Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Player at each position this year in the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to know what you guys think an all star team in the 15th region would look like. I'd have to say

PG Blake Bundy
SG Landon Slone
SF ??
PF Shane Grimm
C Devon Adams
PG-Elisha Justice
SG-Aaron Crum
SF-Landon Slone
PF-Shane Grimm
C-Deven Adams
[INDENT]
uhavenoidea Wrote:PG-Elisha Justice
SG-Aaron Crum
SF-Landon Slone
PF-Shane Grimm
C-Deven Adams
Looks good to me....

[/INDENT]
I am not a Valley fan but what about Hatfield?
uhavenoidea Wrote:PG-Elisha Justice
SG-Aaron Crum
SF-Landon Slone
PF-Shane Grimm
C-Deven Adams
Looks good to me.
PG - Bundy/Justice
SG - Crum
SF - Slone
PF - Grimm
C - Hatfield/May
Don't think you can argue against Justice at PG.
Landon is the best SG this region has seen in a while.
Aaron Crum is a dandy SF.
I would put Hatfield at PF.
Devan runs the C on my team.

This team would be amazing.
Slone for the outside shot, Crum driving, Hatfield on the baseline, Elisha commanding the floor, and Devan controlling the boards.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Don't think you can argue against Justice at PG.

Slone for the outside shot, Crum driving, Hatfield on the baseline, Elisha commanding the floor, and Devan controlling the boards.

I've only seen him play twice and both were against Pikeville (the game at Valley and the All "A"). I think him and Bundy both are great PG's, I can't choose between em. Bundy is what makes Paintsville go IMO, without him they are a completely different team. Same can be said about Justice and SV. As for Slone and Crum, Landon actually posts up quite often, Crum doesn't step inside in the 3 point line, that's why I had their positions the way I did. Grimm, no question is the best PF in the region. He is avg. 18-20 ppg from the post. Hatfield would be my center, I'm still not sold on Adams. All I have seen him do is block a few shots. I want somebody in there who can score from the post, short corner and the elbow, which Hatfield can do.
Redneck Wrote:I've only seen him play twice and both were against Pikeville (the game at Valley and the All "A"). I think him and Bundy both are great PG's, I can't choose between em. Bundy is what makes Paintsville go IMO, without him they are a completely different team. Same can be said about Justice and SV. As for Slone and Crum, Landon actually posts up quite often, Crum doesn't step inside in the 3 point line, that's why I had their positions the way I did. Grimm, no question is the best PF in the region. He is avg. 18-20 ppg from the post. Hatfield would be my center, I'm still not sold on Adams. All I have seen him do is block a few shots. I want somebody in there who can score from the post, short corner and the elbow, which Hatfield can do.

Well you would have 3 Paintsville players, and to be honest, Paintsville aint worthy of 3 players on a 15th region starting 5.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well you would have 3 Paintsville players, and to be honest, Paintsville aint worthy of 3 players on a 15th region starting 5.

PG - Bundy
SG - Justice
SF - Slone
PF - Grimm
C - Hatfield

Since Justice can put up 20 points a night when he wants to, lets just put him at SG.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Don't think you can argue against Justice at PG.

Landon aint a SG, Murray is the Tigers SG...Aaron Crum is a SG, the Crowders and Prater make up the AC frontcourt...Id much rather have Landon Driving and Crum Shooting, since Crum dont hardly drive and he is like 50% from the Arc with over 105 3's for the year, not to mention Landon can drive alil bitBig Grin ......
Redneck Wrote:PG - Bundy
SG - Justice
SF - Slone
PF - Grimm
C - Hatfield

Since Justice can put up 20 points a night when he wants to, lets just put him at SG.

NICE LIST
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well you would have 3 Paintsville players, and to be honest, Paintsville aint worthy of 3 players on a 15th region starting 5.

well its pretty obvious choices when some of the best players in the region are on the best team in the region dont you think? makes sense to me...
PG- Elisha Justice- True PG that can score if his team needs him to, and is an excellent floor general and knows how to run a team
SG- Aaron Crum- Unbelievable 3 pt shooter who has deep range, and is leading the state in 3's at around 120.
SF- Landon Slone- Best all around player in the region, can beat you from inside or outside, and can also post up a smaller guard
PF- Shane Grimm- Great post moves, and offensive rebounder, gets a lot of hustle points, and also has decent shooting range.
C- Ashley Hatfield- Hardest big man in the region to defend because he is around 6'6 and has good shooting range and is very athletic, can go inside or outside.

