Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What is wrong with JBS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I dont agree with most of you all that it is all clarks fault. He has his downfalls just like every other player on that team. First of all the 6'8 boy collins does not care if he plays or not. Second Short cannot hold on to a rebound, not strong enough what so ever and third the other stepp boy shooting way to many shots that arent good shots. When he spots up and shoots his shot he is very deadly but if he tries to create then it usually is trouble. Hall the blonde headed one, just goes crazy when he gets the ball. I mean it is a team effort you can go on down the line finding faults. Cox being injured does not help them out either. Hopefully this will help them more than hurt them though i would like to see them bounce back strong from this skid!
I haven't seen JBS since the skid started, just guessing. Cox is still hurt. Who else can take up the slack much less distribute the ball? JBS went into a funk that I saw last year. After beating Bell County, their nose dive was to the middle of the pack in the 14th. Tough schedule from get go and even more exhausting scrutiny could be taking its toll. It's better to rest psychologically now than later, in the district tournament. JBS' strength is team.
When a team breaks down, the individuals look horrible at first from an individual skills point of view and later, from a dazed and confused view which is akin to a batter going in a slump. How do we get it back? I know I'm pressing, but it's getting worse!
I thought the only thing that might upset the team's rhythm this year would be the emergence of Cox. His obvious physical talent was going to start overpowering people. He would begin to take advantage of that. But now the team is not in the same rythm as it was. Team play is sometimes very finely tuned and what seems like an advantage can sometimes throw the other strings out of tune. Used to happen all the time in the 50's and 60's and probably happened to that fine Paintsville team that won it all (I didn't get to see them). These things work themselves out, but have to run their course. Last year, with Stepp commanding the ball 80% of the time this was a dominant team. Everyone knew Stepp would spin into the lane after dribbling forever and then hit that short jumper or dish. That was the offense in the halfcourt. No one stopped it even with Stepp's obviously deficient right hand. Stepp returned this year and he had worked so hard on that right hand that it was difficult to tell which hand was dominant; I would be surprised if he worked less than 5-10 hours per week for that improvement. Selfish? Maybe. Dumb? Not by a long shot. A smart hard working player like Stepp knows his ticket to a midmajor is as a strong, fundamentally sound 1-2 guard who brings about 10 points and 6 assists, keeps the team within the coach's concept and makes few mistakes. That's not his role on a team without a scoring frontline and an injured Tate Cox who is feeling his way to a new role. When hitting on all cylinders, this is the best hope for the mountains at Rupp, including Paintsville.
elijah Wrote:I haven't seen JBS since the skid started, just guessing. Cox is still hurt. Who else can take up the slack much less distribute the ball? JBS went into a funk that I saw last year. After beating Bell County, their nose dive was to the middle of the pack in the 14th. Tough schedule from get go and even more exhausting scrutiny could be taking its toll. It's better to rest psychologically now than later, in the district tournament. JBS' strength is team.
When a team breaks down, the individuals look horrible at first from an individual skills point of view and later, from a dazed and confused view which is akin to a batter going in a slump. How do we get it back? I know I'm pressing, but it's getting worse!
I thought the only thing that might upset the team's rhythm this year would be the emergence of Cox. His obvious physical talent was going to start overpowering people. He would begin to take advantage of that. But now the team is not in the same rythm as it was. Team play is sometimes very finely tuned and what seems like an advantage can sometimes throw the other strings out of tune. Used to happen all the time in the 50's and 60's and probably happened to that fine Paintsville team that won it all (I didn't get to see them). These things work themselves out, but have to run their course. Last year, with Stepp commanding the ball 80% of the time this was a dominant team. Everyone knew Stepp would spin into the lane after dribbling forever and then hit that short jumper or dish. That was the offense in the halfcourt. No one stopped it even with Stepp's obviously deficient right hand. Stepp returned this year and he had worked so hard on that right hand that it was difficult to tell which hand was dominant; I would be surprised if he worked less than 5-10 hours per week for that improvement. Selfish? Maybe. Dumb? Not by a long shot. A smart hard working player like Stepp knows his ticket to a midmajor is as a strong, fundamentally sound 1-2 guard who brings about 10 points and 6 assists, keeps the team within the coach's concept and makes few mistakes. That's not his role on a team without a scoring frontline and an injured Tate Cox who is feeling his way to a new role. When hitting on all cylinders, this is the best hope for the mountains at Rupp, including Paintsville.

Then we are in trouble in the mountains if JBS is our hope. Good things opinions vary. Most do not agree with JBS being our best hope. Elliot, Hazard, Paintsville, Shelby Valley are all better hopes IMO.
JOBAKKA Wrote:[/color][/u][/b]
Then we are in trouble in the mountains if JBS is our hope. Good things opinions vary. Most do not agree with JBS being our best hope. Elliot, Hazard, Paintsville, Shelby Valley are all better hopes IMO.

