Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal Prep ratings Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Interesting ratings. Eastern Kentucky teams in the top 20...

#8 Shelby Valley
#11 Elliot Co.
#12 June Buchanan
#16 Paintsville
#18 Hazard
More Cowbell Wrote:Interesting ratings. Eastern Kentucky teams in the top 20...

#8 Shelby Valley
#11 Elliot Co.
#12 June Buchanan
#16 Paintsville
#18 Hazard

I think that JBS should be ranked ahead of the teams mentioned.
How do they come up with these ratings?

I noticed they are slightly differnt from the courier journals. Some of the same teams just in a different order.
14th reg.champs Wrote:I think that JBS should be ranked ahead of the teams mentioned.

Based on what?

Not saying you're right or wrong, just wondering what you base that assumption on. None of the three have played each other, so any rankings have to be based on what other teams they have played...
Which site is the acctual rankings for the state?
More Cowbell Wrote:Based on what?

Not saying you're right or wrong, just wondering what you base that assumption on. None of the three have played each other, so any rankings have to be based on what other teams they have played...

JBS beat DeSales by 10
Valley beat Desales by 1
Elliot Co. got beat by Covington Catholic by 14
Covington catholic got beat by Mason Co. by 18
With that JBS is the better of the three.
I agree that these are the best of the mountains. But I don't see JBS as better than Valley. But honestly, on a given night and depending on where the game was played, I could see any of these teams as capable of beating the other. Ratings are acceptable to me though.

uk96

More Cowbell Wrote:Interesting ratings. Eastern Kentucky teams in the top 20...

#8 Shelby Valley
#11 Elliot Co.
#12 June Buchanan
#16 Paintsville
#18 Hazard

No offense to anyone but I cant see Hazard listed as 18. I have not seen them in any statewide polls. Hazard has played a real weak schedule so far in the state and I am not sure about their two losses they had last week because they were out of state. I think the other 4 teams belong there though.
I think that these teams are tops in the mountains, but I can see any team beating one another on a given night.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:How do they come up with these ratings?

I noticed they are slightly differnt from the courier journals. Some of the same teams just in a different order.
I don't know....maybe they get outside of Lexington and Louisville???
14th reg.champs Wrote:JBS beat DeSales by 10
Valley beat Desales by 1

:lmao: How do you figure?
It's called math. You know two plus two.
Yeah man. You know what comparin scores will do for ya, NOTHIN... Valley has also beat Male, South Miami Florida and Binghampton New York. IDK how they determine these rankings. I do know the CJ rankings are more legit. CJ is a power ratin that is computerized by strength of schedule, point margin and wins/losses. Accordin to those rankins Elliott is better than JBS. What does Elliott gettin beat by Cov Cath and Cove Cath gettin beat by Mason have to do with anything?
uk96 Wrote:No offense to anyone but I cant see Hazard listed as 18. I have not seen them in any statewide polls. Hazard has played a real weak schedule so far in the state and I am not sure about their two losses they had last week because they were out of state. I think the other 4 teams belong there though.
agreed!!
Redneck Wrote:Yeah man. You know what comparin scores will do for ya, NOTHIN... Valley has also beat Male, South Miami Florida and Binghampton New York. IDK how they determine these rankings. I do know the CJ rankings are more legit. CJ is a power ratin that is computerized by strength of schedule, point margin and wins/losses. Accordin to those rankins Elliott is better than JBS. What does Elliott gettin beat by Cov Cath and Cove Cath gettin beat by Mason have to do with anything?

Mason beat JBS by 10 and Cov Cath by 18. Cov Cath beat Elliot by 14. And as far as comparing scores, isn't that how they get rankings anyway?
14th reg.champs Wrote:JBS beat DeSales by 10
Valley beat Desales by 1

If the only basis for your opinion that JBS is better than Valley is their margin of victory over DeSales, that's pretty weak. One could also judge the two teams' relative strength by looking at the schools each has beaten so far this year:

SV = Male, DeSales, Ashland Blazer, Worthington (OH), South Miami (FL), Binghamton (NY)
JBS = DeSales, Knott Central, Cordia

By looking at who each has beaten, Valley gets a definite edge. However, this system does not prove they are the better team, and neither do their victory margins against DeSales.
14th reg.champs Wrote:Mason beat JBS by 10 and Cov Cath by 18. Cov Cath beat Elliot by 14. And as far as comparing scores, isn't that how they get rankings anyway?