I would take this team against any other all star team in the state.
Redneck Wrote:PG - Bundy
SG - Justice
SF - Slone
PF - Grimm
C - Hatfield

Agreed, Bundy is what makes the Tigers go with his all out hustle on both ends....great court vision and makes very good passes to the open players.
BballFan25 Wrote:PG- Elisha Justice- True PG that can score if his team needs him to, and is an excellent floor general and knows how to run a team
SG- Aaron Crum- Unbelievable 3 pt shooter who has deep range, and is leading the state in 3's at around 120.
SF- Landon Slone- Best all around player in the region, can beat you from inside or outside, and can also post up a smaller guard
PF- Shane Grimm- Great post moves, and offensive rebounder, gets a lot of hustle points, and also has decent shooting range.
C- Ashley Hatfield- Hardest big man in the region to defend because he is around 6'6 and has good shooting range and is very athletic, can go inside or outside.

I would take this team against any other all star team in the state.

If you are going to have an all star team and have Slone and Grimm on there, you HAVE to have Bundy over Justice. Bundy knows where those boys are while having his eyes closed and can find them. And Slone and Grimm know how Blake plays and is ready for the ball to hit them right in the chest while he is looking at his feet. gravy.Cool
22lb Bass Wrote:If you are going to have an all star team and have Slone and Grimm on there, you HAVE to have Bundy over Justice. Bundy knows where those boys are while having his eyes closed and can find them. And Slone and Grimm know how Blake plays and is ready for the ball to hit them right in the chest while he is looking at his feet. gravy.Cool

Well, this thread is about who is best at each position, not who plays best with each other. And you might as well say all of Paintsville's team is on your list.
But its not all about Slone and Grimm, u could say that Elisha has to be there because of Ashley, or Alex Hammonds has to be there for Crum.. The best point guard is Elisha, and that is who i would have to take for an all star team. Blake is just too out of control at times and makes some bad decisions. Elisha RARELY takes a bad shot or makes a bad pass.
They are both great PG's, Bundy has more assists, Elisha has more points. Both are great ball handlers and can beat anybody off the dribble, both can break a press by himself if he has to. Blake is an assist machine and Elisha can score. IMO, my second line up of Bundy at PG, Justice SG, Slone SF, Grimm PF and Hatfield C, is a better line up then the one with Crum. All Crum wants to do is shoot 3's, IDC if he leads the state, he's not active enough for me.
Redneck Wrote:They are both great PG's, Bundy has more assists, Elisha has more points. Both are great ball handlers and can beat anybody off the dribble, both can break a press by himself if he has to. Blake is an assist machine and Elisha can score. IMO, my second line up of Bundy at PG, Justice SG, Slone SF, Grimm PF and Hatfield C, is a better line up then the one with Crum. All Crum wants to do is shoot 3's, IDC if he leads the state, he's not active enough for me.

I agree, all Crum does is stand around waiting for someone to pass him the ball so he can jack up another three so with that being said I don't think he could help an all star team win with players with an all around game.

I'd take the following team and Like my chances.

PG-Alex Hammonds
SG-Elisha Justice
SF-Landon Slone
PF-Shane Grimm
C-Ashley Hatifield

Backups
PG-Blake Bundy
SG-Justin Murray-Plays as hard as anyone, I'll take that anyday
SF-Tim Honaker
PF-Jarred Newman-Size
C-Devan Adams-More Size
I have to totally disagree with Ashley Hatfield as the top center in the region, simple because as the #1 center in the region you should be able to dominate against any no matter the size and when SV played BL, he didn't do much dominating against the BIG MAN from BL, I think all Hatfield dropped that night was 8 points if I'm not mistaken, but he surely never played like the best center in the region.
the_real_bball_star Wrote:I have to totally disagree with Ashley Hatfield as the top center in the region, simple because as the #1 center in the region you should be able to dominate against any no matter the size and when SV played BL, he didn't do much dominating against the BIG MAN from BL, I think all Hatfield dropped that night was 8 points if I'm not mistaken, but he surely never played like the best center in the region.

The WHOLE SV team dominated that gameSmile ...They won by about 30pts...It was like 20-2 at one point...
the_real_bball_star Wrote:I have to totally disagree with Ashley Hatfield as the top center in the region, simple because as the #1 center in the region you should be able to dominate against any no matter the size and when SV played BL, he didn't do much dominating against the BIG MAN from BL, I think all Hatfield dropped that night was 8 points if I'm not mistaken, but he surely never played like the best center in the region.
Come on, Newman is 2-3 inches taller than Ashley. Newmans body type is bigger than Ashleys. Ashley did what he had to do for his team to win, so the battle between those two goes to Shelby Valley, right?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Come on, Newman is 2-3 inches taller than Ashley. Newmans body type is bigger than Ashleys. Ashley did what he had to do for his team to win, so the battle between those two goes to Shelby Valley, right?

