Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Pause Yearbook - 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got a copy today - should be on the racks by the weekend.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="blue"]TOP 10 TEAMS - 14TH REGION
[COLOR="Red"]1) Hazard
2) Knot Central
3) Perry Central
4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

TOP 10 PLAYERS - 14TH REGION
[COLOR="red"]1) Josh Whitaker - Hazard
2) Tate Cox - Knott
3) Stuart Stamper - Knott
4) Charlie Banks - Letcher Central
5) Aaron Charles - Lee
6) Chris Noble - Perry Central
7) Mike Campbell - Hazard
8) Garrison Collins - June Buchanan
9) Tristin Cackling - Estill
10) Justin Jones - Hazard
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Hazard should be the number one choice but how about posting the top teams in the 13th, 15th regions as well as the top 10 players. That would be worth seeing.Cool Cool Cool
15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger
10) Michael Boyd Thompson
ARC Wrote:Just got a copy today - should be on the racks by the weekend.

[COLOR="Red"]1) Hazard
2) Knot Central
3) Perry Central
4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2) Tate Cox - Knott
5) Aaron Charles - Lee
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

In my opinion any of the top three could have been #1. I was a little surprised that Maggard wasn't in the top 10.

[COLOR="Red"]1) Hazard
2) Knot Central
3) Perry Central
4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2) Tate Cox - Knott
5) Aaron Charles - Lee
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Deron Amis from Perry Central is be over looked... He is a player to watch out for.

TOP 10 TEAMS - 14TH REGION
1) Hazard
2) Knot Central
3) Perry Central
4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County

1) Josh Whitaker - Hazard
2) Tate Cox - Knott
5) Aaron Charles - Lee

Looks good.
I see Breathitt making this region pretty fun. Hazard is the class but I think that by tourney time, they will have a hard time repeating.
were is Riverside?
It's near Jackson.
RavenBoy Wrote:were is Riverside?

Breathitt County.
Shelby Valley, on paper, should be the best team in the 15th Region! I can't think of anyone who will pose a serious threat, but that's why you play the game. Should be an exciting season for high school basketball!

*That's insane how Valley has the top 3 players in the region! Man, they're stacked!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Shelby Valley, on paper, should be the best team in the 15th Region! I can't think of anyone who will pose a serious threat, but that's why you play the game. Should be an exciting season for high school basketball!

*That's insane how Valley has the top 3 players in the region! Man, they're stacked!

This is for the 14th, not the 15th.
To me Chris Noble should be higher ranked than Tate Cox. Josh Kidd who isn't even listed takes Micheal Campbells spot and Tristin Cackling to me is better than Josh Whitaker any day of the week.
Kidd averaged five points a game last year. That won't get you in the top 10. Campbell averaged 15 ppg and 7 rpg. Whitaker got his team to the state tournament, which is why he is so high.

[COLOR="Red"]1) Hazard
2) Knot Central
3) Perry Central
4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

2) Tate Cox - Knott
5) Aaron Charles - Lee
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The top ten teams looks fairly acurate. I would think that perhaps Wolfe or Cordia could sneak into that top ten.

As for the players, I know it is hard to choose a top ten from so many players. I feel fairly confident in saying that I could take Klay Maggard and Deron Amis from Perry along with Andy Blank from Buckhorn, Devin Blair from LCC, Robert Warren from Hazard, Brent Hall from JBS and the Hoover kid from Estill and field a team as good as any combination of players in the Cat's Pause list.

By the way, does anyone know if Michael Campbell is even playing at Hazard this year? I know he hasn't been on the football field, this season. Rumors are all over the place and I don't care to speculate on any of them. I am curious, however, as to whether or not he will play basketball this year.
FOR REAL Wrote:To me Chris Noble should be higher ranked than Tate Cox. Josh Kidd who isn't even listed takes Micheal Campbells spot and Tristin Cackling to me is better than Josh Whitaker any day of the week.

