Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Pause Yearbook - 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
catsfan08 Wrote:hey we are talkin bout the 14th not the 15th

Looks as though we are talking about both :popcorn:
IMO Knott County Central will lead the 14th Region easy. I thought June Buchanan wasn't having a team?

As for the 15th Region there is absolutely no way on this earth that Pikeville will place 3rd after last years performance. Especially losing Tim Honaker and Devan Adams. My call is that they get beat in 1st round District by East Ridge again.

Adding on, I'd switch P-burg and PC with Phelps and Magoffin County. I mean come on Smile

(It'd be cool to have an All-Region Team and play the upper region for a trophy. 14th and 15th would be a nail biter)
If...Then Wrote:IMO Knott County Central will lead the 14th Region easily. I thought June Buchanan wasn't having a team?

As for the 15th Region there is absolutely no way on this earth that Pikeville will place 3rd after last years performance. Especially losing Tim Honaker and Devan Adams. My call is that they get beat in 1st round District by East Ridge again.

Are you kidding me? No team in the 14th region will win it easily. Hazard, Knott, Letcher, and Perry all has equal chancing of winning region.With that being said you never know when a Powell, Cordia, JBS, or Breathitt could knock off someone. 14th isnt going to be easy to win this year.Hazard is the favor as of now.
palmer Wrote:Kidd averaged five points a game last year. That won't get you in the top 10. Campbell averaged 15 ppg and 7 rpg. Whitaker got his team to the state tournament, which is why he is so high.

I have to comment on this only because you were the one who mentioned the points in a game, but by no means am I sayin anything against you. But I personally do not like the idea of top ten players because they only want to list a kids name if they make alot of ppg. I know that its the most pts that win a game but it is a team sport not a ball hog sport. There are plenty of kids that could make the top ten for skills other than scoring. Some of the pts made in a game would not be possible if it was not for passin, stealing and team work. I know alot of kids who contribute and put out much more effort without being ball hogs. And no I don't think all the boys are ball hogs but there are a few who just shoot their arm off about 100 times in a game and if said person hits 30 or 40 out of the 100 he shot, then everyone thinks that kid is the best to play the game. I just don't think its fair to the other kids who avoid the lime light. But that being said, all the top ten players picked are good players I think with one exception, Michael Campbell ain't that good, he's big and gets away with too much. But all in all I think the boys and their teams will do good this season. Can't wait.
Everyone knew it was gonna be Hazard #1 and Kcc #2
Would somebody please post the top 10 teams/players for the 13th region listed?
ladypatriot55 Wrote:are you saying that tate or any BIG NAME player doesnt' go out and give it their all??

Not saying that at all. Those guys would'nt be were there at if they did'nt work hard. Just wanted to give some other players a shout out for thier hard work.:Thumbs:
Mama Bear Wrote:Would somebody please post the top 10 teams/players for the 13th region listed?
I would if I had them, sorry.
Pretty good... here's mine

1. Whitaker
2. Cox
3. Collins
4. Charles
5. Stamper
6. Campbell
7. Nobles
8. Jones
9. Cackling
10. Banks
ARC Wrote:Just got a copy today - should be on the racks by the weekend.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="blue"]TOP 10 TEAMS - 14TH REGION
[COLOR="Red"]1) Hazard
2) Knott Central
3) [B]Perry Central

4) Letcher Central
5) Lee County
6) Breathitt County
7) June Buchanan
8) Estill County
9) Buckhorn
10) Powell County[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

TOP 10 PLAYERS - 14TH REGION
[COLOR="red"]1) Josh Whitaker - Hazard
2) Tate Cox - Knott
3) Stuart Stamper - Knott
4) Charlie Banks - Letcher Central
5) Aaron Charles - Lee
6) Chris Noble - Perry Central
7) Mike Campbell - Hazard
8) [B]Garrison Collins
- June Buchanan
9) Tristin Cackling - Estill
10) Justin Jones - Hazard
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Perry should be behind LCC, Collins from JBS should be in the top 5 somewhere .
Spartan4Life Wrote:Perry should be behind LCC, Collins from JBS should be in the top 5 somewhere .
Why? Perry beat them in region and has a better team coming in this year then they did last.
I think they are fairly accurate ratings for the teams. I might have moved Lee County up to 4, but for the most part the magazine reporter has it right.
worker1 Wrote:The top ten teams looks fairly acurate. I would think that perhaps Wolfe or Cordia could sneak into that top ten.

As for the players, I know it is hard to choose a top ten from so many players. I feel fairly confident in saying that I could take Klay Maggard and Deron Amis from Perry along with Andy Blank from Buckhorn, Devin Blair from LCC, Robert Warren from Hazard, Brent Hall from JBS and the Hoover kid from Estill and field a team as good as any combination of players in the Cat's Pause list.

By the way, does anyone know if Michael Campbell is even playing at Hazard this year? I know he hasn't been on the football field, this season. Rumors are all over the place and I don't care to speculate on any of them. I am curious, however, as to whether or not he will play basketball this year.

You havn't seen Michael Campbell on the football feild. He was in jail 4 a few weeks. He is out now, and back playing football.
good rankings, nice to powell in the top 10 again. cant wait to see how the season plays out.
Pages: 1 2