Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gas Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
thecavemaster Wrote:Has it occured to you that, if you cycle back through changes in party dominance, changes in the economic cycle, changes in conditions in the world (war, natural disaster, etc.), your premise is stretched beyond sensical reason? Little Billy cried yesterday, and then it rained. Therefore, when Billy cries, it is going to rain. One doesn't necessarily follow the other; the causal link is non-sensical upon a bit of reflection.

I think he was just making a sarcastic point! But anyway, the dems are just as bad and the reps if you ask me. Flip a coin. Then throw in Wall Street, the Investment Banks, mortgage brokers, fraudulent appraisers, the Fed and their weakening the dollar, war and the oil glut and you have a freaking mess!!!
Midee1 Wrote:Not a typo. I paid $2.399 for a gallon of regular. There was something wrong with the pump because plus was 3.55 and premium was 3.65. I was only going to put 20.00 in but needless to say I filled it up.

I drive on average of 100 miles a day. It is a struggle to keep gas in the car.

My dad drives a gas truck and he drives over 400 miles a day. It costs over $200 a day to fill up both tanks.
I'd hate to pay that gas bill!
This past week gas got up to $3.55 a gallon in Louisville.
Gas will keep going up and we will keep paying for it.... Occupations will adjust to it.... If you cannot afford to cruise, too bad. Move over let the rich take over... and those driving sweet Chevettes, Metros, etc.
They said in Lville that gas would get up to $4 a gallon just for Derby Weekend.
Super-Card Wrote:A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we're seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) the cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value
evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion
dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

ALL AT THE HANDS OF A WAR-HUNGRY REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.
Mr.Mister Wrote:ALL AT THE HANDS OF A WAR-HUNGRY REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.

Who can do NOTHING without his SPEND-HAPPY Congress! After all, they are the REAL shot-callers in Washington!

Wink
Well, I just read today where the President of OPEC said that for every 1% change in the value of the dollar, the price of oil adjusts $4. So this is one of the main reasons that you have seen prices soar as the dollar has fallen.

But there are some experts that expect the dollar to surge up as much as 12%. So according to OPEC, the price of oil should drop around $50.

If we want Oil (and therefore Gas) prices to go down, the value of the dollar HAS to go up.
Beef Wrote:Well, I just read today where the President of OPEC said that for every 1% change in the value of the dollar, the price of oil adjusts $4. So this is one of the main reasons that you have seen prices soar as the dollar has fallen.

But there are some experts that expect the dollar to surge up as much as 12%. So according to OPEC, the price of oil should drop around $50.

If we want Oil (and therefore Gas) prices to go down, the value of the dollar HAS to go up.

Good point, Beef.
Gas went up to $3.69 today here in the Belfry area...that's another ten cent increase in a week.
When does it end?
belfry forever Wrote:Gas went up to $3.69 today here in the Belfry area...that's another ten cent increase in a week.
When does it end?

It just went to 3.75 here in the Russell/Flatwoods area.
belfry forever Wrote:Gas went up to $3.69 today here in the Belfry area...that's another ten cent increase in a week.
When does it end?
Oil went down $3 today, so hopefully it will keep going down and we will see some relief.
When does it end?

Have you ever noticed there's usually about .10/gallon difference (lower) in Pikeville? I can't figure that one out. For years, it was cheaper in Belfry then it flip-flopped.
Midee1 Wrote:It just went to 3.75 here in the Russell/Flatwoods area.

Isn't It REDICULOUS! We're right in the Refinery's backyard and have some of the highest prices in the area! I understand the bad market, cost of the barrell of oil, and so on is more than likely the main reason for the prices to be so high but I can't help but think that the tanker carrying 7,500 gallons of crude oil overturning on I-64 Between olive hill and morehead spilling over 50% of the load into the meadian, caused a jump in the prices, and well.... it's vacation time for all the refinery employees! No offense to any of them I'm friends with many of them just talking about the company in general!

