Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County vs Danville 9/1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boyle County will walk to Danville this Friday....

Boyle County (2-0)
Aug 19, 23 Gibson Southern (Fort Branch), IN at Western Kentucky University (W) 36 - 6 Rafferty's Bowl
Aug 26, 23 Lexington Christian home (W) 47 - 38 Rebel Bowl Sponsored by Whitaker Bank

Danville (0-2)
Aug 18, 23 West Jessamine (L) 27 - 34 
Aug 26, 23 Pulaski County home (L) 6 - 47

History
Oct 30, 1998 Danville 60 Boyle County 7 District Game
Sep 3, 1999 Boyle County 28 Danville 3
Sep 1, 2000 Boyle County 47 Danville 0
Aug 31, 2001 Boyle County 24 Danville 21
Sep 6, 2002 Danville 20 Boyle County 10
Sep 5, 2003 Boyle County 45 Danville 26
Sep 3, 2004 Boyle County 37 Danville 30
Sep 2, 2005 Boyle County 28 Danville 13
Sep 1, 2006 Danville 35 Boyle County 33
Sep 7, 2007 Danville 21 Boyle County 14
Sep 12, 2008 Boyle County 43 Danville 6
Sep 25, 2009 Boyle County 49 Danville 9
Sep 24, 2010 Boyle County 28 Danville 7
Sep 2, 2011 Boyle County 49 Danville 16
Aug 31, 2012 Danville 28 Boyle County 21
Sep 6, 2013 Boyle County 41 Danville 7
Sep 5, 2014 Boyle County 24 Danville 7
Sep 4, 2015 Boyle County 42 Danville 20
Sep 2, 2016 Danville 43 Boyle County 15
Aug 31, 2017 Danville 10 Boyle County 7
Aug 31, 2018 Boyle County 34 Danville 17
Sep 6, 2019 Boyle County 59 Danville 0
Sep 2, 2022 Boyle County 41 Danville 7

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...4f744f4d3d
I don’t feel sorry for Danville. 100 - 0.
Danville doesn’t score and Boyle scores at will, if I were Haddix I would end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore to be the best you have to play the best, the only thing that benefits Boyle playing Danville is probably the gate money!
(08-27-2023, 10:36 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Danville doesn’t score and Boyle scores at will, if I were Haddix I would end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore to be the best you have to play the best, the only thing that benefits Boyle playing Danville is probably the gate money!
From what I have seen the last few years the gate money only benefits Danville.  It is my understanding that the gate is split 50/50 each year so over a two year period it would be the same gate as one home gate for Boyle.  Danville has not had any attendance on the home side for the past few years.  Even what is on the home side at the Danville stadium is partly overflow from the Boyle side.  I agree to drop it and move on.
Danville in trouble....

[Image: OGC.7d85a5c02059d1ea9e9bd0575b9adc82?pid...U0haszo%3d]
Sadly, this rivalry has become very lopsided. It could be a running clock in the first quarter and will be at some point in the second. Hopefully Danville can turn things around. A competitive rivalry is good for both schools.
I don’t expect this one to be close.

Boyle County 56
Danville 06
Jack, there was a time when Danville could have said the same about Boyle. But they didn’t.
(08-27-2023, 10:36 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Danville doesn’t score and Boyle scores at will, if I were Haddix I would end the series with Danville they’re not competitive anymore to be the best you have to play the best, the only thing that benefits Boyle playing Danville is probably the gate money!

According to my calculations Danville leads the all-time series 32-21-1.  Maybe Boyle Co should try to even things up then end it.
Beatdown here.

