Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best HS Gym In The State Of KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Knott has a really good gym. I've played there before and loved it
Lcc
It would be hard not to put Montgomery County's gym in the mix.
The Coliseum in Breahitt County for sure!
Scott County has a very nice one though.
Morton Combs in Knott County is definitely the best. There has been some electrifying regional championships in that gym. Great seating and parking.
KCC gym doesn't even compare to Harlan County's gym IMO. I know a few years ago it wasn't very handicap friendly. It looks sort of outdated...needs a refurb. LCC gym is nice. PBurg is nice...but from the looks of harlan co that thing looks nice.

There's a lot of nice gyms in EKY...but I don't think Knott County's gym is in the running for nicest in any category.
JC's court is the best
LC's gym has come a long way..just got our new floor last year and next year we are possibly getting new bleachers..there's no place to play at like the DAWG POUND BABY!! :kneel:
Creeker Wrote:Yeah, I agree... if they would get some new bleachers up top it could be really nice.

I heard at one time they even had a pool under neath, but it was filled in so ROTC could have a place of their own????
Thats true..and the pool was huge!
has anybody got to see Harlan Co. gym? if you have what do you think?
Knott CO got a lot of votes, but HELLO, my Mom won't go to a game there because she has arthritis. It hurts her knees to climb those steps and then you have to go right back down them to get a seat with a back so her back doesn't hurt. It is not user friendly for the people who have some difficulty getting around. PCC has a great set up but it seems as if it hasn't been well maintained and is going down hill fast. I like the history in the Hazard gym, but lacks any parking. LCC has a fairly nice gym, but I agree with the earlier post that the firsts several rows of the upper arena are a waste because you can't see anything. None are perfect I guess. Bless their hearts in Cordia!
Morton Combs is the best IMO
I like Mason. Co. gym a lot... But the gym at Magoffin Co. is I think the prettiest I love the wooden beams and roof, just wished they had more seating and parking.
I'll take the Fieldhouse at Mason Co.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:what about breathitt's colosseum? i think it is a one of a kind gym that you will not find anywhere else.

The solid wood domed ceiling in Breathitt's Gym is really nice.

[Image: 2752637290069226593S500x500Q85.jpg]
coolfan Wrote:Knott CO got a lot of votes, but HELLO, my Mom won't go to a game there because she has arthritis. It hurts her knees to climb those steps and then you have to go right back down them to get a seat with a back so her back doesn't hurt. It is not user friendly for the people who have some difficulty getting around. PCC has a great set up but it seems as if it hasn't been well maintained and is going down hill fast. I like the history in the Hazard gym, but lacks any parking. LCC has a fairly nice gym, but I agree with the earlier post that the firsts several rows of the upper arena are a waste because you can't see anything. None are perfect I guess. Bless their hearts in Cordia!

Knott County Central's Morton Combs Athletic Complex has the MOST HANDICAP FRIENDLY FACILITY in the area ... Enough space to seat 200 plus companion with electric ramp/Handicap bathroom facilities in lobby
Has to be the one @ Montgomery Co
I think Perry Knott and Hazard have pretty nice gyms but Hazard has NO parking at all, Knotts is a little out of date and just depresses me walking inside i think Perrys is the best just because it is newer and does'nt look run down on the outside
The biggest gym is Montgomery County's and that's what makes it the best. There really is no other way you can put it but..it looks awesome!
KCC's is great..
the only thing, is that we need different seats..
they're a little outdated..
I like PCC has a nice gym
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The solid wood domed ceiling in Breathitt's Gym is really nice.

How old is Breathitt's gym?:confused:
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The solid wood domed ceiling in Breathitt's Gym is really nice.

Before consolidation Harlan County had the Trojan Dome at Cawood High School. It is now used for middle school games which is pretty nice for a middle school.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The biggest gym is Montgomery County's and that's what makes it the best. There really is no other way you can put it but..it looks awesome!

Actually, KCC seats about 800 more. Mason Co. has the biggest in the state in terms of capacity. It seats 6200. KHSAA has Montgomery registered for 4200. KCC seats 5000, tied with two other schools for 2nd biggest in state behind mason co.
PATS2011 Wrote:Actually, KCC seats about 800 more. Mason Co. has the biggest in the state in terms of capacity. It seats 6200. KHSAA has Montgomery registered for 4200. KCC seats 5000, tied with two other schools for 2nd biggest in state behind mason co.

I didn't mean in terms of capacity. I apologize for that. I do believe they have the biggest though, if I'm not mistaken.
bigben Wrote:How old is Breathitt's gym?:confused:

I think it was built in the 60's and then remodeled in the 90's.
Yea these gyms are nice . . . but Montgomery Co. has a beautiful arena! Mason has probably the best atmosphere for a game and the gym is still awsome. Harlan Co. looks like a lot of gyms. Letcher Cent. should of built seating behind the one goal, KCC needs more chairbacks (other than that awsome gym), PCC is nice but needs chairbacks, but my favorite place to play of all time has to go to Dilce Combs! Loved shooting in there.
I played in high school in an away game at Pulaski County High School and that gym was bigger than most of the gyms I played at in college. I think the seating capacity was 7000-7500. I asked a buddy who played there and he said during the mid to late 80's they would host the 12th region and the fire marshall would shut it down at 8000. They have a concession area overlooking the floor from above the lower level one one end that would be full during the games back then. It was a great gym to shoot in, I do remember that.
When it comes to restroom facilities Powell County's gym has to be the worst in the state. The men's room accomodates 3 at a time. I don't see why they even let them host a regional tournament there.
It is not Powell County, thats for sure. The set up is just awful and it is way too little. Regional tournament should not have been held here. KCC or PCC would have been a better choice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7