Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Coach at Pikeville High School?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Who started the spread offense at Pikeville anyway. Was it Jason Howell? They are many different types of the so called spread offense being run on the high school level. When Hillard coached at pikeville he was in the spread when he split one receiver out wide. When Ben Howard was in the spread people said he could not run that type of offense but I think he did ok.
John Chapman brought the spread offense. Jason Howell and Doug Back took the base and expanded the formations, motions, shifts, and plays.
I might be wrong but I think the 1999 Pikeville football team, that has been discussed on this tread, success was the work that they put in during the winter weight lifting program and summer football camps.
My guess is Shawn Hager may be a top candidate for this position.
I agree that he would be a good choice for the job. Would the people of Pikeville allow this to take place.
John Chapman - Head Coach - Offensive Coordinator
Michael Copley - Asst. Head Coach - Defensive Coordinator
Matt Branham - Asst. Offensive Coordinator - QB Coach
Jason Anderson - Off. & Def. Line Coach
Mark Wheeler - Off. & Def. Line Coach - Special Teams
Chase Gibson - Asst. Def. Coordinator - Linebackers & Recievers Coach
Nick King - Def. Backs & Recievers Coach
Paul Sullivan - Def. Backs & Running Back Coach

Tell me what you think. Let's hear it from all the Allumni that wants Panther Football back on top.
I say John Chapman would take that staff and be their tomorrow.
State Champs Wrote:I agree that he would be a good choice for the job. Would the people of Pikeville allow this to take place.
I dont know if hed come here or not. Hes built a great program over in Inez. IMO the only place hed leave there for is Belfry whenever Haywood decides to step down.
stripminer Wrote:John Chapman - Head Coach - Offensive Coordinator

Tell me what you think. Let's hear it from all the Allumni that wants Panther Football back on top.
That would be a great staff definatley.

I would have Chapman as HC and do whatever I could to get Howell, Howard and McNamee back to Pikeville. Pikeville was the best in Class A when Chapman, Howell and McNamee were on the staff.
jetpilot Wrote:I would have Chapman as HC and do whatever I could to get Howell, Howard and McNamee back to Pikeville. Pikeville was the best in Class A when Chapman, Howell and McNamee were on the staff.

Would the administration/community want them back?
John Chapman left because of one reason and one reason only.

I think that this staff could win a state championship at Millard! If there was any way to get this staff together then it would mean only great things at Pikeville. I don't believe that it is very realistic but oh how nice it would be! Gibson and King need to be back at Pikeville anyway.
Nick King could be learning the ropes on a different staff in the near future.Wink
LifeSentence Wrote:Would the administration/community want them back?

They should! They constructed the last good football teams that Pikeville High School had....as far as a state championship was concerned!

This was the last great staff (top to bottom) that Pikeville had! I am not discounting any individual coach which has coached there since... I think Mike Jackson is a good coach. Misunderstood at times, but he is a hard-working guy!
God of Thunder Wrote:They should! They constructed the last good football teams that Pikeville High School had....as far as a state championship was concerned!
What do you mean? Yes that staff was great but we never got to Louisville with them.
throw deep Wrote:Nick King could be learning the ropes on a different staff in the near future.Wink

From what he has told me you can substitute could with is. I hate to say that I believe that he may coach somewhere other than Pikeville this coming up year. Good luck to him and maybe something happens that will make it possible for him to come to Pikeville.

I feel flattered to be on this list with such great football coaches! We already have 5 of the eight on staff right now.
jetpilot Wrote:I would have Chapman as HC and do whatever I could to get Howell, Howard and McNamee back to Pikeville. Pikeville was the best in Class A when Chapman, Howell and McNamee were on the staff.

Howell and Howard have both been on here saying that they do not wish to come back at this point! Let's leave them out of this thread from here on out!
What is Pikeville's schedule for next season? Any new teams on the schedule.
Not Going To Be Happy Until Hillard Is Back.
rallo316 Wrote:Not Going To Be Happy Until Hillard Is Back.