Boyle 55
Danville 7
This may be an RPI hit for Boyle. I don’t think it matters in the end but I’m sure they would love to host until Lexington. With cov cath likely to run the table and Corbin playing at a high level with the possibility to run the table, they may be on the road round 3.
(08-27-2023, 05:14 PM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]

According to my calculations Danville leads the all-time series 32-21-1.  Maybe Boyle Co should try to even things up then end it.

you re right. The series has had ebb n flows. In the first 5 games it was 2-2-1.  

from 75-79 it was 3-2 Boyle. But from 80 to 96 Danville won 19 straight. Some were close games, most were not. Since 96, Boyle has owned the series with the Ads only winning consecutive games once I believe.

(08-27-2023, 05:18 PM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]This may be an RPI hit for Boyle. I don’t think it matters in the end but I’m sure they would love to host until Lexington. With cov cath likely to run the table and Corbin playing at a high level with the possibility to run the table, they may be on the road round 3.

Boyle still has games vs Lex Cath, Scott County and Freddy D. They have plenty of opportunity to make up RPI ground.
You’re right but most of those years it was a district game and they had no choice but we do.

(08-27-2023, 05:01 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]Jack, there was a time when Danville could have said the same about Boyle. But they didn’t.

(08-27-2023, 08:33 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]

you re right. The series has had ebb n flows. In the first 5 games it was 2-2-1.  

from 75-79 it was 3-2 Boyle. But from 80 to 96 Danville won 19 straight. Some were close games, most were not. Since 96, Boyle has owned the series with the Ads only winning consecutive games once I believe.

(08-27-2023, 05:18 PM)16 special Wrote: [ -> ]This may be an RPI hit for Boyle. I don’t think it matters in the end but I’m sure they would love to host until Lexington. With cov cath likely to run the table and Corbin playing at a high level with the possibility to run the table, they may be on the road round 3.

Boyle still has games vs Lex Cath, Scott County and Freddy D. They have plenty of opportunity to make up RPI ground.

Hatz you’re exactly right if Boyle keeps winning with the schedule they have vs Corbin and Cov Cath they shouldn’t have any problem at all securing the #1 seed for the playoffs.

Nah, they’ve already tied Danville in state titles I could care less about the series record and IMO it hasn’t been a rivalry for close to a decade Lexington Catholic has been Boyle’s biggest rival for a very long time and the Danville game isn’t benefiting Boyle in any way so why play it.

Before anyone talks of cancelling the game, note that Boyle has just won three in a row in this series. I'd also argue that Danville's wounds in terms of competitiveness have all been self-inflicted. If not for all the coaching politics, Danville would have Dawson and Brown playing for it rather than the other way around and that would change things.

But if the Ads can't get their act together, I can see Boyle terminating this game, especially if it doesn't help RPI. And who knows, based on community talk there might be a merger of these two systems in the near future so there'd be no reason to play.
(08-27-2023, 05:01 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]Jack, there was a time when Danville could have said the same about Boyle. But they didn’t.

Got that right!  Danville was some kinda tough back in the day. One of the best in the state. Sad to see what has happened.
Boyle County as many as they want. Boyle County Jr high 0
(08-27-2023, 08:48 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]You’re right but most of those years it was a district game and they had no choice but we do.

(08-27-2023, 08:33 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]

Hatz you’re exactly right if Boyle keeps winning with the schedule they have vs Corbin and Cov Cath they shouldn’t have any problem at all securing the #1 seed for the playoffs.

Nah, they’ve already tied Danville in state titles I could care less about the series record and IMO it hasn’t been a rivalry for close to a decade Lexington Catholic has been Boyle’s biggest rival for a very long time and the Danville game isn’t benefiting Boyle in any way so why play it.

Looking at this from another perspective if I am Danville I would maybe end it. I don't think I would want to continue to play a team i am losing players to. What would the score be in this game if you take Dawson, Brown, Bixler and Mclure off Boyle and add them to the Danville Roster? I think Boyle still wins but interesting to think about.
It was a different story when Danville was getting players from Boyle and other surrounding districts. Now that the shoe is on the other foot they want to get their panties in a wad. What goes around comes around.

what goes
(08-27-2023, 04:18 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t expect this one to be close.

