Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What’s your thoughts on this season for the Dores?  I think we have a shot at winning the region if all the pieces stay in place.  I know the rumor is slone won’t be here after football, not sure how accurate that is just yet.  But jeres the projected lineup with and without him 

With:
Beverly
Woods
Slone
Sumner
Castle 

Without:
Beverly
Woods
Neace
Sumner
Castle

I think the 14th is down this year and we have a shot to win this thing either way but with slone I think we would be the favorite
With Slone they are legit but without him no way
They can win without Slone. Always have but he will help if he is there. Why in the world would he leave Perry? He will never get eligible back at Knott.
I think you’re spot on with the possible lineups.  If Slone stays, Perry should be the favorites.  I watched several games last season of Perry Central’s varsity and JV and the Sumner kid is gonna surprise a lot of people.  The kid just knows how to play the game.  The basketball IQ, a knock down shooter, and unselfishness are what I noticed.  Perry will be a much better shooting team this year which will
allow them to spread the floor and keep defenses more honest.
(10-16-2023, 01:19 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]They can win without Slone.  Always have but he will help if he is there.  Why in the world would he leave Perry?  He will never get eligible back at Knott.
Im with you , I think he should stay. But my understanding, he was upfront with Perry from the beginning and told them head there for football and may go back for basketball senior year. Now again this is coming from parents that I talk to so take that with a grain of salt.  As far as eligibility, I think he will get eligible if he goes back.  Hope he stays and we don’t have to worry about it. But I wish him well in whatever he chooses.
I think he will have a difficult time being ruled eligible if he chooses to do so after football season. Students transfer for various reasons. However, I don't think many teams will be too receptive to this move. I think Perry would have a chance winning without him, but it would be much more difficult.
(10-16-2023, 02:20 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: [ -> ]I think he will have a difficult time being ruled eligible if he chooses to do so after football season.  Students transfer for various reasons.  However, I don't think many teams will be too receptive to this move.  I think Perry would have a chance winning without him, but it would be much more difficult.
Im not familiar with the rules, but youd think in todays world about anyone can get eligible     i hope he stays with us
We can still win this region without him, Beverly, woods, and castle along with the young kids can win , obviously if he stays I think we are the favorite, but I also understand if he wants to go back where he started, he’s a 18 year old kid that came for football and if he wants to go back, I say he should be allowed too. If he does go back, I wish him the best except when they play Perry.
Should be ruled ineligible. If one can’t do it why should he be able to?
Dores will be in contention come February regardless who is or isn’t on the team, as always.
I don’t think Perry can stop Sperry if Slone leaves. Breathitt will be legit #1. Slone only kid that can guard Sperry and he wouldn’t even be able to shut Sperry down. Guess that leaves Woods or Castle matching up with him.
(10-17-2023, 12:42 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think Perry can stop Sperry if Slone leaves.  Breathitt will be legit #1.  Slone only kid that can guard Sperry and he wouldn’t even be able to shut Sperry down.  Guess that leaves Woods or Castle matching up with him.
No one is stopping Sperry as far as 1 on 1 but I agree slones size gives us the best option to maybe at least slow him down, but Sperry is not beating us alone, and I don’t think he has enough support with him this year.  Perry and Knott are the favorites
Sperry has all the help he needs. He can drop 50 on Perry.
(10-18-2023, 11:12 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry has all the help he needs.  He can drop 50 on Perry.
He can drop 50 and we still eat them 20. He does not have enough help plain and simple.  Breathitt is 3rd in region at best
(10-18-2023, 12:35 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2023, 11:12 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry has all the help he needs.  He can drop 50 on Perry.
He can drop 50 and we still eat them 20. He does not have enough help plain and simple.  Breathitt is 3rd in region at best

Breathitt is first until someone beats them.
(10-18-2023, 01:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
That’s fine and it’s a great “saying” but everyone on here knows it’s not true, they won’t be #1 preseason on any ballots, not rocket science, you lose 4 seniors that all were major contributors, you’re gonna take a step back.  They are 3rd at best and that’s being nice. 
Better be bringing some more kids in from Philly. Breathitt has all they need and a good coach to go with it.
(10-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Better be bringing some more kids in from Philly.  Breathitt has all they need and a good coach to go with it.
Guess that’s why they play the  game.  We will all find out.  Good luck to both teams!
(10-18-2023, 01:43 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
That’s fine and it’s a great “saying” but everyone on here knows it’s not true, they won’t be #1 preseason on any ballots, not rocket science, you lose 4 seniors that all were major contributors, you’re gonna take a step back.  They are 3rd at best and that’s being nice. 
Ballots do not win ball games. 