I agree with that, all four teams mentioned above are better than JBS.
In response to post #15 - YES, all teams probably have a "Stepp" player, the difference being the majority of the other teams coaches are not uncle, dad or some other family member. The majority of these other coaches are not overly intent making a success of 1 or 2 players, but the success of the team. These other coaches are telling their players to play team ball & if they showboat or think they run the show they pick out splinters for a while. This is not true at JBS, where 1 or 2 players are told they are the ones to shoot, build stats, etc. -while the other players are there for these two support.
Its crazy whats going on now but I'd say they will have it all pulled together by Tourny time.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Hes not fully recoverd yet....the games he was out...clark got used to taking every shot down the court

What is wrong with Cox?
cheerforblue Wrote:What is wrong with Cox?
He was out for a month with a knee injury. Takes a few games to get back in shape
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Not like it wasn't right there in front of everyone all along. Maybe it just took 3 losses here in the 14th region for some to even notice. #2 in the state in scoring and #2 in career assists don't usually get you wins on the floor. Remember when Michael Jordan first came into the NBA, he was scoring 50 a game, but they didn't win very many, then he learned how to use his team mates and his average went down, but the wins came up. Just an idea!

are you comparing stepp to jordan???? your a joke
Survivor Wrote:I agree with that, all four teams mentioned above are better than JBS.

if these four teams are better, than they will all make it to rupp, seriously doubt hazard will though. but if they do make it, i bet all of the jbs fans will be behind them, like we were at the all a.
JBS will be fully prepared come march. If i'm not wrong, they lost a few give me's last season before winning the region also.. Just a little pre state slump i guess !
CantTouchMe Wrote:JBS will be fully prepared come march. If i'm not wrong, they lost a few give me's last season before winning the region also.. Just a little pre state slump i guess !
One win and they are back declaring a state title run. You gotta love the Crusader faithful they are consistant
JBS will hopefully have it together come tourney time.
I think JBS has a few insider problems taken care of off the court now and Tate Cox is finally healthy and looking better each game. Probaly about 90% right now, but will be 100% before postseason. Dont count out JBS, they have the same team that one the region last year and this is the team that has competed with Lex Catholic, Mason Co, and lost a close one to Bryan Station preseason. This is a talented team who has some off court issues to work out. Those issues are taken care of and waatch this team accelerate thru the postseason.
After thier last two wins(Johnson Central, P-burg) I still see the same problems. This team is not playing like a top of the region team. If they do not get it together soon, the dream will be dead.
MR. ANTI JBS JOBAKKA. Have you ever had anything good to say about JBS. No you havent. You are just a jealous person hiding behind a computer that fears JBS is going to return to state. JBS has great talent and a great team, if you cant see this, then you obviously know nothing about basketball. Im sure when JBS went last year, you probally said they cheated or something. I can guarantee one thing, I guarantee you didnt congradulate them on their 14th region tourney title and Im positive you werent behind them when they went to state. This site should be for true mountain fans only. Maybe you should open your eyes. Maybe JBS isnt the best team in the region, maybe they are, but I can guarantee you they are one of the top 2 teams in the region. They lost 3 games in the region last year and they won the region tourney, why dont you think they have a shot this year? They have lost 3 region games this year so far too. This team is a legit shot to win the 14th and to make some noise at Rupp whether you like it or not!
bigblue4ever Wrote:MR. ANTI JBS JOBAKKA. Have you ever had anything good to say about JBS. No you havent. You are just a jealous person hiding behind a computer that fears JBS is going to return to state. JBS has great talent and a great team, if you cant see this, then you obviously know nothing about basketball. Im sure when JBS went last year, you probally said they cheated or something. I can guarantee one thing, I guarantee you didnt congradulate them on their 14th region tourney title and Im positive you werent behind them when they went to state. This site should be for true mountain fans only. Maybe you should open your eyes. Maybe JBS isnt the best team in the region, maybe they are, but I can guarantee you they are one of the top 2 teams in the region. They lost 3 games in the region last year and they won the region tourney, why dont you think they have a shot this year? They have lost 3 region games this year so far too. This team is a legit shot to win the 14th and to make some noise at Rupp whether you like it or not!
Hey, I really dont like JBS at all but they do have a better shot in the 14th and at State than anyone else in the 14th, IMO.
Come on now JBS fans. Step up to the plate and make a strike in defense of your hometown team. Hard to see that JuneBuchananSchool has a better shot at Rupp when it is highly debatable if they are even the best in their own district. Is Cordia better? Is KCC better?

Overhyped and screaming for a let down. Let me ask you JuneBuchananSchool defenders this simple question "If JuneBuchananSchool goes to Rupp and plays a top team AND plays like they are the last few games vs Cordia, PCC, KCC etc, then how will they make a big showing for the 14th? More likely make the 14th look weak.

