Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan Co. 46 - Lawrence Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
lawrence LC Wrote:i dont think i have ever seen him play safety for lawrence county....

Well I take it you never watched him play in middle school and even in practice he worked at safety last year
Batpuff Wrote:I want to know who is being played because of who or what there parents have did? Answer me that

You're right. There are no parents in LC athletics who have influence over the coaches.
lawrence LC Wrote:i dont think i have ever seen him play safety for lawrence county....

Must have missed youth league, and middle school, and last year.....
lawrencefan Wrote:You're right. There are no parents in LC athletics who have influence over the coaches.

So tell me who is it send me a pm,, because the kids that play earn every min of playing time.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I take it you never watched him play in middle school and even in practice he worked at safety last year

for one thing varsity is a whole lot different than middle school....has he ever played in a game at safety last year...no thats what i thought
lawrence LC Wrote:for one thing varsity is a whole lot different than middle school....has he ever played in a game at safety last year...no thats what i thought

I believe he did a few times....

But you said he had never played safety and he has....YOU didn't distinguish when.....
soldierofthelord Wrote:Well Finally Someone Sees What I Have Said A Month Ago The Coaching Staff Stinks With A Few Exceptions Of Assistants On The Staff Who I Feel Have Their Hands Tied. Its No Surprise We Lost To Rowan If The Game Was Called The Way The Previous Ones Had Been. But To Get Shutout By Rowan And Lose That Badly Is An Embarassment. I Got A Few Ideas How To Get Everything Turned Around. First Lets Start At The Top Get Rid Of The Supertindent And Anyone Else Who Has Anything To Do With The Football Program At The Top. Then Get Rid Of The Head Coach And The I Guess Qb Coach Who Calls The Plays. They Couldn't Get It Done At Marshall Why Does Ppl Think They Can At Lawrence Co. I Got A Guess Cause Marshall Once Upon A Time Was Pretty Good And I Guess That Makes Them Worthy. No Way. Ok After You Get Rid Of Them Why Not Hire Someone Who Knows Lawrence County Football Better Than Anyone Someone Who Has Paid Their Dues. Someone Who Has Been There From Almost The Beginning Blake Preece Should Be The Head Coach And All Power And Authority In Lawrence Football Given To Him. Let Him Decide Who His Assistants Are, And All Decisions Given To Him. But Blake Do It The Way That Built Lawrence Co. Football Run, Run,, Run And Run It Some More. We Have Always Been Blessed To Have Good Lineman And Rb's So Use Them. But Until This Happens I Don't See Lawrence Ever Being Back To Where We Where Not For A Long While. And That Is Just Imo.

Would you PLEASE only capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence ?!?

:eek:
oneijoe Wrote:Would you PLEASE only capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence ?!?

:eek:
AMEN!Big Grin
Dawg@heart Wrote:These coaches will not chance any further injury to ANY of the players-

WHAT DID YOUR PASSES FOR FIRST DOWNS GET YOU I BELIEVE THERE WAS STILL A BIG 0 ON THE SCOREBOARD. AND IF THE COACHES WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT TAKING A CHANCE OF HIM GETTING ANY FURTHER INJURY WHAT WAS HE DOING WITH THE BALL. WHY DIDN'T HE HAND IT OFF OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW IF ITS JUST ME BUT YOUR CHANCES YOU TALK ABOUT I DON'T LIKE. AND IF YOU GOT TO MIX IT UP WHERE HAS THAT GOTTEN US HOW MANY GAMES WE WON. WE SURE WON ALOT MORE RUNNING THE BALL. AND SCORING POINTS AGAIN IF WE GOT TO MIX IT UP COUNT THE POINTS WE HAVE SCORED THIS YEAR. TO ALMOST ANY ONE GAME WHEN WE RAN THE BALL SEE WHICH IS MORE. BUT THEN AGAIN THATS JUST IMO.................
soldierofthelord Wrote:WHAT DID YOUR PASSES FOR FIRST DOWNS GET YOU I BELIEVE THERE WAS STILL A BIG 0 ON THE SCOREBOARD. AND IF THE COACHES WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT TAKING A CHANCE OF HIM GETTING ANY FURTHER INJURY WHAT WAS HE DOING WITH THE BALL. WHY DIDN'T HE HAND IT OFF OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW IF ITS JUST ME BUT YOUR CHANCES YOU TALK ABOUT I DON'T LIKE. AND IF YOU GOT TO MIX IT UP WHERE HAS THAT GOTTEN US HOW MANY GAMES WE WON. WE SURE WON ALOT MORE RUNNING THE BALL. AND SCORING POINTS AGAIN IF WE GOT TO MIX IT UP COUNT THE POINTS WE HAVE SCORED THIS YEAR. TO ALMOST ANY ONE GAME WHEN WE RAN THE BALL SEE WHICH IS MORE. BUT THEN AGAIN THATS JUST IMO.................

