Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central 61 JBS 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cox with no point? Did he play alot last night? If so, and I have stayed away from all of the bashing Stepps talk, BUT THAT IS RIDICULOUS! A player like Tate not even scoring is just sad! But I am not going to say anything because he did have the chance to move on before this season/last season and chose not too so..enough said about that. Tate Cox could play anywhere..why? BECAUSE HE IS A TRUE BASKETBALL PLAYER. Laugh at me or not, but a school like Duke is a perfect fit for a player like Cox. They have Paulus and have had other players who have been 5'8-6'1 and I would put him up against any of them. He can shoot, play defense, and just plays smart but has a game last night to where he doesn't even get a chance to score. BTW, Stamper is a PURE player as well, and next year...MARK IT DOWN...HE WILL GO OFF! Best of Luck to both teams throughout.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Cox with no point? Did he play alot last night? If so, and I have stayed away from all of the bashing Stepps talk, BUT THAT IS RIDICULOUS! A player like Tate not even scoring is just sad! But I am not going to say anything because he did have the chance to move on before this season/last season and chose not too so..enough said about that. Tate Cox could play anywhere..why? BECAUSE HE IS A TRUE BASKETBALL PLAYER. Laugh at me or not, but a school like Duke is a perfect fit for a player like Cox. They have Paulus and have had other players who have been 5'8-6'1 and I would put him up against any of them. He can shoot, play defense, and just plays smart but has a game last night to where he doesn't even get a chance to score. BTW, Stamper is a PURE player as well, and next year...MARK IT DOWN...HE WILL GO OFF! Best of Luck to both teams throughout.

