Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does anyone have any idea why they are so high? There hasn't been any kind of major things happen in the country so why are they so high? I hate it!!:flame:
IDK but it cost me $107 to fill up on my way home from Alabama on wed. BUT my truck is a diesel, still though, on avg. it usually only costs in the $85-$95 range. I think it was like $3.97 a gallon where I stopped.
It is so expensive because the price of a barrel of oil is around $109. This has nothing to do with the oil companies or anything that has happened around the world but rather it has happened because of the bad market that we are facing here in the US. Investors are moving a lot of their money from stocks and into commodities such as oil causing the price to rise.
Will that be going down any time soon or will this keep on rising?
It's supposed to hit $4 a gallon by summer.

.....time to get a scooter.
The way it looks.... we are gonna be at $4.00 a gallon within the next month!!! UGH!!!
And racin fuel has went up from like $6 a gallon (I think that's what it was last year, can't really remember) to $7 a gallon. I'm glad I got some good sponsors, lol.
Another reason is the falling dollar. Until our government quits spending more money than we have, it will only continue.
This is a joke, right now here in Lville its $3.40 a gall
Is it not strange that last Monday a barrel of oil went up $1 topped at $111.80. Gas prices over night went up 10 cents a gallon. Thursday the price of a barrel of oil dropped to 104.48. Gas prices stay the same. What gives.
We need to stop buying stuff from China.
3 Cylinder Geo Metro =):Thumbs:
Overrated Wrote:3 Cylinder Geo Metro =):Thumbs:
Only problem is you have to buy a used one cause they quit making new ones.
Not only that, but why are gas prices in East Ky about 30 cents more than in Lexinton??!!! Dosen't this seem wrong?:confused:
Doesn't look like it is going down anytime soon!
What I hate is that when we hear that the price of oil is going up, the gas prices soar...but when the price goes back down (albeit not by very much) the gas never adjusts back down.

It takes a few hours to send the price of gas up $0.30 or $0.40, but it takes weeks for it to go down just a dime or so.
I filled up in Ashland on Monday for $2.399 per gallon.
Heck I paid 3.29 for at like noon here the other day and by 5 it had jumped up to 3.46 a gallon. It did come back down a little the next day to like 3.40.
Im hearing it's suppose to drop because they are mixing it with ethanol-alcohol..
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we're seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) the cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value
evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion
dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!
Super-Card Wrote:A little over one year ago:

dollars;

Good Post...
Midee1 Wrote:I filled up in Ashland on Monday for $2.399 per gallon.

Is that a typo or did you really pay $2.39?
:thumpsup: Great post SC..

dollars;

It was 3.399 in Jenkins yesterday, up .12 from the day before..I filled up the day before and it "only" ran me $64, with around a 1/4 tank..
Yeah, it's a sad day when $30 can't even get me half a tank.

dollars;

Has it occured to you that, if you cycle back through changes in party dominance, changes in the economic cycle, changes in conditions in the world (war, natural disaster, etc.), your premise is stretched beyond sensical reason? Little Billy cried yesterday, and then it rained. Therefore, when Billy cries, it is going to rain. One doesn't necessarily follow the other; the causal link is non-sensical upon a bit of reflection.
Well... its up to $3.45 a gallon now for regular unleaded... Desiel went to $4.19 I saw... HOW are people supposed to be able to travel to work and afford gas too??? This is crazy!
vundy33 Wrote:Is that a typo or did you really pay $2.39?

Not a typo. I paid $2.399 for a gallon of regular. There was something wrong with the pump because plus was 3.55 and premium was 3.65. I was only going to put 20.00 in but needless to say I filled it up.

phs1986 Wrote:Well... its up to $3.45 a gallon now for regular unleaded... Desiel went to $4.19 I saw... HOW are people supposed to be able to travel to work and afford gas too??? This is crazy!

I drive on average of 100 miles a day. It is a struggle to keep gas in the car.
Just heard on CBS news a couple of expert types saying that gas could be as high as $3.60/gallon for reg. unl. by this summer.
My teacher told me that if everybody in the US didn't drive for a whole day, that the gas prices would go down tremendously. But I don't see everyone in the country doing this. Well, I know doctors, cops, and those kinds of people couldn't do this. But, I thought it was a good idea.
Pages: 1 2 3 4