Right!...You dont have to dominate much, when your up 20 or more the whole game...
22lb Bass Wrote:If you are going to have an all star team and have Slone and Grimm on there, you HAVE to have Bundy over Justice. Bundy knows where those boys are while having his eyes closed and can find them. And Slone and Grimm know how Blake plays and is ready for the ball to hit them right in the chest while he is looking at his feet. gravy.Cool
Ok seriously... I won't argue at all about Grimm and Slone being two critical pieces on a 15th region all star team. But seriously the comparison between Justice and Bundy is a joke. Bundy is good, but I have seen these two head to head for years and Elisha and Logan have always frustrated Bundy and caused him to turn it over. Bundy is not even close to the best point guard in the region. But I'm not going to say he isn't the second best.
Now if I was making a team to go out and win the state championship, this is what I go with... I would go big first off and not every player would be playing the position they do on their own team.

PG- Elisha Justice- Best ball handler in the region and a great shooter. I think he is one of the most important pieces. He can get the ball down the floor and go by anyone in the state.

SG- Landon Slone- Best player in the region. He would get alot of good looks with this team.

SF- Jacob Bryant- In my opinion the best passer in the region by far. And I think anyone that follows SV would agree, I think he would really shine with this many weapons. This is where he will play in college anyway.

PF- Shane Grimm- Rebounds better and harder than anyone in the region. He is a garbage man, and that is exactly what you want him to be. He gets alot of hustle points and causes good things to happen.

C- Devon Adams- I think he has the size you need to win against some of the best in the state. He is a pretty good finisher and wouldn't have to do much with this group other than rebound and score from close.

Bench
Ashley Hatfield
Aaron Crum
Matt Clevenger
Blake Bundy
(Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_bball_star
I have to totally disagree with Ashley Hatfield as the top center in the region, simple because as the #1 center in the region you should be able to dominate against any no matter the size and when SV played BL, he didn't do much dominating against the BIG MAN from BL, I think all Hatfield dropped that night was 8 points if I'm not mistaken, but he surely never played like the best center in the region.

Quote:
Uhavenoidea:
The WHOLE SV team dominated that game ...They won by about 30pts...It was like 20-2 at one point...
)

Smile Excuse me, I was not talking about who won that game, now was I? I didn't think so. I was talking about HATFIELD not dominating. I watched the entire game from very very very close range and HATFIELD didn't even go inside that much, except for when NEWMAN was on the bench. :rockon: So lets get back on topic. Wink Who won this game has nothing to do with who the best center is in the region now does it? The fact of the matter is HATFIELD didn't do much dominating during this game. :rockon:
the_real_bball_star Wrote:(Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_bball_star

Quote:
Uhavenoidea:
The WHOLE SV team dominated that game ...They won by about 30pts...It was like 20-2 at one point...
)

Smile Excuse me, I was not talking about who won that game, now was I? I didn't think so. I was talking about HATFIELD not dominating. I watched the entire game from very very very close range and HATFIELD didn't even go inside that much, except for when NEWMAN was on the bench. :rockon: So lets get back on topic. Wink Who won this game has nothing to do with who the best center is in the region now does it? The fact of the matter is HATFIELD didn't do much dominating during this game. :rockon:

Quit downing the kid, HATFIELD would dominate you, lol. He's banged inside with Devan plenty of times and has done better than average. If it wasn't for Devan, Ashley would definitely be the best big man in the region, no other big guy can compare with Ashley's athleticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBallonlyfan
Come on, Newman is 2-3 inches taller than Ashley. Newmans body type is bigger than Ashleys. Ashley did what he had to do for his team to win, so the battle between those two goes to Shelby Valley, right?

HATFIELD did what he had to do.....and what was that?.....running around outside the paint...where he doesn't belong...he should have been inside banging around for rebounds and such.....besides he is the BEST CENTER in region to hear you folks tell it.

Don't get me wrong, HATFIELD is a wonderful ball player, I've watched him play for several years now. And he will be awesome when he is a senior!!:rockon:
the_real_bball_star Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBallonlyfan

HATFIELD did what he had to do.....and what was that?.....running around outside the paint...where he doesn't belong...he should have been inside banging around for rebounds and such.....besides he is the BEST CENTER in region to hear you folks tell it.

Don't get me wrong, HATFIELD is a wonderful ball player, I've watched him play for several years now. And he will be awesome when he is a senior!!:rockon:

Doesn't it seem like everyone is waiting to see what Valley's Sophomore class will do as seniors. 5 senior starting lineup in 2 years.

Elisha Justice
Tyler Newsome
Cody Varney
Taylor Newsome
Ashley Hatfield

They will wreak some havoc in the 15th when they are seniors.
Pages: 1 2