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! I'm not sure what but anyone who can come up with a plan for all of us to join together and do something but it needs to be done! I am all for protecting the environment and all but how much more damage could be caused to the world by drilling into the large supply of oil in the STATE OF ALASKA (Owned And Operated By THE USA) Not Foreign Oil Companies and Supplies! As American Citizens we all need to join together and do something, I saw Barack Obama today on a commercial for Citgo I wonder how much money that is making that gas chain?????? But in the commercial he talked about if elected he will do what it takes to lower gas prices! HMMM??
I'm getting broker by the gallon!
Actually went down to 3.59 in Phelps but is still 3.69 in Belfry and South Williamson. Pikeville yesterday was 3.51 ..... What used to cost me 35.00 to fill up now costs 48.00.... CRAZY!!!
Between buying about 60 gallons of gas each week to go back and forth to work and higher prices at the grocery store...guess I'm going to have to stay home more lol
Gas at Salyersville is always higher but they no it is last chance before the Mountain Parkway.
Midee1 Wrote:I filled up in Ashland on Monday for $2.399 per gallon.
i left home other day with $100 filled up and got a breakfast sandwich on my way to work stopped in Ashland topped off tank cause 20 cents cheaper than in Salyersville ate lunch stopped in Salyersville for a liitle league game went to the concession got a cheeseburger but didnt have enough money for a coke now ISNT THAT PITIFULL !!!!!!!!!! good thing i only drive every 3 days
Mr.Mister Wrote:ALL AT THE HANDS OF A WAR-HUNGRY REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.
i dont think someone should be president that is dumber than i am
Got this in an e-mail today.... LMAO..... thought it was appropriate to pass on!!
I wan't that as a bumper sticker the size of my tailgate! haha!
When are people going to realize that the problem is the man in the white house, with all his war spending efforts and idiotic ideas. I saw where he is trying to come up with another $70 some million or billion more, I cant really remember which, to put into the war next year. How is that possible when he wont even be in office next year after January sometime? This man is a lunatic and a retard. But its not just him, its everyone in the federal government, republicans and democrats. They are all rich and dont give less than a **** about the rest of the middle to lower class families of the nation. As long as their pockets get filled they will do what they want. Even if Obama or Clinton won the election, nothing would change, they are as bad as the republicans if not worse. I said it before and I will continue to say it, to **** with all of them, none of them are worth a ****. Nothing will ever change in this country.
Gas just went to 120.00 a barrel today.
sherman14 Wrote:Gas just went to 120.00 a barrel today.

why do you care me and you can't even drive yet...lol
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:When are people going to realize that the problem is the man in the white house, with all his war spending efforts and idiotic ideas. I saw where he is trying to come up with another $70 some million or billion more, I cant really remember which, to put into the war next year. How is that possible when he wont even be in office next year after January sometime? This man is a lunatic and a retard. But its not just him, its everyone in the federal government, republicans and democrats. They are all rich and dont give less than a **** about the rest of the middle to lower class families of the nation. As long as their pockets get filled they will do what they want. Even if Obama or Clinton won the election, nothing would change, they are as bad as the republicans if not worse. I said it before and I will continue to say it, to **** with all of them, none of them are worth a ****. Nothing will ever change in this country.

Spoken like a person who needs to up and move to another country. Possibly one in the middle east where when you speak your mind against the goverment you get executed in public as an example. Your post is a complete joke. All you do is read the headlines at Fox News and CNN and now you think you are so enlightened. Please. Do every American a favor and find the nearest border, get over it, and stay there.
I got gas today in Lville for $3.53 but other stations are back up to $3.75 a gallon.
STOP BUYING **** FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw gas in Lexington for $3.48 today and thought, "Man I need to stop and get some before I go back to Richmond where it's $3.60 a gallon."

Then, of course, I forgot to get it in Lexington....I hope it goes down before this weekend.
These prices are making it hard for me to make much profit in my lawncare business!
Pages: 1 2 3 4