Then you will live the rest of your life in sadness.
who has built a great program in inez if you are referring to MATNEY he is at JCHS now been there i think 2 yrs
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I dont know if hed come here or not. Hes built a great program over in Inez. IMO the only place hed leave there for is Belfry whenever Haywood decides to step down.
valleyrules101 Wrote:who has built a great program in inez if you are referring to MATNEY he is at JCHS now been there i think 2 yrs

I think everyone knows that Matney is at JC and Hager has done well at SC, come on stick to the the roundball.
valleyrules101 Wrote:who has built a great program in inez if you are referring to MATNEY he is at JCHS now been there i think 2 yrs

Are you kidding me? Everyone knows that Matney is at JCHS. I also believe that everyone knows that Hager has continued to build a good program at SCHS since the exit of Matney. I would stick to the Valley threads concerning basketball. LOL
I dont have a clue as to who the next coach will be, and neither does anyone else on here. Two points I would like to throw in. A lot of the posters on this thread have only made 20 or so posts. What is the deal with that? New people get on for this thread only, or people created a new name to post without everyone in the community and school knowing who they are. Second thought is. With all the players who didnt play last year coming back out, I dont think it was a board member asking them not to play like was posted earlier in the year.

As for who the next coach will be, only time will tell. I think in both directions. If they stay in house with ties, how much more will be expected from them? If they go out of house, how long will they stay? It will be a tough decision and hopefully the right one will be made.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont have a clue as to who the next coach will be, and neither does anyone else on here. Two points I would like to throw in. A lot of the posters on this thread have only made 20 or so posts. What is the deal with that? New people get on for this thread only, or people created a new name to post without everyone in the community and school knowing who they are.

You are a "basketball only fan". There are a lot more "football only fans" in Pikeville. And a they know how important this hire is for the football program. That's why you are seeing all the interest.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont have a clue as to who the next coach will be, and neither does anyone else on here. Two points I would like to throw in. A lot of the posters on this thread have only made 20 or so posts. What is the deal with that? New people get on for this thread only, or people created a new name to post without everyone in the community and school knowing who they are. Second thought is. With all the players who didnt play last year coming back out, I dont think it was a board member asking them not to play like was posted earlier in the year.

As for who the next coach will be, only time will tell. I think in both directions. If they stay in house with ties, how much more will be expected from them? If they go out of house, how long will they stay? It will be a tough decision and hopefully the right one will be made.

Seeing as how you are not affiliated with the football team, I would like to get your opinion on who you think Pikeville should hire to fun the football program.
hootie Wrote:They have to pull in some recruits like they use to and it is not happened for some time. Just think if they didn't have their local recruits. They would have really struggles this year.
Recruiting is ILLEGAL in KY high school athletics and discussion of illegal activities is a rule violation.
I have just been skimming through this thread and it's definitely filled with some interesting posts...everyone is entitled to their opinions and I love all of the suggestions that have been made...but...honestly...none of us have any say as to who will get the next head coaching position at Pikeville High School.

As a former player, I loved the Coaching Staff that Pikeville had in place...and it really was devastating for me to hear that Coach J was leaving, but he obviously had some issues that he had to deal with and I respect that. With that said, I believe Coach Copley would be a great person for the Head Coaching Position at Pikeville. He puts so much hard work and dedication into everything he does and that was as an asst. coach...i can only imagine how much harder he would work as a head coach (if thats even possible!) The reaming coach's on Pikeville staff is great and i wouldn't replace any of them! I have nothing but great respect for all of them and i would go to battle with everyone one of them. I have honestly never heard of a coach and his staff being so close to their players and always being there for them...no matter what. Coach J had everything headed in the right direction for the Pikeville Program whether you all believe me or not...And now that he is gone, I couldn't think of anyone better to take over than Coach Copley. I still hang around the weight room and Copley has some new faces in there already...not to mention they are all working their butts off for him! I know that the players there right now would love nothing more than to have Coach Copley as their Head Coach...and I am with them 100%

I don't have the slightest clue as to who will be the head coach will be, or much less who all is applying. But what i do know is that Coach Copley will apply...and he is very deserving of the position. He gets the most out of his players and he is great at having his team prepared. If you don't believe me just look at what he has done with Pikeville's D...they have been very highly ranked in the state ever since he has been there. IMO I don't know if anyone is more deserving of this head coach job at Pikeville. I don't mean to put down anyone else's suggestions as to who they think should get the job, but i am a strong believer in Copley and the rest of the staff that is in place. With a few additions of former players as coaches ( ex. Chase Gibson) I really believe that Pikeville will be headed in the right direction...and with Copley's leadership i think he can take Pikeville back to the top...despite what many others think. If former players had any say as to who the new head coach was...you would see me out there campaigning for Copley!

I hope all goes well and the best candidate gets the job...It's time for Pikeville Football to get back to the TOP!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15