Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 58 Hazard 53 - WYMT Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final
Sounds like it was a great game.
Congrats to JBS.
Just watched it on WYMT. Wasn't very impressed with JBS. Good game though. Congrats JBS.
Shows people in the 14th can compete with JBS.
ALL-TOUR. TEAM, etc.

Stuart Stamper-KCC
Clark Stepp-JBS
Tate Cox-JBS (MVP)
Tim Honaker-Pikevillle
Garrison Collins-JBS
Michael Campbell-Hazard
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Sportmanship Award: Justin Jones- Hazard
110% award: Brent Hall-JBS
Clark Stepp- 22pts.
Cox- 19pts.
I was one to think of this game was low scoring that Hazard would have taken this one! Played right into there favor and just goes to show you how tough this JBS team is! Talk about an All-A tourney to be! I can't wait.
This was a great game. Congrats JBS
Good Game! Congrats JBS!!!
wooo GO JBS. Keep it up
This was a very close game through out. I as def. pulling for Hzard but sometimes it jsut doesnt happen. Congrads JBS
Congrats Crusaders!
Congrats and way to go JBS keep this up and you guys will be rolling down the big road this March to Lexington. Good game Hazard.:thumbsup
This wasnt a easy earned game for the Crusaders, but they pulled it out....Hard effort by both teams, and Congrats to JBS.
Congrats to JBS for the win. Hazard played a hard fought game and come up just a little short in this one. One interesting fact that no one has mentioned so far is that Hazard didnt get to the free throw line at all in the first half.

uk96

Al Holland had a great game plan and executed it very well. Hazard controlled the tempo and kept it close to the end. Hazard shot very well from outside tonight and Jbs didnt shoot like they had the past few weeks. JBS didnt distribute the ball like they did against Pikeville and that played into Hazards plan. JBS never could get a good lead so they could play their type of tempo. I cant wait if they meet in the ALL A......
I predicted JBS by 5 & they won by 4 Wink ol JYD might know a thing or two Smile Also, as I predicted this would be a hard fought victory for JBS. Tate Cox was money again tonight and Clark Stepp was fantastic. The supporting cast does their job. JBS is a tough team! With all that said, I do think Hazard is more than capable of beating JBS though. When Wallen begins to mesh with the bulldogs I think it will make them a better team. Before the season is over Hazard will more than likely play JBS two more times this year. IMO I don't see JBS beating Hazard 3 straight games. Great game tonight & good luck to both teams
JBS showed tonight that they are capable of controlling the tempo effective enough to play with a tough Hazard team. As far as the comment about Hazard not getting to the free throw line the first half was due to their choice of shot selection from the perimeter and not forcing the ball enough inside to challenge JBS's Big men inside. After the incident in last night's game, with Coach Holland sending his best free throw shooter to the line when someone else was fouled and should have been shooting. I was sitting behind Hazard's bench during that game and witnessed the coaching staff after the player made both free throws and timeout was called, cautioning the players about celebrating to much about getting by with it. Feel free to response to this but get ready to hear from a lot of fans whom witnessed the same inicident. I predicted JBS to win by 5.
I think this game proved that the Dawgs can play with JBS. The score was tied at half time. It was toward the end of the game when the Bulldogs missed a couple of shots and JBS took the lead. If JBS thought they were going to win this one by 30 or 40 points they were badly mistaken. I couldn't be more proud of the Bulldogs right now if they had won. I was very proud of the way the Dawgs played tonight. Congrats to both teams. We will meet again!!

BULLDOG PRIDE!!!!

uk96

Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I predicted JBS by 5 & they won by 4 Wink ol JYD might know a thing or two Smile Also, as I predicted this would be a hard fought victory for JBS. Tate Cox was money again tonight and Clark Stepp was fantastic. The supporting cast does their job. JBS is a tough team! With all that said, I do think Hazard is more than capable of beating JBS though. When Wallen begins to mesh with the bulldogs I think it will make them a better team. Before the season is over Hazard will more than likely play JBS two more times this year. IMO I don't see JBS beating Hazard 3 straight games. Great game tonight & good luck to both teams