Boyle County 56
Danville 06

Update on my prediction 

Boyle County 63
Danville 00
Surely, Boyle County would not run the score up after emptying Danville's cupboard, would they?

I say that BC will show some class and take their foot off the accelerator.

Boyle County 46 Danville 7
(08-29-2023, 06:40 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Surely, Boyle County would not run the score up after emptying Danville's cupboard, would they?

I say that BC will show some class and take their foot off the accelerator.

Boyle County 46 Danville 7
I do think Boyle will keep their starters in for first series of second half if the clock is running.  The JV will go in and they will go all out to show Haddix they want playing time.   With the clock running it’s hard to run up the score unless you are really really bad!  I’m thinking starters 36-0 JV 14-0 for a 50-0 final.
Danville is still in shambles... could not even field a JV team. Boyle really as much as they want, the continuous clock early will keep it short.
Even though there has been a lot of talk of a school merger, the thing I'm hearing now is that even if they did merge it would be kept as two separate high schools in a multi school district. So the rivalry would probably continue anyway. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Until Boyle wins 19 straight.
My dad and pawpaw told me a lot of stories about Corbin/Danville back in the day. Two top tier programs. Fans from Danville would ride into Corbin on the train . Those stories always made me wish I could have been around back then. Really hate to see what has happened to Danville football, and to some extent , Corbin football, and Clay County basketball. I absolutely hate local politics!!!! It poisons everything it touches and it touches almost everything.
(08-31-2023, 10:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]My dad and pawpaw told me a lot of stories about Corbin/Danville back in the day.  Two top tier programs. Fans from Danville would ride into Corbin on the train .  Those stories always made me wish I could have been around back then. Really hate to see what has happened to Danville football, and to some extent , Corbin football, and Clay County basketball. I absolutely hate local politics!!!! It poisons everything it touches and it touches almost everything.

For a 4 year period, Danville and Corbin renewed their rivalry from 1979-1982.  

Ironic trivia is that Danville beat the Hounds in both of their title years:  1980 and 1982
(08-31-2023, 10:49 AM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 10:44 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]My dad and pawpaw told me a lot of stories about Corbin/Danville back in the day.  Two top tier programs. Fans from Danville would ride into Corbin on the train .  Those stories always made me wish I could have been around back then. Really hate to see what has happened to Danville football, and to some extent , Corbin football, and Clay County basketball. I absolutely hate local politics!!!! It poisons everything it touches and it touches almost everything.

Ironic trivia is that Danville beat the Hounds in both of their title years:  1980 and 1982

Yep, I loved the renewal of the Danville rivalry.  I hope there comes a day when Corbin renews its rivalry with Middlesboro but I'm doubtful it happens.
(08-31-2023, 10:57 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2023, 10:49 AM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, I loved the renewal of the Danville rivalry.  I hope there comes a day when Corbin renews its rivalry with Middlesboro but I'm doubtful it happens.

Corbin and Middlesboro was the ticket in the 70's and early 80's.  One game to decide who went to the State Playoffs.  Great teams were left at home because of a break here or there in that last game of the year.
(08-29-2023, 04:16 PM)UK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at this from another perspective if I am Danville I would maybe end it.  I don't think  I would want to continue to play a team i am losing players to.  What would the score be in this game if you take Dawson, Brown, Bixler and Mclure off Boyle and add them to the Danville Roster?  I think Boyle still wins but interesting to think about.
Don’t forget Boyle also has from Danville Gosser, Ray, Yocum, and Kelly. These kids all went undefeated  their 8th grade year at Danville.

lol they just won back to back games within the past five years. I’m sure they never thought they’d be in this situation but I’m sure Boyle didn’t think they would be getting drubbed those two years.
no reason to stop it. They’ll have up years and boyles talent will eventually fall off again. Everybody can’t be good all the time
Pages: 1 2