You do know Cov Cath had some injuries don't ya, that's why Cov Cath's coach and Coach Runyon at Paintsville mutually decided not to play the consy game because of both teams injuries.
No one has still answered the question

"How do they come up with these ratings?" "What are they based on?"
14th reg.champs Wrote:Mason beat JBS by 10 and Cov Cath by 18. Cov Cath beat Elliot by 14. And as far as comparing scores, isn't that how they get rankings anyway?

You must not know much about basketball. JBS is good and I have saw JBS and Elliot and SV player and Elliot is the better of the teams. You can't say scores means a team is better than anyone. So if LSU wins the National Title does that mean UK is national champs? Think before you type.
JBs this and valley that. You wait and see when paintsville beats Valley for the all region. then plays elliot and beats them. You guys dont give paintsvilel anything. they are jsut as good or better then all three of these teams. just b/c im a tiger fan doesnt mean anything. its true
:Clap:
DB3 Wrote:JBs this and valley that. You wait and see when paintsville beats Valley for the all region. then plays elliot and beats them. You guys dont give paintsvilel anything. they are jsut as good or better then all three of these teams. just b/c im a tiger fan doesnt mean anything. its true

:Clap:
DB3 Wrote:just b/c im a tiger fan doesnt mean anything. its true

Of course it does it means everything.

Valley so far has beaten more good teams then Paintsville and JBS both. As far as the 15th goes, Valley is the defending champs and until knocked off they are and should be #1 in the Region.
DB3 Wrote:JBs this and valley that. You wait and see when paintsville beats Valley for the all region. then plays elliot and beats them. You guys dont give paintsvilel anything. they are jsut as good or better then all three of these teams. just b/c im a tiger fan doesnt mean anything. its true

How many times in the past have we heard the same thing about the gang that's at Paintsville?
More Cowbell Wrote:If the only basis for your opinion that JBS is better than Valley is their margin of victory over DeSales, that's pretty weak. One could also judge the two teams' relative strength by looking at the schools each has beaten so far this year:

SV = Male, DeSales, Ashland Blazer, Worthington (OH), South Miami (FL), Binghamton (NY)
JBS = DeSales, Knott Central, Cordia

By looking at who each has beaten, Valley gets a definite edge. However, this system does not prove they are the better team, and neither do their victory margins against DeSales.

Good post.
SV- also a close loss to J-town (5 pts) and played the #3 team in the country (its got to count for experience)
JBS- also losses to Lex Cath and Mason County by only 10 or so.
Now in the poll this don't mean anything but if you are trying to determine the better team or the better preparation, I believe Valley takes the edge.

uk96

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Good post.
SV- also a close loss to J-town (5 pts) and played the #3 team in the country (its got to count for experience)
JBS- also losses to Lex Cath and Mason County by only 10 or so.
Now in the poll this don't mean anything but if you are trying to determine the better team or the better preparation, I believe Valley takes the edge.

SV and JBS are both very good teams that deserve their rankings and the main thing is that both are representing East KY basketball very well....
I think all of us can agree that Valley JBS and Paintsville is doing a very good job of that this year.
There are so many polls out there it will make your head spin. You really can't tell by polls who the best teams are. Some polls use computers to make their picks. Some are picked by the media and some are picked by the coaches. All the games are played on a basketball court and that is the only way to see who is the best .

You make all of us Paintsville fans look stupid when you make posts like this...
Redneck Wrote:You do know Cov Cath had some injuries don't ya, that's why Cov Cath's coach and Coach Runyon at Paintsville mutually decided not to play the consy game because of both teams injuries.
No, that was a reason but not the main reason, the main reason was both teams had already 11 games.
Pages: 1 2