Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co 08-09 Schedule and Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dec 2, 08 Jackson City home 7:30 PM w
Dec 4, 08 Wolfe County home 7:30 PM w
Dec 12, 08 Estill County away 7:30 PM L
Dec 16, 08 Lee County home 7:30 PM L
Jan 9, 09 Lee County away 7:30 PM L
Jan 13, 09 Owsley County home 7:30 PM W
Jan 17, 09 Bath County away 7:30 PM W
Jan 20, 09 Knott County Central home 7:30 PM L
Jan 23, 09 Estill County home 7:30 PM W
Jan 24, 09 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM W
Jan 27, 09 Riverside Christian home 7:30 PM W
Jan 30, 09 Menifee County away 7:30 PM W
Jan 31, 09 Letcher County Central home 6:00 PM L
Feb 3, 09 Owsley County away 7:30 PM W
Feb 6, 09 Hazard home 7:30 PM L
Feb 10, 09 Magoffin County away 7:30 PM W
Feb 13, 09 Perry County Central home 7:30 PM L
Feb 14, 09 Jenkins at Riverside Christian W
Feb 17, 09 Wolfe County away 7:30 PM W

Pirates finish with a record of 12-7

Other Predictions?
Looks good to me. Although it'll be hard to win if senior David Hawkins isn't healthy.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Looks good to me. Although it'll be hard to win if senior David Hawkins isn't healthy.

I agree, Hawkins is the leader of this team this year!
With the coaching change hopefully they can adjust. Good luck to the Pirates!
The Pirates will upset alot of teams this year... they have a new coach and a young team... but if the seniors play well together they will have a good season.
Obviously Powell County is going to have a winning record but I think it be more like 10-9:wenumber1
I don't agree with Powell having a winning season just for the simple fact of them not having a mature enough team. I think there starters will be Crowe, Hawkins, Arvin, Creech, Reed. Good team but not good enough for a winning season.
I could see this being a very good year for Powell.
I predict the starters to be:
PG Sophmore Carlisle Creech
SG Senior David Hawkins
SF Senior David Crowe
PF Senior Jon Conley
C Junior Will Arvin

KEY SUBS:
Senior Billy Rice
Sophmore Morgan Reed
Junior Donavon Nolan
Ky313 Wrote:I could see this being a very good year for Powell.
SG Senior David Hawkins
SF Senior David Crowe
PF Senior Jon Conley
C Junior Will Arvin

KEY SUBS:
Senior Billy Rice
Sophmore Morgan Reed
Junior Donavon Nolan

Look for Billy Rice to take that starting job from Will Arvin.
rice will start, conley will start, crowe and hawkins, if they play together, these 4 will take powell places this season, but hard work must be there, if not, guys a long season is ahead.
Ky313 Wrote:I could see this being a very good year for Powell.
SG Senior David Hawkins
SF Senior David Crowe
PF Senior Jon Conley
C Junior Will Arvin

KEY SUBS:
Senior Billy Rice
Sophmore Morgan Reed
Junior Donavon Nolan
One of the posts said Powell would be young/not mature enough this season, but I see 3 seniors and a junior in the starting lineup (asuming the poster here is right in his opinion of the lineup) and a senior and junior coming in as key subs. That's not young or immature.
Dballer12 Wrote:I don't agree with Powell having a winning season just for the simple fact of them not having a mature enough team. I think there starters will be Crowe, Hawkins, Arvin, Creech, Reed. Good team but not good enough for a winning season.

yea we are real immature i mean since christian has moved we have no reason to be...stay n clark!:mad:
Dballer12 Wrote:I don't agree with Powell having a winning season just for the simple fact of them not having a mature enough team. I think there starters will be Crowe, Hawkins, Arvin, Creech, Reed. Good team but not good enough for a winning season.

Hey then why did you leave powell, you get tiard of being pick on? Ball hog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
BAMA#1 Wrote:Hey then why did you leave powell, you get tiard of being pick on? Ball hog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maybe he left to learn to spell.Looks like you should move too.:thatsfunn
bluegrassballa Wrote:Looks good to me. Although it'll be hard to win if senior David Hawkins isn't healthy.

What happen to Hawkins? What kind of injury did he have? Thanks
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:What happen to Hawkins? What kind of injury did he have? Thanks

Not sure what was wrong. I do know he just got realeased not too long ago.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Not sure what was wrong. I do know he just got realeased not too long ago.

Thanks bobcatfan22! I wish him the best and hope to see him on the court this season. Good luck!
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Maybe he left to learn to spell.Looks like you should move too.:thatsfunn

I know that we haven't agreed on a lot of stuff before, but thats kinda funny!!!!! Smile Smile
history in da makin1 Wrote:yea we are real immature i mean since christian has moved we have no reason to be...stay n clark!:mad:

Kind of sad that I don't even go to Clark Co.! Don't think it makes you look bad cause you think you know who someone is on here. Yea I know who Christian is, good friends with him actually. I'd move outta Powell to. They haven't done jack in the 14th region in quite a while now. Whats the point of staying on a loosing team.?
i don't think they will have a winning record. with their new coach they will be lucky to win 6 games. also from what i hear, they are a horrible team.
That you 'the real player44' powell has nothing going for them.
Thank**
the real player44 Wrote:i don't think they will have a winning record. with their new coach they will be lucky to win 6 games. also from what i hear, they are a horrible team.

They aren't a horrible team. With the players they have, they got a shot at winning district. They will even make a run for the region. So I don't know where you heard that they are horrible from.
Dballer12 Wrote:Kind of sad that I don't even go to Clark Co.! Don't think it makes you look bad cause you think you know who someone is on here. Yea I know who Christian is, good friends with him actually. I'd move outta Powell to. They haven't done jack in the 14th region in quite a while now. Whats the point of staying on a loosing team.?

yea well ur not foolin no one ill just ask ya when i c ya big guy...and wat team u play for thats so great and if u EVEN PLAY wat makes u so good...since powell sucks so bad i cnt wait to play ya its gonna be wild! but gluck! Cool
history in da makin1 Wrote:yea well ur not foolin no one ill just ask ya when i c ya big guy...and wat team u play for thats so great and if u EVEN PLAY wat makes u so good...since powell sucks so bad i cnt wait to play ya its gonna be wild! but gluck! Cool

If your not fooled then step up and say who you think it is. It looks like to me that every negitive post on here that's directed at Powell Co. you and a few others want to blame Christian for the post. It's kinda funny to me and I could care less who you think I am. It should'nt matter anyway. Grow up and get over it. Move on. If you don't like him then so be it.:dontthink
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:They aren't a horrible team. With the players they have, they got a shot at winning district. They will even make a run for the region. So I don't know where you heard that they are horrible from.

sorry but don't see them going that far. i heard from a really good source. trust me on this.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Maybe he left to learn to spell.Looks like you should move too.:thatsfunn

Guess what im from BREATHITT LMAO....:****happe
the real player44 Wrote:sorry but don't see them going that far. i heard from a really good source. trust me on this.

What source is that?
I bet it was Christian, but he wouldnt know ne thing bout this years team.
the real player44 Wrote:sorry but don't see them going that far. i heard from a really good source. trust me on this.

Well, I know that they will do good. Trust me on this.
Pages: 1 2