Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What are some things on BGR that really annoy you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Redneck Wrote::thatsfunn That's hilarious...

So....I take it you understand what I am talking about?Big Grin
A-TRAIN Wrote:Just finding the site, I am suprised of the Eastern KY bias here. This is Bluegrass Rivals, Kentucky High School Sports, although it seems to be 14th-15th region dominant. Growing up playing and watching sports in the 59th district, it is great to find a place where it is discussed openly as I have been out of the loop the last few years. I only get to read the LHL, News-Express online and what I can hear from the few people I know still connected to the teams. I would like to see more discussions about teams from other parts of the state. It is hard to believe in all of the threads I have read, not one about ole' Randy McCoy and UHA, who else better to coach Hopson in his last year of high school ball. A little sarcasm for you there. Seems as no one on here has any connection with any teams outside of eastern Kentucky although this is supposedly a statewide discussion forum. Might as well be called Pike County Rivals with a few extras thrown in.

As someone has previously stated, we are aware of the Eastern KY bias on this site. When BGR was first created, basically the only people who knew about it were from E. KY. Since that time it has grown tremendously and we have been doing our best to extend discussion to the rest of the state.

Personally, I think it is a good thing that we have a large number of E. KY members. On other sites, you rarely find the amount of discussion on the teams that are covered here and I think a lot of members appreciate that.

At the same time, we do want to cover everyone and be able to attract members from all across the state. When the site first started I would guess that the membership was 90% E. KY and 10% elsewhere. I would say that it has now leveled to around 70% E. KY and 30% elsewhere.

But in order to extend discussion across the state we need more members from those areas that are willing to start discussions and become long-lasting contributors to this site.
Pages: 1 2 3