Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I Called My HS and Said That I Wanted to Interview Tommy Greer. It Didn't Go Well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I called yesterday afternoon. Said that I was an independent sports writer, internet blogger , and host of a weekly podcast featuring news and information about high school and college sports in KY. I  talked to someone in the athletic department who, while not completely ruling out the possibility of me getting an interview with the Corbin coach, said Tommy would really busy over the next week and has several interviews scheduled already. The person I was on the phone with took my information and phone number and said someone get back with me.  I am not expecting a return call(although I plan on calling back on Monday if I haven't heard anything by then).

My question for the readers of this thread is this:   If Old School does get a call back and is able to secure the prized interview, what are some questions that you would like for me to ask him?  I have a few in mind already(believe me, they're dandies) but I want the readers on here to give me ideas on some pointed , pertinent, and probing questions that I could ask the Corbin coach. Anything is fair game, as far as I'm concerned.  Everything I do , I do for you(wasn't that a song?) So, if I get to interview the Corbin head coach, I want you to be informed and entertained when I publish the interview here on BGR. 

Anything you'd like Old School  to ask the ol' ball coach ?
Ask him what the #1 song was 41 years ago today
What is his order at the Root Beer Stand?
Ask him "What is your BGR username?"
(11-09-2023, 11:51 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him "What is your BGR username?"

You don't know already? lol
I love these questions. I will absolutely ask him Jet's question. Problem is, after asking that one I would not be asking any more because the interview would be shut down. I would risk it, though.

By the way, the #1 song on this day 41 years ago was pretty appropriate for my Hounds :

https://youtu.be/bjrOcrisGyI?list=RDbjrOcrisGyI
(11-09-2023, 12:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I love these questions.  I will absolutely ask him Jet's question. Problem is, after asking that  one I would not be asking any more because the interview would be shut down.  I would risk it, though.

By the way, the #1 song on this day 41 years ago was pretty appropriate for my Hounds :

https://youtu.be/bjrOcrisGyI?list=RDbjrOcrisGyI

Corbin needs private Mayo on the team.
Ask him what information of yours he will need to get a restraining order
(11-09-2023, 01:09 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him what information of yours he will need to get a restraining order

This is definitely Tommy Greer
Do you really have a weekly podcast?
ask him:

1) what is HIS offensive philosophy? and does it every change? game to game? year to year based on the players he has?---- I already know the answer, but I'd just like to see him BS his way through it and give the best political answer he can give

2) In game adjustments are a huge part of coaching and WINNING. What-if any- does he do during the game, at the half to adjust, and does he take player feedback and adjust accordingly to what hes getting from them off the field? -- Already know the answer to that as well from first hand player testimonies.

3) HOW DO YOU COVER OUR WEAKNESSES ON DEFENSE AGAINST A TEAM LIKE BOYLE AND THEIR 4 OFFENSIVE STARS AND MASTERMIND HEAD COACH WHO WILL DEF. HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE FOR US?

If wouldn't have made this post, you might have got an interview. YOU for sure wont now! because you know damn well with his ego, he's on here reading this. he cant help it. And he knows now what its all about. I'd be willing to bet you'd get more answers out of presidential debate than you would his answers for those questions?

BONUS QUESTION For the very end: Why did corbin start playing for the "C's" after a certain player graduated 2 years go and not during? hahahaha
(11-09-2023, 01:11 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 01:09 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him what information of yours he will need to get a restraining order

This is definitely Tommy Greer

99.9%
Ask him what his opinion is of you. Wink

jk
(11-09-2023, 01:14 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]ask him:

1) what is HIS offensive philosophy? and does it every change? game to game? year to year based on the players he has?---- I already know the answer, but I'd just like to see him BS his way through it and give the best political answer he can give

2) In game adjustments are a huge part of coaching and WINNING. What-if any- does he do during the game, at the half to adjust, and does he take player feedback and adjust accordingly to what hes getting from them off the field? -- Already know the answer to that as well from first hand player testimonies.

3) HOW DO YOU COVER OUR WEAKNESSES ON DEFENSE AGAINST A TEAM LIKE BOYLE AND THEIR 4 OFFENSIVE STARS AND MASTERMIND HEAD COACH WHO WILL DEF. HAVE SOMETHING UP HIS SLEEVE FOR US?

If wouldn't have made this post, you might have got an interview. YOU for sure wont now! because you know damn well with his ego, he's on here reading this. he cant help it. And he knows now what its all about. I'd be willing to bet you'd get more answers out of presidential debate than you would his answers for those questions?

