Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I Called My HS and Said That I Wanted to Interview Tommy Greer. It Didn't Go Well...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Give the guy a break. He is 11-0. Even tho i do feel he underachieved the last 2 years id let this season play out. As someone wanting corbin to win it all this year im not ready to count them out just because Boyle beat FD more decisively than corbin did. Regardless of how good Boyle’s offense is. No one is gonna be able to put up more than 21 on this defense. Better yet i think boyle is the only ones capable of putting up 3 td’s on this defense.
(11-10-2023, 02:38 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 11:26 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 06:58 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 03:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him if he ever studies game film.

Big Grin PJDOUG I have laughed till I cried on that one..................

I need you on the Whitley County staff. lol

Im old enough to remember when Greer was on the sidelines at Whitley in 01 just to leave and head back to Bell the next year before coming back to Whitley in 03 and then leaving back for Bell again. He shafted em once and they let him do it again a second time. 
I believe he may have been the head coach of the baseball team for a year during that time too…

I don't wish to ever see Greer or any other Corbin assistant on Whitley County sideline. I want Mr. Bull on staff as a video analyst.
(11-10-2023, 05:04 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: [ -> ]Give the guy a break. He is 11-0. Even tho i do feel he underachieved the last 2 years id let this season play out. As someone wanting corbin to win it all this year im not ready to count them out just because Boyle beat FD more decisively than corbin did. Regardless of how good Boyle’s offense is. No one is gonna be able to put up more than 21 on this defense.  Better yet i think boyle is the only ones capable of putting up 3 td’s on this defense.

They have the ability to disrupt Boyle's high powered offense. We'll see if they do it or not.
(11-09-2023, 12:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I love these questions.  I will absolutely ask him Jet's question. Problem is, after asking that  one I would not be asking any more because the interview would be shut down.  I would risk it, though.

By the way, the #1 song on this day 41 years ago was pretty appropriate for my Hounds :

https://youtu.be/bjrOcrisGyI?list=RDbjrOcrisGyI
Oh my gosh!  That is the song that wife and I walked out of the church to after our wedding!  I'm getting soooo old.  41 years?...geez
I still can't get over the continued harsh criticisms of a coach and staff that's had this kind of record over the last few years. Minus a state championship, there are very few teams out there having this kind of success. Yet every 2 days like clockwork there's another thread bashing - in a mean spirited, childish name calling manner - the staff and administration. Maybe the issue isn't them.
(11-09-2023, 09:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him how many Facebook friends did he delete off his personal Facebook.  Lol!!

64, seems like I remember you, or someone on here, saying that Greer deleted you from his Friends list.  Is that really true?

(11-10-2023, 07:11 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]I still can't get over the continued harsh criticisms of a coach and staff that's had this kind of record over the last few years. Minus a state championship, there are very few teams out there having this kind of success. Yet every 2 days like clockwork there's another thread bashing - in a mean spirited, childish name calling manner - the staff and administration. Maybe the issue isn't them.

You clearly don't know how to have fun and laugh, only WHINE !!!  I grieve for your significant other!!!
(11-10-2023, 11:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 09:09 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him how many Facebook friends did he delete off his personal Facebook.  Lol!!

64, seems like I remember you, or someone on here, saying that Greer deleted you from his Friends list.  Is that really true?

(11-10-2023, 07:11 AM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]I still can't get over the continued harsh criticisms of a coach and staff that's had this kind of record over the last few years. Minus a state championship, there are very few teams out there having this kind of success. Yet every 2 days like clockwork there's another thread bashing - in a mean spirited, childish name calling manner - the staff and administration. Maybe the issue isn't them.

You clearly don't know how to have fun and laugh, only WHINE !!!  I grieve for your significant other!!!
It's almost shocking that the person who whines and complains on here about 10 times as much as everyone else combined would say that. I guess it's the first joke you've made that was ever mildly funny... and didn't have  barely disguised vulgarity and profanity.
(11-10-2023, 12:45 PM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's almost shocking that the person who whines and complains on here about 10 times as much as everyone else combined would say that. I guess it's the first joke you've made that was ever mildly funny... and didn't have  barely disguised vulgarity and profanity.

