Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's the better QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
or
Brett Favre???

Thoughts???
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
or
Brett Favre???

Thoughts???

Skillls alone I'd go with Manning, Favre, Brady (maybe flop Brady and Favre). but better quarterback in all aspects of it is Brady. Favre, Manning.
BFritz Wrote:Skillls alone I'd go with Manning, Favre, Brady (maybe flop Brady and Favre). but better quarterback in all aspects of it is Brady. Favre, Manning.

I agree.
well I think that these are some of the top QBs of all time but i think that I would have to say:

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Brady

1 and 2 could be switched
1 Tom Brady 4 AFC championships Rings 3 Super Bowls Rings(gettin ready to be 4) 14-2 in the Postseason
2.Brett Favre The toughest player to ever play the QB position IMO
3.Peyton Manning has 1 Ring, but seems to choke in the playoffs almost every year
RedSeal Wrote:1 Tom Brady 4 AFC championships Rings 3 Super Bowls Rings(gettin ready to be 4) 14-2 in the Postseason
2.Brett Favre The toughest player to ever play the QB position IMO
3.Peyton Manning has 1 Ring, but seems to choke in the playoffs almost every year

I agree fully with every point, but I think you have to add that Brady is the most clutch NFL player of all time (maybe), and that's a big reason for their success.
colts12 Wrote:well I think that these are some of the top QBs of all time but i think that I would have to say:

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Brady

1 and 2 could be switched

Yea this what i would expect coming from a Coltsfan lol, even though Brady is by far the best QB in the NFL

Tom Brady Pats 18-0
Broke the single season passing TD's record
4 AFC Championships 3 Super Bowl Rings ( getting ready to be 4)
14-2 in postseason( Winningest QB all time in the playofs)
Tom Brady and Joe Montana is the best 2 QB's to ever play in the NFL(IMO)
1) Farve
2) Brady
3) Manning
Brady by far, He dont wear Wrangler Jeans.
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning

3. Brett Favre
RavenBoy Wrote:Brady by far, He dont wear Wrangler Jeans.

I totally agree!!!!:rockon:

There's not a **** thing wrong with wearin Wrangler's...

As far as the better career, Favre. BUT both Brady and Peyton could break Favre's records before their careers are over if they stay healthy.

As far as who is the best right now, I gotta go with Brady, THIS year. Last year it was Peyton. Next year it will prolly be Peyton again then Brady then Peyton etc. By far the best QB's in professional football today.
Peyton is the better QB, but, Brady has the team to go with his skills. Last year was a perfect example. The Colts lost key players and still had a great season, if they had the same team this year the patsy's would have been beaten. IMO. All three are hall of famers though.
IMO
Peyton
Favre
Brady( still young and will break many records)
BRETT FAVRE is by FAR the BETTER QB of all the others I dont care if he is older he is a legend and thats that!! nxt in line is Manning then Brady,.

I wear wranglers sometimes, lol. But Brady is by far the best out of the three. Hes won 3 Super Bowls, attempting to win 4, MVP's, several records and not to mention his regular season 18-0 record and 14-2 postseason. Favre is the toughest and most legendary QB of all time. I mean to play 275 consecutive games at that position is just flat out unreal. Manning is one heck of a QB and will win a few more Super Bowls before he is done IMO. He has a great arsenal of receivers in Harrison, Wayne, and Gonzalez and also Dallas Clark at the tight end.
runnergal4 Wrote:BRETT FAVRE is by FAR the BETTER QB of all the others I dont care if he is older he is a legend and thats that!! nxt in line is Manning then Brady,.

By all-time stats, Brett is better. But talent wise, IMO Tom Brady. Tom will break all his records respectably.
RedSeal Wrote:Yea this what i would expect coming from a Coltsfan lol, even though Brady is by far the best QB in the NFL

Tom Brady Pats 18-0
Broke the single season passing TD's record
4 AFC Championships 3 Super Bowl Rings ( getting ready to be 4)
14-2 in postseason( Winningest QB all time in the playofs)
Tom Brady and Joe Montana is the best 2 QB's to ever play in the NFL(IMO)

lol...Really, I think that all three of these QB's are in the all time top 10, if not higher. But i think that if Manning had the team that Brady does hed definently be better.

