agreed!!! The sign on the door says capacity 3500!!! That is just laughable!!! And I don't know about everyone else, but these split session, have to leave the gym between games is aggravating. Play in a gym that can hold the crowd. If you just want the extra $$$ charge a little more for the stinking ticket in the first place and let us settle into a seat and stay there. If the gym is too small (like Powell) then DON'T HAVE A TOURNAMENT GAME THERE!!!!!!!

:please:
The best Gym is the one that houses the best players.... i.e. Shelby Valley Sports Center.
North Laurel has some great facilities, gym could be a little bigger, but it's really nice, Harlan County Central has a great place to play, has my vote for nicest gym in Kentucky. Of course it's new and that helps.
The pics of Harlan are amazing!! I like Montgomery Co.'s gym also.
I was at the WYMT Classic and Im sitting looking at my pictures and dont see the seats with backs at all! I personally like JC's atmosphere but the two I mentioned above are more comfortable. I also like Pburg, but the seats are really uncomfortable
Elliot co. gym lol jk jk
I can't vote since I haven't been to that many gyms in the state. But living here in Maysville and following the Royals, I LOVE the Fieldhouse.

Having those two state championship banners hanging from the rafters isn't bad either. : )
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I have always loved Pike Central's. I think everything is just right. I do wish they would use their ticket booth and maybe move the concession stand, but all in all I believe it is the best to watch/play a game. It is very bright and colorful. The seats are comfortable and at a good distance. There is plenty of parking. The band isn't right in your ear but still close enough to keep the spirit up. It is definitely my favorite!

:Thumbs: Since I've moved back from Scott Co. I was amazed by how much nicer and how much room there was in the Pike Central gym. I thought its so big for a high school gym. BEAUTIFUL.. I agree with everything you have said the concession stand is a I sore but convient for parents running it, they can watch some of the games...
Sheldon clark.
Mason County has a GREAT high school gym. Always alot of atmosphere and excitement each and every game.
Knott County Central, in my opinion.
Couldn't find a pic of LCC gym. Anyone have one to post?
homeless_camel Wrote:I can't vote since I haven't been to that many gyms in the state. But living here in Maysville and following the Royals, I LOVE the Fieldhouse.

Having those two state championship banners hanging from the rafters isn't bad either. : )

Mason County's gym is very impressive. Looks a lot like Cameron Indoor.
as a player, i loved to play at clay co. and pike central... 2 great gyms.
I would have to say Harlan County, KCC, and I love the set-up over at Clay County to.
KCC best gym...lots of room....visibility.....etc
coolfan Wrote:Agreed!!! The sign on the door says capacity 3500!!! That is just laughable!!! And I don't know about everyone else, but these split session, have to leave the gym between games is aggravating. Play in a gym that can hold the crowd. If you just want the extra $$$ charge a little more for the stinking ticket in the first place and let us settle into a seat and stay there. If the gym is too small (like Powell) then DON'T HAVE A TOURNAMENT GAME THERE!!!!!!!

:please:

If there had been a fire during the KCC PCC game at Powell.... everyone would have died! Fans were out packed out the doors!

I vote that the 14th region tournament is NEVER hosted there again! AWFUL facilities. The bathrooms don't even reach the word pitiful.
Sheldon Clark
Knott County Central.
PATS2011 Wrote:If there had been a fire during the KCC PCC game at Powell.... everyone would have died! Fans were out packed out the doors!

I vote that the 14th region tournament is NEVER hosted there again! AWFUL facilities. The bathrooms don't even reach the word pitiful.

There are a couple of things that need to be clarified here. First of all Powell County's gym does hold 3500 which comes in tied for third in the region for capacity. Only Knott and Perry's gyms hold more. Breathitt, Powell, and Letcher all hold 3500. Second, the split sessions was voted on by a committee of administrators from each school in the region and they all voted to do split sessions. It had nothing to do with the size of the gym, but rather being fair to the fans of the teams playing. Letcher did this there first year of hosting region. As for restrooms, the restrooms located in the upper gym lobby are small, but there was a set of very nice restrooms also available through the doors leading to the hospitality rooms. I think people from Hazard, Knott and Letcher complain about Powell hosting the region because they have to drive a distance to get there. Let us not forget that Powell, Wolfe, Lee, Owesly and no Estill have to travel those distances every year it is not at Powell.
Pike Central & Belfry
Pike Central,Mason looks nice also and you can't leave out Shelby Valley
UKLover Wrote:There are a couple of things that need to be clarified here. First of all Powell County's gym does hold 3500 which comes in tied for third in the region for capacity. Only Knott and Perry's gyms hold more. Breathitt, Powell, and Letcher all hold 3500. Second, the split sessions was voted on by a committee of administrators from each school in the region and they all voted to do split sessions. It had nothing to do with the size of the gym, but rather being fair to the fans of the teams playing. Letcher did this there first year of hosting region. As for restrooms, the restrooms located in the upper gym lobby are small, but there was a set of very nice restrooms also available through the doors leading to the hospitality rooms. I think people from Hazard, Knott and Letcher complain about Powell hosting the region because they have to drive a distance to get there. Let us not forget that Powell, Wolfe, Lee, Owesly and no Estill have to travel those distances every year it is not at Powell.

Hazards gym holds 3500. Breathitt holds 4000
Breathitts holds alot more than 3500. Where you got that number is incorrect. Breathitt can hold 4000 to 4500.
Belfry has a great gym! All of the lower seating has back seats and the consessions, locker rooms and bathrooms are verry nice and clean. The Pirate head in center court is verry nice looking to!
Perry Centrals is the best in eastern KY IMO...
Scott County... Easily..
def PCC bleachers...locker rooms...parking...and concessions top and bottom....places for pep sections on both ends
KCC and PCC have my vote. Both are really good places to play
I think Perry Central hands down has the best gym in Eastern Kentucky hands down, but Knott Central also has very nice facilities.
Kcc
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7