You have totally lost your mind. Tate is NOT a D1 player. You obviously don't get out much. He can't score against Knott CO, but he can play for Duke. Smile There's alot of kids and parents who think the way you do, but when reality sets in and get out and watch what great athletes play at that level or even the NAIA D1 level it sinks in. Go watch Georgetown College, Pikeville, Campbellsville, Cumberland and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Hey Pickenroll, I wasn't to far off on my 20 point KCC prediction. Congrats KNOTT!
Very nice win!!!
bball fan Wrote:What in the name of Alice Lloyd is going on at JBS????
I wonder!
Survivor Wrote:You have totally lost your mind. Tate is NOT a D1 player. You obviously don't get out much. He can't score against Knott CO, but he can play for Duke. Smile There's alot of kids and parents who think the way you do, but when reality sets in and get out and watch what great athletes play at that level or even the NAIA D1 level it sinks in. Go watch Georgetown College, Pikeville, Campbellsville, Cumberland and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Well when you are left out of the offense it is pretty hard to score, and obviously since you haven't read over 1000 posts about how TATE IS LEFT OUT OF THE OFFENSE, then you need to get out more. He also shouldn't be playing right now because of a leg injury along with being left out of the offense. I am not a JBS fan to say the least, and no DUKE may not be a place for Tate, but I would stack him up against players like Paulus anyday. And if he went to Georgetown or wherever, that isn't so bad either! He has no weak spots, areas, can dribble, shoot, play defense, pass with the best and has proved that when playing against the top teams and players in the state..AS A SOPHOMORE remind you!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Cox with no point? Did he play alot last night? If so, and I have stayed away from all of the bashing Stepps talk, BUT THAT IS RIDICULOUS! A player like Tate not even scoring is just sad! But I am not going to say anything because he did have the chance to move on before this season/last season and chose not too so..enough said about that. Tate Cox could play anywhere..why? BECAUSE HE IS A TRUE BASKETBALL PLAYER. Laugh at me or not, but a school like Duke is a perfect fit for a player like Cox. They have Paulus and have had other players who have been 5'8-6'1 and I would put him up against any of them. He can shoot, play defense, and just plays smart but has a game last night to where he doesn't even get a chance to score. BTW, Stamper is a PURE player as well, and next year...MARK IT DOWN...HE WILL GO OFF! Best of Luck to both teams throughout.
The last two games Cox has had 4 fouls on him and had to sit on the bench. Hard to score from there. Strange that a kid who hardly ever fouls suddenlyfouls everyone.
timeout Wrote:The last two games Cox has had 4 fouls on him and had to sit on the bench. Hard to score from there. Strange that a kid who hardly ever fouls suddenlyfouls everyone.
I guess since his leg injury he has lost a step and now he might be grabbing to keep up. I believe he was pushed back into the action to soon so he could help clark have a wonderful senior year. No way to prove such a statement just my opinion. We know what the admin will do to promote Clark. They will do anything. Purchase TV time and advertisement to get him more coverage, hire officials and thier families, asst coaches chasing players that might play Clark a little to tight, surrond him with the best athletes they can get into JBS. Practice against college competition on a daily basis. so it just makes sense that they need thier best player on the floor to help Clark get recognition. We can all see without Tate what kind of results the team and Clark have had. AVERAGE at best
A big congrats to KCC.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I guess since his leg injury he has lost a step and now he might be grabbing to keep up. I believe he was pushed back into the action to soon so he could help clark have a wonderful senior year. No way to prove such a statement just my opinion. We know what the admin will do to promote Clark. They will do anything. Purchase TV time and advertisement to get him more coverage, hire officials and thier families, asst coaches chasing players that might play Clark a little to tight, surrond him with the best athletes they can get into JBS. Practice against college competition on a daily basis. so it just makes sense that they need thier best player on the floor to help Clark get recognition. We can all see without Tate what kind of results the team and Clark have had. AVERAGE at best
I dont see were you get that, I think Stepp is a much better player than Cox. Cox might shoot better but thats it.
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont see were you get that, I think Stepp is a much better player than Cox. Cox might shoot better but thats it.
Keep pinning all your hopes on Clark and we will see where it gets JBS. IMO a seat in the audience for the regionals. I think if you were to run a poll Tate would by far be the overwhelming winner. He has carried JBS in big games so many times I can't count. Yes he is slowed right now but what is JBS without him, a middle of the region team at best. Without Clark JBS is not much worse off. At least you have a chance for team ball and getting your bigs in the game
JOBAKKA Wrote:Keep pinning all your hopes on Clark and we will see where it gets JBS. IMO a seat in the audience for the regionals. I think if you were to run a poll Tate would by far be the overwhelming winner. He has carried JBS in big games so many times I can't count. Yes he is slowed right now but what is JBS without him, a middle of the region team at best. Without Clark JBS is not much worse off. At least you have a chance for team ball and getting your bigs in the game
we will see how far JBS gets next year without him, Probably not past district.
RavenBoy Wrote:we will see how far JBS gets next year without him, Probably not past district.
Well considering that everything JBS does is for his(Clark) benefit, if everything is equal next year I believe JBS will be a better team and will do better. Cox has the highest basketball IQ i have seen in a while. One question, Is it for sure Tate will be there next year with all that has transpired at the school this year.
CONGRATS PATS! BIG DISTRICT WIN! Now, let's look forward to a good district tournament! P-A-T-S PATS! PATS! PATS!
KCC
Stamper-25
Mullins-12
Ratliff-10
Amburgey-7
Caudill-5
Bartrum-2

JBS
Clark Stepp-25
Clint Stepp-14
S. Hall-6
Collins-4
Short-2
L. Hall-1
Cox-0
Benchwarmer Wrote:KCC
Stamper-25
Mullins-12
Ratliff-10
Amburgey-7
Caudill-5
Bartrum-2

JBS
Clark Stepp-25
Clint Stepp-14
S. Hall-6
Collins-4
Short-2
L. Hall-1
Cox-0

Mullins really impressed me this game.
Hard to believe Collins only had 4 points. lol
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont see were you get that, I think Stepp is a much better player than Cox. Cox might shoot better but thats it.
They wouldn't be in the shape their in if Cox hadn't got hurt! He didn't get MVP in the WYMT for nothing, and that is where he got hurt . He finished the game with the injury after Michael Campbell fell on him.
RavenBoy Wrote:we will see how far JBS gets next year without him, Probably not past district.

