Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. vs. Betsy Layne - Oct. 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins it?

Powell cruises through with a easy win to get ready for breathitt next week.
Powell names it.
powell county wins.

go pirates
Powell should be able to take this one easily, but don't sleep on BL.

Best of luck to both!
This should be an easy game for Powell, but if they don't play like they can Betsy Lane might make it an upset
Powell should right the ship this week. Go Pirates!
Who cares?When you schedule cream puffs does it matter if you win???????NO....only if you lose.Then you look foolish.
it seems that powell county has someone that just totally does not like them. if you have nothing good to add to this post then please do not add anything. if breathitt county is your team then add your comments to those post.

powell has improved and powell county will continue to improve. go pirates.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Who cares?When you schedule cream puffs does it matter if you win???????NO....only if you lose.Then you look foolish.

Dont worry there Breathitt Kitty Cats...The way u all been playing this season HAHA you guys wont even make it far in playoffs. Might as well turn your stuff in. You wont get past Belfry or even Sheldon Clark.
Powell will win big if they play hard, they will need a boost before next week when they to play Breathitt. Breathitt will over look the Pirates and will have to play a good game to beat them. Not saying Powell will win but they will come to play and hard they will play. Stay healthy and good luck to all the teams in the area.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Who cares?When you schedule cream puffs does it matter if you win???????NO....only if you lose.Then you look foolish.

Last year that Betsy Layne will be on schedule. They won't play us anymore. Sometimes you have to play who you play. BTW, We are always hearing how Holcomb stays away from the tough teams. Your schedule isn't that great either. The 2 really descent teams he scheduled, he lost to. Estill being the exception. Let's see you all put Sheldon Clark, Belfry,etc. on there every year. Belfry is talking of how they are having trouble finding games for next yr. Give em' a call...Your a joke!
blitz43 Wrote:Last year that Betsy Layne will be on schedule. They won't play us anymore. Sometimes you have to play who you play. BTW, We are always hearing how Holcomb stays away from the tough teams. Your schedule isn't that great either. The 2 really descent teams he scheduled, he lost to. Estill being the exception. Let's see you all put Sheldon Clark, Belfry,etc. on there every year. Belfry is talking of how they are having trouble finding games for next yr. Give em' a call...Your a joke!

HaHa i agree. They dont want the beatdown every year like they recieved from Belfry last year in the playoffs. Smile

Umm, yeah. If you don't have anything good to say about a bunch of high school kids, then stay out of the thread. I mean come on, nobody wants to see you put teams down. So do everyone here a favor and just stop. Its really getting old. Now when you create a big name for yourself, and most likely you won't, then you can do and say what you want.

Alright Mr. Bobcat, idk if you noticed but this is a Powell County post. You can Post about us when it say Powell Vs. Breathitt.TongueirateSho
Powell comes and plays their game like they always do, and they come out with a big win!
Powell should win.
blitz43 Wrote:Last year that Betsy Layne will be on schedule. They won't play us anymore. Sometimes you have to play who you play. BTW, We are always hearing how Holcomb stays away from the tough teams. Your schedule isn't that great either. The 2 really descent teams he scheduled, he lost to. Estill being the exception. Let's see you all put Sheldon Clark, Belfry,etc. on there every year. Belfry is talking of how they are having trouble finding games for next yr. Give em' a call...Your a joke!

Johnson Central, P'burg, Boyd, LCA , Lawrence, Shelby Valley 23-17 combined. The only team that is not decent here is Lawrence and they could beat any of your nondistrit except Bath.

Betsy Layne, Bath County, Jackson County, Morgan County, Lewis County, Berea 13-24. 6 of those by Bath and 5 by Berea against nobody.

There is no comparison here.
it seems that some fans from breathitt do not like the fans from powell county. but that is ok. powell county is in the playoffs.

pirates play hard at betsy layne and bring home a victory.
The College One Wrote:Dont worry there Breathitt Kitty Cats...The way u all been playing this season HAHA you guys wont even make it far in playoffs. Might as well turn your stuff in. You wont get past Belfry or even Sheldon Clark.