Hazard is going to have to start putting teams away that they should be beating or they may not meet in the region finals. Hazard had two close calls and could have easily not made it to the finals of this one. They should surely meet in the ALL A but the region finals is more of a question mark. Hazard did suprise me in this game though because I thought the had been playing mediocre. I might be wrong but I think this is the closest that Hazard will get to JBS this year. Should be fun to watch.....
Congratulations to Tate Cox on the MVP award and finally Brent Hall got some well deserved recognition for his hard playing and filling his role as a tough rebounder on both ends of the court, playing good hard -nosed defense and a scoring threat in the low post. Short and S. Hall are also big part of the success of this JBS team.

uk96

It was good to see Tate Cox win the MVP of the tourney....He is a class act and IMO the best player around the mountains. He is a special player and makes everyone around him better. It will be something to watch him next year when he moves to his natural position of point guard. He will IMO be the best point to come out of east Ky in a long long time...I really thought that JBS"s three inside players really played well in the tourney and even though they dont score as many points I think they are what makes this team so good because they block and alter so many shots and hold teams to mostly one shot a possession. They will never get the credit in the box scores but they are what makes the difference in this team.....
Congrats JBS!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I predicted JBS by 5 & they won by 4 Wink ol JYD might know a thing or two Smile Also, as I predicted this would be a hard fought victory for JBS. Tate Cox was money again tonight and Clark Stepp was fantastic. The supporting cast does their job. JBS is a tough team! With all that said, I do think Hazard is more than capable of beating JBS though. When Wallen begins to mesh with the bulldogs I think it will make them a better team. Before the season is over Hazard will more than likely play JBS two more times this year. IMO I don't see JBS beating Hazard 3 straight games. Great game tonight & good luck to both teams

they won by 5. 58-53
uhavenoidea Wrote:ALL-TOUR. TEAM, etc.

Stuart Stamper-KCC
Clark Stepp-JBS
Tate Cox-JBS (MVP)
Tim Honaker-Pikevillle
Garrison Collins-JBS
Michael Campbell-Hazard
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Two kids from Cumberland also made the all tournament team (Brock Leisge and Garfield Wilson)
What was the final list of the all-tournament team?
uhavenoidea Wrote:ALL-TOUR. TEAM, etc.

Stuart Stamper-KCC
Clark Stepp-JBS
Tate Cox-JBS (MVP)
Tim Honaker-Pikevillle
Garrison Collins-JBS
Michael Campbell-Hazard
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Two kids from Cumberland also made the all tournament team (Brock Leisge and Garfield Wilson)

Tate Cox - JBS (MVP)
Clark Stepp - JBS
Garrison Colins - JBS
Justin Jones - Hazard
Michael Campbell - Hazard
Josh Whitaker - Hazard
Brock Leisge - Cumberland
Garfield Wilson - Cumberland
Stuart Stamper - KCC
Tim honaker - Pikeville
Harlan Man Wrote:Two kids from Cumberland also made the all tournament team (Brock Leisge and Garfield Wilson)

Tate Cox - JBS (MVP)
Clark Stepp - JBS
Garrison Colins - JBS
Justin Jones - Hazard
Michael Campbell - Hazard
Josh Whitaker - Hazard
Brock Leisge - Cumberland
Garfield Wilson - Cumberland
Stuart Stamper - KCC
Tim honaker - Pikeville

Seems about right, I would like to have seen a spot on there for D. Adams from Pikeville.
Great Win JBS! Glad you beat Hazard concerning how rude their fan section is toward everyone. Great job to everyone on your team and your fans for holding your tempers with the way their fans treated you. Good luck in the future and reclaim the 14th regional championship.
cheer_girl2007 Wrote:Great Win JBS! Glad you beat Hazard concerning how rude their fan section is toward everyone. Great job to everyone on your team and your fans for holding your tempers with the way their fans treated you. Good luck in the future and reclaim the 14th regional championship.
The only rude people were the Hazard Pep Section and everyones pep section is rude if you get out of Eastern Ky. As for the game, Tate Cox did look good. Stepp was taking too many shots and missing them and almost cost them the game. Didnt use Collins either. If JBS would have played as a team they could have beat Hazard by 20 or 30.
Pages: 1 2 3 4