Dont forget losing Trey. The stat sheet shuffler.Big Grin
#1ukfan Wrote:Tate Cox had 0 points in this game. It was the Stepp show, Clark to Clint all night, sometimes Collins would get into the action but others had very few touches. BIG WIN AND CONGRATS TO KCC!!!! Also, due to some circumstances, I was forced to sit on the JBS side. I don't want to hear ANYONE talking about how bad KCC's fans are. The JBS lady behind me whose name I know but won't release, insulted Stamper and Caudill ALL NIGHT. The fans around her were no better. NO CLASS WHAT SO EVER!!! These kids are trying to play basketball, LET THEM PLAY!!!!! I don't know why she hates these two players and the team so bad but she needs to get over herself and have some class. Also, the asst. jbs jv coach got thrown out of the jv game. That will show them. Smile
What were YOU doing on JBS' side . If you don't like it , leave it. There was much more room on the other side.
timeout Wrote:What were YOU doing on JBS' side . If you don't like it , leave it. There was much more room on the other side.

Um... possibly because he was working, and he has a right to complain. Because when it comes down to it, every team does say things about the other. But when they are absolutely rude, well thats another thing that I completely don't agree with.
How did the assistant coach get thrown out? Usually his behavior is a reflection on the head coach. For example, if the assistant coach gets a T, it is placed on the head coach. One more and the head coach has to leave the bench.
PATS2011 Wrote:Um... possibly because he was working, and he has a right to complain. Because when it comes down to it, every team does say things about the other. But when they are absolutely rude, well thats another thing that I completely don't agree with.
JBS is not near as bad as most fans. I do not agree with it either but I move if I can't take it.
I just love the fact that some of those boys went to JBS because KCC did'nt play them enough or because they did'nt get to start and the sad fact is if they had of stayed at KCC they would of got to seen more playing time. And then there is the fact that they always assume that they can beat everyone. Boys its time to learn that you don't assume anything, have'nt you heard that old saying, it makes an *** out of u and me. You guys played a good game tho, it was just our night and the Pats played like I knew they could. Congrats on the win Patriots.
I believe JBS beat KCC on their floor by more then KCC beat them. I don't think anything was assumed.
Survivor Wrote:You have totally lost your mind. Tate is NOT a D1 player. You obviously don't get out much. He can't score against Knott CO, but he can play for Duke. Smile There's alot of kids and parents who think the way you do, but when reality sets in and get out and watch what great athletes play at that level or even the NAIA D1 level it sinks in. Go watch Georgetown College, Pikeville, Campbellsville, Cumberland and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Wow! Tate is a very nice player and in my opinion, he will go on to play at the next level, but Duke?

Speaking of his ability as a sophomore, he turned seventeen before his sophomore year started, most sophomores are fifteen.

Not trying to take anything away from Tate, I really think that he is a great player, just trying to even out the playing field. Coming off an injury and not playing or practicing for a while will require a player to work the kinks out before he is 100%. He'll be fine and be back to normal soon. Good luck Tate.:rockon:
JBS was just having a bad night tonight!

They will show them in the tournament.
fly on the wall Wrote:I believe JBS beat KCC on their floor by more then KCC beat them. I don't think anything was assumed.
that was the beginning of the year. Don't dwell on the past! I believe we just saw who has improved and who hasn't....
What i have witnessed here recently is that all the teams in the 14th have improved and JBS has stayed still. With Tate Cox getting hurt that did not help them any. But if this team wants to get back to Rupp they better start involving Collins in the offense a little more.
allthewayhome Wrote:Does anybody know who the Marshall scout was looking at?

stamper
Pages: 1 2 3