Are you kiddin me? Breathitt has been beat by Johnson Central 26-12 very good game and JC is undefeated and they have been beat by Prestonsburg 27-20 another very good game and Prestonsburg was undefeated until they played one of the top 5 teams state wide and got beat. The rest Breathitt has won. Look at their schedule, no cupcakes except Shelby Valley and Lawrence who has played the toughest schedule of anyone in Eastern Kentucky. Don't be suprised to see Breathitt if they can get by Estill again to be playing whoever comes from the other side. Neither team will have to play Belfry and Sheldon Clark or Russell, they will beat each other out first. BTW, look at the rest of the teams JC has played, games have not been close except for Bryan Station. Some statements on here are unreal.
Powell is ganna win this game
NIECE Wrote:Are you kiddin me? Breathitt has been beat by Johnson Central 26-12 very good game and JC is undefeated and they have been beat by Prestonsburg 27-20 another very good game and Prestonsburg was undefeated until they played one of the top 5 teams state wide and got beat. The rest Breathitt has won. Look at their schedule, no cupcakes except Shelby Valley and Lawrence who has played the toughest schedule of anyone in Eastern Kentucky. Don't be suprised to see Breathitt if they can get by Estill again to be playing whoever comes from the other side. Neither team will have to play Belfry and Sheldon Clark or Russell, they will beat each other out first. BTW, look at the rest of the teams JC has played, games have not been close except for Bryan Station. Some statements on here are unreal.

im clapping for ya. good job old man.
NIECE Wrote:Are you kiddin me? Breathitt has been beat by Johnson Central 26-12 very good game and JC is undefeated and they have been beat by Prestonsburg 27-20 another very good game and Prestonsburg was undefeated until they played one of the top 5 teams state wide and got beat. The rest Breathitt has won. Look at their schedule, no cupcakes except Shelby Valley and Lawrence who has played the toughest schedule of anyone in Eastern Kentucky. Don't be suprised to see Breathitt if they can get by Estill again to be playing whoever comes from the other side. Neither team will have to play Belfry and Sheldon Clark or Russell, they will beat each other out first. BTW, look at the rest of the teams JC has played, games have not been close except for Bryan Station. Some statements on here are unreal.

Is that right? Is that right? You can't believe some of the posts you see? Well I know a GOOD wal to cure that. DON"T COME BACK IN HERE!!!! Its simple. I'm sure noone here cares what you got to say. So do EVERYBODY a favor and stay out of here!!!!
Who is this thread about anyway? Powell will win if they can defend the long pass. It appears BL throws it deep on first, second and third downs....then fake punt with a play called all go deep.....
NIECE Wrote:Don't be suprised to see Breathitt if they can get by Estill again to be playing whoever comes from the other side. Neither team will have to play Belfry and Sheldon Clark or Russell, they will beat each other out first. BTW, look at the rest of the teams JC has played, games have not been close except for Bryan Station. Some statements on here are unreal.

So, Estill will have no trouble with Somerset or Harlan County?
I see Powell taking this game in very convincing fashion. If they play agianst Besty Layne like the way they played the second half of the Harlan County game they will win easliy and I look foward to them playing good football by the time they get to Jackson and play Breathitt. There is nothing worse than watching a blow out game.
palmer Wrote:So, Estill will have no trouble with Somerset or Harlan County?

Estill should beat Harlan fairly easy. Dont know much about Somerset but this Estill team is capable of beating alot of teams.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Is that right? Is that right? You can't believe some of the posts you see? Well I know a GOOD wal to cure that. DON"T COME BACK IN HERE!!!! Its simple. I'm sure noone here cares what you got to say. So do EVERYBODY a favor and stay out of here!!!!

First of all, learn to spell! And I am sure everyone cares what you have to say....NOT. If you would like to talk with me, please let me know, sounds to me like you want to start trouble? No one was rattling your chain, so I would suggest not barking at those who bite!
palmer Wrote:So, Estill will have no trouble with Somerset or Harlan County?

I don't look for it. If you follow scores of the other district most are high scoring games which translates to "not much defense". Estill will keep the ball away from them for 2/3 of the game and will force their offense to score everytime they have the ball. Look for Breathitt and Estill in a rematch out of these two districts.
The College One Wrote:im clapping for ya. good job old man.

That's nice. Big Grin
now let's not get hateful.... this thread is about powell vs. betsy lane... yes you are right if powell plays against betsy layne like they did against harlan in the second half they should win with no problems. however, powell has a tendency to come out cold in the first half then get rolling in the second half. this hurts them in a lot of games. they need to stay strong for 4 quarters not 2. so pirates get it together and play as a team for the whole game.
Pages: 1 2