Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Upcoming 2009 Seniors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
who are they?
who has the potential for college ball?
Brandon Napier-Perry Central
Corey Smith at KC may have some college potential.
Russ Dotson and Josh Rison from Powell have college potential.
Brett Pittman from Middlesboro
Here we go..............................
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Brett Pittman from Middlesboro

If you follow the 13th region you know he can play? Also if you follow it you wonder if he can keep his head on straight. I remember last year I heard he had to sit out a few games for fighting in a soccor game. So it makes you wander about his attitude. Most kids with bad attitudes dont make the grades either. Any who he does have the baseball ability to do it. But it takes more than that.
Boyd Killion from Knox central
Justin Norman from Pike Central

kid can pitch
Bolander
Whitten
Frechics
Downing

From Lewis have a good shot at playing at the next level.
:Clap:
the white wizard Wrote:Boyd Killion from Knox central
Drew Freeman- Estill
Russ Dotson and Josh Rison- Powell
the dark wizard Wrote:If you follow the 13th region you know he can play? Also if you follow it you wonder if he can keep his head on straight. I remember last year I heard he had to sit out a few games for fighting in a soccor game. So it makes you wander about his attitude. Most kids with bad attitudes dont make the grades either. Any who he does have the baseball ability to do it. But it takes more than that.

Get your facts straight before you go criticizing any kid. Have you ever personally seen him having a bad attitude playing against Knox Central? That was the first incident he had ever had in any sporting events. Not to mention he was taking up for a smaller team mate, it was not a fight. They only pushed each other, there were no punches thrown. He has a 3.0 grade average. Maybe you think he has an attitude just because he's a good pitcher, and an all-around good player. One of the top premiere players in the 13th region, lead the district in strike-outs, 400 batting average. You seem to prefer the Knox Central players, so your opinion is biased. Lets not mention the incident between Knox and Bell County a few years back.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Get your facts straight before you go criticizing any kid. Have you ever personally seen him having a bad attitude playing against Knox Central? That was the first incident he had ever had in any sporting events. Not to mention he was taking up for a smaller team mate, it was not a fight. They only pushed each other, there were no punches thrown. He has a 3.0 grade average. Maybe you think he has an attitude just because he's a good pitcher, and an all-around good player. One of the top premiere players in the 13th region, lead the district in strike-outs, 400 batting average. You seem to prefer the Knox Central players, so your opinion is biased. Lets not mention the incident between Knox and Bell County a few years back.

True True.. I never said hes not a good player though. He has the skills to play. I dont follow Middlesboro players. How am I to know his gpa and what not. The incidents and what I have heard of him is word of mouth from numerous people.
Bell- Spencer Greer, Adam Overbay

Corbin- Corey Sewill, Clint Cashen
Corey Adams Paintsville switch hitting catcher , could be 15th region player of the year
the dark wizard Wrote:Bell- Spencer Greer, Adam Overbay

Corbin- Corey Sewill, Clint Cashen

A mistake here on my behalf. Clint Cashen has already graduated.
Drew Freeman - Estill
Two kids from the 14th.
Freeman-Who is a raw talent who at the next level could be a solid hitter and probaly playing at 1st.
Napier-IMO best "player" in the region, has alll the tools needed at the next level to be a solid 2nd baseman, possibly ss hitting in the 2 hole. Quick, strong arm, ability to make the tough play, understands the game, and has very quick hands.
INSIGHT Wrote:Corey Adams Paintsville switch hitting catcher , could be 15th region player of the year

Are you kidding me....there is no one from Paintsville even close to being 15th region player of the year.....especially Corey. He is to small to be a college catcher and has no experience in the in field plus very little out field....so how did you come up with him maybe being 15th region player of the year?Smile
...got no idea who you are but ..you obviously have no clue what the **** you are talking about .....adams is probably a shoe in for 15th player of the year if his season is as it was last year...east west all star selection along with daniel harmon of pikeville....adams is now switch hitting ,pop time of 1.9 hits for power and contact over 12 home runs in summer ball both right and left handed and plays a lot of outfield....but after reading your other post on paintsville coach trying to indicate that "pupaw" was wanting to get rid of coach Howard"" it seems to me that either you are a player with an ax to grind or simply just don't kking about or both.
Corey Adams should be one of the top players in this region this coming year. Does the player of the year have to be a senior? There are a few underclassman that could be in the running for player of the year. I think the player of the year will for sure come from the 57th district.
[/url]
OutsideLogic Wrote:Corey Adams should be one of the top players in this region this coming year. Does the player of the year have to be a senior? There are a few underclassman that could be in the running for player of the year. I think the player of the year will for sure come from the 57th district.