Quite frankly neither was working Friday night....and he went back in and tried but Coach Salmons apparently didn't feel it was worth the risk to keep in him. This is what I was told.....he probably had the ball cause Coach told him too????

Bottom line is not one of us on here a clue about what goes on within that team or the coaches so basically we are all just running our mouths behind a computer screen about things we know nothing of.
Give Coach Sammons some time to get his system into full swing before calling for his head. One thing about a younger team, they have trouble bringing their A game each and every week. This will be a good lesson for a yound and very talented team that each week the score starts at zero. Never take for granted a sure win.
Lawerance Co. will be allright. As for calling for Coach Sammons head, I mean c'mon give the guy a chance to put his system in. Kids can't learn all the rules of a system in one season. Coach Sammons is a great Coach. It is FOOLISH to get on here and call for head.
Thought this game would be closer...considering the way Lawerence county only lost by 7 points to prestonsburg
OK2NV Wrote:Lawerance Co. will be allright. As for calling for Coach Sammons head, I mean c'mon give the guy a chance to put his system in. Kids can't learn all the rules of a system in one season. Coach Sammons is a great Coach. It is FOOLISH to get on here and call for head.

A winning coach will instill a winning attitude in his players regardless of how long he has coached. I am sick of hearing excuses for bad coaching. LC has a very gifted, talented and athletic group of athletes. There is no sense on just settling for "Oh, it's ok. You can try again next year coach." It's time for LC to get back to the old LC. BRING BACK CHUKE. Or continue to embarass these kids.

It's terrible that I feel this way about the school I graduated from, but something has to give. There is no reason we should have a winless record.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:A winning coach will instill a winning attitude in his players regardless of how long he has coached. I am sick of hearing excuses for bad coaching. LC has a very gifted, talented and athletic group of athletes. There is no sense on just settling for "Oh, it's ok. You can try again next year coach." It's time for LC to get back to the old LC. BRING BACK CHUKE. Or continue to embarass these kids.

It's terrible that I feel this way about the school I graduated from, but something has to give. There is no reason we should have a winless record.