I don't recall EVER reading a post from you that you're not complaining in some way.
(11-10-2023, 12:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't recall EVER reading a post from you that you're not complaining in some way.
You just quoted one in the Taylor v Corbin thread a couple of minutes ago, so you don't have much credibility on this one.
If anyone ever wondered just how delusional and unhinged Corbin fans are, just remember that they are currently about to be 12-0 after tonight and still have fans doing this nonsense.

Parents, just remember that before you send your transfers there. You’ll never be good enough….
(11-10-2023, 01:28 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone ever wondered just how delusional and unhinged Corbin fans are, just remember that they are currently about to be 12-0 after tonight and still have fans doing this nonsense.

Parents, just remember that before you send your transfers there. You’ll never be good enough….

They'll be 12-0 but still 0-41. I think that's what irritates a lot of Corbin fans. Corbin rarely has an issue going 12-0  or 13-0.
(11-10-2023, 01:28 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone ever wondered just how delusional and unhinged Corbin fans are, just remember that they are currently about to be 12-0 after tonight and still have fans doing this nonsense.

Corbin should have won at least two state championships in the last five years. They are wasting talent, and need to send my Colonels back home if they can't win one this year.
(11-10-2023, 01:16 PM)know1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2023, 12:59 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

You just quoted one in the Taylor v Corbin thread a couple of minutes ago, so you don't have much credibility on this one.

I'm as real as it gets and stated a fact, Felix.
Maybe you missed it in the other threads about how this current coach and part of his staff were part of a ruse that ultimately ended in a very popular and successful coach leaving for a rival school.  If said coach had left on his own accord, then there probably wouldn’t be all the backlash from it all the time.  That coupled with the constant doubling down that it was the best thing for the program because the lack of discipline under the previous staff, all while watching a certain coaches sons antics, make it a bitter pill to swallow…Some of you love to throw out the 40 year drought but don’t want to hear that this right here is the reason.  The people who are  constantly in control that have an agenda other than what’s best for the program and kids…Cox took the Superintendent job knowing we’re NOT a basketball school, didn’t matter to him he’s pushed that agenda….Greer elbowed his way to the table as the HC no matter that people didn’t want him all the while knowing he couldn’t beat Haddix, didn’t matter he pushed that agenda…No matter what’s said the program is declining had it not been for the influx of talent over the summer it would have been noticeable this year, but make no mistake when Tommy boy finally leaves it’ll be bad times for the program unless or until we can find another coach able to find his rear end with both hands, which we’ve missed for a while now…
(11-10-2023, 02:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

Corbin should have won at least two state championships in the last five years. They are wasting talent, and need to send my Colonels back home if they can't win one this year.

Whitley would have to prove they are capable of hiring a staff that can win ball games first. Rhymer will have to show you something in the next couple of years that looks better than the status quo. 
 Can’t blame kids for running to Corbin with the way things are done off exit 15. Hopefully they can build the talent they have into a winning team. Beating Corbin shouldn’t be the bar. You’re not going to do that until you can bring in the transfers and recruits that they are and I’m just not sure Whitley will ever be capable of that, but it’s be nice to see.
Ask him if he thinks he will ever be able to beat Justin Haddix and Boyle Co.? Smile
Idiots like this guy is the reason nobody wants to be head coaches anymore.
(11-09-2023, 11:17 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]I called yesterday afternoon. Said that I was an independent sports writer, internet blogger , and host of a weekly podcast featuring news and information about high school and college sports in KY. I  talked to someone in the athletic department who, while not completely ruling out the possibility of me getting an interview with the Corbin coach, said Tommy would really busy over the next week and has several interviews scheduled already. The person I was on the phone with took my information and phone number and said someone get back with me.  I am not expecting a return call(although I plan on calling back on Monday if I haven't heard anything by then).

My question for the readers of this thread is this:   If Old School does get a call back and is able to secure the prized interview, what are some questions that you would like for me to ask him?  I have a few in mind already(believe me, they're dandies) but I want the readers on here to give me ideas on some pointed , pertinent, and probing questions that I could ask the Corbin coach. Anything is fair game, as far as I'm concerned.  Everything I do , I do for you(wasn't that a song?) So, if I get to interview the Corbin head coach, I want you to be informed and entertained when I publish the interview here on BGR. 

