Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are some things on BGR that really annoy you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One of my pet peeves is when people post a thread and feel the need to put more than one question mark at the end.

Is there really a need to put ?????? at the end of the thread? You're asking a question, we get it, lol.

Another thing would have to be capitalization. Seriously, how hard is it to hit SHIFT?

Keep it civil in here, no bashing of anyone or the site.
Sorry CE...I am bad for the ????

LOLOL...Didn't wanna set off your "pet peeve"! Smile
Lol.

Oh let's see, spam accounts are another thing that annoys me.
And BGR Babe. Thank God she's gone.
CE...sorry about the ?????...I am bad for it...don't mean to annoy you, but I'm sure it's not the only thing I have ever done to annoy you in life.

BTW...I miss BGR Babe, she was less annoying than some real members.
Smile
What kind of thread is this anyways???

Smile

I hate it when people can't distinguish between two, to, too. Also been seeing a bunch of loose instead of lose. That irritates the heck outta me.
Lets see, spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes kill me.

AND

Sorry CE for the (???), I do it alot also... LOL.
punctuashun especially not using periods n spelleng n TIEPING N CAPZ N USING SHORT TEXT NSTED OF SPELLENG OUT THE WHOLE WORDS N I ALSO HATE When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Sentence n when u r triying 2 make out what a sentence says N CANT BCAUSE OF STUFF LIKE THIS I SWEAR I AM LOOSING IT
like that????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (lol)
LOL Im going out on a limb and going to say Im probally the only one who does some of those things Tide. Haha.
Sorry CE about the ???? I do that a lot also. And I have used the short text. lol
Just punctuation and some other members...that's it.
blackcat_student Wrote:Lets see, spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes kill me.

AND

Sorry CE for the (???), I do it alot also... LOL.

I ain't the smartest man in the world but I don't think you are suppose to use a comma inbetween the words "grammar" and "and".
Redneck Wrote:I ain't the smartest man in the world but I don't think you are suppose to use a comma inbetween the words "grammar" and "and".

I'm never too sure about that either. I've had several teachers teach it each way. Some say if you have a list of 3 of more things a comma goes after each item including the item directly before and. Other teachers say to NOT put a comma on the last item before and. I think it's more of a personal decision.
A comma goes before the and.... ,,,,,,,,,

EXAMPLE:::: baseball, football, and basketball

Ta Da!!!!
I usually don't capitalize because I post using my phone and the shift button is sometimes hard to get to.what annoys me is going to a thread and seeing the same thing over and over like good job, cngrats, way to go just over and over again
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I usually don't capitalize because I post using my phone and the shift button is sometimes hard to get to.what annoys me is going to a thread and seeing the same thing over and over like good job, cngrats, way to go just over and over again

Sorry about that. I do that a lot. Sad I don't know what else to say though, haha.
I HATE smart replies....
I HATE five out of six mis-spelled words in a post....
I HATE bashing of kids......

LOLOL..... I have a few more that I'll keep to myself!! :p
Yes, "congrats" 47 times in a thread is annoying as well.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Yes, "congrats" 47 times in a thread is annoying as well.

Sorry once again!Sad
I can't stand when the title of a game thread has the losing team first, as in "Red 50, Blue 55".

Can't stand it, and I will always edit the thread to turn it around. Smile
The only thing that kills me is you can only say good things about stuff, god forbid you say anything negitive, you know since the world is all nice.
Members who only post negative remarks about teams/people really gets on my nerves...Don't they ever have anything good to say?
Although a teacher, I can get through the abbreviated typing, spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes because I am phonetically inclined (lol)and I realize that this is just a forum to get thoughts across;however, I hate that some get on here only to express negativity. I don't think that they are always this negative in real life or at least I hope not!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Members who only post negative remarks about teams/people really gets on my nerves...Don't they ever have anything good to say?

I agree totally with you.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:punctuashun especially not using periods n spelleng n TIEPING N CAPZ N USING SHORT TEXT NSTED OF SPELLENG OUT THE WHOLE WORDS N I ALSO HATE When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Sentence n when u r triying 2 make out what a sentence says N CANT BCAUSE OF STUFF LIKE THIS I SWEAR I AM LOOSING IT

I'm a lazy person at heart and posts like this make me have to work way too hard to understand them. Some of the posts on here look like a caveman wrote them.
ComfortEagle Wrote:One of my pet peeves is when people post a thread and feel the need to put more than one question mark at the end.

Is there really a need to put ?????? at the end of the thread? You're asking a question, we get it, lol.

Another thing would have to be capitalization. Seriously, how hard is it to hit SHIFT?

Keep it civil in here, no bashing of anyone or the site.

kind of picky aren't we?????

Smile
:o I hate getting banned.
hahahah dude that is the creepiest avatar I have ever seen
crazytaxidriver Wrote:hahahah dude that is the creepiest avatar I have ever seen

I don't know about that. Your avatar kind of freaks me out.Big Grin As far as my avatar I guess the sweet smile kind of won me over.
Pages: 1 2 3