BONUS QUESTION For the very end:  Why did corbin start playing for the "C's" after a certain player graduated 2 years go and not during? hahahaha
Also ask him:  It appears your philosophy differs from alot of other successful coaches in that you for some reason will NOT play your "BEST Athletes" both ways on offense and defense but other teams like Boyle seem to be successful doing this. Could you explain your thoughts?

BONUS QUESTION For the very end:  Why did corbin start playing for the "C's" after a certain player graduated 2 years go and not during? hahahaha

We found Justin Haddix and Tommy Greer on the same thread, what a time to be alive
Ask him if he ever studies game film.
(11-09-2023, 01:37 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: [ -> ]

Also ask him:  It appears your philosophy differs from alot of other successful coaches in that you for some reason will NOT play your "BEST Athletes" both ways on offense and defense but other teams like Boyle seem to be successful doing this. Could you explain your thoughts?

The bolded was one of the first questions that I had on my list to ask him.  Also, Hound5, very good questions. I will add them to the list.

Does anyone think Old School has a shot at getting Greer on record with an interview?  I'm kinda worried that I might have shot my wad by mentioning it on here .  Maybe Tommy just reads the Bible and foregoes reading the somewhat cerebral , but always entertaining, ravings of a madman on on BGR . I'm calling back on Monday to see if they give me a yes or no answer  for a one-on-one  Tommy Train vs OSH ,by Gosh, interview.

(11-09-2023, 01:24 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him what his opinion is of you.  Wink

jk

I will, granny. Believe me, I will.

Here's a preview how it's likely to go :

I have my massage appointment in a couple of hours. I know its the same joint a couple of coaches frequent so hopefully I can score a scoop while I am there and then share it with the readers here.
If he grants a live interview wear a football helmet. Very effective preventing against pump knots.
Nahhh. Wear a guy fawkes mask haha
If he wakes up in the middle of the night with a new coaching idea, does he roll over and tell Dave Cox or roll over the other way and tell Steve Hart?
(11-09-2023, 03:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him if he ever studies game film.

Big Grin PJDOUG I have laughed till I cried on that one..................
(11-09-2023, 05:50 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Nahhh. Wear a guy fawkes mask haha

Smile Boys, you can't say stuff like this when Im eating, I have about choked reading this stuff!!! Its hilarious!!!
Smile I personally would wait and interview him just after the Boyle game.......Just my 2 cents worth and then you can ask alot more questions..
Ask him how many Facebook friends did he delete off his personal Facebook. Lol!!
Might as well ask if he just wants me to put a for sale sign in his yard or just list it on Zillow in 2 weeks and a day?
(11-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I need you on the Whitley County staff. lol
I think if OSH gets this interview we are going have to pool our money to get him out of jail because the club will have him arrested
Zero chance a rotary phone still works in OSH living room. *dial tone noises*

He doesn’t want that interview.
I would literally donate a month's salary to charity if Tommy would agree to go one-on one with the Great One(apologies to the Rock), and I be allowed to ask anything I wanted. A month's salary.

Okay , I went for my hot stone massage at 4:30 today and I promised to let you all know if I came up with any great scoop about the Corbin staff or rumors concerning preparation for the biggest football game of the season. Unfortunately, I have no great scoop to relay to you at this time. I thought I might hear something interesting about Greer, Elam, Mouser or one of the other coaches , considering that I know they frequent this establishment often but I came up mostly empty. I would love to tell you that I ran into Tommy there and we got into a scrum and had to be separated by two oriental girls wearing g-strings held together by dental floss, but nothing like that happened.

Since I know a couple of the girls there pretty well, I did ask if any of the coaches had come in recently for massages and was told one of the coaches was in sometime last week and that he and another coach was scheduled for a rubdown sometime next week. I don't know which coaches. Apparently the guy that was in last week paid for something the girls called "THE WORKS." This tier of massage pleasure costs $75 more than the $60 I paid for my hot stone massage.

When I asked if the coach seemed happy with what he received and if he had a "happy ending", the lady said, "Why don't you ask him?" When I explained that I am not on speaking terms with any of the Corbin coaches, she said , "Why don't you get THE WORKS and see for yourself?" I told her I'll just stick with the hot stones and that I'd prefer MY STONES be left alone. I left with a $63.60 tab(plus $20 tip) and my self-respect. I can't , for certain, say the same for the Corbin coach, as I still don't know what the hell "The Works" entails , although I'm pretty sure it involves a silicone ball gag and a small mammal.

Stay tuned...
(11-09-2023, 11:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

I need you on the Whitley County staff. lol

Im old enough to remember when Greer was on the sidelines at Whitley in 01 just to leave and head back to Bell the next year before coming back to Whitley in 03 and then leaving back for Bell again. He shafted em once and they let him do it again a second time. 
I believe he may have been the head coach of the baseball team for a year during that time too…
Pages: 1 2 3