I think that fresh thru seniors are eligible but usually the vote goes to senior , based on the fact that underclassmen have another chance at it..quite possibly it is limited to jr's and sr's as is the east west all stars..not for sure...but I think if Adams or Harmon have similar seasons it will be either one of them as they were 15th region junior representatives last season and both have had very productive summers for their respective travel teams ..playing very competitive baseball and a lot of it...I don't know of any senior dominant pitching in the 15th ....but would not rule out mike conley as a pitcher...obviously chandler shepard is a dominant pitcher but he probably isn't eligible....
[/url]
Dude Wrote:Are you kidding me....there is no one from Paintsville even close to being 15th region player of the year.....especially Corey. He is to small to be a college catcher and has no experience in the in field plus very little out field....so how did you come up with him maybe being 15th region player of the year?Smile

Dude I take back my previous response to you .....your just an idiot.......without a clue.....and you can pm me if you wish to know who I am I'll give you my info..
Dude Wrote:Are you kidding me....there is no one from Paintsville even close to being 15th region player of the year.....especially Corey. He is to small to be a college catcher and has no experience in the in field plus very little out field....so how did you come up with him maybe being 15th region player of the year?Smile

Corey might very well be the best hitter in the 15th region though. Do I detect a hint of jealous in this post, I am sure that it is not knowledge. Ask any opposing coach in the 15th region and they will tell you how good of a player that Adams is. Or is there other reasons that you choose to put Adams down?
INSIGHT Wrote:[/url]

Dude I take back my previous response to you .....your just an idiot.......without a clue.....and you can pm me if you wish to know who I am I'll give you my info..

I do not need to pm you because it doesn't matter to me who you are.....this was my opinion...basing it only on the previous catchers that have left the 15th region (Timmy Hayes) and that I have never known Corey to play in field....plus he has limited playing time from Paintsville high school as a out fielder. Not bashing anyone...just voiceing my opinion. Thats all. As far as hitting...yes he does do a good job....but when did he start hitting left handed? Has to have been soon, because he never has done it during high school season.
Goodson from Perry Central
He has a pretty good arm from the mound, mid 80's and has a great bat! Should be looked at by some good schools.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Goodson from Perry Central
He has a pretty good arm from the mound, mid 80's and has a great bat! Should be looked at by some good schools.

Goodson does not throw mid-80's and his bat only got hot down the stretch last year. He does have a good arm with good movement on his fastball. Clocked 79-81 on fastball, hit 82 once with a changeup in the mid 70's. Needs to use more than just his arm...get lower body involved then mid 80's COULD be a possibility.
Joel Meade-East Ridge
great player
INSIGHT Wrote:...got no idea who you are but ..you obviously have no clue what the **** you are talking about .....adams is probably a shoe in for 15th player of the year if his season is as it was last year...east west all star selection along with daniel harmon of pikeville....adams is now switch hitting ,pop time of 1.9 hits for power and contact over 12 home runs in summer ball both right and left handed and plays a lot of outfield....but after reading your other post on paintsville coach trying to indicate that "pupaw" was wanting to get rid of coach Howard"" it seems to me that either you are a player with an ax to grind or simply just don't kking about or both.
Adams is the top senior in the 15th. I'd say Harmon would be second. Very weak senior class from the 15th. I'd say Adams could play at maybe a D-2 or a good NAIA school with some work. But I don't think he is a shoe in for the 15th region player of the year because of Chandler Shepherd. Shepherd is the best prospect hands down in the region because of his tools. I just don't know if they will give the award to an underclassman.
Pages: 1 2 3