Hazard is the big dog right now. JuneBuchananSchool is becoming everyone's whipping boy lol.
JBS plays horrible and teams barely beat them around here. Scary, if they get it back together and start playing right.
RavenBoy Wrote:JBS plays horrible and teams barely beat them around here. Scary, if they get it back together and start playing right.

Horrible is a relative term lol. A team that plays consistently 'horrible' is a ___________ team. (not my definition btw) Last 6 games they're 3 and 3. And losses vs district teams. And now a district loss @ JuneBuchananSchool. hmmmmmmm........
Survivor Wrote:Bull, how long you going to use that one? I guess until they finally win a game and then he will be fully recovered. He didn't even have a tear, just a strain. He is fully recovered.

Cox is not fully recovered, ive watched him at a couple games and he has held to his knee during timeouts, and sometimes even limped. Cox is not fully recovered.
bigblue4ever Wrote:MR. ANTI JBS JOBAKKA. Have you ever had anything good to say about JBS. No you havent. You are just a jealous person hiding behind a computer that fears JBS is going to return to state. JBS has great talent and a great team, if you cant see this, then you obviously know nothing about basketball. Im sure when JBS went last year, you probally said they cheated or something. I can guarantee one thing, I guarantee you didnt congradulate them on their 14th region tourney title and Im positive you werent behind them when they went to state. This site should be for true mountain fans only. Maybe you should open your eyes. Maybe JBS isnt the best team in the region, maybe they are, but I can guarantee you they are one of the top 2 teams in the region. They lost 3 games in the region last year and they won the region tourney, why dont you think they have a shot this year? They have lost 3 region games this year so far too. This team is a legit shot to win the 14th and to make some noise at Rupp whether you like it or not!
Well bigblue4ever, after KCC put the whipdown on your JBS do you still feel they are the 2nd best in the region. After losing 4 regional games recently they may be closer to the middle than the top. You are right about one thing I did not get behind the Crusaders trip last year. I have no problem stating I DO NOT LIKE JBS, it is because of one of the coaching staff and the fair weather fans who get on these forum boards and act as if they only play in this region for fun, and thier better than anyone else attitude. It is not all the JBS faithful but some get on here after victories and talk about how unbeatable they are. So if you brag then be prepared to eat the crow you are shoveling to everyone else. No disrespect meant to any of the players as most of them conduct themselves as gentlemen. The example they are provided, it is amazing they carry themselves so well. You do not decide who gets to use this forum ar decide which region it should represent. It is my opinion they are imploding with the expectations of individual accomplishments. If they make noise at Rupp I suspect it will be from the stands. IMHO:ChairHit:
ARC Wrote:Horrible is a relative term lol. A team that plays consistently 'horrible' is a ___________ team. (not my definition btw) Last 6 games they're 3 and 3. And losses vs district teams. And now a district loss @ JuneBuchananSchool. hmmmmmmm........
That made no sense whatsoever.
RavenBoy Wrote:That made no sense whatsoever.

Sorry, I'll spell it out for you. You say that jbs is playing 'horrible' and still almost winning. Nevertheless, a team that is playing 'horribly' half the time (last 6 games they are 3 and 3), is a horrible team.
JOBAKKA Wrote:... If they (jbs) make noise at Rupp I suspect it will be from the stands. IMHO:ChairHit:

Smile
ARC Wrote:Sorry, I'll spell it out for you. You say that jbs is playing 'horrible' and still almost winning. Nevertheless, a team that is playing 'horribly' half the time (last 6 games they are 3 and 3), is a horrible team.
They are 3 for 3. There playing horrible but if they play like they did before the last 6 games they will make it to state. Hello Mcfly. Rolleyes
JBS is the greatest .500 team in the region now. C'mon you really don't expect them to just turn it around in one game and everything will be fine. Thier problems run very deep.
I still think it strange, JBS has lost 4 games since the leaving of their headmaster and assistant athletic director. Is there some link between these two and the basketball team winning and loosing. Were these two not also refs, one being a ref for many, many years? Also could the reason for the headmaster leaving be causing conflicts among the players?
the_last_crusader Wrote:I still think it strange, JBS has lost 4 games since the leaving of their headmaster and assistant athletic director. Is there some link between these two and the basketball team winning and loosing. Were these two not also refs, one being a ref for many, many years? Also could the reason for the headmaster leaving be causing conflicts among the players?

crusader I see from where you are coming from, i know these two guys very well, i personaly don't think they would stoop that low to have that done. I don't see any friction between them and the team. I really can't understand whats going on. I do know if they (jbs ) don't get it in gear they will not make it out of the hills this year.
The slide continues for JBS. 4 Regional games in a row are now in th loss column. This is more than a off-night or the refs or any other excuse. they are in trouble if they want to repeat in the regional tournament. Hazard, Cordia, Perry Central, Knott Central. These games have been fairly close ut there does seem to be a blueprint for beating the Crusaders.
Pages: 1 2 3 4