Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region Pre-Season Top 10 players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are your pre season top 10 players?

1. Austin Sperry-Breathitt
2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
7. Hayden Neace- Buckhorn
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

HM- Isaac Bellamy- Breathitt, Trayton Woods-PCC, Carter Castle-PCC, Corey Flinchum- Powell, Jack Rose-Powell, Kenny Rose- Estill, Brayden Brandenburg- Powell
(07-08-2023, 01:47 AM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]Who are your pre season top 10 players?

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

HM- Isaac Bellamy- Breathitt, Trayton Woods-PCC, Carter Castle-PCC, Corey Flinchum- Powell, Jack Rose-Powell, Kenny Rose- Estill, Brayden Brandenburg
good list
Who is Hayden Neace? I’d have to put Castle in Top 10. Kids a hosscat. Trayton Woods probably best player in region behind Sperry.
2. Jayden Huff - KCC
3. Trayton Woods - PCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC (for now school)
5. Peyton Dixon - LCC
6. Rydge Beverly - PCC (maybe hasn’t played)
7. Issac Bellamy - Breathitt
8. Seth Caudill - Hazard
9. Evin Eversole - Hazard
10. Brady Boggs - LCC / Drake Slone - KCC
Trayton Woods is easily the #2 player in the region. The kid is smooth as silk, athletic as can be, and has the best touch in the region easily.
What about the big Ritchie kid at Wolfe?
Flinchum of Powell County is in the top 10 somewhere, regardless if he’s only a freshman.
(07-18-2023, 09:08 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]Flinchum of Powell County is in the top 10 somewhere, regardless if he’s only a freshman.
I doubt he makes it this year. Lots of points for a really bad team doesn't always get you there. If he does that at Powell, it would be different. I'd guess Rose will make it.
It’s hard to put a quitter on Top 10 Hollar rat. Who knows if the kid will even play. I’d have to say Seth Caudill is 3rd best on list. Him and Woods neck and neck.
is this list based on potential, stats, last name, or what?
Trayten woods is good player but his performance in the regional championship doesn’t sit right with me. Kid laid down and missed every lay up he shot. I’m not one to critique kids but you gotta be realistic.

(07-18-2023, 09:08 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]Flinchum of Powell County is in the top 10 somewhere, regardless if he’s only a freshman.
That kid hasn’t scored a meaningful basket in his career yet. Good player? Yes. Proven? Absolutely not.

(07-13-2023, 04:57 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Trayton Woods is easily the #2 player in the region.  The kid is smooth as silk, athletic as can be, and has the best touch in the region easily.
You say that about a kid who went 0/3 from layups in regional championship game. Woods wishes and prays every night he will wake up with the touch Austin Sperry has.
Trayton Woods hit several game winners if I remember correctly. Anyone can have a bad game but he excelled most of the time. Sperry is slasher, driver more than a shooter. Maybe it’s time for the region to host a 3pt contest and dunking contest the Sunday before the regional tournament. I’d like to see it. Probably be to hard because people hate working here.
(07-08-2023, 01:47 AM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]Who are your pre season top 10 players?

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

HM- Isaac Bellamy- Breathitt, Trayton Woods-PCC, Carter Castle-PCC, Corey Flinchum- Powell, Jack Rose-Powell, Kenny Rose- Estill, Brayden Brandenburg- Powell
Sperry’s first grade classmates graduated last year . How is he just now a Junior?

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

Sperry’s first grade classmates graduated last year . How is he just now a Junior?
I’d say because Sperry started school a year early then he took a Covid year in High School. That’s how, and yes he played by the rules of the KHSAA. Same thing for Rydge Beverly. Both will turn 19 after August deadline their SR Year.
Wait i thought soerry was going to O.T.E !!!!!! LMAO
Sperry is a Man Among Boys, whether you chose to be for him or against him that’s up to you. He’s a special player that only comes along every so often in this area. A little praise and encouragement would benefit him more and probably make some of you feel better about yourself instead of all the negative comments..
DukeBoy is right. Sperry is on/will be on the level of Ben Bowling and Braxton Beverly at Perry. Could and should move to a prep school to do nothing but practice basketball and hone is skills. Will he do that? That is yet to be seen.
(08-05-2023, 02:03 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: [ -> ]Wait i thought soerry was going to O.T.E !!!!!!  LMAO
Well smart guy, OTE has two different contracts. The big $ ones means you're not eligible for college play because it's considered professional and the NIL ones. The NIL ones preserve college eligibility but up until recently KHSAA rules were if you take NIL $ you couldn't return to regular high school. Included in the NIL is $100,000 for college should the athlete choose that route.
Sperry was offered an NIL contract that he reportedly passed on so as not to limit his options. 
So you may be LYFAO but it's out of ignorance.