As a parent of someone on the team I will have to say that the coach is trying. Are the kids on the team talented? Yes they are. Are they athletic? Yes they are. I'm not saying that the coaching staff is doing a perfect job because they are not. BUT, at some point, the boys themselves are going to have to take some responsibility. I see no teamwork, no sense of comradie(sp). Too much infighting amongst themselves and no one stepping up to take a leadership role. The few that try to be leaders are scoffed at and shrugged off. They have to learn to be teammates. Win together and lose together and quit pointing fingers at each other and the coaches. They ALL have to work together from the coaching staff down and that is what is missing from this team. I'm as dumbfounded as everyone. Watching these boys from youth league up I always said "here is our state championship team, just wait til they are in high school". Until they learn to be a "unit" this is what we have. IMO...... As for the Chuke thing, GET OVER IT! He isn't coming back so no sense beating a dead horse.
Here's what I know and I've seen through the years. I know a lot of folks close to the program and have supported LC for many years. I've talked to kids, coaches, parentes and teachers. I'm close to a lot of teachers, some kids and a couple of coaches.
1: The administration at LC is terrible! When LC was in it's prime Eddie Wayne Michael (who was a football coach at one time at LC) was an administrator. This principal and Super could care less about the sports programs. There is no support! Most new coaches bring in multiple assistants to teach and from what I've heard the new coach didn't get to bring in one single coach to teach. He has no support and everything that gets done is through the QB club not the school.
2. LC was built through tough hard nosed kids in the beginning. Right now I haven't seen a kid on the field like that. There are kids that are hard nosed but don't have that mean streak in them. There is also talent but not D1 talent that has been here. When Chuke came around he inherited a program that was at the top. He was firey and did a great job at LC as did Goldsmith who built the program. Thing was Chuke had a lot of kids that moved in that helped. Nick Meadows, Fred Dean, Emory Thompson, Mike Copely, Corey McKenzie etc. For the past several years LC has had players move away and it hurt the program. They also didn't get kids like Timmy Hayes or Lou Michaels out of the hallways. Now when kids try to move in the Administration won't let them come to school there. Let's be honest schools like Belfry and Central are the best in our area. How many kids have they had to move in or come from across the bridge to make an impact? Neither of those programs would be anywhere near what they are right now if they didn't have the kids move in that have. LC's administration has turned them away!
3. People say talented and there is talent at LC but there isn't a kid out there that is in the mold of a Dontae Wright, Jason Michael, Gerad Parker, Mike West, Nick Meadows, Stuart Cook, Chris Hamilton, Webb Roberts, Fred Dean, Alan Short, Kyle Barnette, James Storts etc. There is a lot of good young talent coming up and thanks to Coach Sammons there is a lot of talented kids playing that didn't play last year but they are learning the game right now. This is a huge step in the right direction IMO! Kids like Wilks+Hackney are very athletic Sr's but this is the 1st time out varsity. Getting young guys out like Marcum etc is going to help the future. There are Sophs and JR's all over the field. Most schools that is what J.V. teams are composed of. There is without a doubt talent on this team but they have to bring everything they have every week because they aren't division one like the other kids listed. They also play A MUCH tougher schedule every week than teams of old played! There is no room for letdown physically with this group.
4. The schedule is out of control! LC's top teams beat teams like West Carter, East Carter, Lewis Co etc along with good teams. This team has to play out of confrence with teams like Belfry, Pburg, Breathitt,LCC, Russell, Sheldon Clark etc! That is on the A.D.! People also forget that we used to be a 2A school we are 4A now! HUGE difference. The best teams in the old class would be the Belfry's, Russell's, Sheldon Clark's etc instead of the Lex Cath's, Bowling Green's, Boyle Co's and Bell Co's! You are kidding yourself if you think that isn't much different!
5. Young! LC is starting maybe 2 or 3 Sr's on each side of the ball because this has been maybe the worst Sr class school wise in LC's history! The kids that are on the team are kids that do the right thing and have earned the right to be there. They don't fall into the other category.
6. Feeder program. LC is behind in this area because unlike a program like Belfry they don't run the same system through the years so kids have to learn over and over. It's also hard to get coaches because so many people run the good one's off. This in turns keeps a lot of kids from playing. There is no stability and that went on all the way up through the Freshmen + J.V. last year.
Bottom line is this: LC has taken a team made up of Fresh, Soph's, Jr's and a couple of Sr's on the field every game this year. They played Belfry, Pburg and Russell to the wire with what's almost a J.V. group age + experience wise. Bad coaching I guessRolleyes
On the coaches you have from what I understand:
Sammons: Started Oline at Marshall when Leftwhich was there and has been at LC a couple of years now working with the program. He cleaned house assistant and player wise this year and is building things the right way. Has also been with the young group of kids for a couple of years now. He gives the kids everything he can possible give them but also shows them tough love. He is as intense as there has ever been there when he has to be but off the field he is a role model for the kids!
Cecil: Coached at schools like Russell and was a really good head coach at East Carter. Has a ton of experience and is very intelligent from what I understand. I'm pretty sure he also played college ball at Morehead. I've heard he has had opportunities to go to other schools but loves the kids at LC so he has stuck through the tough times.
Preece: All Stater at LC when they built the program. Threw his body around like very few ever have at LC hence the nickname Stick. Won the State Championship while coaching at Lex Cath and was at North Oldham when they built the program which is undefeated right now. Awesome with the kids. I know Blake well and he has one of the best young offensive minds I have ever talked too. Anybody that has picked his brain would agree I think.
Skinner: Played QB at Marshall and is also awesome with the kids. Spends countless hours coaching Freshman and J.V. along with Varsity.
Bruce: Brings the energy to the table and coaches arena ball from what I understand. You can tell on Friday nights that the kids feed off of him.
Ellis: Great with the kids and gives them somebody in the school because the administration didn't get anybody. Also a great role model for the kids.
That is about as qualified of a staff as LC has ever had and that is without being able to get any teaching jobs. People get caught up in LC only winning a couple of games a year for the last 4 or 5 years but this is Sammons 1st year running the show. They say you can judge a new coach around year 3. If we are having this conversation 3 years from now then I can see where folks are coming from. I think LC needs to work on some fundamentals like tackling on defense and there has been some suspect play calling but that can be said of a lot of programs.
If there are kids that get on here and read this then please know that the majority of the folks in Louisa apprecaite you when you come out and leave it all on the field. Lawrence Co has always been a blue collar town that loves their blue collar physical football teams. There are people that get on here that have never played a down of football in their life or even road the pine in high school. There are parents on this board and there are folks that are going to complain no matter what is going on yet they wouldn't lift the 1st finger to help the program. Mr. Sanwhich I'm curious since you are always so quick to judge..... what have you done to help the program since you left LC? I've been just as proud of the kids effort this year in games like Belfry and Pburg as I've been in a long time watching LC because the kids were giving everything they had (which has something to do with coaching). Kids don't listen to the cancers on this board that wouldn't lift a finger for the program (that's not everybody on here but you know who you are). If there are coaches on here then please know that there are folks in Louisa that appreciate the time you spend away from your wife and kids. It's a sacrifice that most people have no clue about and shouldn't go unnoticed. I know you all truly love the kids and are always looking out for their best intrest both on and off the field. This is something that doesn't get talked about enough IMO! This staff has things rolling in the right direction IMO. They could be playing a schedule like Fairview and probably sitting with one loss. We wouldn't have this conversation if that happened. Bottom line it is what it is and our kids, coaches and fans should expect all out effort every week hoping we get better each week. Once you get to the playoffs everybody is undefeated! I've had some good conversations with a couple of coaches, teachers, kids and fans. I've got faith in our kids, coaches and the true fans! Things are moving in the right direction!
Nice post-thought out and informative and factual from what I can tell...
Good Luck Lawrence! I hope you all get things turned around soon.
Pages: 1 2 3