Breathitt is 1 until someone beats them
(10-19-2023, 10:26 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]

breathitt is not even 3rd best team this year   yea they the region champs til someone wins it, but they are not 1 this year   not close
(10-19-2023, 01:29 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2023, 12:35 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]He can drop 50 and we still eat them 20. He does not have enough help plain and simple.  Breathitt is 3rd in region at best

breathitt is not even 3rd best team this year   yea they the region champs til someone wins it, but they are not 1 this year   not close
That may be true... and when someone from the 14th beats them then we will know but until then they are 1.

I am not even a Breathitt homer but I rooting for them because of all of the doubt they are receiving at the moment.
(10-19-2023, 02:05 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2023, 01:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]That’s fine and it’s a great “saying” but everyone on here knows it’s not true, they won’t be #1 preseason on any ballots, not rocket science, you lose 4 seniors that all were major contributors, you’re gonna take a step back.  They are 3rd at best and that’s being nice. 

That may be true... and when someone from the 14th beats them then we will know but until then they are 1.

I am not even a Breathitt homer but I rooting for them because of all of the doubt they are receiving at the moment.
They are only getting the doubt because of people praising  them saying they #1 because they won it last year.  When obviously they lost more than any other team in the region, they are not the favorite to win, can they win, yes!  Anytime you have a kid like sperry you’re in the hunt, but no way are they the best “team” right now after all they lost regardless if they won it last year that’s just absurd.   And every team is being doubted, Perry, Knott, hazard they all getting doubted but number don’t lie, look at what everyone returns and tell me Breathitt is the best team..  Not close.
(10-19-2023, 02:45 PM)Jet fighter Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2023, 10:26 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Ballots do not win ball games. 

They are only getting the doubt because of people praising  them saying they #1 because they won it last year.  When obviously they lost more than any other team in the region, they are not the favorite to win, can they win, yes!  Anytime you have a kid like sperry you’re in the hunt, but no way are they the best “team” right now after all they lost regardless if they won it last year that’s just absurd.   And every team is being doubted, Perry, Knott, hazard they all getting doubted but number don’t lie, look at what everyone returns and tell me Breathitt is the best team..  Not close.
I would believe that if they weren't getting that same doubt last year.... and look what happened lol

(10-19-2023, 03:44 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2023, 10:26 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]Ballots do not win ball games. 

I would believe that if they weren't getting that same doubt last year.... and look what happened lol
That is definitely not the reason you folks are doubting them and you know it.

(10-19-2023, 01:29 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]breathitt is not even 3rd best team this year   yea they the region champs til someone wins it, but they are not 1 this year   not close

they were pre season #1 last year   and rightfully so    so not sure what youre referring too    i for one picked them to win it all last year
Breathitt was favorite beginning last year then started sluggish, then came the doubt but they absolutely was the favor to win it in the beginning because they had the best team and it showed when it mattered. They however are not close to the best team this year.
My point remains that they were doubted last year and I remember several members picking against them in the playoffs and throughout most of the season last year.

(10-19-2023, 03:52 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2023, 01:29 PM)the gambler Wrote: [ -> ]breathitt is not even 3rd best team this year   yea they the region champs til someone wins it, but they are not 1 this year   not close

(10-19-2023, 02:05 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: [ -> ]That may be true... and when someone from the 14th beats them then we will know but until then they are 1.

they were pre season #1 last year   and rightfully so    so not sure what youre referring too    i for one picked them to win it all last year
You may have picked them but many did not.... that is what I am referring too.
My money is on the Bobcats. Perry liable to bring a few in like they normally do. Home boys can’t get the job done. Go Dores, I mean Bobcats. None of reply’s make any sense. I’m just a keyboard warrior.
(10-23-2023, 12:37 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]My money is on the Bobcats.  Perry liable to bring a few in like they normally do.  Home boys can’t get the job done.  Go Dores, I mean Bobcats.  None of reply’s make any sense.  I’m just a keyboard warrior.
Well you finally make a little sense with this post , at least you end it with the truth!
Crying much Mom? Football be over with in 2-3 weeks. Hope the transfer portal is open at KHSAA. Idiot.
(10-23-2023, 11:17 AM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Crying much Mom?  Football be over with in 2-3 weeks.  Hope the transfer portal is open at KHSAA.  Idiot.
perry dont recruit, we reload..  dont need transfer portal, we have plenty to win region , once we get to rupp it may be ugly, but gonna be fun getting there....
Pages: 1 2