(08-03-2023, 08:14 PM)Beetlejuice Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

Simply not true also known as a repeated lie. Kids he started 1st grade with are seniors this year. He's a junior due to covid repeat year. I would challenge you to name any kid who graduated last year that started with him. You can't
although i agree Sperry is the best player in the region this year, i also disagree that he is or will be as good as Ben Bolen or Braxton Beverly, players like those guys and camron justice are very few and far far between.
Sperry is more athletic than all three.
(08-07-2023, 07:38 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Sperry is more athletic than all three.
you must not have watched ben bolen play   plus the most athletic doesnt mean the best player
I saw Ben play and he was awesome but I think Sperry is overall better, especially with two more years left of HS ball. Don’t really care about comparing him to anyone, just want to see Austin do great.
(08-07-2023, 03:10 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2023, 02:03 PM)Waaaazoooooo Wrote: [ -> ]Wait i thought soerry was going to O.T.E !!!!!!  LMAO
Well smart guy, OTE has two different contracts. The big $ ones means you're not eligible for college play because it's considered professional and the NIL ones. The NIL ones preserve college eligibility but up until recently KHSAA rules were if you take NIL $ you couldn't return to regular high school. Included in the NIL is $100,000 for college should the athlete choose that route.
Sperry was offered an NIL contract that he reportedly passed on so as not to limit his options. 

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

Simply not true also known as a repeated lie. Kids he started 1st grade with are seniors this year. He's a junior due to covid repeat year. I would challenge you to name any kid who graduated last year that started with him. You can't
I could name fifty, one of which is my son that, was in the same grade and class with him through the fourth grade and played youth sports with him for years. Sperry is actually a few months older.  My son graduated last year.  Sperry is a double hold back. He will 18 in a few days yet played 16u summer ball which is a level down from what one thinks of as traditional AAU ball which 17 u league of which the kid from the Lexington area played.
(08-18-2023, 11:30 AM)Beetlejuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2023, 03:10 PM)Slim one Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Rydge Beverly- PCC
3. Jayden Huff- KCC
4. Kizer Slone - PCC
5. Hunter Haddix- KCC
6. Seth Caudill- Hazard
8. Evin Eversole- Hazard 
9. Drake Slone- KCC
10. Peyton Dixon-LCC

I could name fifty, one of which is my son that, was in the same grade and class with him through the fourth grade and played youth sports with him for years. Sperry is actually a few months older.  My son graduated last year.  Sperry is a double hold back. He will 18 in a few days yet played 16u summer ball which is a level down from what one thinks of as traditional AAU ball which 17 u league of which the kid from the Lexington area played.
Just name one and I will prove you wrong.
Bottom line. He is better than everyone else, so everyone else is upset. You wouldn't be upset if he was playing for your school. I can promise you that,,,,,
1. Sperry- Brethitt 
2. Beverly- Perry
3. Caudill- Hazard
4. Huff- knott
5. Brandenburg- Powell 
6. Eversole- Hazard
7. Sloan- Perry
8. Creech- Wolf
9. Haddix- knott
10. Rose- Powell
Flinchum is at Wolfe now? Why wouldn’t he stay and go to Breathitt? Leaves for Powell and now ends up at Wolfe?
(08-28-2023, 09:09 AM)Wincity Wrote: [ -> ]1. Sperry- Brethitt 
2. Beverly- Perry
3. Caudill- Hazard
4. Huff- knott
5. Brandenburg- Powell 
6. Eversole- Hazard
7. Sloan- Perry
8. Creech- Wolf
9. Haddix- knott
10. Rose- Powell
Good list.  I am Bias, but I think slone should be higher and I have I have woods and castle in there from Perry.  Again I am bias to Perry central lol
(08-28-2023, 09:09 AM)Wincity Wrote: [ -> ]1. Sperry- Brethitt 
2. Beverly- Perry
3. Caudill- Hazard
4. Huff- knott
5. Brandenburg- Powell 
6. Eversole- Hazard
7. Sloan- Perry
8. Creech- Wolf
9. Haddix- knott
10. Rose- Powell
Any list wo Dixon of LCC is not credible.
Pages: 1 2