Are you serious?

Tate Cox is a way better player than Noble, Kidd is nothing compared to Campbell, and Cackling doesn't have the talent like Whitaker has. He's good, just not as good as Whitaker.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Are you serious?

Tate Cox is a way better player than Noble, Kidd is nothing compared to Campbell, and Cackling doesn't have the talent like Whitaker has. He's good, just not as good as Whitaker.

He is not way better then Noble.
ok,
seriously. the only reason you are saying tate isn't good is because you have not seen what he can really do. he was behind clark, and clark was the star.
Josh Whitaker is good, real good, but I have a hard time believing hes better than Tate Cox. I just can't see it. Besides that I believe Campbell is better than 7th.

I'd switch Cox & Whitaker and move Campbell to #4 or 5. I also believe Noble is a little high as well. Blank from Buckhorn has to be top ten. I understand their team will be down but the way I look at it talent is talent and he should be top ten. I'd probabily put him at about #8 or so.
dore20 Wrote:This is for the 14th, not the 15th.
Someone posted the 15th and I commented. I don't believe it's against the rules. I know what the thread said. All I did was comment on a post.
I don't mean this to be negative or offensive, but I think it's kind of weird that someone had Garrison Collins one of the top players in the state, and he's not even tops in his region.
I haven't seen the kid play, and am not saying this in a negative way. I was just saying I found it odd.
MVP2 Wrote:Breathitt County.
Really I always thought Riverside was in Knott County. Are you sure your not confusing them with Jackson City? I could be mistaken though.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Really I always thought Riverside was in Knott County. Are you sure your not confusing them with Jackson City? I could be mistaken though.

Nope, Its in Breathitt County, its close to Jackson tho.
dore20 Wrote:He is not way better then Noble.

He's better then Noble and im sure 99% of the people on this thread will agree with me!
cart man Wrote:15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger
10) Michael Boyd Thompson

hey we are talkin bout the 14th not the 15th
cougars are right were they need to be. When you get preseason #1, that means that you have a big target on your back. We are glad to not have to worry about that.
People say josh whittaker isnt better than Tate Cox, but he is, no question. Yeah tate is a good player, but josh controls a team better, can score easier, awesome ball handling skills, and a great passer. Nothing against Tate, but Josh is the better player.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Are you serious?

I just see this a little different than you I guess. I just think that Noble is the better player. I seen Christian Brewer knock down 27 on Tate and company at the Sports Plex this summer with Tate gaurding him and he could'nt stop him. He also knocked down 24 on Micheal Campbell and company and he could'nt stop him either but you don't hear no one talking about Christian do you? That's why I like the guys that work their butts off. That don't get talked about as much as THE BIG NAMED PLAYERS but still go out and give it all for their team. And they do well at it I might add. Chris Noble, Josh Kidd, Christian Brewer, Tristin Cackling I'm throwing them some props today because I think they deserve it.
FOR REAL Wrote:I just see this a little different than you I guess. I just think that Noble is the better player. I seen Christian Brewer knock down 27 on Tate and company at the Sports Plex this summer with Tate gaurding him and he could'nt stop him. He also knocked down 24 on Micheal Campbell and company and he could'nt stop him either but you don't hear no one talking about Christian do you? That's why I like the guys that work their butts off. That don't get talked about as much as THE BIG NAMED PLAYERS but still go out and give it all for their team. And they do well at it I might add. Chris Noble, Josh Kidd, Christian Brewer, Tristin Cackling I'm throwing them some props today because I think they deserve it.

are you saying that tate or any BIG NAME player doesnt' go out and give it their all??
runninrebs21 Wrote:People say josh whittaker isnt better than Tate Cox, but he is, no question. Yeah tate is a good player, but josh controls a team better, can score easier, awesome ball handling skills, and a great passer. Nothing against Tate, but Josh is the better player.

I agree Tate is not near Josh's caliber of play.
Pages: 1 2