Anything you'd like Old School  to ask the ol' ball coach ?
Could you ask him how come him and Dudley look so much alike?
(11-12-2023, 04:00 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]Idiots like this guy is the reason nobody wants to be head coaches anymore.

Nobody wants a coach like you. I see the bad moon a-risin'
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today.  Woah
(11-12-2023, 04:00 PM)insideinfo Wrote: [ -> ]Idiots like this guy is the reason nobody wants to be head coaches anymore.

If they let guys like me keep them from coaching, they sure as hell don't need to be in the coaching profession!!!
What I ABSOLUTELY LOVE about this thread is that it has epic psychotic thriller overtones!

The same waxkadoo that has the obsession with hating Greer challenges “himself” and all others like him in the title to do the unthinkable for him.

This is brilliant. I have always heard the cliche’ “fine line between genus and insanity”.

I apologize. Same waxkadoo; wrong thread.
Ask him if he might have more success if he did not continuously hire failed (fired coaches) from other schools……is getting fired from another school a requirement to be on the Corbin staff…...seriously look at the staff….also ask about telling the truth to the kids, play hard, work hard and you will play….errr….sorry we just brought in more players so you can cheer from the side lines.

HS NIL???????? Or bribes????????

Tommy is not a terrible coach but sometimes his judgment goes more to loyalty to friends as opposed to what is best for the program
I apologize. Same waxkadoo; wrong thread.

But I do have a possible question for the interview:

Ask him if he is willing to pay the same rent as The Haddix’s for living in your head???
(11-12-2023, 09:13 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him if he might have more success if he did not continuously hire failed (fired coaches) from other schools……is getting fired from another school a requirement to be on the Corbin staff…...seriously look at the staff….also ask about telling the truth to the kids, play hard, work hard and you will play….errr….sorry we just brought in more players so you can cheer from the side lines.

Tommy is not a terrible coach but sometimes his judgment goes more to loyalty to friends as opposed to what is best for the program

The bolded---that's Corbin in a nut shell.
I called back today and asked about an interview and was told that Tommy is all booked up for interviews this week. Pretty much the answer I figured I'd get. Greer wants no part of Old School interviewing him. I would just head out to his house this week and ask him personally to go one-one-one with the Great One but he would probably have me arrested by his goon friends on the police force. I doubt Grandma Dynamite would go my bail so I won't push the issue. I'll just come up with two or three more good signs for Tommy and Dave to think about.
Not very familiar with Corbin football other than the fact they’ve been very successful. I saw on another thread that Coach Greer is 45-5 or something close to that since becoming HC…

I understand being sour about losing Haddix, but other than a state title what more could you ask for?

Does winning a state title clear his name?

Seems like much more than just winning games. 98% of schools around the state would be happy as a pig in mud if they went 45-5 in the past 50 games.

Other than Haddix… who is the answer?

Is it state title or bust in Corbin? Extremely high standards for someone who hasn’t won it all since 82.

Be careful what you wish for… next guy might be worse…
(11-14-2023, 11:51 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: [ -> ]Not very familiar with Corbin football other than the fact they’ve been very successful. I saw on another thread that Coach Greer is 45-5 or something close to that since becoming HC…

I understand being sour about losing Haddix, but other than a state title what more could you ask for?

Seems like much more than just winning games. 98% of schools around the state would be happy as a pig in mud if they went 45-5 in the past 50 games.

Is it state title or bust in Corbin? Extremely high standards for someone who hasn’t won it all since 82.

And the next guy could be a familiar face from a few years ago. Woah
(11-15-2023, 02:16 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2023, 11:51 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: [ -> ]Not very familiar with Corbin football other than the fact they’ve been very successful. I saw on another thread that Coach Greer is 45-5 or something close to that since becoming HC…

And the next guy could be a familiar face from a few years ago. Woah
Mills making a comeback???
(11-13-2023, 03:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 09:13 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him if he might have more success if he did not continuously hire failed (fired coaches) from other schools……is getting fired from another school a requirement to be on the Corbin staff…...seriously look at the staff….also ask about telling the truth to the kids, play hard, work hard and you will play….errr….sorry we just brought in more players so you can cheer from the side lines.

The bolded---that's Corbin in a nut shell.
Allow me to change the question a bit. If you could interview Haddix, what would you ask? About past teams at Corbin, the upcoming game, or the Boyle/Corbin programs, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3