I agree that Montana is the best ever.
Tom Brady..BAR NONE!
Tom Brady
Tom Brady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slingblade93 Wrote:Peyton is the better QB, but, Brady has the team to go with his skills. Last year was a perfect example. The Colts lost key players and still had a great season, if they had the same team this year the patsy's would have been beaten. IMO. All three are hall of famers though.

This year maybe. But what about the three previous Superbowls he won. The best receiver he had was Brown and that's it. Brady started winning the moment he was put into the lineup and hasn't stopped.
It just kills us old farts that someone is now being mention in the same sentence with Montana, Bradshaw, Elway and Staubach.
We just have to admit it people....Tom Brady is the real deal and he is only 30 years old. The man can play. **** They may not lose again untill late 2009 or 2010! Think about it.
[quote=colts12]lol...Really, I think that all three of these QB's are in the all time top 10, if not higher. But i think that if Manning had the team that Brady does hed definently be better.

I agree that Montana is the best ever.[/QUOTE

The first 3 super bowls Tom Brady won, he really didnt have a great reciever besides Troy Brown, now that they brought in 2 deep threats it just goes to show you that Tom Brady is the real deal, and as far as Peyton Manning goes the Colts have just as good as recievier as the Patritos do. Honestly Manning has Dwight Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzazlez, those guys IMO are just as good but you could Randy Moss above everyone though but thats it really, Your just gonna have to admit Peyton Manning is a choke artist..Sad
Its according who each has to throw to. Manning is a brain...Favre is tough...... Brady is cool. So,... I'm gonna go with Joe Montana!
I think everybody knows Joe Montana was the best ever, but since he's not on the list........
RedSeal Wrote:The first 3 super bowls Tom Brady won, he really didnt have a great reciever besides Troy Brown, now that they brought in 2 deep threats it just goes to show you that Tom Brady is the real deal, and as far as Peyton Manning goes the Colts have just as good as recievier as the Patritos do. Honestly Manning has Dwight Clark, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzazlez, those guys IMO are just as good but you could Randy Moss above everyone though but thats it really, Your just gonna have to admit Peyton Manning is a choke artist..Sad

Im not just talkin about recievers. The Patriots have the best offensive line in the NFL(which gives Brady forever), WAY better special teams than the Colts, great linebackers, and a pretty good secondary. If Peyton had all of that than he'd be the better QB. And im not sayin that Brady isnt good, I think he is amazing. ...and going back to the recievers. Harrison was out for 11 games this season and Gonzalez is good but inexpierienced. Now the Patriots have Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, K. Brady, Faulk who is great out of the backfield, and even Gaffney was startin to do real good at the end of the season. You can't possibly think that the Colts recieving core is as good as the Patriots......and o yea its Dallas Clark, not Dwight.
colts12 Wrote:Im not just talkin about recievers. The Patriots have the best offensive line in the NFL(which gives Brady forever), WAY better special teams than the Colts, great linebackers, and a pretty good secondary. If Peyton had all of that than he'd be the better QB. And im not sayin that Brady isnt good, I think he is amazing. ...and going back to the recievers. Harrison was out for 11 games this season and Gonzalez is good but inexpierienced. Now the Patriots have Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, K. Brady, Faulk who is great out of the backfield, and even Gaffney was startin to do real good at the end of the season. You can't possibly think that the Colts recieving core is as good as the Patriots......and o yea its Dallas Clark, not Dwight.

If they were healthy they would be the 2nd best group in the NFL of wide outs, and im not sayin that they are just as good but they are a bunch of talented playmakers also, and sorry for (sp) of Dallas Clark(Great TE)
1)Brady
2)Farve
3)Manning
RedSeal Wrote:If they were healthy they would be the 2nd best group in the NFL of wide outs, and im not sayin that they are just as good but they are a bunch of talented playmakers also, and sorry for (sp) of Dallas Clark(Great TE)

Well no matter how talented the teams are thes are both great QBs and future Hall of Famers.
BFritz Wrote:I think everybody knows Joe Montana was the best ever, but since he's not on the list........

I know, I know, He's my all time favorite though. With the options I have, I will pick Brady, Manning, Favre.:rockon:
Pages: 1 2